New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post

Hm. Point. I just tend to think of Shunko as its own unique thing.*Shrugs*
    Well, I think you don't necessarily need skill in Kido to perform Shunko, as shown by the fact that Taiki has it in-game despite only being able to cast the first 5 levels of Kido spells. So it may be it's own thing, but I don't quite see it as a Kido-Hakudo fusion.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #752
    Halfling in the Playground

Looks ok, with the few things pointed out previously. It'd be a better help if you could put her name, rank (?) and division in the stats though.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

3. - Top - End - #753
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Looks ok, with the few things pointed out previously. It'd be a better help if you could put her name, rank (?) and division in the stats though.
    Ok, will do. I was more looking for your opinion on the whole "killing your former captain after retirement".
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ettin in the Playground

Riccaru, Sereg can make his appearance in Episode 2 anytime now.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #755
    Orc in the Playground

Catching back up with everything, Innis your character's movement power is very similar to Sterling's

'Cept of course mine's teleporting and no I dont mind that theres overlap.
    And thank you Darwin for the awesome Sterlingtar.

6. - Top - End - #756

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Riccaru, Sereg can make his appearance in Episode 2 anytime now.
    I'll wait until later today, in case anyone wants to say something before the happiness starts. Should Sereg have some lower leveled hollows with him too?
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-06-07 at 04:03 PM.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ettin in the Playground

If you feel like bringing some, go ahead. No imperative, though.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

Ude is fairly good at Hakudo as well, given his Shikai and Bankai. His style would be heavily based on Zui Quan, like I said earlier. I dunno if we actually have to specify martial Arts techniques.

9. - Top - End - #759

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Ok, will do. I was more looking for your opinion on the whole "killing your former captain after retirement".
    If you're talking about the 2nd Division, then I'm not entirely sure. There are two previous captains I mentioned in my write-up. If you're referring to the lazy one, then yes, Yuuki would've killed him. If you're referring to the one who went to the 0 Squad, then he would have nothing but respect for her. So it depends.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

10. - Top - End - #760

If you're talking about the 2nd Division, then I'm not entirely sure. There are two previous captains I mentioned in my write-up. If you're referring to the lazy one, then yes, Yuuki would've killed him. If you're referring to the one who went to the 0 Squad, then he would have nothing but respect for her. So it depends.
    No no, the way I wrote it was that shortly after retirement the lazy captain was killed by my character by surprise. That way your captains still fit and we don't have to worry about what he does now... Cause he's dead. I didn't mean Yuuki killed him.

EDIT: Guess I wasn't clear on that... sorry. Re-reading it confuses me too.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-06-07 at 04:12 PM.

11. - Top - End - #761

Oh, that makes a lot more sense that way...sorry about that...

Eh, kill the scrounger, I don't really mind. Although if she's from the Onmitsukidō, I'm not sure if Yuuki would give anyone orders to kill the guy...maybe you can PM me and tell me what you had in mind.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

12. - Top - End - #762

Oh, that makes a lot more sense that way...sorry about that...

Eh, kill the scrounger, I don't really mind. Although if she's from the Onmitsukidō, I'm not sure if Yuuki would give anyone orders to kill the guy...maybe you can PM me and tell me what you had in mind.
    She killed him when she went rogue. Still not solid on the reason though. Also don't have when she lost her arm Those are pretty big things though... hmm

13. - Top - End - #763

I could just imagine their meeting being pretty darn funny.

You! You're the current Captain of the 2nd!

You're the one the killed Takeo, right?

Yeah! Are you scared, that you Captains can be killed so easily?

Uh....no, not really. He was just a pathetic lazy ass excuse of a leader.

NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

14. - Top - End - #764
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lorolar View Post
    Catching back up with everything, Innis your character's movement power is very similar to Sterling's

'Cept of course mine's teleporting and no I dont mind that theres overlap.
    Well, thats good. But its only overlap in they move fast without shunpo otherwise, the powers are nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    It's mostly a meta restriction. Two reasons, in my mind.

1.)He doesn't have an easy way to break people's weapons. Because unless this effect is on for a long period of time, it'd snap that weapon no matter what.

2.)It does hold the potential to be abused in the form of "stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself", etc.

Mostly the first item is my concern, but I'm at least cautious about the second item.
    1. Why would it snap a weapon? The movement dosn't hurt the blade.

2. Thats a tactics issue, not an overpowered issue. True, it can be spammed, but then again, a character isn't a sword.

@Innis Cabal's idea, And here is where my lurking around the Min/Max boards comes into play. First off, I think the idea is awesome, but it might be a good idea to define what exactly counts as an object. Technically, an object might be a chunk out of the ground. Therefore, you could theoretically take a gigantic chunk out of the ground the enemy is standing in, place the chunk right above the enemy's head, and let physics do the rest. Also, the way it is worded, it might be possible that you can put the objects inside of people, seriously wrecking their internal organs.

Anyways, food for thought from an armchair min/maxer. Other than that, it's awesome.
    –noun
    1. anything that is visible or tangible and is relatively stable in form.

So, no "Air" being transported. Something in said air, ya. But he has to see the thing thats moving. It could be a chunk of ground yes.

To put an object into someone, he'd have to see inside the person. Thats probably not going.

Quote Originally Posted by Neknoh View Post
    Aye, what would happen to the person in between point A and B?

Or behind whatever he's moving to B?

Let's put it this way.

In front of him stands a rack full of spikes

A bit behind the spikes stand an enemy

He then uses his ability to move the spikes to a place past his enemy, as the spikes are moved back at nearly instant speed, would they not collide with anything in between point A and B? (or possibly anything at point C, i.e. where the transfer is done).

As I've understood it, it basically acts as a dual slingshot, i.e. pulling two rubber bands toward eachother, transfering something between them where they meet and then releasing.

What happens to anything in the way on the stretching or the release?

Nothing happens, the two points are put on the same "Plane", bypassing anything in the way. Meaning, the movement can't cause things to crash into other things, only once they've moved are they back on the same "Plane" as everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Reminds me of Samael's Star Kindler ability. The main difference between them is that Star Kindler takes longer to work, and can affect multiple points of space at once.

Actually, twisting multiple points at once could be the Bankai version. Nothing funnier than creating topological Mobius stripes or Klein bottles.

Also, "creating a wormhole" would be technically more correct term than teleportation.
    That would be more apt yes, but I just couldn't think of the term. Thanks FF
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ok, I'm just getting more confused now.

I was under the impression, originally, that when he activate this ability, for a brief moment, the two places were connected/folded together/etc. After that moment is done, the space is no longer folded. Hence why the character, object, etc. moves that distance.

Unless that connection is kept open continuously, when the connection stops, the weapon would either a.)go back to its original state, or b.)be left int two pieces. Aka broken, snapped, etc.

It's not the movement itself, is the medium, and the termination of the path.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

16. - Top - End - #766

It is near instant, but so is a weapon swing. Think of it like the game Portal. You can stick your arm out and touch yourself. The arm dosn't break, it reverts right back to normal.

The same thing would happen to the sword swing. The "Portal" just closes faster then said game.
    My Current Works

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    It is near instant, but so is a weapon swing. Think of it like the game Portal. You can stick your arm out and touch yourself. The arm dosn't break, it reverts right back to normal.

The same thing would happen to the sword swing. The "Portal" just closes faster then said game.
    Ah. So, if something like a sword is sticking through the "path", and the "path" is closed, the item reverts to normal.

That clears my confusion, thank you.

18. - Top - End - #768

Yep, thats the short and long of it. The "Path" itself can't cause damage. As its not its intended function. It only moves the distance between objects.
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ettin in the Playground

My guess would be that while points of space are folded together, there is no "in between" space. An object is in one or the other, never partially in both. When space returns to normal, it's always wholly in one place.

20. - Top - End - #770

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Well, I think you don't necessarily need skill in Kido to perform Shunko, as shown by the fact that Taiki has it in-game despite only being able to cast the first 5 levels of Kido spells. So it may be it's own thing, but I don't quite see it as a Kido-Hakudo fusion.
    I missed this while answering questions. But its not only implied you have to be good at Kido and Hakuda to use Shunko, but its -required- to master it.

Shunkō (瞬閧, Flash Cry): An advanced technique that combines hand-to-hand combat and Kidō energy to explosively increase a Shinigami's offensive capabilities. A high-pressured Kidō surges throughout the user's body, enhancing their arms and legs for battle. The Kidō itself can also be controlled and fired at opponents from the body. Shunkō first appeared being used by Captain Soifon in her fight against her old master, Yoruichi Shihōin. Soifon states she invented the technique of combining Kidō and Hakuda so recently that she had no experience with it in battle, let alone enough time to give it a name. Yoruichi, however, reveals Shunkō is the technique's name, and that she invented and learned the ability long before Soifon. The keisen uniform has no back or sleeves because the fabric will rip apart when the user's back and arms are filled with Kidō. Though Yoruichi's Shunkō is perfected, unlike Soifon's version, she still has difficulties controlling it.
    You can't suck at Kido and control the energy in use, or you'll blow yourself up. You have to be pretty well a master of the power of each form to use Shunko. Its also exactly the combination of Kido and Hakuda, as said by -both- people who use it. So, it is actually sorta strange Taiki has it, considering he sucks at one part of the whole Shunko technique.

Here's Soi Fon using it. She explicitly states its the use of the Demon Arts (Kido) and melee combat. Not reiatsu, or anything like that. It says Demon Arts specifically.

Yoruichi giving an explaination of how it works. She's a little less clear, but if going by the fact she said the technique has a name, the enegry she's referencing is Kido Energy

An outside comment on the energy. The energy is called a Demon Art.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-06-07 at 06:10 PM.
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah...Shunko is a combination of hakuda and kido. Hence why it's so...well...awesome. And it really is. Especially the stuff you can pull off with it later.

As for Hakuda just being stuff taken from real world martial arts...well that's not a very fun explanation. I know we can make Hakuda just as intriguing and flavorful as all the other aspects of shinigami aspect. I mean...We have 'clones' for flash step, kido is awesome all on it's own, zanjutsu is too (especially depending on the zanpakuto), but hakuda only gets 'it's karate, but with shinigami speed/strength behind it'? Boooooooo.

With how long the Seireitei has been around, I'd be seriously disappointed if they haven't been capable of developing their own martial arts that takes full advantage of their nature. Especially considering how long they've had to do it. Just making a hodge-podge of mortal styles doesn't seem like a good option either. My opinion is let the mortal crew have mortal martial arts, let the shinigami use hakuda techniques.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

22. - Top - End - #772

Leave the hakuda to the shinigami. Especially the ninja ones.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

23. - Top - End - #773

I could just imagine their meeting being pretty darn funny.

You! You're the current Captain of the 2nd!

You're the one the killed Takeo, right?

Yeah! Are you scared, that you Captains can be killed so easily?

Uh....no, not really. He was just a pathetic lazy ass excuse of a leader.

Uhh... So... You don't even care? not even a little? Well, there goes THAT 75 years of waiting to see your face. Nevermind then... So uhh. You know anyone that can fix my arm?

Best. Anticlimactic. Character. Development. Ever.

24. - Top - End - #774

Exactly.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Yeah...Shunko is a combination of hakuda and kido. Hence why it's so...well...awesome. And it really is. Especially the stuff you can pull off with it later.

As for Hakuda just being stuff taken from real world martial arts...well that's not a very fun explanation. I know we can make Hakuda just as intriguing and flavorful as all the other aspects of shinigami aspect. I mean...We have 'clones' for flash step, kido is awesome all on it's own, zanjutsu is too (especially depending on the zanpakuto), but hakuda only gets 'it's karate, but with shinigami speed/strength behind it'? Boooooooo.

With how long the Seireitei has been around, I'd be seriously disappointed if they haven't been capable of developing their own martial arts that takes full advantage of their nature. Especially considering how long they've had to do it. Just making a hodge-podge of mortal styles doesn't seem like a good option either. My opinion is let the mortal crew have mortal martial arts, let the shinigami use hakuda techniques.
    The problem, for me at least, is thinking up something beyond "a super-hard blow" that would be unique for Shinigami, without it crossing over into possible kido or some such territory.

I suppose "dozens of super-quick punches" is something, but that's starting to blur the lines of Hakuda and Hoho.

And as far as styles go, I generally try to keep such things vague, or say "it works like a combination of these arts". That way, people can research and get an idea of what you're doing, with it still having room for creativity.

Because, I'm sorry, but I don't really have the ability to create a martial art fresh from the ground up.

26. - Top - End - #776

And please don't ask me to do it either. Once exams are over, I'll be getting around to writing up the duties of the Onmitsukidō's five units.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Hey! Karate is awesome, even at normal speeds! It's just the names that are dull.

Even an ordinary human can punch through stone. An extraordinary human can conceivably level a building. However, that's not the extent of superhuman strenght. Due to square - cube law, I'd imagine advanced Hakuda would include proper lifting techniques for moving large objects around without breaking them. Obviously, Hakuda body hardening excercises would eventually allow attaining effects similar to Hierro, capitalizing on extraordinary endurance of the Shinigami. There might be locks and throws specifically devised against supernaturally large opponents, like Gillians, and techniques that exploit Shinigami ability to move in three dimensions...

Yes, I was planning to expand on these things with Hannibal. Could you tell?

28. - Top - End - #778
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hakudo....

Well, real-life shinigami reporting in (or, well, got the swordart and a large portion fo the martial art down).

I'll see what I can fiddle with, pen, paper, some diagrams, techniques etc. I'll give it a go, this intrigues me a LOT.

Let's see if I can manage a basic structure for us to build from.
    I'll top the bill, I'll earn the kill, I have to find the will to carry on, with the show, with the show.

(thanks Prime for awesum avatar, and thank you to all of the original BleachItP cast, it was great RP'ing with you)

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello there. *cracks knuckles* I heard you needed some supernatural martial arts techniques.

You could always go with "poke enemy, enemy's head explodes".
    I see you've heard of my training before.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-06-07 at 06:18 PM.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

You could always go with "poke enemy, enemy's head explodes".

EDIT: Ninja'd.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-06-07 at 06:17 PM.