New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Azure Zephyr

with shrike...
    "Ah well. Sorry for disturbing you then. You are an unusual woman Shrike with a most unusual future it would seem. o try to avoid dying, it would be dreadful if the universe fell apart due to some sort of temporal inconsistency."

later...
    At the sound of the claxon Olrik leaves his quarters and heads up to the deck, tapping the patch of skin that activates his armour en route.

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    — Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruug nods to Calli as he stands up and follows after her. With a thought, he calls his armor to himself, wanting to be prepared.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Liam chuckles, "I hate to shatter your self-image, milove, but once you and I get going on any particular evening, you are rarely quiet." He winks at his bride
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Calli Pent 44/44 hp
    Halfling Rogue/Dragon-Knight

Once on deck, Calli links to Jasper. Please help me. She asks him, then imagines the armor taking its usual form around her.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike

in the hallwasy with Olrik:

"Not disturbed at all. And...I certainly intend to avoid dying, for as long as is possible." The exotic redhead chuckles softly. "I have a family to raise. Hopefully a large one."

later:

"I suppose you do have a point there, love." Shrike chuckles softly, blushes, and gives Liam a kiss on the cheek as they hurry in response to the alarm!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Shrike

"The I wish you the best of luck and say farewell millady."

Making to leave there is evident sarcasm in the manner with which Olrik address Shrike. Why is not clear.

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

with Olrik

Shrike nods, and gives her fellow psion an odd look, before continuing her run...

Must think I need to study more, she muses.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Default Red Alert

Aust will be able to get to the main deck quickly. Most of the general crew has a station to get to. Those staying below will man a bow-port, or even mechanical gun or ballista. They will remain below decks. Olmeric will make his way to the main deck where Merie, Gertha, and other important officers are.

Salli is scared when Calli leaves her, but does stick close to Percy the gay bard, who is now manning a bow-port. Percy points her to another bow-port near him.

You are able to activate few of your defenses on the way to the main deck. And already the silver jets will be zipping away after blanketing the deck with a yellow laser attacks. Shields hold, but the concussive force rattles the ship. Another problem, is there seems to be an invisible source, projecting a green dimensional anchor grounding the ship. This manifesting green beam is far bigger than anything Liam has tried to create. It is separate than whatever jets just flew overhead.

These things are so fast, that you basically get one shot to fire at them. Unfortunately with the shields up few attacks can get out. One good thing, of the dozens of miniature silver jets with githyanki pilots riding on top, a couple are blown up by the ships force bolts in defense.

As Calli comes to the deck, she will feel her own hand come alive with energy. She feels she might even be able to 'throw' some sonic energy at the attackers through the force shield!

Initiatives:
    Arha 20+7
    Illanee 15+9
    Attacking Metal Jets

Olrik 18+2
    Liam 19+1
    Aust 6+9
    Bruug 11+4
    General Crew {Merie and Daen included}

Calli 3+7
    Shrike 3+3

Pre-hyperspace:
    Daen with his Parents:
    Shrike's son holds his head low, embarrassed. "Nope. No time. The fey kept me safe... though the silly fairies were always trying to play with me. Luckily, I was able to see through the tricks."

Klaxon- awesome word
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2010-07-10 at 03:18 AM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Calli Pent 44/44 hp

Calli will tumble out of the way if one of the flying things passes over again, then try to "throw" the energy at one of them as it goes by.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruug, seeing how useless he is being on the deck, goes to find and man the nearest gun or ballista.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Illanee

Illanee heads for the deck, stopping where there's cover as the silver things approach. Flying platforms, like Raven flew in the chaos valley. But faster. She waits for a moment to fire without exposing herself and sends off a volley of arrows.

Spoiler
    Show

She doesn't know there's a shield around the ship.

Atk - (1d20+15)[29]
    Atk - (1d8+4)[9]
    Atk - (1d8+4)[8]
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

12. - Top - End - #252
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Wish I'd kept one of those silvery suites the Illithid had," Aust grumbles in regards to the bombardment - however thankfully it didn't seem like they had boarders yet - then again, that could also mean that enemy simply intended to sink them.

"That's not ours is it?" Aust inquires to the green energy anchor - if he receives a response of no, he will attempt to find a better angle to view the chain & Anchor and see if he can dislodge it - his first attempt will be to use the device that he was shown that could help move debris or even be used as a weapon unless it is currently in use in which case he'll see if he can do it manually or even physically make contact.

Aust would usually not contemplate the idea of 'boarding' another vessel from a boat, however they are no longer passing over water since they're on another plane and therefor he is uncertain if the unseen force that would normally prevent him from crossing water under his own power would have any effect. Either way he was up to making the attempt if they were unable to dislodge the effect.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attempting to follow the effect to its source, also seeing if anything shows up on that end with my life-sense (physical barriers block it like walls/etc normally but illusions/cloaks - etc do not. Though im not entirely sure about force-fields... ) Spot(1d20+22)[23]

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Arha

Arha abruptly stops once she reaches the deck. She turns into her demon form for more protection and looks for a spot to stay out of the way and get some cover from the blasts from the enemy ship.

She will attempt to fire magic missiles at one of them. She points and magical energy darts forth from her fingers towards one of the crafts. She fires all 5 blasts at one enemy. ((don't know if the magic will go through, but we'll try))

Range: 220ft
    (1d4+1)[4]
    (1d4+1)[5]
    (1d4+1)[4]
    (1d4+1)[5]
    (1d4+1)[3]
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike

Shrike manifests her Force Screen, as well as her Skin of the Defender, and stands ready, trying to figure out just what to do...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Unsure on the precise effects of the protective shield surrounding the ship Olrik opts to scan the area for further dangers manifesting his true seeing to help him locate any further attackers.

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Liam looks grim as he gestures before him, tracing a large oval in the air as he chants, "Thos osaes eisali eirdesarol mor thysi!" A shimmering tower shield appears momentarily before fading into invisible force. Well protected* he looks out over the battle, positioning himself in front of Shrike.

Spoiler
    Show
    He already has extended Mage Armor from earlier in the day.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2010-07-11 at 10:02 AM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

17. - Top - End - #257

Illanee

Illanee's keen senses track both the course of her arrows and the open deck. For the moment, her unease seems to have passed.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot - (1d20+18)[36]
    Listen - (1d20+18)[29]
    Hide - (1d20+32)[33]
    Forum Rules

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Default Tractor Beam

The green tractor beam manifests from some point that Aust can see about 500 feet away from the ship. Something likely invisible, but not a 'living' thing.

The rapid silver jets cannot pierce the shields, and even after several fly-bys, will only result in more losses for the Githyanki. Bruug, Illanee, and others manning the specially designed portal-defenses, will blow up more than a few of these mini gith-jets.

Arha's force-magic can be fired away from the ship, and will aid in the destruction of some of the mini-jets. Not much to destroy them, a full blast of five missiles will work.

This will go on for a minute or so, with no casualties for the Zephyr.
    The main problem is the big green dimensional anchor holding the ship in place.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2010-07-16 at 04:35 AM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike

Observing the effects of the battle, Shrike takes a deep breath, then waits for just the right moment to try and catch as many of the attacking Gith as she can at their closest point of approach...then launches an Energy Cone at the approaching 'jets'.

Spoiler
    Show
    Energy Cone (sonic), augmented by one.
    Damage: (6d6-6)[15] to each object inside the cone, Reflex halves.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #260

Illanee

Content that the overhead sorties have stopped, Illanee cautiously inches her way toward the edge of the ship where she can observe the force that's holding them in place. Hmm, that seems like a problem.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-07-16 at 04:04 PM.
    Forum Rules

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

For the time being fighting the Gith seems a moot point. The ship seems more than capable of holding them off and so the main problem is the beam. Olrik carefully tries taking stock of it looking for some weakness, perhaps it could be defeated the same way as the demon with Bruug's sword or through some device of the ship or one of the mages.

Spoiler
    Show

Seeing if I can discern or recollect anything about the tractor beam or simnilar devices and how to shut them down.
    Knowledge Arcana (1d20+14)[16]
    Knowledge Psionics (1d20+19)[30]
    Psicraft (1d20+19)[36]

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Arha

Arha looks around and then follows the others to look for the source of the anchor. In her current form she can see invisible creatures/things. She searches the area for anything that might be the reason for the ship's current immobility. If any of the flying Gith come close, she will sent a lightning bolt after them.

Damage: (10d6)[37]
    Reflex save DC 17 for 1/2 damage
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Calli Pent 44/44 hp

Calli watches.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruug swings his gun around to fire in the direction of the anchor's source, invisible though it may be. Maybe, just maybe, he'll get lucky.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Bugbear in the Playground

'Doubt I could hit anything that fast with my bow,' Aust contemplates about the jets flying by at impressive speeds. 'And I doubt non enchanted arrows would do much good against that stationary targets hull... And it looks like boarding would be a foolish option.' He adds watching the gun turn and begin firing toward the anchors source.

"Bah!" He exclaims in a huff punching at the chain in anger (likely only hitting the ship through the affect-whatever, but he's not really thinking about it since he's angry). "Okay time to calm down..." He grumbles to himself gripping the railing in annoyance.

Unarmed attack(1d20+10)[24]
    Unarmed Dmg(1d6+7)[10]
    Spot(1d20+22)[32] attempting to pick out anything I may have missed on the first scan by actively observing.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Liam gestures toward the invisible source of he anchor and gestures elaborately turning his index fingers toward his eyes as he chants, "Maelyl osaes eisali pololarol mi ailorordoloria!"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Default The Tractor Beam Affect

Shrike's energy bolts are surprisingly effective at destroying the mini-rocket jets. The fuel tanks blow-up and the effect of screaming githyanki is quite gruesome. This is clearly some low-funded gith 'pirate' squad.

Olrik and Illanee figure out some mechanical platform is in place. Illanee using her recent knowledge of the ship and Olrik together will find an illusory harmonic is hiding the invisible 'platform'. The ship can focus its forcebeam, once the 'gith-pirates' flee, and destroy the 'dimensional anchor'. Arha, Liam, or some other powerful impact can destroy the invisible beam-platform once the ship takes out its harmonic-shields. Aust's arrow shots would do nothing to this mechanical contraption.

{Liam's spell won't help against this harmonic invisiblity. }

Once the ship is free of the green beam, Merie fires it into hyperdrive, and the lightshow begins again. Unfortunately, the sea you appear in is farther off than she had wanted. Percy, the bard, reports on the ship's readings state that you are now in the Southern Hemisphere. Farther than originally planned.

The tractor beam warped the ship's plane-shifting, and for now the plane-shift powers will be under repairs. Merie curses the hot air of the tropical seas. "I hate mugginess!"

At top speed it will take three weeks to reach the Accursed Isle.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2010-07-24 at 11:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Calli Pent 44/44 hp

Three weeks!!! Allie can't wait that long.

Calli marches toward Merie. They will have sold her by then. And then what will we do? Just go home?

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

Olrik shakes his head in response to Calli's outrage "What is two weeks compared to the time we have already spent dealing with the admirals and then returning? Besides I am of the impression that Alli is not likely to be sold off so quickly."

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Liam look at the others, "May I ask for some details on this Alli situation?"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald