New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Paladin Academy: A Playground Inspired Story

Hell, I love Viola. There has never been a sweeter girl on these forums. And I'm on Team Good.
    Does that mean I'm not cheering for a great villain in Mango? Does that mean I don't want awesome twists and turns?
    No.
    I hope Viola falls, if only so we can see if she'll be redeemed...or stay in the darkness

GO MANGO GO MANGO GO.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

2. - Top - End - #362
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Hell, I love Viola. There has never been a sweeter girl on these forums. And I'm on Team Good.
    Does that mean I'm not cheering for a great villain in Mango? Does that mean I don't want awesome twists and turns?
    No.
    Yeah, you're right.

I hope Viola falls, if only so we can see if she'll be redeemed...or stay in the darkness
    WHAT?

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

Twists and turns, you say?

Mordokai redeems Grim, but not before Grim corrupts Rabbit. Mangosta corrupts Viola, who then attacks the academy and kills Mordokai before fighting Grim to another stalemate. Corrupted Rabbit and Penny kill each other during the attack. Grim takes over leadership of the paladins and spearheads an attack that takes Mangosta down, then ends with another showdown between Grim and Viola. Grim sacrifices himself to start Viola on the path of redemption.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

...as good a story as that would make, if it happens, I'm holding you personally responsible.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    So, what exactly do you want your nickname to be?
    Sorry, I missed this. "The Vulpine" would work wonderfully. Also, I just got caught up, and I have to say that I am eagerly awaiting the next installment.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Interesting story. Very interesting.

Nay, incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

It just occurred to me that Grim's powers are frighteningly similar to this:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=13
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

Avatar by Dorian Soth Thormag. Thanks a bunch.

8. - Top - End - #368

...I just realized that we didn't get an update this weekend.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofOblivion View Post
    [underdesk]Don't you KNOW how much I blush when people reference me and my stuff?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

10. - Top - End - #370

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    [underdesk]Don't you KNOW how much I blush when people reference me and my stuff?
    I thought you would have gotten used to it by now.

Love wins. S'agapo.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    I thought you would have gotten used to it by now.
    Silly Blue, I don't follow your strange, mortal logic.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Silly Blue, I don't follow your strange, mortal logic.
    ...I will refrain from commenting.
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

Avatar by Dorian Soth Thormag. Thanks a bunch.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofOblivion View Post
    It just occurred to me that Grim's powers are frighteningly similar to this:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=13
    What the heck?... I had no idea that existed...

Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness View Post
    ...I just realized that we didn't get an update this weekend.
    Ya, sorry for that. It's been a busy weekend. A tree fell on my house and I was helping my family with sorting everything out. I'll try updating soon.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, they're unconnected.

A... a TREE fell on your house? Holy... ._. Are you okay?
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2010-08-17 at 12:43 PM.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

He was obviously mortally wounded, but managed to imprint his login credentials and personality into some kind of bionic/cyborg ghost hand.

Kinda makes me wonder where he is. It's not terribly uncommon for a tree to fall on a house around here, and we had some storms over the weekend. Damage depends on the size of the tree, but I imagine it tore up a bunch of shingles and may have damaged some of the support structure underneath. With luck, that's all it did.

I've actually got a huge, ancient oak in the front yard that's probably gonna have to go pretty soon before I have to start worrying about it, because that sucker will break the house clean in half if it goes...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    He was obviously mortally wounded, but managed to imprint his login credentials and personality into some kind of bionic/cyborg ghost hand.
    So...what you're saying is... he's a superhero/villain?
    I wonder if he needs a sidekick...

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

Given his persona, he's be a hero. Or at least a hero's hand.

Which has put the reverse idea of that Idle Hands movie into my mind now. Someone like me loses his hands and gets a paladin's hands grafted onto the stumps, and THEY JUST WON'T STOP DOING NICE THINGS.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Which has put the reverse idea of that Idle Hands movie into my mind now. Someone like me loses his hands and gets a paladin's hands grafted onto the stumps, and THEY JUST WON'T STOP DOING NICE THINGS.
    ...I'd watch it.

For added irony, you probably had the idea of taking the Paladin's hands. Probably had them grafted on in front of him too.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

Paladin Academy: Part 29
    -Cast-
    Mangosta
    Viola

Spoiler
    Show
    Viola was frozen in place. Fear spread through her entire body, which was just on the verge shaking. Her breathing shallowed to almost a dead stop. Her heart beat once before it seemed to stop in place. Everything was reacting to the horrifying truth she was faced with.

He knew she was there...

The Demon King stood up out of the large stone chair. A deep grunting noise escaped his throat, showing that he was chuckling. He turned to face the pillar, speaking out to her.
    "There's no point in hiding. I could smell you the moment I entered the room. Human scent is so foul, I can easily recognize it. Though I'll admit, you smell much nicer than Grim. Your scent is actually tolerable."
    His large claw like hands flexed once, while Viola heard his large leathery wings shift. Her eyes darted around the balcony to the many openings to other tunnels. The closest opening found itself under her main attention.
    "Now, why don't you make it easy on yourself and come on out..."
    Viola then burst out into a full run straight into the cave opening. Every part of her being was bent on just one objective. Put as much distance between her and the Demon King. She heard a deep sigh behind her.
    "I guess we're doing this the hard way. But that's alright. It's the way I prefer."

Suddenly, she saw a brilliant white glow of a shock wave speed along the edge of the tunnel past her as the sound of something heavy landed right on the balcony where she had been. She moved as fast as she could, wherever her legs took her. The faint vibrations of footsteps were heard behind her, growing closer each step. Finally, she emerged into a large cavern. At a glance, she noticed it looked like a natural formation of a cave unlike the throne room she had come from. Unfortunately, she saw no other tunnels for her to go through. This cavern was a dead end. With the footsteps behind her approaching quickly, she dived behind one of the many stalagmites and flattened herself against it. Her were held wide open as she brought her right hand to cover her mouth. Her heart beat loudly in her chest and she was afraid it would give her away.

Then the sound she was dreading was heard as the large footsteps entered the chamber.
    "Run into a dead end have you? How unfortunate."
    Fear gripped her chest to the point it felt like clawing out her heart. She counted the beats of her heart, which had now slowed to a quiet beat. She could hear and sense the large demon moving around the chamber, looking for her. The Demon King moved around slowly and deliberately, making the entire process drag out. Then suddenly, there was silence. Tears started leaking out of her eyes as the fear somehow managed to rise even higher. She could now no longer sense where he was. Several eternities passed with her as rigid as stone. Slowly, she saw faint movement out of the corner of her right eye. Turning her head just as slowly, she looked around. Her face was within a foot of the face of Mangosta himself. Both his glowing red eyes were upon her and the black slits of the pupils narrowed. His jaw widened into a menacing smile, revealing his jagged, razor sharp teeth. Very softly, he spoke out to her.
    "I found youuuuu..."

Viola then tried to turn to run, but at the same instant a large claw-like hand grabbed her, almost burying her entirely within it. Suddenly, she felt her self being tossed over Mangosta's shoulder to the opposite wall. She flipped and spun through the air until she landed loudly on her back and fell down onto the floor.

She was dazed and disoriented, as she struggled to get on all fours. She felt the vibrations of Mangosta approaching once again. Her vision cleared as she looked up to see the Demon King's form standing over her. His wings once again flexed with anticipation.
    "So, little paladin. Shall we play a little game?"
    Viola lunged forward and tried to run between his legs, but he jumped with a few flaps of his wings, and then landed on top of her. His left clawed foot had pinned her down on the ground as he shifted his weight. Cracks were heard all around her.
    "Very good. I would've hate to have things become boring. Though you are becoming a bit of a disappointment with this game of cat and mouse, paladin."

Viola managed to get her arm free and was wrestling pointlessly with the Demon King's foot. After a minute of struggling, she grit her teeth together. She looked up at the 18 foot form of the Demon King and thought about her promise to Kurama. Warmth spread throughout her arm as she held it out stretched, facing the Demon King's face.
    "My name... is Viola!"
    A blast of sound erupted from her palm and hit the Demon King's face dead on. He jumped back in surprise and Viola took the advantage to quickly rise to her feet. In a fluid movement, she pulled her sword out of it's sheath and held it over her head. Mangosta recovered and began to lunge at her. Feeling the intense heat in the sword, she swung it down, breaking the resistance that was developing around it.
    "Shattering Shockwave!"

The air in front of her cracked once again. The form of Mangosta was suddenly pushed back at an alarming speed into the wall behind him. Several stalactites as well as part of the wall crumbled down, burying him completely. Viola dropped to one knee and placed her hand out to steady her. The sudden drop of energy had surprised her and she was panting heavily. She reached to the hidden compartment and pulled out the potion. After a quick drink to replenish her energy, she placed it back into the compartment. She stood up and looked at the rock pile. She then pulled out the clock device. It registered that it was about nine in the morning back in her realm. She placed the device back in the compartment and then turned to leave. She was going to try for another hour to disable the magic device before she would try and leave the demonic realm since the Demon King seemed finished.

After a few footsteps away, she suddenly stops. The rock pile started stirring and crumbling to the ground. She turned around to see the Demon King emerge from the rock pile. Cuts were seen all over its body with a black liquid gushing out of them. However, the black blood quickly withdrew back into the wounds and they healed over, leaving the Demon King unharmed before her.
    "Ow. Now that actually kinda hurt. I was definitely not expecting that."
    He steps out of the pile and stand before her.
    "That was certainly a very interesting ability you just did."
    He exhaled and a bit of flame escaped his mouth. He tilted his head to both sides, causing a sickening crack sound to appear when he did so.
    "Okay then. Enough with the warm ups."
    He bent down closer to stare directly into her eyes.
    "Go ahead. Give me your best shot."

That was my best shot...
    She thought out loud to herself. She was not expecting the Demon King to heal rapidly like Grim. Why did all the bad guys she had to face have this ability? She backed two steps away from Mangosta and looked around. She noticed that the opening was right behind her, but would she get to it in time?

She took her chances and ran for it as fast as she could. She could hear the rumbling of the Demon King behind her as she fled. She was so close to the opening of the tunnel, until a large clawed hand swiped around and pinned her to the wall. She pried at his fingers, but it was no use. She then took the sword in her hand and stabbed Mangosta. With her sword vibrating, it cut into him like butter, causing the black blood to gush out. But if this hurt him, he didn't reveal it. Instead, the hand tightened down on Viola, causing her to flinch and let go of her sword. With his other hand, her removed the sword as if removing a thorn.

He brought the sword up to eye level and studied it.
    "Interesting. Your sword is different than Grim's. Smaller and more agile."
    He bent down closer to it.
    "But of course, there is the secret to your powers. The Paladinis Crystal that you have inherited. Grim told me he can't willing leave ten feet from it, but why is that?"
    He looked down at Viola. Fear grew inside of her as he smiled his menacing smile.
    "Let's find out what happens when a paladin is separated from their crystal. Shall we?"

He then gripped her tightly in his hand as he turned and walked out of the cave into the tunnel. The sounds of his footsteps echoing around him.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-10-25 at 03:36 PM.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

I've decided I like Shattering Shockwave better. So that's what I'll leave it as. I'll go back and change the other part so that it's like that there to in a little while. Again, sorry for being so late on updating it. The tree falling on the house was unexpected.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Colossus in the Playground

This is gonna suck for Viola, won't it...

22. - Top - End - #382
    Bugbear in the Playground

Why DO all villains get that power? Great work as always Silver. (also, that private challenge is currently being postponed)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

23. - Top - End - #383

... Wow. Viola...

Love wins. S'agapo.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    Why DO all villains get that power? Great work as always Silver. (also, that private challenge is currently being postponed)
    Private challenge?

Edit: Oh wait...>.>
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2010-08-22 at 12:00 AM.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

OHSHI-
    Wait.
    Who wants to bet that the crystal will Not allow him to remove it? Like, the sword will travel through his body to her or something? (Grins)

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

OHSHI-
    Wait.
    Who wants to bet that the crystal will Not allow him to remove it? Like, the sword will travel through his body to her or something? (Grins)
    I would like to say that it is possible to guess what is to come in the story. I will not be like The Giant and change my story in anyway to make sure you're wrong. If you manage to guess right, I will just shrug and keep writing. That is all.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I would like to say that it is possible to guess what is to come in the story. I will not be like The Giant and change my story in anyway to make sure you're wrong. If you manage to guess right, I will just shrug and keep writing. That is all.
    wait, does that mean she guessed right
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome SpyFox Doll by Recaiden
    Epic Avvie by Domochevsky
    Everything Else by Me

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by licoot View Post
    wait, does that mean she guessed right
    Or wrong...
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

Likely, it was wrong and he wanted her to know that it doesn't happen not because she guessed it, but because it just doesn't happen.

Also, Mango, you mean little thing

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

Also, Mango, you mean little thing
    I'm good at what I do.
    Spoiler
    Show