New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) Murder of Crows

The Drunken Light

Spoiler
    Show
    The goliath frowns. "I am being respectful to you now because I can see that you are a leader to the rest of the children. But you continue to push my patience, and I have no tolerance for the games of those who think themselves to have power. You do know where she is, and you will tell me." He told the boy in a low whisper.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

The Drunken Light
    Spoiler
    Show
    "No, I do not know where she is, nor do I care to know. We have nothing to do with the witch. Our life isn't sunshine and flowers, we don't want to add a visit to the lower planes when it's over!"
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Naked Deal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daeric 'Derry' Skaed
    Daeric doesn't know what to make of the bang...
    could be dangerous
    Daeric gestures toward the interior, and a thin dark form (his shadow) separates from his body and slips under the door.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow's hide (1d20+11)[23] (no need for a move silently check on his behalf- he's entirely silent). He'll stick to the dark corners of the shop and simply listen and watch. If he notices something worthy of communicating to his master, he'll return to Daeric.
    Last edited by Chrono22; 2010-06-03 at 05:33 AM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

The Naked Deal
    Spoiler
    Show
    The shadow returns almost immediately, you sense mostly confusion.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

5. - Top - End - #95

The Naked Deal
    Spoiler
    Show
    My shadow can read/write the languages I know- he simply can't speak them. Daeric doesn't have a pen or paper handy, but lacking that the shadow could simply draw the letters in the soil.
    Does Daeric feel a sense of urgency through the empathic link?
    Last edited by Chrono22; 2010-06-03 at 05:38 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Mostly confusion

You want him to write, right now? Considering the situation, I wanted to let you give the command, if you think you have time to spare...

7. - Top - End - #97

Spoiler
    Show
    I have no reason to think otherwise. Yes, I'll have the shadow write it out for Daeric in short hand.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It writes "Smoke"

9. - Top - End - #99

The Naked Deal
    Spoiler
    Show

Daeric uses the disguise self ability granted by soul-binding Naberius to change his appearance: his body shortens, his waste expands, and the proportions of his head, eyes, and nose become larger. In a few moments, an unusually tall gnome in scarlet red robes is standing in the space the sly human previously occupied. His head is mostly bald, with what little hair left being part of a vertical spike in the middle of his cranium. He's wearing a monocle on his left eye. Daeric ceases to hide, and appears in his new disguise next to Emily.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Disguise check (1d20+14)[30]

"Well, apprentice, let us enter. Those alchemical objects I desire shan't purchase themselves."
    Hopefully she'll recognize his voice .

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

The Naked Deal
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is no response, but you hear coughing inside, and then something falls with a thud to the floor.

11. - Top - End - #101

The Naked Deal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daeric 'Derry' Skaed
    Daeric turns the handle on the door and proceeds to enter.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

The Naked Deal
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the door opens, you indeed see the room is full of smoke. Daeric feels something bump into his leg, looking down, finds out it's a small gray jar. You hear a weak buzz, and then someone coughs as the female speaks up "fan out."

From above, again a buzz is heard, stronger than the first, and the smoke quickly disperse. Neva slams a small iron rod to the ground and looks at a man, angrily. "Do it again and I'll kill you!"

Make a K. Local check.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

The Naked Deal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Emily and Nightwing
    Emily followed him, Nightwing perching upon her shoulder, looking around suspiciously.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to go and write which Incantations she has readied as standard so I can't fix it for later.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Banned

The Drunken Light
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aicanique Nárcala
    Aicanique flashes a small, sad smile of her own. "Ah, yes. I'm looking for someone named Caryl - I believe she is a child here?"

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm, it would seem I'm in a very different timezone from everyone else. I went to sleep...
    Last edited by DragoonWraith; 2010-06-03 at 10:52 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

The Naked Deal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neva glances at you before turning to the man. "Go, shoo, I have business! Like I said, I'll send someone to tell you when it's here" and turns to you "Can I help you?"

The man decides to stay and browse through the different items lying in the shop

The Drunken Light
    Spoiler
    Show
    She looks away "Her... I'm sorry, she isn't here anymore. She..." the woman lowers her head.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Banned

The Drunken Light
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aicanique Nárcala
    "She what, ma'am? Please, it is important. Has she... has she died?"
    Last edited by DragoonWraith; 2010-06-03 at 10:52 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

The Drunken Light
    Spoiler
    Show
    "She... Is a heretic now... I failed her..." The woman starts sobbing "She started drawing those weird symbols, but we didn't get it... Then she started speaking with her creepy little teddy.. We wanted to throw it away, we did it... Kept finding it. Never talked to it before... But then she got those odd powers and sometimes had those weird signs... Horns, drooling... We asked the priests, and then we knew... And it was too late!"

18. - Top - End - #108
    Banned

The Drunken Light
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aicanique Nárcala
    Aicanique is taken aback. This was striking closer to home than even she'd thought it would. Fumbling her words a bit, she manages to say, "Which priests? What did they say? And what happened to her?"

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

The Drunken Light
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I.. Don't remember which... From the Silver Flame church... They said she was using wicked rituals to call spirits that have no place in our world, and that she must be stopped... She was gone before they got here..."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Banned

The Drunken Light
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aicanique Nárcala
    Swallowing the bile in her throat, Aicanique looked visibly disturbed. "Did she have any friends among the children, someone she may have confided where she ran off to?" she asks, with a bit of desperation in her voice. She had to find this girl!
    Last edited by DragoonWraith; 2010-06-03 at 11:36 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

The Naked Deal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Emily and Nightwing
    Emily looked to Daeric to speak.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course, she's unlikely to do anything alone... tholugh Nightwing would intervene if something was called for.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

The Drunken Light
    Spoiler
    Show
    The woman stops sobbing for a moment, trying to remember. "She had a friend, but they stopped talking a few months ago, before she started changing. I think it was... Flint? Yeah, him... He should be inside now, but he doesn't talk much."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Banned

The Drunken Light
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aicanique Nárcala
    "Well, please, I must at least try to speak with him. I, for one, find it hard to believe that a child would willingly corrupt herself.

"Ah, hold on a moment, I should let my partner know of this development. One moment please."

Aicanique steps outside and tries to catch Uago's eye, trying to indicate he needs to come over.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Osidi Copperscale, The Docks
    Spoiler
    Show
    Osidi jerks his head to look at the woman. "Who? Natalie? Is it? One of her girls, maybe? Maybe. Should look into it. Should, yes." Osidi digs into his backpack's pockets and pulls out two gold coins and two silver coins which he places in a very neat stack in the beggar's cup, "Thanks for help. But should go, should go."

Osidi makes a clicking sound to get Dog's attention and points to the anxious woman before he jogs off in her direction himself.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

The Docks
    Spoiler
    Show
    Osidi: The woman stumbles, almost falling to the ground, and looks up to see you and Dog run towards her. She stops, looks around in panic, and then, very loudly, speaks "Who are you? I didn't see anything! Don't touch me..." And then, with a whimper, she adds "Please..."

Shageki: You hear some dock workers talk among themselves, and you catch them saying something about Moe.

26. - Top - End - #116

The Naked Deal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daeric 'Derry' Skaed
    Daeric coughs lightly as he enters. "Are you Neva Barley? I heard that you sell all manner of valuable objects. My name is Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III." He looks around the room at the smoke as he speaks (trying to determine the source).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20)[10]

"I'm a collector of quality objects- ever since my parents passed away (Garl's blessing be upon them) I've been the retainer of their fortune. Whenever something piques my interest, I can't help but immerse myself entirely in it." He shakes the money pouch at his waste absentmindedly.
    "Today, the subject of my obsessions is alchemy and clockwork. Such objects are a fancy to any gnome- I must know how they work! As it happens, " he says, as he looks around the room "I am looking for objects that create smoke. Smokesticks were what I had in mind, but if you have something else...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking ten on my bluff & diplomacy checks:
    Bluff (23 result)
    Diplomacy (27 result)

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delay- I typically sleep from the early morning until midafternoon, and work from about 10 PM to 6 AM. So, there are going to be some gaps between my posts. I plan on saying more, and actually purchasing something, but for now I'll fish.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

The Naked Deal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neva raises an eyebrow as you speak your name, and listens to what you say, but before she manages to answer you, the man speaks up.

"Oh! I'm your man! I have found a way to conjure smoke instantly. It looks like magic, but completely mundane, and much faster and easier to start than a little smokestick. Let me show you" he raises his arms but freezes as Neva looks at him "Do it, and that's the last time those hands of yours rise."

He lowers his hands as Neva turns to you "I have smokesticks, also some powders that react as soon as they contact air, in some bags that tear really easily. I could get something more specialized for you, if you make a special order, that is."

A cat lands on the desk in front of Neva, apperantly from a large rotating blade thingie (a modern fan) on the ceiling. It starts playing with the little rod in front of Neva, the one she slammed earlier, and it opens up to reveal another mini fan that instantly turns on and starts chipping at the wooden table, which Neva quickly turns off.

You should still make a K. Local check.

28. - Top - End - #118

The Naked Deal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge Local (1d20+3)[13]

Spoiler
    Show
    Daeric 'Derry' Skaed
    Utterly fascinated by the tiny device, he walks up to it and pokes his large gnomish nose down at it. "Amazing, simply amazing. Clockwork and alchemy? Extraordinary. How does it work? How much are you asking for it?"
    Last edited by Chrono22; 2010-06-03 at 04:04 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

The Naked Deal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neva palms the rod and shoves it into her pocket quickly "This one is not for sale, I can ask one to be made for you, but it will be costly. This one was made out of curiosity, now that it's settled..."

You don't recognize the man from looks alone.

30. - Top - End - #120

The Naked Deal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daeric 'Derry' Skaed
    Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III looks downcast as she says this.
    "A pity. Well, let's see what else is available..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm looking to acquire a scale, two smokesticks, 4 tinder twigs, a wind-up pocket watch, tools for taking apart the watch (thieves' tools), and a magnifying glass to examine the watch.
    What does the man look like? If she leaves the room to collect the goods, I'll move toward the man to converse with him. If she stays in the room to acquire the desired objects from the shelves, I'll try petting her cat.
    While the others' attention is hopefully diverted, I'll have my shadow slip underneath the desk and search it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Search (1d20+8)[16]