1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Nexus Character Directory

Deadtimed
    Pavati

Alias: N/A

Race/Species: Selkie

Profession: N/A

Description: She's fairly small and plump. Her skin is a grey-brown with a scattering of light spots down her back and the backs of her arms. Atop her head is a mop of dark brown hair that hangs down a bit past her shoulders. Curiously, she doesn't appear to have legs. Instead of legs, her lower body widens a bit and has the tail flippers of a sea lion.

Pavati has quite large eyes for her face, and the whites are only visible in the very corners. Sticking out to either side from her eyebrows are three long and ridged hairs and several smaller similar ones; Sort of like whiskers. Her lips are somewhat thin and her nose is small and round. Her fingers are webbed and tipped with claws. Her only clothing consists of a few modern style tops.

Spoiler
    Show

Personality: Pavati is a very friendly individual. She's bubbly and perhaps a bit ditsy. It's hard to keep her spirit down, even at the worst of times; She's an eternal optimist. Crude advances from men are bound to leave her mildly angry, while on the other hand, a charmer is sure to catch her interest.

Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Equipped:
    • Some special gloves to protect her hands while she's pulling herself around on land.

Inventory: Small bag
    • A small ivory horn, with a thin gold band wrapped around halfway along it. When blown it summons Ithuriel to her side.

Stash:

Abilities: Pavati possesses no noteworthy abilities.

Backstory: Pavati comes from a small tribe of selkies that live in an ocean in the Nexus. She took an interest the land beyond the beaches one day when observing a group of "land people". After some time she decided to act on her curiosity and travel inland to explore. It was perfect timing, as she was starting to get fed up with the frequent and crude advances she'd been receiving do to it being mating season.

Miscellaneous: N/A
    Last edited by Gulaghar; 2013-06-22 at 10:45 AM.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Orc in the Playground

Emmi

Real Name and Aliases: Emily Dickinson Aramil; Beautiful M.E.

Race: Urban Elf

Profession: Artist

Description: A sixteen year old girl with curly brown hair. She has elf-like ears but how elf factors into her heritage is currently undecided. She mostly wears rainbow and tie-dye colored shirts. She's also always in reach of her headphones and her bright red roller skates.

Personality: Friendly as they come, Emmi takes the most pleasure in bringing her special definition of beauty to the world, this mostly involves using grafitti to brighten up otherwise drab or depressing streets. She loves bright colors, fast music, and roller skating, all three luckily come together in her chosen "career path" as a graffiti artist. She's a hippie at heart, inspired by her mother's activism. She's an environmentalist, a pacifist, and a vegetarian. She's considered veganism, but has no intent on giving up ice cream, so screw that.

Equipment: -Her rollerskates, which make her quicker than most on foot. She's as agile as a dancer in them, probably more than her own two feet.
    -A duck call whistle she uses to signal her friends. All members of The Guild have one.
    -A paint gun which can change colors mid spray.

Backstory: She was raised by a single mother with her two elder brothers. That's all I have for now.

BONUS CONTENT: The Guild

The Guild is an underground club of graffiti artists, originally focused on covering up gang symbols in the city of Inside. Eventually the club became rather famous among the local club and music community and were sought out for concert advertisements and events. It almost became a sort of weird prestige to have them do a piece for you. In addition to supporting local bands, younger members constantly asked for extra tags to get better at art. With the weekly painting jobs, the Guild became an art club all it's own. They often work at night and masked, spending a night on a piece and dispersing just before dawn. They have a series of safe houses magically hidden all over inside and are very organized, having several get away plans. It's members include:

General Surgeon: Sometimes called "The Doc." He's a professor of engineering by day and the eldest member of the Guild by night. He built everyone's paint guns, which can change the color of the paint, even mid-spray.

Freakin A!: The group's foul mouthed member, who doesn't really understand that they try to do things stealthily. In the club almost more for the stickin' it to the man than the art. He loves loud music and "Fightin' the powers that be."

Shady Springs: The huge yet silent guy. He built like a tank, and how his skates support his weight is astounding. Only Doc knows anything about him. He's a good artist and a loyal guild member, so no one complains.

Speakeasy: Second oldest but second newest. He's new at graffiti art but he's actually in the advertising industry and an expert calligrapher.

All-Hallows Eve: Obsessed with anime and manga, the distinct, blue haired, and excessively bubbly otaku has every frame of manga she's ever read memorized. As the only member who knows magic, she casts the enchantments that hide the safe houses and spells that keep the paintings from fading or being painted over for weeks. Ships A!xSprings.

Impractical Joker: The youngest member, fourteen year old Joker is the resident "little perv." The other members are hoping he'll grow out of it.

Beautiful M.E.: Emmi. Her profile is up at the top. What more do you want?

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #723
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gaalys Merrin

Aliases: A man has many names.

Race: Human

Alignment: Neutral

Profession: Assassin

Description: Gaalys is a man of short and slender build, and is very agile. Currently, he has a narrow face with long white-yellow hair tied back with a leather band. His eyes are green, and his nose is prominent and hooked. Half of his left ear has been cut off.

Personality: Gaalys is a very friendly man, quick to smile and forgive. He enjoys buying drinks for anyone he deems fit, which helps win him over to his targets. He rarely drinks, though, to keep his head clear. While he doesn't know many jokes, he laughs easily and always will take up a song.

Equipment: Gaalys' best weapons are his wits and special abilities. However, he carries a long slender saber and a simple, easily concealed dagger.

Abilities: Face Changing- As one of the Faceless Men of Braavos, Gaalys can change his face with just the pass of his hand. This is very useful when he is avoiding detection while on a job. Any face and name he has is temporary.

Agility- Growing up in the narrow canals and alleys of Braavos, Gaalys has developed impeccable footing in the most unsure situations.
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

4. - Top - End - #724
    Barbarian in the Playground

Huevo Portero

Race: Created being. maker was lazy when it came to names

Description: Long white hair, blank dull red eyes, red jacket with white tie and white pants and two gold bracelets to round it out the sort of odd colors. A little bit short.

Personality: Huevo seems to be dispassionate about things in general. Seems to be fairly formal in interactions to others.

Power Rating: C-

Huevo isn't focused on conflict and is more likely then to teleport out than fight anything.
    However Huevo can make deals and bargains that have far greater affect then any power that he can use himself.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Orc in the Playground

Name: Vesa Landers (formerly known as "Black Irukandji")
    Race: Human Revenant
    Appearance: Vesa is a fairly attractive girl, slender and rather pale, with silvery hair reaching to her shoulderblades. Her eyes are the dull greenish-grey of a stormy sea, and her frame is somewhat lanky. She has a small cableport at the back of her neck, which is usually covered by a plug (and her hair).
    She almost always is wearing her armorsuit, as described below, but on occasion can be found out of it---in this case, she can be found in average clothing like dull jeans and long-sleeved tops, generally in shades of grey.

Enhancements/Armorsuit: Vesa wears a dark grey bodysuit with boots and gloves. Over that, she wears a kama (halfskirt/buttcape/etc) that reaches below the knee. This hides a small hover unit that allows her to glide a meter or two off the ground (actual flight is not supported by it). On her head is a sort of inverted bowl-like structure referred to as a "bell" (i.e. part of cnidarian anatomy) around 2 feet in diameter and 6 inches at its deepest, such that much of her head is hidden within it; on the front, back, and each side is a camera eye. In each section between the eyes, there are 3 Sensacles (explained below) making a total of 12.
    Spoiler: Sensacles
    Show
    Sensacles are tentacle-like projections somewhat thinner than a skinny person's forearm. Their standard length is about 10 feet, and their max is around 20. Each ends in a video/audio sensor and a three-fingered claw; these can be used for direct attack, recon, or manipulating objects.
    Since video-audio input from a total of 16 eyes and ears is generally too much for one brain at one time, the system contains brain-linked processors that monitor the excess input and regulate which ones are being actively viewed by Vesa herself. This changes when C-Protocol is activated.

Spoiler: C-Protocol
    Show
    C-Protocol: During this function, Vesa's suit's subprocessors connect directly to her brain, effectively allowing her to actively focus on all 16 total sets of video-audio input from her sensors, thus making her temporarily able to deal with issues literally on all sides.
    The drawback to this is that after C-Protocol deactivates, Vesa undergoes psychological and emotional disturbances.

Equipment: One normal pistol with magazines and a suppressor. One dart pistol with tranquilizer ammo. Her bodily enhancements give her very good aim.
    She also carries a combat knife, and can be outfitted with small explosive charges to be set by her Sensacles---that was, after all, part of her role as a member of Tempest as Black Irukandji.

Personality: Vesa retains some parts of her living personality; she is rather cold and withdrawn, quiet and occasionally allowing herself brief moments of wryness. She is disturbed by being in a large crowd, and prefers when her duties keep her away from lots of people.
    Vesa has very little in the way of "mercy"; if her orders are to go deal with that guy over there, she really isn't interested in how he's got 4 kids and he's working 3 jobs. She's interested in whether she's supposed to kill him or not.
    She has some warmth left in her, but the only ones able to drag it out are people from her past as a member of Tempest, namely Red Wolf/Alia and Green Chameleon/Chloe, though the latter has not been seen for a very long time.

Backstory: Most of Vesa's backstory is unknown, but it is clear that she signed on to be a Revenant at some point, died, and was converted into the cybernetically-enhanced postmortem being she currently is. She was transferred to the Clinic to help with security and observation there.
    Last edited by Beans; 2013-10-11 at 01:48 PM.

Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

Devour (Alt/What-If, COMPLETED)
    Nycca Eat Nothing (Canon, DISCONTINUED)

Spoiler: Standard reactions to Beans.
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...What?
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsar View Post
    A snake butt.
    That made my day.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGuy

Nalhriir Zaer'adinzyr Ate'torund Seneschal of Horror, Keeper of the Savage Orb

Alias: He tends to go by Nal, or more formally as Nalhriir. In his personal writings, he refers to himself by titles that either no longer have any meaning, or else cannot be traced to any reliable source.

Race/Species: He most resembles a Fey'ri, though what his right race is none know the dark of it.

Age: 300 by his counting but it varies (see description/elementary backstory)

Alignment: True Neutral, though in an apathetic way, not a balancey-druidy way.

Class/Profession: Planewalker and spellslinger-for-hire

Power Rating: 5/C(B??)

Description: A tall figure, hooded and cloaked with large, bat-like wings that appear slightly translucent, as if they were composed of matter that is not quite solid. A long, sinewy, prehensile tail, which also appears slightly "out", snakes out from underneath his cloak and coils behind it. The features one can make out underneath the cowl appear elven, although the fierce red eyes that shine back out would make one re-consider that evaluation. If one ever sees him with his hood down, the elven-seeming appearance is re-affirmed, although now one can see that the shadowy translucence of the wings and tail extend to the rest of his body, and sometimes it looks as if one could put one's hand right through him. The most solid-seeming part of his face are his eyes, which burn fire-red. One of the more telling aspects of his appearance is that there is no discernible indication of gender. It is only his use of masculine pronouns that makes cutters assume he is a male.

Personality: Despite a somewhat foreboding appearance and pessimistically cynical exterior, Nalhriir is actually relatively pleasant. He thrives on information and loves to talk, especially when it concerns philosophy. Where he comes from, belief (or lack thereof) shapes whole worlds, and he encourages thought, particularly when it agrees with his own. He does seem to possess two separately voiced minds, though; one of which speaks lightly and pleasantly, and one which is darker and more formal. The first seems and sounds perfectly normal. The second, however, sounds distant and echoed, as if what one hears coming from his mouth is actually originally coming

Equipment: If one were to strip-search Nalhriir, one would find no possessions on him save the clothes he was wearing and a flask of some obscure liquor. He patently does have equipment and objects, as he has been seen with spellbooks, wands, staves, armour, and other such objects, though no trace has ever been found of them when he is not directly using them.

Backstory: [transcribed from a stolen page from the journal of the Planewalker known as Nalhriir.] I am called the Seneschal of Horror, the Sage of the Savage Orb. It has been several centuries since I was reborn into this world. I can no longer remember my true name, only the names that were given me upon awakening. I remember...nothing of the time before my rebirth. At times I can see the edges of a vision swirl around the pools in my home. In them, a mortal, whose shape I seem to see resemble my own, stands in an infinite plane of Nothingness. He looks out and his mind cannot bear the weight. Then something comes, something dark and powerful, that seems to fill the empty expanse with something that is still Nothing. The mortal seems to talk to the thing, but then the pools eddy and the vision slips away.

It seems to me that I was reborn for a purpose, but that purpose evades my sight. The thirty decades that I have seen pass in this life have revealed naught but still I wander far from my home, because that was one of the names given to me upon my awakening. That which guides me is Nothing and I begin to suspect...
    [transcription breaks off as the page dissolved into wisps of insubstantial matter before the scriber could finish.]

Miscellaneous: The two voice colours are for indicating which side of Nalhriir is consciously active at the time. For those rare times when both sides are active, the darker voice will be spoilered, as it is generally more internal and introspective, and really only there if the people around him happen to be telepathic.

7. - Top - End - #727

[/COLOR]
    Asta of Rising Earth

Alias:
    Race/Species: Wild Elf
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral.
    Class/Profession: Circus acrobat, occasional slayer of thieves
    Power Rating: C- or so
    Description: Like this with less blue
    Personality: She's incredibly stringent about honor and the repayment of debts, and especially dislikes "criminal" types. Also if you try to steal from her or someone she cares about, she'll cut off your hand. This should sum things up.
    Equipment: She doesn't carry much expensive loot, though a talisman that she keeps insanely close and hidden with her holds incredible magical power, and would be worth a fortune to any spellcasters that could perform the rituals required to unlock its power. For her, however, it's just an heirloom that took a great deal of effort to get back.
    Abilities: Insane physical talents, especially when it comes to agility/reflexes.
    Backstory: Asta was once a wild elf living among a family of them out in the woods, far away from the city. It was here she learned the first of her roguish talents, climbing up to and sneaking up on smaller animals. However, eventually the city came closer to her, and this was where the problems started. Very few in her old community would dare take the talisman that represented her family heritage from her father, its current owner at the time. Few in the encroaching city even knew it was there. B

But some way, somehow, the city's Thieves Guild had gotten wind of it. And they wanted that sale. So they tried buying it, but none in the family would sell it. They tried threats, but none in the family would let them be a concern.

So then they carried them out. The beatings, the harassment, the death...it all became too much for Asta eventually, especially when the thieves finally took the heirloom. She swore their deaths, and her wandering days began...

...though her first attempts at vengeance were clumsy at best. She would've died if it weren't for a Tiefling Bard named Hirel, who agreed to help her with her honor-fulfilling, though she'd have to do things his way. It was then her days as a circus acrobat began, and this is what led her to Nexus.

Miscellaneous: She speaks in an accent. Weirdly spelled and punctuated words might not be errors. [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by AgentofHellfire; 2012-07-23 at 06:29 PM.
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds;

8. - Top - End - #728

Hirel Alevan

Alias: The Ringmaster.
    Race/Species: Tiefling
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Class/Profession: Traveling performer, ex-recruiter/liason for thieves' guild, bard
    Power Rating: C
    Description: This, but less red and wearing a top hat.
    Personality: He's an incredibly savvy and smart fellow, but he's compassionate to a fault, particularly towards outcasts.
    Equipment: Some enchanted circus props and items of stone shape, telekinesis...he can get you hooked up pretty quickly, really.
    Abilities: Supernaturally effective orator, knows some magic.
    Backstory: Hirel was born an orphan in the city, and he--growing up among those who were more influenced by his natural charisma than the fears of the surrounding populace, didn't endure much persecution for his race. He did, however, endure plenty of persecution when he decided to question some of the orphans' traditions, of beating up newcomers, those they disliked, and so forth. Nevertheless, he brought a great deal of the orphans to his understanding, and these attributes both managed to impress a bard working for a local thieves' guild, operating, at the time, sort of like a "Liberation Front" that "stuck it to the man" only.

While this wasn't how things really were, Hirel believed it at first, so when the bard took him in and trained him, Hirel was pretty loyal. It was when Hirel learned the true nature of the facade that he struck off on his own...
    Miscellaneous: Anything else that you wanna put down.[/QUOTE]
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds;

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

Faction Entry

Charlie's Family

The charismatic sitar player known as Charlie formed a cult of personality in the city of Inside. His teachings were rather incoherent, but were loosely based around human supremacy over other species.

After his death, Charlie's followers continued to believe he was still alive and guiding them. A new leader named Brian took over, but all things spiritual are referred to as coming from Charlie. He has also clarified the message somewhat. He considers it as the responsibility of humans to guide the lesser races, as well as to prevent mixing of species.

Anyone keeping up with current events may have heard of the cult or seen the video of Charlie's last speech and death. Anyone who wants to play a cult member is welcome to do so. If they are genuine human supremacists, membership can be handwaved. If they are trying to infiltrate, then gaining the trust of the members will need to be roleplayed.

They can be encountered at The Sitar's Strings, an exclusive restaurant that has an all human staff, and only serves humans. They have a secret Research Institute for Humanist Studies, but it's, you know, secret. And mostly working offscreen due to the lack of PC scientists.

If Charlie's philosophy, insanity, and the rabid devotion of his followers seem familiar, it's because he's based on a real life Charlie, and a rather famous one at that.

Notable members:

• Brian Starling: Leader. Large, well-dressed man with polite speech
    • Jan Lamar: Witness to Charlie's last moments
    • Emily Lamar: Jan's teenage daughter. Knows martial arts
    • Linda Mann: Witness to Charlie's last moments, Assassinated Harpoontok
    • Leah Loveman: Killed a human couple, the Saviks, and kidnapped their baby for the purposes of infiltrating Remnant via the Penal Company
    • Darlene: Became horrified with the group's crimes and gave evidence to Remnant in exchange for a lesser sentence
    • Kareem: Melee bodyguard, works as a roofer
    • Hettie: Firearms bodyguard, tall and lanky

Notable crimes:
    • Murder of the Saviks
    • Robbing a rich elderly couple (with the intention of murdering them and framing goblins for the crime, but got caught before then)
    • Arson/murder - burning down a crowded tenement house in the slums - dozens killed, including Captain Jefferies of Remnant's Firebug team, and the family of the little orc girl adopted by Jyarl
    • Assassination of Magtok on live television

Jan:

Emily:
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-08-11 at 01:10 PM.
    Is it okay to skip me? Probably.
    In times like these, it's helpful to remember that there have always been times like these.
    ~Paul Harvey

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    New to Nexus FFRP? Read here and here then dive in.
    My Characters | Nexus Digest 78 | Objects
    Stories | Smile! | Smile Big!

10. - Top - End - #730

This is an updated version of my Cuthun demon entry. It should be clearer what these beings are now.

Cuthun Demons (Also called Cuthunians)

Defining Characteristics
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cuthun demons are in reality mortal beings which have all been changed by coming in contact with demonic essence. So they can all be very different depending on what kind of creature they were before they became a cuthunian demon.

They all share a few characteristics however, granted to them by the demonic essence that course through their bodies. This essence (also known as muk or corruption) makes a cuthunian demon able to survive things that normally would kill most living creatures such as surviving in a vacuum, without any form of nutriment, immunity to the ravishes of age and most poisons and diseases. Cuthunians, if not born adults only age until they reach that adult-hood and then stop.

They are also identified by that they are all magical creatures who can sense each other and are also detectable by silver who is one of the metals they’re vulnerable against. Silver, mithril and dragon bone can all cause burns to cuthunians if in contact with their skin. These burns can’t be healed by their normal regeneration and is also known for being able to pierce their various forms of magic as well. A person may protect themselves from the abilities of a cuthunian by wearing mithril however which is known to be capable of negate their effects, especially mental influencing ones.

The Corruption
    Spoiler
    Show
    Muk which is the life essence of these beings is a thick oily substance that shares many of the characteristics of blood. It's highly infectious to all biological life and have been known to in some specific cases even being able to change undead and synthetic life into cuthunians.

This change can just take a few seconds or weeks depending on the host which is then granted all the capabilities of a cuthunian in addition to whatever abilities the host had before turning into a Cuthunian (in some very rare cases a few abilites such as speech might be lost in the process). The exact nature of this mutation is not known but it seems to be tied to the personality and the abilities of the host. It’s known to be countered by dragon bone but other less known cures for it might also exist.

Types (or classes) of Cuthunian demons
    Spoiler
    Show
    The cuthunians divide themselves into various groups, Tuul (lesser), Reik (greater), Pau (pure), Soghv (true) and skaar (half-demons). Demons of a ‘higher’ status appear to be able to hold a form of mental influence of demons of a lesser one. This influence can take different forms depending on the class of demon.

Tuul or Lesser demons only defining characteristic is that they aren’t sapient. These beings are usually under the direct control of a demon with a higher status than they are but are otherwise usually extremely aggressive, actively seeking out any non-cuthunian life to end it unless kept in check by an great intelligence.

Reik or greater demons are the various forms of sapient life which have been changed by the corruption. They tend to either life as free agents or work under the influence of demons with a higher class if they ever came in contact with them. Reik-class cuthunians appear to have a hard time resisting the commands of a pure or a true demon, but some have proven capable to.

Pau or pure demons are creatures which never have been anything other than cuthunians. They have been born directly from Cuthun the sea of muk all these demons spawn from and are said to be the clones of non-cuthunian creatures that came there long ago. Note that 'lesser demons' technically can be Pau classified as well.

Soghv or true demons are said to be the original beings which spawned from Cuthun and are the leaders of their kin. Soghv are characterized by the fact they are all immaterial and lack bodies of their own. Instead they use the great mental influence they have upon lesser classed demons to control and even possess them, assuming direct control. Some of them even build bodies for themselves.

Half-demons or Skaar only appear if a cuthunian breeds with another being (which may or may not be another cuthuinian.) These beings have unlike the other classes the need to sleep, eat and breathe and even age as their host race. They still share some of the cuthunians regeneration and immunities however but this is only true for the first skaar generation. All generations after the first lose more and more of what defines a cuthunian until they are just like their host race. It’s only then however they may be infected by muk again as skaar are actually immune to it.

Cuthun, death and gating
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cuthun, also known as 'nether space' by some is the birthplace of all pure and true demons (and many other types as well). Cuthun is at first glance a endless featureless plane of nothingness but in truth this world is completely filled with the demonic essence. Like dark sea of corruption it fills any being that enters it with it's essence, corrupting them completely. It is said that Cuthun in reality is a living being, or a 'dreaming god' as the cuthunians call it. It is said to be sleeping but have created all true demons from a dream which then have spread across the planes.

When a cuthtunian die its body quickly turns into pure energy which returns to Cuthun which will cause it to eventually to reform. This however is a very slow process (again, depending on the individual) and most cuthunians who do end up here usually are enslaved by the true demons and forced to fight in one of their many great armies. Any cuthunian can however if they so wish transport back to this plane by a method called 'gating'.

Gating is a method known by all sapient demons and is used to transport themselves between planes. This method is directly connected to cuthun as from here they may transport to any plane in existence. This is not a completely faultless method however, the one using this method have to picture the location he wishes to go. Unless he got a direct view of the plan (like on a TV screen or in a scry pool) the closest he can get is at a random nearby location near the place he wishes to go.

Gating also takes some time depending on the user; an experienced gater can only take about 1 minute or less to teleport while an inexperienced one can take days to reach his location.

A number of cuthunians specialize in this method of teleporation and can guide other cuthunians gating to certain locations which is often used to stage invasions from Cuthun.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-02-09 at 06:14 PM.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

Sequoia

Race/Species: Redwood Dryad

Profession: Lieutenant Colonel of Support in Remnant

Description: Sequoia is a very tall woman, standing at about six feet four inches. Her shin skin is a red-brown colour and her hair is made up of some evergreen greenery. Her eyes are a lighter shade of brown and her ears are very long and pointed. She's certainly an attractive woman with her generous curves and long legs. Her clothing is typically fitted and flattering, but always tasteful.

Spoiler
    Show
    By Myself:

Personality: Sequoia is a level headed, professional woman. She's basically a good person and has a strong sense of duty. She's a social person, generally prefering to spend time with others in a variety of setting and situations as opposed to being alone.

Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Equipped:

Inventory:
    • Pistol

Stash:

Abilities: She has a few abilities granted by her heritage. She can manipulate plants in many ways. She can speak to plants. She can also enter a tree and emerge from another, even over great distances, as long as she's touched the tree before.

Backstory: Sequoia was born in a redwood forest not far from the city of Inside. She spent most of her early life there before discovering that she could explore the city at will due to the large range of her bond to her trees.

She has spent the rest of her life in Inside, as she took well to life there. She took an interest in the military and ended up joining up with the Empire. Sh climbed rapidly through the ranks until she reached her current position. When the Empire fell, she stayed on with Remnant and has been a part of it since.

Miscellaneous: Sequoia's tree is actually a whole forest of redwoods. The reason there are so many is they are a clonal colony. This gives her a much larger range, including a large area around the forest. This area encompasses Inside. Should she leave this range, she would grow sick and die after a number of hours. She can temporarily leave the range provided she takes a piece of one of her trees.

*Human Physical Maturity Equivalent
    Last edited by Gulaghar; 2013-08-27 at 11:44 PM.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ghost in the Playground

Post Re: Nexus Character Directory

name(s): Samuel David Sapienti and Samantha Rose Sapienti (They are twins, though Samuel is a few seconds older and always reminds Samantha of this)
    Gender(s): Samuel = Male, Samantha =Female
    Race: Both are changelings, Half human and Half Sidhe
    Age:Both are 173 years old, which for their race is somewhere in their late 20's which they both look.
    Alignment: Both are good, though Samuel (Sam)is more neutral good, whereas Samantha (Sammy) is more chaotic good
    Class:Both are high ranking Wizards

Samuel (Sam)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Real Name:Fir Ernil (Neither Sam or Sammy give out their real names, they know the potential danger of it. So, they created their cover names)
    Appearance: Sam is definitely on the tall side, a little over 6'. He has a somewhat athletic look to him, but certainly not a heavyweight. He has the lean body of a swimmer, a healthy body, but is for some reason usually pale. He has sharp blue eyes behind a pair of smart looking glasses and short, dark hair that is always up and usually in spikes. His wardrobe contains sensible clothes, khakis, jeans, and some shorts, always topped with button-down dress shirts or polos. He seldom wears anything but a practical outfit, and doesn't indulge in many accessories, save for a wristwatch and the few enchanted items he adorns.

Personality: Sam is the logical, practical one of the two. He is always thinking, planning, and rarely engages in socializing unless he has to. He is most often found in the corner, reading a book.

Abilities: Sam is well learned in the ways of magic. He is talented particularly in evocations (loud, vibrant, showy spells), though he can do other things as well. He believes in only using magic when necessary, his mantra being that it is a gift to be taken responsibly, not as a play thing. He takes his job on the White Council seriously, perhaps sometimes too seriously.

Equipment: Sam has a few enchanted items that offer specific magical focuses. He has a wide range of wands used for various spells, a staff, a shield bracelet( a bracelet made of various metals to protect from not only magic but also physical harm. Once activated, it throws out a solid plane of energy that redirect whatever is being hurled at it.), a mana belt(A large leather belt with a large copper buckle, helps channel and focus his own energy while also able to absorb nearby energy), and a charge ring(Once activated, releases a magnified burst of all the kinetic force built up by the movement of his arm up to that point). He also carries with him his athame ( A sacred knife, little smaller than your avaerage dagger, that is used in many different rituals and such. Also just helps to stab) He also usually carries books and scrolls in his bag, as well as some essential magic-making items (chalk, salt, some clay dolls, etc.).

Samantha (Sammy)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appearance: Samantha is of an average height, around 5'7" or so, but there is nothing average about her build. She has sumptuous curves in all the right ways, not too much but just enough to turn heads. Her outfit changes daily, a variety of looks from gothic-princess to girl next door. Somehow, she manages to make them all look incredible and stylish. She even looks attractive in no more than sweatpants and a hoodie. Her hair's natural color is a dark auburn, normally long and wavy, but she changes her hair almost as much (and as extremely) as her outfits. She also usually wears just the right make-up, pulling off an array of looks for whatever the occasion is. Her eyes are a deep hazel with golden flecks.Her skin is a golden tan unlike her brother's and she glows with health.

Personality: For those of you who will get this, imagine Phoebe from friends, but with a little bit of a mean streak. For those of you who don't, Sammy is completely unpredictable and spontaneous, but she is somewhat sarcastic as well. She can be ditsy, smart, funny, mean, and kind all in one sentence.It should also be noted that she uses her magic whenever she feels like it, seldom reconsidering as her brother often does.

Abilities: Sammy is also a well trained wizard, highly capable in the Arcane Art. However, her gift is more in the department of enchantments, and especially potions. She is best at crafting magical items, enchanting things, and very gifted in potion making.She can use magic for other things, but not as effectively.

Equipment: Oh brother. being gifted at enchantments as she is, and loving clothing like she does, you can only imagine the wide array of magical accessories Sammy has. She sports pairs of earrings that amplify sound waves, rings like her brother's, belts like his as well, handbags that shrink item down upon their entry, bracelets like Sam's, and so many more things. All of which she coordinates to her outfit and the occasion. She also possess many wands and a staff, as well as her own athame. In her bag, she usually carries various potion-making ingredients, a small cauldron, and other handy do-dads.

Backstory
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sam and Sammy are from another universe, different than the Nexus world. In their world, they are half human and half Sidhe, the offspring of a mortal father and a Sidhe mother. (In their universe, Sidhe are creatures of the Fey, or Faeries. They are incredibly powerful magical beings, possessing strong abilities in nature magic, and highly respected.) They are both members of the White Council (An order of powerful wizards gathered for the purpose of furthering magic while protecting mortals, and generally upholding laws and such.In their universe, again.) The Nexus Universe was discovered by the Gatekeeper (Member of the Council responsible for time-travel, keeping track of Universes, etc.). The Council is currently short on available members, and the Gatekeeper had other matters to tend to, so Sam and Sammy were sent to Nexus as scouts basically. Gather information, set up communications with locals, report back, etc. While Sam takes this task seriously, Sammy just thinks of it as a large field trip.Being strangers here, they are both anxious to find out how magic and beings work in this new realm, not even sure of their own limits now.
    Possibly more to come soon

Regarding race and class
    Spoiler
    Show
    Being changelings, Sam and Sammy gain neither the full benefits or the full weaknesses of either race. They have long life spans and healing factors like the Sidhe, as well as the slightly pointed ears and the look of a primal but graceful beast contained in a human body, but they also possess some Sidhe drawbacks. While Iron does not actually burn their skin like it does most faeries, it does make them violently ill, consequently they avoid it as much as possible. They can tell lies, unlike Sidhe, but find it more difficult to do so than most humans. Also, they must abide by the laws regarding debts like their people. They must also obey the Seven Laws of Magic protected by the White Council. Though they are not Senior members, they possess great power and wisdom, and are held in high respects among their peers. Though they do not know it, their bloodline can be traced back to that of Morgan LeFay, King Arthur, and Merlin himself. Both are strongly attached to Nature, able to communicate to the beings that inhabit it and being so old they both have learned to speak many languages. Also, in their universe, being a wizard gives you an ability called Sight. To see somthing, or someone, means to see all it has been, all it is, and all it could become. When using the Sight, a wizard can tell everything about something or someone, where it came from, what it is, the sate of it, what it might be, the whole enchilada. But, the problem is memories gained when using the Sight are never forgotten, and never fade. They always look fresh. In this universe, obviously people can interrupt this if they so choose, but back home, the Sight is impervious to anything.
    Last edited by Me.; 2012-08-07 at 10:44 PM.

13. - Top - End - #733

Polliwopple Graveltoes

Alias: None

Race/Species: Svirfneblin

Profession: Rogue/Trapsmith

Description: Polliwopple is a middle-aged svirfneblin, only about three feet tall. He has spiky black hair, blue eyes and gray skin. He's missing his little finger and ring finger, but is still quite nimble with them. His eyes are a piercing jet black. His physique is quite bony and skinny.

Personality: Polliwopple is it bit surly. The gnome hasn't had a great experience so far in the surface world. But if someone's willing to listen and treat him as more than just "the trap guy," he'll give his life for them. No one like that so far, though...

Equipment: Six daggers, two shuriken, trapsmith's kit, thieves' tools, leather armor, parrot

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kobolds took two fingers on Polliwopple's left hand, or rather, a trap set by kobolds did. That Polliwopple didn't lose his arm and bleed to death earned him the moniker "the Fortunate"—a name he hates. Wish him good luck, and he winces; comment on a winning streak, and he spits a curse. Polliwopple calls himself "Unlucky" and believes luck favors him only if he doesn't acknowledge it. Yet he won't admit this idea even to himself lest luck somehow find out.

As a young svirfneblin, Poliwopple had ambitions to be a baker, but the elders noticed he had quick reflexes and steady hands. So he was tasked with rooting out and dismantling traps set by kobolds around his warren, deep in the Feydark. Crawling through cramped passages, dagger clenched between his teeth, and carrying an oilcloth filled with tools, Polliwopple got to know all sorts of diabolical devices hatched from the wickedest minds.

He discovered he had a knack for analyzing traps, a talent that helped him figure out how to disarm one after just a few seconds of study. Whether a mundane pit or scything blade, or a magical glyph or curse, he could see the patterns and know just what to do to mess up the works. He was a natural, and thus he unwillingly found his calling.

Even the best trapsmith can't handle the strain forever. After a decade spent pulling apart kobold traps, losing his fingers along the way, Polliwopple had had enough. He sneaked away one night and slipped through a tunnel to the natural world, where he thought to earn a livelihood in a less dangerous profession. The trouble was, he didn't know how to do anything else. So he ended up hiring himself out to adventuring parties as a trapsmith. Figuring that dungeons hold fewer traps than he encountered on the front lines against the kobolds, he hopes to do this job only for a few years and then retire. Polliwopple is good at what he does, and despite everything he usually enjoys it. He has come to realize that he is a valued master of his trade, and he makes sure he is rewarded appropriately.

Miscellaneous: None
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-08-16 at 06:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

14. - Top - End - #734
    Orc in the Playground

Khair Acher
    Spoiler
    Show
    Race: Catperson
    Alig: TN

Desc: Khair is pale and sickly, her tabby-brown hair (and ears and tail) dull and limp. Her dirty-orange eyes constantly leak oily fluid, and she often wears a respirator mask, though she doesn't necessarily have to.
    She is of average height, but seems shorter because she has to lean on a cane.

Abilities: None to speak of, other than being sick.
    Last edited by Beans; 2013-01-13 at 04:48 PM.

Show

Show

...What?
    What?
    A snake butt.
    That made my day.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Dwarf in the Playground

Full Name: Brandon Nodnrab
    AKA: left head is named Brian, right head is named Landon. brian speaks in Royal Blue and Landon speaks in Red. Collectively, Brandon speaks in Purple

Gender/Species/Age/Alignment: Male Half-Ettin (half-goblin), about 20, Brian is NG, is True Neutral, Brandon is NG when they co-operate.

More to come!
    Epic avatar by the Epic Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started mine with the only player waking up in prison

16. - Top - End - #736
    Pixie in the Playground

Hana

Alias: None at all!

Race/Species: Dryad!

Age: Technically well under a year, but she looks to be about five!

Alignment: Neutral Good!

Class/Profession: Little girl!

Power Rating: E-

Description: Hana's small, quite so. Even for a child of five. A short mop of cherry blossoms - hair, apparently - rests atop her head. Her large, dark pink eyes are constantly roaming. Her features are delicate and typically rounded, with a tiny nose and long, pointed ears.

A little visual help, courtesy of Gulaghar:

Equipment: Likely only some clothes! Though perhaps an instrument of some sort - maybe a flute.

Abilities: Most of Hana's abilities are defined in the Dryad race entry, but otherwise, she seems to be musically inclined.

Backstory: Made from the 'pollination' of a flower by the pixie Shae, and born by the treant Sarget, Hana has just barely come into the world. There's little backstory to speak of. While this mostly modern society frightens her, it is nice to know her older sister Sakura is around to watch out for her.

Miscellaneous: It should be noted that this character sheet isn't quite active yet. Hana has yet to be born.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-08-25 at 04:05 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

Spoiler
    Show
    In a dream I found a place
    of rotting meat and eldritch grace
    and looked upon his primordial face
    and from my thoughts could not erase
    that sense of time that sense of space
    and my heart the darkness did embrace.

-Johanna Stokes

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #737
    Orc in the Playground

Alfred

Alias: Agneau, Fish-head, Honeysuckle

Description: A roughly thirteen-year-old looking boy with black hair. He wears many different forms of clothing, but you are most likely to spot him in white pajamas and barefoot. Around fairies and in fae lands his hair turns from raven black to shimmering golden blond.

Personality: He's very childish and happy. His raising in fae environs has given hin a weirdly cheery outlook on the world. Although he's young and tends to be silly, he's oddly verbose and clever, able to strike up deals among the fairies since a young age. He has an obsession with fairy tales and stories, partly because he lives one himself.

Abilities: Alfred's primary power is described as "The voice of the Prince" by his fair-mother. It's actually a powerful suggestive magic that can force some people, and especially certain fae, to follow his commands. It's noted by Gold Bold Text.

By putting his hand to his heart, he can sense where both of his mothers are.

He's been taught forest survival and fishing by his troll-uncle and Dryad-aunt.

Backstory: I might link the story thread or write something new entirely here later.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-08-25 at 09:51 PM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

18. - Top - End - #738

Sylvia Aceford

Alias: None!

Race/Species: Half drow, quarter elf, quarter human!

Profession: Little girl!

Description: Sylvia is small, even for a baby like herself. She draws a lot from both her parents. She has a long blonde mane akin to her father. Her eyes are purple orbs and her face is small. Sylvia has a small rounded nose and large, pointy ears.

Personality: Sylvia smiles a lot, especially around her parents. She enjoys humming, and sticking things she finds in her mouth.

Equipment: Just some clothes!
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-08-25 at 09:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

19. - Top - End - #739
    Pixie in the Playground

Arcus Belua Novem

Race/Species: Half-fiend human
    Class/Profession: Mystic Theurge
    Description: He is about 5'10. He has pure black skin. He also has two bat wings, which he keeps wrapped around his shoulders. His eyes are golden in color. He has fangs. He has short claws, though he is careful not to scratch anyone. He is fairly ordinary, once you get past the half-fiend part. He keeps himself fit.
    Equipment: He usually wears leather armor, with a black cloak over it.
    Abilities: He is a skilled spellcaster, and has a couple racial abilities.
    Backstory: To Come Later
    Miscellaneous:
    Last edited by Lesser Naboo; 2012-08-26 at 02:33 AM.

20. - Top - End - #740

Nap-Nap
    There once was man who was orange....Guys! What rhyme with orange?

Race/Species:Kobold

Alignment: True Neutral

Class/Profession: Bard/Adventurer

Power Rating: 3

Description: Nap-Nap stands at only two feet tall, which is short even for a kobold. His scales are beige in color and he's always dressed in mis-matched clothes of clashing colors. The few constants of his dress are two bongos hanging infront of him, an old leather backpack slung over his shoulder, and a hatchet at his side.

Equipment: Besides his clothes? A hatchet, two bongos, and a backpack full of miscelanious adventuring gear (rope, food, ect. ect.)

Abilities: Nap-Nap knows a bit of magic, a bit of fighting, and a bit of adventuring. Unfortunately, he isnt nearly as great of a musician or adventurer as he thinks.

Backstory: Intentionally left blank
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

"Then next time, don't build your block house in his territory, dear. Now please stop trying to mindcontrol the daughter of someone who could lock us both inside our own heads for the next million years or so, alright?"
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

Thankyou Raven for the brain-bleach worthy avatar.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Pixie in the Playground

Surt
    Spoiler
    Show

Alias: The Red Mercenary
    Race/Species: Artificial Humanoid
    Age: Biologically 22 but only about a year and half in existence.
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral / True Neutral
    Class/Profession: Fighter Mercenary
    Power Rating: Hero: Lvl 12 (Quinsar Scale), B+ (Neon Knight Scale) Just to be clear on this matter most of the time, as Surt is rarely ever truly serious or motivated, he is usually at 20-40% capacity.
    Description: He is exactly 6 feet tall and weighs 85kg. His build well balanced, neither too thin or too muscular.His armor, eyes, hair and speech lines are all red, even his skin is reddish. Most of the time his face carries an either annoyed or disinterested face.His armor looks heavy and cumbersome and very clean without a single dent or scratch on it. He carries no visible weapon whatsoever. Over his gauntlets and chest plate is a half orb sticking out 3/4 as big as his hands with a reddish-yellow glow.
    Personality: Most of the time he is very carefree and uncaring of what goes on around him. He is also easily bored and thus does things on impulse. However when he decides to do something his thoughts all become negative. He ends up always thinking that he'll screw up or anger someone powerful. If what he decides to do is not particularly hard or stressful then he'll just continue his carefree nature. He can also be at many times be very selfish.
    Equipment: Red Full-Body armor sans helmet(Harder than steel and just as heavy), Brown Messenger Bag and Camping Gear(This last one is only seen rarely.)
    Abilities: Above average brawling skill, Highly above average two-handed sword skill, Ability to shoot red laser-beams/balls from his orbs which can stun or kill, Ability to create fire/energy swords from his orbs, Flight, Medium capacity for magic which are mostly fire/energy related, Inhuman strength-speed-endurance and His final move: Letum! Surtr! Ignis! (Those are Latin words.) As I stated, he doesn't use this all the time. It'll be up to me to decide when he reaches his peak.
    Backstory: Surt was created as the result of experiment on creating a next generation weapon in some mundane human world. However since he project created a being that has its own will along with the fact that it looks human though is only an artificial humanoid. This caused many problems: Militarily, as how would you trust a weapon with a mind of its own? Financially, as it would be impossible to mass produce him. Ethically, as it looks like a human being. Though abandoned as a failed next generation weapons project someone decided to take over the experiment. The one that toke over took everything from its original facility and brought it to the Nexus.
    Surt's real body is is still in its pod where he was made. The Surt out in the world is only his consciousness remotely radioed to a data body(Think Megaman.EXE). To Surt he just thinks his memory is faulty but this is just a thought forced into Surt's mind in the place he is being kept, wherever that may be. For now the goal of whoever brought Surt to the Nexus is still unclear.
    Miscellaneous: Though he is a data body he still thinks that he is alive. so the data bod is manipulated as needed whenever he eats or is called by nature to..... you know what I mean.

Esruc
    Spoiler
    Show

Alias: The Black Mercenary
    Race/Species: Human
    Alignment: Neutral Good / True Neutral
    Class/Profession: Legend Killer Mercenary
    Power Rating: Hero: Lvl 9 (Quinsar Scale), C+ (Neon Knight scale). He is always at peak capacity but it does not mean he will always fight like that. If the enemy is just average then he wouldn't exactly in the proper mood to fight at the edge of death.
    Description: His face is usually carrying a blank expression. His hair is Silver but dyed black and his eyes are blood red but are covered in back contacts. His build is on the highly muscular side. Five feet-Five inches tall and weighing around 110kg. All of the cloth he wears is pure black same with the armor with bits of silver colors here and there. If you look closely his armor is big pieces meshed with mismatched smaller pieces but these with keener senses won't be fooled by appearance. On his back is a two-headed, crescent shaped, short-handled Ax with the handle on his right shoulder. His blade is thin and sheathed on his right hip. Both weapons shine a dark, black brilliance just like obsidian. On his back is a satchel.
    Personality: He is gruff all the time. He complains a lot and is also quick to anger. Violence is also one of his first options and killing is not a problem at all. He is very arrogant as well. He however has a soft spot for the innocent peoples and creatures. However to him there is a fine line between innocence and simply being weak, he despises the latter. Slavers and the like will get death from him. Weaklings will be helped but largely ignored by him if they look like absolute sheep(figuratively speaking). The innocent will mostly be helped by him.
    Equipment: Black cloth(it hides him and works as a good bandage as the cloth has healing properties), Patchwork armor(Though named so it is stronger than hard diamonds and lighter than chain mail), Black Sword(Made from Black Steel, it is thin and light but very durable.), Black Ax(Made from Black Steel, it is thick, heavy and highly durable.), Satchel(Contains items that add flame, lightning and poisons to his arsenal. Healing potions and tonics included.)
    Abilities: Master Swordsman/Ax-man, Skilled dual wielder, Peak human Strength-Speed-Stamina, Great survival skills, Honed senses and his greatest move: Landskecht!
    Backstory: Once he was an explorer in a town containing a great labyrinth in his own world. In his town five inhumanly strong people conquered the depths of the labyrinth's floors and defeated the Legend that lived there. Since the secrets of the place were already known to the world the town was slowly dissolving into a ghost town. He however sought to conquer the labyrinth on his own. It took him years to make it to the final floor alone. In that time he had become an exemplary warrior. However in that floor despair awaited. The corpse of the legend that was killed was back and more powerful than ever. Yet the creature was definitely being controlled by someone else. Esruc fought hard but lost. His last vision was of the monster consuming the other beasts of the labyrinth to empower itself before fading away into an unconscious state. When he woke he was in a place he did not know. There he gained his skill with the black death from a teacher. Then he was outed here in the Nexus as the beast he failed to slay was here.
    Miscellanious: He dyes his his hair black as silver hair make him stand out and that can be bad at times, same with the eyes. As you may know the black items he has have more to it than what I have revealed.

Alistair
    Spoiler
    Show

Alias: Al the Walker
    Race/Species: Magic Human
    Alignment: Neutral Good / Chaotic Good
    Class/Profession: Wandering Summoner
    Power Rating: Adventurer: Lvl 6 (Quinsar Scale), D if sans magic and C if he has magic. Of course he will get stronger with time and adventure.
    Description: His face is very youthful with big red eyes and a smiling face. His brown hair is short so as not to get grabbed or get in the way. He is Five feet and seven inches tall weighing about 75kg. His build is on the thin side. His seamless brown suit is tight with only a zipper in the spine area.Thick shorts and gloves , both of which are brown, seem to b his only other articles of clothing. On his body are various belts that have daggers, Dirks and throwing knives attached on them. The belt on his waist has a cardholder with few cards and a bag of holding.
    Personality: He is youthful, naive, adventurous and curious. He is pretty much a nice guy but can be scared at times. He can be immature at times as well. He is also slow to anger and knows how to sweet talk others. Overall he is a good kid. A bit of molding and he'll grow up into a fine man.
    Equipment: Daggers, Dirks and Throwing Knives(All regular iron and steel and non-magical.), Bag of Holding(Self-explanatory and contains the usual), Summoning cards(Which summons.... stuff)
    Abilities: Skilled in small bladed weaponry, tactical retreats and summoning various things. He has no final move as that would be riciculous for such a raw character.
    Backstory: He is of noble linage but his family dies in his infancy due to a magical accident, cause unknown. He was then raised in an Akademy where he learned to use his magic to summon things. For 15 years he studied and now he must finish one final test to graduate. he has 4 years to become stronger and when that time is up he must prove his worth to those that raised him. Now he trains and wanders to do just that!
    Miscellanious: If he sees a beautiful woman he will not hesitate to try and flirt with her, you have been warned.

Narve
    Spoiler
    Show

Alias: Clan Hunter
    Alignment: Neutral Good / Lawful Good
    Class/Profession: Fighter Paladin, sub: Hunter Ninja
    Power Rating: Adventurer: Lvl 5 (Quinsar Scale), D+ (Neon Knight Scale) As he is just in the middle of leveling he can still rise to C class.
    Description: He is Blonde with red eyes with a child-like face of a... well child. He wears a red undershirt with a lowered white hoodie along with red shorts, gray socking and brown shoes. Bits and pieces of engraved armor lies on top of his clothes. A big rucksack is on his back. His true equipment seems to not be apparent on him.
    Personality: Headstrong and with a strong sense of justice, Narve can sometimes get so focused to what he thinks is right and he will not see things from anyone else's point of view, which often gets him in to a lot of engagements. He also hates losing.... a lot.
    Equipment: Arch Sword(Holy Element and held with two hands), Wygar(Light armor that allows him to dodge most normal attacks and immediately counterattack.), Mirror Mail(Reflects Magic) and Templar Shield(Immunity to debuffs)
    Abilities: His abilities depend on which active class he is using. Mostly it will be brute force coupled with holy element. The other way is fast hit s from afar. His greatest ability and maybe the only true ability is this: Judge Law. He has no finisher either.
    Backstory: Like other youths he stumbled upon a grimoire and was sent to Ivalice. He stayed there for awhile loving every minute of adventure, having no wish to return to his world at all. He then stumbled upon a grimoire in Ivalice and ended up here in the Nexus. Now he is looking for new clan members.
    Miscellanious: He is currenly thinking up a clan name!
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

22. - Top - End - #742

Gird
    Is hungry. Nice peoples is has food?

Race/Species:Minotaur
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Class/Profession: Adventurer-In-Training
    Power Rating: 1
    Description:Gird stands at about five and a half feet tall, and has long hair pulled into dozens of tiny braids with brightly-colored beads at the ends. His horns are small, being *only a few inches long and half as wide. His brown studded leather armor is shiny and polished and he has a small gold pendant around his neck. On his back is a longspear, two crossed shortspears, and a backpack right in the middle. At his side, a knobbly length of wood with a few nails put through it and a leather-wrapped handle.
    Equipment: his armor, his spears, his club, a backpack full of food and water, a small woodcarving set, and his pet goat "Ba"
    Abilities: Being young( and stupid) Gird doesn't have many abilities. He can throw a spear, stab with a spear, swing a club, and carve wood decently.
    Backstory: To be revealed at a later date.

"Then next time, don't build your block house in his territory, dear. Now please stop trying to mindcontrol the daughter of someone who could lock us both inside our own heads for the next million years or so, alright?"
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

23. - Top - End - #743

Mercutio
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    "If it's knowledge you're looking for, you've come to the right devil. I can get the information you need, but it's going to cost you. And since you're all being so secretive, I have no idea what you have to offer me. So you're just going to have to keep naming things until I'm satisfied."

Alias: Any named, male character from Romeo and Juliet. (And perhaps a female if situation warrants.) The name Mercutio is also an alias, although he tends to allow people to believe its his True Name.
    Gender: Technically genderless. Self-identifies and presents as male.
    Race/Species: Knowledge Devil of Pride over Life.
    Alignment: Very Lawful Evil.
    Class/Profession: Planeswalker, contractor, scientist.
    Power Rating: Varies.
    Description: His usual physical form is very close to his true ethereal form, and makes no bones about his Abyssal status. Blue, lightly scaled skin, folded goat ears, a long round tail that ends in a bone, pointed spade. But perhaps what's most disconcerting is his eyes - orange, with a rectangular, horizontal pupil.
    Generally, Mercutio is a sharp dresser. In most of his dealings with Mortals he wears a three-piece suit with a dark blue tie and a long red coat with elaborate golden embroidery. He almost always has a spell-book hanging from his belt by a chain run through its spine.
    Personality: Perhaps ironically, Mercutio is quite prideful. He is well-spoken and rather haughty, often looking down at the mortals he makes deals with. He is manipulative in almost everything he does, presenting deals and contracts in a light that downplays the negative aspects and makes it seem like the recipient is getting the better half of the deal. He rarely enters into a task unless he believes he stands to gain something from it.
    Equipment: Spellbook, vast stores of mana, a Darksteel fountain pen.
    Backstory: Once upon a time, Mercutio was an ordinary, boring old devil. Working away in the libraries and research halls of Pride over Life, occasionally getting bullied into going to aid a more powerful devil or demon into aiding them in wars and feuds.

It was on one such an expedition when Mercutio found himself alone in the mortal realm. As he set out to rejoin his companions, something fell from the sky. Mercutio, brimming with curiosity, decided to find out what.

It took him an hour to track down the crater. At the bottom lay a humanoid female, charred, smoking and barely alive. It wasn't until he made his way into the crater that he saw the burned-out stumps protruding from her back that marked her as a fallen angel. And it wasn't until he was crouching over her, looking down at her terrified face, that he realized that there was a powerful magical energy housed somewhere inside her. Fascinated, Mercutio brought her back to his laboratory and set out to find what this strange new magic was.

Weeks of study, research and experimentation passed and Mercutio was able to identify his new toy was a Planeswalker, and the magic she stored was a Spark.
    Months more, and Mercutio was able to begin extracting the Spark.
    Miscellaneous: Do you want to make a deal with a devil? Got any characters itching for knowledge they can't get on their own and willing to pay dearly for it? Send me a PM! It'll be fun!

Creatures

Cloud Ram - 1U
    Creature - Goat Illusion
    Flying. 1/3

Fugitive Wizard - U
    Creature - Human Wizard
    1/1
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

24. - Top - End - #744

Imesah Zhirov

Race/Species: Aasimar
    Class/Profession: Paladin

Description: Like most Aasimars, Imesah is strikingly beautiful. She is tall and athletic in build. Her skin has a soft glow to it, and her raven hair is both soft and shiny. Her face is clearly feminine, and her eyes have the color and gleam of rubies. It would be fairly obvious to anyone who met her that she has a significant portion of celestial blood in her veins.

Normally, she wears a simple outfit of pants and a long-sleeved shirt, carrying her longsword and rucksack with her. When adventuring, she wears a suit of reinforced leather armor. Her shield is nearly always on her left forearm.

Personality: For a paladin, Imesah is remarkably friendly, perhaps because of her youth. She is confident and has a pleasant demeanor. She doesn't really like to force her beliefs on anyone. Rather, she knows that there are different types of good, and just because someone isn't celibate doesn't mean they're evil.

Of course, she's vastly different when she's near anyone who is actually evil, being a pretty normal paladin about smiting evil and that sort of thing.

Equipment: All Imesah carries is her longsword, steel shield, and reinforced leather armor, in addition to clothes and her rucksack, full of money and other possessions.

Abilities: Imesah is completely immune to disease, fear, and compulsion magic. She is able to use some divine magic, and enchant her weapon with positive energy. Her weapons are particularly strong against evil beings, mainly demons and devils.

Being an aasimar, she's also resistant to multiple elements and can see perfectly in the dark.

Backstory: To come later.

25. - Top - End - #745

Evan

Don't worry, Sweet. He won't lay a hand on you.

Class/Profession: Master Marksman

Description: Slightly above average height with blond hair and grey eyes.

Personality: Evan is rather friendly, easy to smile. He at the same time has the ability to focus absolutely on his targets, especially when those he is concerned for need him or through some other form of pressure. Evan is hopelessly romantically minded, every spare thought seems to be on "her". Whoever she is. It comes across in his gentlemanly manner and emphasis on his behavior around women.

Equipment: He has three rather powerful rifles, all custom made and able to inflict progressively more damage. Their names are Hella, Fenrir and Jormungandr after the three children of Loki.

Abilities: Evan is a master marksman, able to hit targets farther away and faster than even some of the most well trained snipers in his world would have very little chance of hitting.

Backstory: To come.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2013-09-01 at 04:35 PM.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

The Bloodfang Tribe

The Bloodfangs are a tribe of primitive pixies that live on the edge of the Weald. They're known particularly for being vicious, cunning hunters and fighters, willing to take on quarry many times their size.

People:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Members:
    {TABLE=head]Name | Gender | Age | Hair | Eyes | Wings | Additional Info
    Annie | Female | 21 | Black | Green | Brown | Coupled with Chelsea
    Chelsea | Female | 19 | Dyed Rainbow | Grey | Blue | Coupled with Annie
    Henry | Male | 2 | Brown | Brown | Brown/Spotted | Son of Sarah, Lyle's twin, deer ears, horizontal pupils
    Kyler | Male | 24 | Red | Blue | Light Blue |
    Lyle | Male | 2 | Brown | Brown | Brown/Spotted | Son of Sarah, Henry's twin, deer ears, horizontal pupils
    Mimi | Female | 17 | Dark Brown | Brown | Pale Green | Daughter of Samantha
    Mirabelle | Female | 22 | Dark Brown | Black | N/A | Spider Grig, dark skin, pregnant, coupled with Troy
    Samantha | Female | 40 | Dark Brown | Brown | Pale Green | Chieftess, mother of Mimi
    Sarah | Female | 26 | Light Brown | Hazel | Yellow/Brown | Mother of Henry and Lyle
    Troy | Male | 20 | Light Brown | Brown | Orange/Black | Coupled with Mirabelle
    [/table]

Incomplete. More to be filled in later.
    Last edited by Gulaghar; 2012-10-10 at 07:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #747

Morsvita
    I like my job.

Alias: Rebirth
    Race/Species: Formerly human, currently reaper
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Class/Profession: Reincarnate Reaper
    Description: Standing at about five and a half feet tall, Morsvita has soft skin as white as chalk. He is dressed in white dress pants, a white vest, and a white top hat.
    Equipment: Morsvita has three pieces of equipment. A large white book with runes on the front, a white hourglass almost as tall and wide as he is, and a small black dagger. The book is held underneath his left arm, the hourglass is on his back(held by an over-the-shoulder sling) and the dagger is hidden on the inside of his vest.
    Abilities: Being a Reincarnate Reaper holds the abilities to reincarnate a soul and to simply end a soul and send it to their own personal heaven or hell. He can also subtly manipulate the world to cause someone's death(like making a length of rope weaker so it breaks and a piano crushes someone, or scaring a horse so it bucks its rider). These are his only strengths. He's terrible at fighting, not very muscular or athletic, and just intelligent enough to do his job.
    Backstory: Morsvita comes from a world where you never die, you're just reincarnated. One day, on his thousandth death, he was reincarnated into a Reaper.

Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

Sophia Holt

Race/Species: Human (Scion)
    Class/Profession: Detective
    Description:

Sophia is a fairly young woman, with fair skin, nordic blue eyes, and brown hair which she wears loose. Her muscles are quite defined, but overall, she's got a runner's build more than anything else, and while quite pretty, it's in an unadorned way- Sophia never wears makeup or earrings of any type. In most cases, she wears street clothes, and a bulletproof vest with several silver Norse runes inscribed on it. In addition, she generally carries a large pistol, slightly larger than a Desert Eagle.
    Abilities: Sophia's main skills are in investigation and police-related work- in particular, she's an expert shot with a pistol.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a Scion, Sophia has a number of supernatural abilities.
    She's slightly tougher than most humans, being slightly more capable of working through pain, and can heal herself to a degree. She's more dexterous, and can make shots that, frankly, should be impossible. Shooting through the rope when someone's about to be hung comes to mind. She's also got a supernatural degree of charisma, and in particular, people tend to give her the benefit of the doubt. She's also able to think extremely fast, able to react instantly to most situations and to get an accurate read of a crime scene almost instantly.
    Finally, she has access to a number of Boons- these are focused in the Purviews of Earth (Sophia will never be suffocated or crushed by the earth, and she can get a sense of its general composition and density (including holes or caves beneath the surface)), Justice (She can intuitively determine whether someone is guilty or innocent- while this does have a chance of not working or returning a false reading, it's highly unlikely) and War (she can bolster the courage of her allies).
    Last edited by horngeek; 2012-09-24 at 07:07 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Desert Elf Druid by Akrim.elf. Thanks!

29. - Top - End - #749
    Orc in the Playground

Neht
    Race: Human undead (mummy)
    Alig: LN
    Class: Mummy (hoping to graduate to Mummy Lord)

Desc: This image gives a good idea of her hair, form, gait, and the way her bandages dangle from her arms and legs; however, this image is the best representation of her in terms of skin tone and clothing and stuff.
    Neht is pale and grey, her lusterless brown hair eternally unkempt. One green eye, dully luminescent in the gloom, peers out from her often dazed-looking face; the other is hidden under bandages.
    She wears faded khakis and a leather top; loose bandage-ends dangle from under the bottom hem of the top and out the legs of her pants. She also wears a sort of cloth wrap over her pants.
    Her arm-wrappings are clearly not of her original bandages; fading grey and blue, they contrast with the ivory and dirty white of the cloth around her palms. More loose ends dangle around her wrists.
    She's preserved nearly perfectly, mostly by the ritual magic of her state and partly by the absorption of life energy when she can manage it.
    Also, she smells like nutmeg for some reason.

Abilities: Neht is not very fast, but makes up for it with sheer power and tenacity. Simply put, she is really damn strong. Additionally, she is able to extend and control her bandages, which helps to tangle and slow down faster foes---it's hard to chokeslam someone who won't quit running around.
    Lastly, she is able to drain life energy from organic material; she gets a decent amount by eating meat or draining plants, but gets substantially more from still-living or recently-dead things.

Personality: Neht is somewhat spacey and not the fastest spoon in the crayon box, but she's a loyal friend and is a gal of principles (not that they're especially comprehensible principles to anyone else), adoringly devoted to her adventuring partner (name here)

Show

Show

...What?
    What?
    A snake butt.
    That made my day.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Kitty

Alias: Kitsuki Tsukuda

Race/Species: Kitsune

Profession: N/A

Description: Kitty is a slender, even a bit wiry, young woman and somewhat tall. She has a narrow face with close-set, narrow eyes, thin eyebrows, and high cheekbones. Her eyes are an odd amber colour and her canines are slightly long. Her nose is small and straight and her mouth is narrow. Her short hair is nearly black, and stands at odds to the bright red fur on her tails. The tails are like a fox's and she has three of them. In the bright sun she casts the shadow of a fox.

Kitty's fox form looks very much like your average fox, except she has three tails. She's thin and sleek, and her fur is thick and clean. It matches her humanoid form's tails in colour, aside from the white at the tip of each of her three tails and her underside.

Personality: Kitty is not one to worry about things. She takes what life throws at her in stride and keeps on living. She doesn't mind being alone, but at the same time she's generally friendly and good humored when with others. She's a free spirit and not one to be tied down.

Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Equipped:
    • Her hoshi no tama. A pearlescent, white gem in the shape of a fat tear drop. It glows faintly.

Inventory:

Stash:

Abilities: Kitty can make small balls of white fire. She can control how they move and their flight path with a thought. They burn what she wants them to burn with a lesser heat than a natural flame.

The regular rules of physics don't seem to apply to her half the time. She spurns gravity to leap great heights, light passes through her when she doesn't wish to be seen, and she somehow ends up places she should not be able to be.

Backstory: Kitsuki was born to the daughter of farmers, lower class people that work day to day to make their living wage. She was, however, not born of usual circumstances. She claimed to be visited by a man each night for a matter of weeks. He was like a shadow of a flame, and he took her breath away. The only sign of his passing were blissful memories and the smell of cinnamon.

That, and a child she never asked for. Kitsuki was an oddity since birth. She seemed like a normal girl at first glance, but she was strange. Not just because of her fox's tail, which her grandfather was strict about her concealing. No, she never fit in with the other children. They found her too different to accept and rejected her outright.

Except for one odd girl she met when she was becoming more a woman than a girl. She saw Kitsuki's oddness and was intrigued instead of disgusted. Against all odds, they fell madly in love. While the relationship had to be kept a strict secret, Kitty grew happier each day that she could see her love.

One evening, in fit of passion, she joined her love in her bed. She gave into a powerful desire that she never even knew she had. A flood of energy flooded into her, but little did she know she was drawing it from her love. The young woman almost perished that night, and she would have if they hadn't been interrupted.

It almost ruined her family to cover up what had happened, and her grandfather's honor would never be restored. It was clear to him that his grand daughter was a monster, and it was his burden to contain her. He saw the second tail that appeared after the incident, and knew it was proof of this.

Kitsuki grew miserable in her isolation. Nearly killing, and now having lost, the one person in the world that she felt close to had been enough on its own. She grew agitated and desperate. Almost a year later she broke free of her prison through a combination of trickery and stealth. She fled her home, leaving her old life behind forever. It was clear there was no place there for her, and she knew there must be something out there for her.

To be continued...

Miscellaneous: As a kitsune, Kitty has multiple tails. For those that know such things, it's a clear indication of her age. Kitsunes are born with one tail and grow an additional tail for every hundred years they live. It's said that after they reach nine tails they take on a transformation of some kind.

Kitty has one child:
    Child Additional Info
    Annie
    Female
    < 1
    Child of Vice
    Last edited by Gulaghar; 2014-04-15 at 12:43 AM.