Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mad Science! WW

1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Mad Science! WW

Mad Science! WW

Testers Wanted!
    FOR SCIENCE!

Hawat Science has for many years been performing sterling work in various fields of scientific research on behalf of various reputable companies – Veidt, Rossum, Aperture, Weyland-Yutani, etc. For a few current research projects we need volunteers for testing. Naturally a considerable level of remuneration for your time will be provided once the testing is complete, and we guarantee no significant harm will come to any test subject...

And so on. There are more details of the amount you’ll be paid (A lot), legal requirements like you not being allowed to tell anyone about the testing, blah blah blah, disclaimers, technical legal definitions... all very boring stuff which you just skip over. I mean, these are clearly trustworthy people. It’s not like they’re a bunch of mad scientists in a dingy lair somewhere, who’ll lock you up, perform experiments on you messing with your genes and your brain, then erase your memories and stick you with the other test subjects and force you all to kill each other in the name of science (Sorry, SCIENCE!), or anything like that... Right?

Game starts here.

Player List
    Spoiler
    Show
    7/30 still alive:

Aemoh
    Calamity
    cd4
    Fleeing Coward
    Lex-kat
    MOD
    Teron

The ones who are dead:

{table=head]Name|Role|Died
    billtodamax|Naive Test Subject|Lynched Day 1
    Istari|Naive Test Subject|Killed Night 1
    Murska|Organ Harvester|Lynched Day 2
    Pahvimato|Bodyguard|Auto-lynched Day 2
    The Bushranger|Psychic|Killed Night 2
    Kroy|Naive Test Subject|Killed Night 2
    Azure Butterfly|Saboteur|Lynched Day 3
    PirateMonk|Hypersense|Killed Night 3
    lostlittlebear|Minion|Lynched Day 4
    Castaras|Mechanic/Organ Harvester|Killed Night 4
    Lamech|Figment|Lynched Day 5
    Saint Nil|Tech-Sensitive|Killed Night 5
    Strategos|Naive Test Subject|Killed Night 5
    DarkLightDragon|Administrator|Lynched Day 6
    Random_person|Minion|Auto-lynched Day 6
    Heroic|Schizophrenic|Auto-lynched Day 6
    Reinholdt|Naive Test Subject/Psychic|Killed Night 6
    banjo1985|Minion|Beast-killed Night 6
    smuchmuch|Assassin|Lynched Day 7
    Kyouhen|Naive Test Subject|Auto-lynched Day 7
    ozgun92|Naive Test Subject/Assassin|Killed Night 7
    The Cyberwolf|Toughened|Killed Night 7
    Mustiado|Governing AI/Tech-Sensitive|Killed Night 7[/table]

Rules
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basic rules of WW may be found here.
    Votes must be in red text. Vote changes must be indicated by striking through the previous vote.
    Day phases will be roughly 48 hours, night phases roughly 24.
    Helgraf's scry interference rule is not being used in this game.
    The 25% rule does not apply in this game.

Roles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Naive Test Subjects
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah. You should maybe have read the fine print before signing up for the experiments...
    You (With the exception of the Saboteur) win if you eliminate the Science! Team. The Saboteur's win condition is stated in the role description.

Mutated Test Subjects
    The experiments which apparently took place have mutated some of your genes, with varying effects:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Psychic: Following the experiments (Which you can’t remember), you find you can hear the thoughts of others, though your control over this ability is limited. Each night, you can read someone’s mind and find out their role.

Toughened: The experiments seem to have left you with an unusually thick skin. As a result, you are harder to kill than most. You ignore the first 3 points against you and have a 10% chance of surviving a night kill.

Hypersense: Initially you noticed no difference, until you realised your ordinary senses had been much enhanced. Each night, you can take advantage of this to observe another player and see either who they target with a night action or what other night actions target them.

Nullifier: You have been left enough memories to know that your ability is to nullify the mutations of others. Each night, you can either prevent another player using their night action (If it is the result of a mutation) or shield someone against all night actions granted by mutations.

Imprinted Test Subjects
    Using technology developed by the Rossum Corporation, your minds have been altered - imprinted with additional skills and personality traits.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mechanic: You have been imprinted with prodigious skill with mechanisms and devices. You can repair items which are broken or sabotaged, and use them more frequently than usual.

Saboteur: Your imprinted personality is that of a saboteur. You can use this talent to sabotage items (With varying effects), though the mechanic can repair them.
    You win if you succeed in killing the Mechanic and the Governing AI, and if 2 items are broken/sabotaged at the end of the game. (Number not decided yet)

Assassin: Imprinted with a ruthless personality and incredible fighting skills, your only goal is to eliminate your targets. But you haven’t actually been given any specific targets, so... just kill the bad guys. Every 2 nights you may perform a night kill.

Bodyguard: You have been given a bodyguard imprint. Each night you may protect another player against night kill.

Science! Team
    Spoiler
    Show
    Administrator: A mad social scientist, this final stage of testing was your idea, and you have to oversee it yourself. Each night, you may consult the records to find what particular abilities were given to a certain test subject (Their role).

Governing AI: The artificial intelligence running the test. Still a bit mad, although the scientists have managed to engineer out the inexplicable cake obsession which previous models suffered from. Each night you may observe a player and see what items they have in their possession.

Minions: The administrator’s minions, you are here to assist him.

The Science! Team have a night kill each night. They all know each other.

Additional roles may exist. Some of the listed roles may not be used, depending on numbers (But I’m not going to pull a Fun House on you guys).

Items
    Spoiler
    Show
    Various devices and contraptions have been left lying around. You may only use one item per night, unless you have the mechanic imprint.
    Each day I will post a list of items which you may specifically search for, which will give you a greater chance of finding that item (Unless someone already has it). Your searching should be posted in blue.
    There will be a chance of losing most items each night, so use them while you have them.

Flaggellighaerotube Activation Switch: No-one really knows what the flaggelighaerotube is supposed to do. Best guess, it’s supposed to do everything. Each night you will be given a randomised ability (Taken from a selection including some abilities which are not available by any other means).

Spidermech Remote Control: The initial design spidermech has a few problems, but is still handily versatile. Each night you may choose from three available abilities:
    Guard – Should you be night killed, one responsible player will die with you. This will destroy the spidermech.
    Search – The spidermech will search for items for you.
    Hijack – The spidermech will hijack someone else’s night action, either allowing you to redirect it, or providing you with the beneficial result in addition to or instead of the person who would otherwise have received it.

Aperture Science Hand-held Portal Device: Do not touch the operational end of the device. Do not submerge the device in water, even partially. By placing portals by two players, you can quickly swap them at a crucial moment. Each night, select two players. All points at one will be redirected to the other (In both directions). The targets for this are chosen the night before it takes effect.

Zero-Point Energy Field Manipulator: More commonly referred to as the ‘gravity gun’. Each night, choose a player. You use the gravity gun to take an item from them (If they have any).

Mutant injection: This may be used to give yourself an additional mutation, though this will temporarily incapacitate you, preventing you from acting for the next day and night phase.

Zydrate Vial: Zydrate comes in a little glass vial... Use of zydrate allows you to use the mutant injection without being temporarily incapacitated.

Wonderflonium Case: Do not bounce. Possession of this interesting substance allows you to augment your other abilities and items (Effects are different for each ability/item).

Phlebotinum in Jar C: This substance has a strange way of providing you with just what you want. The player with the phlebotinum in jar C gets a one time use of any ability in the game they choose.

Mind-Control Ray: This experimental device allows someone to temporarily control the actions of another. Once a day, the holder of this item may redirect someone else’s point to another target.

Imprint Wedge: This may be used to give yourself an additional imprint, though this will temporarily incapacitate you, preventing you from acting for the next day and night phase.

Imprinter: Use of the imprinter allows you to use the imprint wedge without being temporarily incapacitated.

Disruptor: Disrupts imprints. At night, target a player with this device and choose to either deprive them of their imprint granted abilities or shield them against other imprint granted abilities.

Some items are only prototypes or early designs with some of the technical issues not fully worked out yet. As such, they may, from time to time, fail or break. An items which has broken of its own accord or been broken by the saboteur may sometimes still be usable, but this may be somewhat more hazardous than using it when it was intact.

The narrator reserves the right to change these rules as he sees fit, for balance, or just because he feels the game isn't confusing enough.
    If you have any questions about the rules, feel free to ask. Some of them may be answered.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2010-07-14 at 03:41 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Mad Science! WW - Recruiting

Sounds fun, I'm in.

One question though, how do items get passed around from player to player, or do they not pass around at all?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    Sounds fun, I'm in.

One question though, how do items get passed around from player to player, or do they not pass around at all?
    This. Precisely, including the question, the sound (fun), and the 'in' part.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

I'm in aswell.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

YEAAAHAHAHAHA!

In.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm in.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll join!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

In, with a fox.
    EDIT: OH MY GOD you made a Portal reference!
    EDIT 2: OH MY GOD you mad emultiple Portal and Half Life references! :D
    Last edited by The Cyberwolf; 2010-06-03 at 03:42 PM.

Generation 5
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your own signature and add one to the number. This is a social experiment.
    Degeneration 91
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.

9. - Top - End - #9

In. And if any of the test subjects survive, someone must post a link to "Still Alive"
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    There is no mind control, citizen. Please go back to your fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Corm View Post
    Kroy speaks the truth.
    Avatar courtesy of Shades of Grey.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    They will get passed around. Obviously items are dropped when people die. Other than that... there might be a chance of losing the item each time you use it... or just a chance of losing it anyway (To encourage people to use their items while they have them)...
    I'll tell you when I've made up my mind. (I'm kind of still writing the rules...)

@Cyberwolf: I'm making references all over the shop. To everything which comes to mind and fits.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2010-06-03 at 06:45 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm out of games.

This sounds fun.

Count me in.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Totally in

Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

Formerly known as Hero 1.0

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

You know, you had me at Rossum Corporation, then I scroll down to items and see Zydrate... yeah, very much IN

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

14. - Top - End - #14

Count me in.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

And the little glass vial goes into the gun like a battery...

In.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2010-06-03 at 10:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

IN on this one!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun- *BANG BANG BANG*

Generation 5
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your own signature and add one to the number. This is a social experiment.
    Degeneration 91
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

*makes dramatic reappearance into WW games*

In.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

19. - Top - End - #19

OldWizardGuy

Sounds like fun, I'll join.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Test me.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    And the little glass vial goes into the gun like a battery...

In.
    And the Zydrate gun goes someplace against your anatomy...

It's the best song.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

I agree, these scientists look very trustworthy, and so I would like to sign that paper... I'm in!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstipidfighte View Post
    Pahvi, if this is serious, you are a god among men.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Surprise! I'll sign up for this one. Looks good.

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

I'm alway up for somme SCIENCE !
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

25. - Top - End - #25

In, if only for the Repo reference!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

In! Yay finally new WW games are up!

WW Games I have won:
    Spoiler
    Show

Day of the Dead 2 - Doctor
    Monster Mash III - Zombie Alpha

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Avatar courtesy of the wonderful Strawberries

27. - Top - End - #27

I think this is a test in which I would like to participate.

Just one question.

Will there be cake?
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

28. - Top - End - #28

Looks fun (in).
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

In with a preemptive away notice till the tenth of this month.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

I could use some SCIENCE! in my daily diet. In.