New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Sneak attack feats?

Are there any feats that let you either sneak attack things that can't normally be sneak attacked or make things sneak-attackable in situations that they aren't normally? I'm pretty sure someone mentioned a feat to sneak attack undead at one point but I can't find it.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Sneak attack feats?

There's an alternate class feature in Dungeonscape that replaces something (Trap Sense, I think) for the ability to do half sneak attack damage to immune enemies as long as you're flanking them.

I think there's another one in Complete Champion that lets you sneak attack undead.

There are also various low level spells that allow you to sneak attack undead, constructs, plants, etc. You can get them on wands and use UMD.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JaronK
    Why on earth would there be superstition in a world where you can just ask the gods stuff? "Hey, I hear throwing salt over your shoulder prevents bad luck." "Oh yeah? I'll ask the god of luck, brb."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr
    Hey, it could be worse. It could be monks. One day, someone will start a thread titled "4E monks, more morally justified than 3.5 wizards!", and the world will end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaq
    Now, of course, what is a ninja? (A miserable little pile of shuriken!)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

There are spells, crystals and weaponenhancements for that.
    You are probably better off getting feats that give you more damage or let you reroll your 1's.
    "Quick Draw. It grants the ability to turn any boring non-combat scenario into combat as a FREE ACTION."-Deleted User

Handy links:

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Escheton View Post
    There are spells, crystals and weaponenhancements for that.
    You are probably better off getting feats that give you more damage or let you reroll your 1's.
    That would work too, I just need a way to sneak attack things I can't normally sneak attack.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Greater crystals of True Death/Destruction (or maybe named differently, MIC)

Lets you sneak attack them (undead/construct) normally. Needs a +3 weapon though (Go get a GMW cast on it)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Proudly without a signature for 5 years. Wait... crap.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lsfreak View Post
    thankyouthankyouthankyou *bookmarks*

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gametime View Post
    There's an alternate class feature in Dungeonscape that replaces something (Trap Sense, I think) for the ability to do half sneak attack damage to immune enemies as long as you're flanking them.

I think there's another one in Complete Champion that lets you sneak attack undead.

There are also various low level spells that allow you to sneak attack undead, constructs, plants, etc. You can get them on wands and use UMD.
    I can't seem to find the spells, would someone happen to have a link?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    I can't seem to find the spells, would someone happen to have a link?
    They're all in SPC. Grave Strike, Golem Strike, and Vine Strike. They're swift-action, one-round spells, but can my UMD's (and by Rules Compendium, assimilate the casting time of whatever spells they cast, instead of always being a standard action as stated in the SRD, etc)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lsfreak View Post
    They're all in SPC. Grave Strike, Golem Strike, and Vine Strike. They're swift-action, one-round spells, but can my UMD's (and by Rules Compendium, assimilate the casting time of whatever spells they cast, instead of always being a standard action as stated in the SRD, etc)
    SPC?

(filler text to lengthen message)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spell Compendium.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    SPC?

(filler text to lengthen message)
    Sorry, Spell Compendium. It looks like they're also in Complete Adventurer.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Spell Compendium.

Also, if you haven't heard of it yet, Dungeonscape includes rules for a wand chamber, a +100gp add-on to your melee weapon that lets you store a wand inside it. When you hold a weapon with a loaded wand chamber, you count as holding both the weapon and the wand. This is handy for the "x-strike" series of spells, since you may not have a free hand for the wand if you're using TWF.
    Subclasses for 5E: magus of blades, shadowcraft assassin, spellthief, void disciple
    Guides for 5E: Practical fiend-binding

D&D Remix for 3.x: balanced base classes and feats, all in the authentic flavor of the originals. Most popular: monk and fighter.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

For 16,000 you can buy both a Greater True Death Crystal (lets you SA undead, and you do an extra d6 against them and your weapon counts as Ghost Touch) and a Greater Demolition Crystal (you deal an extra d6 against constructs, and your weapons count as adamant against them, and you can SA them).
    Steam: Foolish Chaos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freaking awesome TF2 banner by: Pyro

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Myatar_Panwar View Post
    For 16,000 you can buy both a Greater True Death Crystal (lets you SA undead, and you do an extra d6 against them and your weapon counts as Ghost Touch) and a Greater Demolition Crystal (you deal an extra d6 against constructs, and your weapons count as adamant against them, and you can SA them).
    Ummmm...this is level 3? 16,000=forget about it.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

At lvl 3 you are better off aiding the barb if you have one unless you are a spellthief.
    "Quick Draw. It grants the ability to turn any boring non-combat scenario into combat as a FREE ACTION."-Deleted User

Handy links:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Escheton View Post
    At lvl 3 you are better off aiding the barb if you have one unless you are a spellthief.
    No clue what we'll have, but I doubt it. Our parties tend to be caster-heavy, we might get one fighter. I'm actually planning a Fighter 2/Rogue 1 to start off. Odds are I will be the meatshield.
    Last edited by WarKitty; 2010-06-07 at 02:51 PM.