New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Paladin Academy: A Playground Inspired Story

Paladin Academy: Part 30
    -Cast-
    Viola
    Mangosta

Spoiler
    Show
    The sound of large heavy footsteps were heard echoing off the tunnel walls. The monstrous form of Mangosta was walking with purpose. His left hand hung down, holding a sword that was barely visable in his large hands. His right hand was up in front of him, holding a struggling Viola. She turned and twisted, trying to pry herself out of his hand. She clenced her teeth as she tried to push herself up and out of his hand, but to no avail. Everything from just above her stomach down to her feet was submerged in the large claw like hands of Mangosta.

She grunted loudly before yelling at him.
    "Let... me go!..."

She heard chuckling behind her. She hated the fact that she couldn't turn her body to face him. It seemed to give him more power over her, as if he needed that for the position she was in.
    "Lets think about that for a brief moment. No!"

Viola turned her head as far as it would go and tried to glare back at the Demon King. She shot him a sarcastic comment.
    "Wow, that was brief!"

Mangosta smiled even wider.
    "My dear paladin, Viola, was it? It's time for you to come to grip with the situation."
    He exited the tunnel and stopped at the balcony. He waved the hand that held Viola around, gesturing to the throne room.
    "You have come into one of the hells. My hell, to be precise. Did you honestly expect to be able to skip around and throw flowers over your shoulder from a picnic basket?"
    He then brought his hand up in front of his face, so that he could look into her eyes as he talked. He enjoyed the anger that her eyes glared out at him.
    "This is what happens when you try to mess with the demons. We don't treat intruders lightly."
    Viola tried to punch out at him with both her hands, but they fell just short of his face. She then proceeded to instead pound on the fingers that held her a few times before trying to pry herself out once again.
    "My, my... you're a feisty little one, aren't you? Oh well, it won't be long before you will be a shattered shell of yourself. Then I'll be able to devote more attention to the invasion of your realm."

Mangosta then turned and walked down another tunnel on the balcony. Viola struggled for a couple minutes before finally stopping, panting a little bit. She then tried to look back at Mangosta again.
    "Why are you doing this? What have we done to you?"

Mangosta chuckled again.
    "Nothing. You humans haven't done anything to us. In fact, we couldn't care less if you existed or not."

Viola shot back angrily at him again.
    "Then why invade us?! If you don't care about us, why do it?!"

"It's more of a fact that you humans are simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. If more time had passed, maybe you could have joined us on our goal. I know the angels are on the verge of considering to work with us. The devils have too much pride at the moment, but they'll tire of their existance soon enough."

"What are you talking about?! Angels are the absolute forms of good! Why in the world would they join you?"

Mangosta shook his head, the fiery crown throwing off a few sparks as he did so.
    "No, no. Working with us, not joining us as in they work under us. We all have a common goal we would like to achieve."

Viola raised an eyebrow.
    "And what goal would that be?"

"Recognition. Respect. Notice. We long for the gods attention again."
    He emerged out of the tunnel and Viola gasped. A enormous underground cavern lay before her. She saw many tunnels and platforms throughout the cavern in the distance. It almost looked like an underground city. In the distance, she saw the tall pillar of light that she had thought was the magic transfer device. Mangosta chuckled.
    "Marvelous, isn't it. We demons were once the proudest and glorious of the gods' creations. They created nothing but hot rock all around that stretched endlessly and we shaped it all, just for them. That was the peak of our civilization."
    Then his voice darkened and sounded vengeful.
    "And then one day, the gods grew tired of us. No longer did they answer our prayers. No longer did they give anything for us. They moved on, interested with what they were interested in. Our great civilization had become stagnant in its growth.
    He then continued to walk, down a long flight of stairs.
    "The gods then created the angels, beings that existed in the clouds. Vastly different than us demons who lived in the ground. We were angered at this new creation that the gods made. We went forth to attack them, to wipe them out. To try to regain the gods attention."
    He finally reached the bottom and then turned into another tunnel.
    "The gods did remember us after that, for a time. All they did however was create another 'Hell', one occupied with what they called 'Devils'. They gave the devils pride, making them think they were the better version of us demons. We fought many wars with them, both sides wanting to wipe out the other. And it was at this time the gods grew tired of that too."
    He continued on through the tunnel, turning into a side chamber that intersected it.
    "We only recently managed to have a peace with the devils. Those many wars were so long, that we have no idea how many other beings the gods made out of boredom. All we know now is that you humans are now in the gods favor. Unfortunately, the gods must have guessed we'd retaliate again, for we cannot enter your realm safely. Fortunately, Grim provided the key for us to be able to enter into your realm. And once we succeed with this invasion, they will have to accept that we will overcome all obstacles the gods put in front of us."

Viola was still, hearing everything from him. Was everything he said true? Were the gods really just creating things just because they could?
    "But, what if the gods decide to make another being in retaliation, just for you to fight then for many years again like the devils?"

The demon king just shrugged.
    "It matters not. Eventually the gods will have to admit defeat to us. We will endure until then."

Viola's doubts were then interrupted by loud cries of agony. They entered over a large stone bridge and she looked down. Many humans were trapped down below in this long trench under the bridge. All were naked, as far as she could tell, and were all hard at work. They were stirring different things together into many mud pits. What emerged from these mud pits were small, miniature sized demons. Larger, full grown demons were watching over them. They each held barbed, fiery whips that they lashed across the damned souls who faltered in their work.

Anger quickly rose in Viola again. She turned around as much as possible once more before yelling back at him.
    "You're just telling me a story just to keep me from struggling!"

Mangosta chuckled once again.
    "Well it worked, didn't it?"
    Viola once again started struggling as Mangosta entered into the tunnel opening on the other side of the bridge.

Finally, they emerged into another room that looked like a prison. Many large rooms with bars were placed all around. Two large, twelve foot demons with long spears stood guard. One of them indicated Viola with a "Sir?"
    "This little rat had stumbled into our realm. I want her stored here until the invasion is over."

The two demons nodded and proceeded over to one of the cages. One reached out and opened the cage. Mangosta walked over to it and tossed her inside. With a loud *snap*, the bars were shut tight. Viola quickly got up and ran to the bars, flattening herself upon them.
    "Wait! What are you going to do with me?!"

The Demon King looked down at her for a moment. Then he raised the hand that held her sword and pointed a long, sharp claw at the crystal within it. Viola felt the strain of the crystal at the very edge of how far she could be from it.
    "I'm going to take this with me. Once you're out of commission, I can prepare for the invasion in peace. Once we succeed, I will return it to you. I can't wait to see the shock on your face when you realize you're the last human alive. You will make a great, exotic pet."

And laughing greatly, the Demon King turned and walked out of the room, away from Viola. Viola felt the crystal leaving her, leaving her completely. It was like something was clawing at her mind, trying to keep itself from being dragged away. Her hands were brought to either side of her head, reacting to the pain. She rolled onto her side, eyes rolling up into her head. Her body began to shake as if she was having a seizure. She rolled over side to side, before dragging her knees up to her chest. This happened for an eternity of her writhing in pain. Finally, she stopped and laid still, one arm outstretched with the other laying on her chest. She didn't know who she was at the moment. She didn't know what was going on, or anything. Only one thing played in her mind.

Something was missing. Something was gone.

Gone. All gone...

...Gone...
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-10-25 at 07:56 PM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

Oh mai.

Interesting. Intereeeeesssstiiinnng, indeed.
    ::small whoop for the villain::
    Except you should have just killed her, you silly thing. She's going to bite you in the butt.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

3. - Top - End - #393
    Firbolg in the Playground

...if the corridor had the richest deposit of the mineral, why were there no miners?
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness View Post
    ...if the corridor had the richest deposit of the mineral, why were there no miners?
    Because who do you think the miners are? The demons? Oh no, no, no. And currently they have all the damned souls making the mud pits for new demon soldiers for the invasion. They have a large stockpile of the mineral held as a just in case if the devils ever start attacking, greatly more than what they need to invade the mortal realm with. Once the invasion is over, then they will start moving some damned souls to start mining the mineral. It's just not on their top priority list at the moment.

5. - Top - End - #395

...I never said that the demons would be the miners. And if they had one giant stockpile, then why don't the devils/angels/other-forces-that-we-don't-know-about/deus-ex-machina attack and destroy the stockpile?

I'm just saying, if they bothered looking for more sources of the metal in the first place, why aren't they excavating? They would have to have a reason to look. The only reason I could think of is to use it. In addition, if they run out of the stockpile, and only then they start mining the vein, then their forces would be temporarily unable to massively reproduce, thus giving invaders a weakness to exploit. I'm just saying, the stockpile should be used as a back-up, and not the source of the mineral. So, if the demons had any tactical sense, they would not put all of their eggs in one basket, and put some miners on it. If it is such a rich vein, it would be a minimal investment to exploit it, and it could be used to preserve the stockpile for any random invasion. It makes no sense that they would not exploit it.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Your argument is valid.

But in this case, they're treating the invasion of earth as an emergency. This is their one key chance in dozens and dozens of centuries to finally get the recognition of the gods. This has such an appeal to them that at the moment, expanding comes last. They just made a peace contract with the devils, who they know will keep the terms of the agreement, and the angels are considering on working with them in their goal, they aren't about to attack them. Any other realm with a being that the gods made have no real knowledge or reason to go on a full fledge war with the demons.

So suffice to say, they are more focused on equiping their troops then they are about gathering more resources. They know that they have a short time frame to do all of this and that's what they are focusing on. It would almost be like a country could only go to war with another country for only a day for whatever reason with the knowledge that they will not be attacked for atleast a couple decades. You wouldn't have anyone mining extra resources if you had enough supplies for the war to begin with, would you?

Also, it's a mineral, not a metal.

Edit: I've actually decided to edit that part out. I realize I was overthinking things on trying to explain why there was a dead end. Now you don't have to worry over it anymore.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2010-08-23 at 09:14 AM.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

....yikes. Mango, you horrible evil person.

You are a WONDERFUL villain.
    I'm still gonna buff Blue if he fights you.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

*Waves a black and red flag* GO VILLAIN SIDE GO!!!

I wonder if Grim is finally accepting his imprisonment, and if anyone tries to talk to him... Or if he has some plan still up his sleeve

Nice chapter again, Silver! Keep up the good work

9. - Top - End - #399
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grim....you realize since Viola will be the last human, he's going to kill you to. Anyway, amazing story Raptor. A very unique twist on the mythology of the world.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

Paladin Academy: Part 31
    -Cast-
    Nil
    Kurama
    Mordokai
    Blue
    Penny

Spoiler
    Show
    Kurama was sweating profusely in the hot sun. He tried to wipe the sweat off his forehead before he bent down again. With an almighty heave, he managed to lift up the long, heavy log into position. Several other paladins began to turn it, so that the sharpened spike area faced the hole in the gate. They had decided that they couldn't repair the gate, so they were going to set up a barricade inside, making it a choke point in case the demons invasion happened.

Kurama was panting as he went over to another heavy log. However, a gentle hand was placed on his shoulder. He turned to see that it was Nil.
    "Why don't you take a break, Kurama. You've been working really hard."

Kurama nodded and then proceeded over to the water. He filled the cup several times and drank it all, savioring the cool water. He then sat down on a bench and leaned back. He watched as several clouds floated lazily by. He felt pretty good at what they had accomplished so far, with the sun just passing high noon. Kurama leaned back against the wall, closing his eyes until...

He suddenly bolted upright, alarmed. He quickly jumped up and started running across the training grounds. He ascended the stairs of Blue's tower as fast as he could, until he barged in through the door.
    "Blue! Is Viola back yet?!"
    He then stopped. Mordokai was also in the room with Blue. The two looked like they were mapping out a strategy together. Both turned to look at him as he entered though.

Mordokai scrutinized Kurama.
    "Why would you expect her to be back yet, Kurama? She's not expected until before the sun goes down."

Kurama hesitated for a second, then turned to Blue.
    "Is she back yet, Blue?"

The yellow glowing eyes under Blue's hood blink once, before he turns and looks into a cauldron. Mordokai looked at Blue as he placed a hand over it, concentrating. Blue then stopped and turned back to Kurama.
    "No. I can't find any trace of her. She has not passed through the veil's rift into our realm."

Panic arose into Kurama's throat. He was worrying over Viola, as if something bad had happened to her. He then caught sight of Mordokai watching him and tried to hide his feelings of worry. Mordokai however, must have seen it though.
    "Kurama..."
    He slowly gets up and looks down at him with a stern look.
    "You need to let go, son. She is doing her duty, and we must do ours. Worrying over her will help no one."

Kurama opened his mouth a couple times before he managed to find his voice.
    "But sir! Something bad must have happened! I know it! We need to-"

Mordokai raised his hand to silence him.
    "Kurama, repeat for me the 7th verse of the paladin code."

"I-"

"Repeat for me."

Kurama looked at Mordokai for a second, before lowering his head, defeated.
    "A paladin does his duty to all. He holds none close to him, to avoid being lost by it."

Mordokai nodded.
    "Good. You remember."
    Kurama kept his head down. He tried to keep angry tears from forming in his eyes.
    "Kurama. I know what you're going through. The thought of losing another partner like this is quite understandable. But you duty lies here. Please return down below and help finish the barricade."

Kurama gave a shallow bow, before turning and closing the door behind him. He broke down right there, tears leaking out of his eyes. The feeling of loss and fear fully consumed him. For several minutes, he leaned against the tower wall like this. Finally, his tears dried and he made his way slowly down the stairs. Although he wasn't crying anymore, the horrible feelings inside him would not going away. A horrible icy hand hand gripped over his heart, refusing to release its hold on him.

When he reached the bottom, he looked out at all the other Paladins. So many of them were working hard, not knowing the possibility that Viola might never come back. Kurama just stood there watching them for a while, until a large crate bumped into him.
    "Oops! Oh... Woaaaah!-"
    Penny had lost her balance after she ran into him and was beginning to fall. Instinctively, Kurama reached out and grabbed her. She was hovering over the ground for a second, before Kurama helped to right herself up.
    "Sorry Kurama, I couldn't see you with this huge crate."
    She continued around him, carrying the crate over to other supplies.

Kurama followed her.
    "What are you doing Penny?"

Penny lowered down the crate next to the supplies and opened it.
    "I've been moving all of Blue's energy potions here so that we can all get some easily."
    She looked down at the many blue liquid filled vials before turning around to look up at Kurama. She turns her head to the side, puzzled.
    "Are you alright? Have you been crying?"

Kurama quickly wiped his eyes before looking back at her.
    "Y-Yeah, I'm okay-"
    He then looked into her eyes. Everything then just clicked inside him. Penny was Viola's partner too. She deserved the right to know what Viola and him had promised.
    "Actually, no."
    He looked around for a bit before looking back at Penny. Her face had a 'What's wrong?' expression.
    "You see... Viola made a promise to me that she would be back here by noon. But she hasn't even come through the portal yet. I think something may have happened to her."

Penny's face was filled with shock. She lowered her gaze from Kurama's face.
    "She's... in trouble."

Kurama nodded.
    "I'm afraid so."

Penny trembled for a bit, before she looked down, miserable.
    "Well, there's nothing we can do..."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, Mordokai won't let us go after her. And we can't disobey him."
    She turned and began to walk slowly off, still looking sad.

Kurama then recalled about how Penny was her entire life here. How she would always do whatever someone older told her to do. Even if she hated what it was.
    "How come you always do what you're told Penny? Some of the things, you really hate doing."

Penny looked back at him.
    "Because we have to. That's what were supposed to do."
    She looked off to the side.
    "Everyone else is bigger and older than me. And if it weren't for them, I wouldn't even be here."
    She shivered for a second.
    "I can't imagine what I'd do without being able to call this my home. So that's why I listen to everyone."

Kurama watched her for a second.
    "And what about Viola? Don't you care about her?"

"Of course I care about her! How could you say such a thing! Its just... we have to let her go. Mordokai will say so. I know he will."

Kurama just watched her walk off in her saddened state. He then turned around and looked out towards the broken open metal gate. He knew that Viola was out there and she needed his help. But Penny was right, Mordokai was right. He had to let her go.

He turned and looked down at the crate of potions Penny brought. Then he looked up at the other paladins. He then turned his back on the opened gate and took several steps away from it.

Hurried metal footsteps were heard on the ground. Twigs twisted and snapped as something hurriedly rushed through them. The form of Kurama was running to the forest as fast as he could go, towards the ruins. Towards the portal. He had to get to it, because he could not let her go...
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-10-25 at 08:51 PM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Interesting. NOW PLACING BETS ON KURAMA'S GREUSOME DEATH!!!
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

Avatar by Dorian Soth Thormag. Thanks a bunch.

12. - Top - End - #402

I'll bet on Kurama giving her life to get Viola out of the situation.

Sidebet on Penny saving Kurama directly before he dies.
    Last edited by Fable Wright; 2010-08-26 at 01:06 AM.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

I bet that everybody lives.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

I bet that robots will be involved somehow.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

What is this? Has this turned into one big pool?

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    "A paladin does his duty to all. He holds none close to him, to avoid being lost by it."
    So, you're Jedi, then

— Iain S. Thomas

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    So, you're Jedi, then
    Meh. Close enough. It's pretty much the sense of honor Mordokai has picked up in his life. Speaking of Mordokai, what's happened to him? He hasn't peaked in here that I know of...

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Meh. Close enough. It's pretty much the sense of honor Mordokai has picked up in his life. Speaking of Mordokai, what's happened to him? He hasn't peaked in here that I know of...
    I'unno. I talk to him on messenger about once a week, so I know he's alive. I just don't think he has much interest in the Playground anymore =/

— Iain S. Thomas

19. - Top - End - #409

I'm not sure that's a good philosophy for a paladin. I'm really big on love myself. But it may work for your paladins, so be it.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    I'm not sure that's a good philosophy for a paladin. I'm really big on love myself. But it may work for your paladins, so be it.
    Plus, Mordokai is a Paladin of a goddess of love or passion or something, if I recall >>

But I think its always fun to throw the no attachment rule into the kinks.

— Iain S. Thomas

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

Blue then stopped and turned back to Viola.
    Now, there's always a distinct possibility that I have no idea what's going on, but I don't think Viola was in the room at the time.

Anyway, here's another reason I could never be a paladin/jedi. Even if I could handle the "good" crap, or having to accept and live by someone else's morality, I can't accept the idea that I should have no strong feelings for anyone or anything.

Anyhoo, I look forward to Kurama's gruesome death at my hands. Claws. Whatever.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I bet that everybody lives.
    I bet alive-but on negative hit points.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Now, there's always a distinct possibility that I have no idea what's going on, but I don't think Viola was in the room at the time.

Anyway, here's another reason I could never be a paladin/jedi. Even if I could handle the "good" crap, or having to accept and live by someone else's morality, I can't accept the idea that I should have no strong feelings for anyone or anything.

Anyhoo, I look forward to Kurama's gruesome death at my hands. Claws. Whatever.
    Thank you for pointing that out.

I'unno. I talk to him on messenger about once a week, so I know he's alive. I just don't think he has much interest in the Playground anymore =/
    Could you tell him about paladin academy so he could read it please?
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2010-08-26 at 10:40 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

Paladin Academy: Part 32
    -Cast-
    Kurama
    Viola

Spoiler
    Show
    Kurama caught sight of the ruins in front of him. He quickly slowed down and stopped just in front of it. Out of breath, he reached to his secret compartment and took out the energy potion that he took before he left. After a quick sip, he quickly put it back and entered the ruins.

He moved as quickly as he could through the rubble and debris through the ruins. However, he had to pull his own crystal out to light the way as it became too dark to see. The stones around him were stained blue with the light from his crystal. He then looked at his crystal more closely. It seemed to him that the crystal was glowing brighter than usual. But that may be because he was in a very dark place, so it probably only looked brighter.

A faint squeaking to his left made him turn to his left. He then jumped back, uttering a curse. A rat had been inches from his face. It was watching him with those black eyes as he stared back. He then turned to continue through the ruins. He stopped as he saw that there were many rats across the floor. He paused for a second, before he continued forward with determination. He did his best to find stepping areas through the mine field of rats, and he finally managed to get past them.

Eventually, he saw a red glow coming from around a corner ahead. He quickly turned around it to see a portal with swirling chaotic patterns. He didn't hesitate, he ran forward. He knew that through that portal was Viola, and he would rescue her no matter what. He fell, yet flew through a tunnel of different masses of colors before he came staggering through the other side. He stumbled and reached his hand out to catch himself.

When he looked up, he saw a cave of hot, red rock all around. Many tunnels were positioned all around him. In the distance, he saw a tower of red light shooting straight up. Quickly, he made his way through the tunnel closest to him. He half walked, half jogged down the chamber quickly. After about twenty minutes of walking, passing several cross chambers, he heard the sound of high pitched voices up ahead around a corner. He flattened himself against the wall of the corner and listened as they came closer.

"-one ugly pet that Mangosta got. We have plenty of those hideous human souls doing our work for us. Why would he want a live one as a pet?"

"I don't know. But I dare not question him about it."

Kurama saw as two imps were floating around his eye level down the cross tunnel. His hand reached for his sword's hilt.

"What? You scared of him?"

"Heck yeah! You know what he's like. Not to mention his crown grants him- Uuurk!"

Kurama jumped out of his hiding spot and cut the imp talking clean in half. The imp burst into flames, and fell to the floor as a pile of ash. The other imp let out a high pitched squeal of panic and tried to hover higher into the air. Kurama then dived for the imp and managed to flatten it onto the wall behind it. Bringing the sword to the imp's throat, he angrily spoke to it.
    "Where's Viola?!"

"Viola?! What's a Viola?!"

Kurama banged it against the wall once angrily.
    "Don't play games with me! Where is she?!"

"What?! Do you mean that human Mangosta has locked up?"

Kurama's heart leapt, she was still alive.
    "Yes! Where is she?"

"It's over in the prison center. That way."
    The imp pointed down one of the tunnels.

Kurama looked where the imp pointed before glaring back at it.
    "You're going to take me there!"
    He then pulled the imp into a hold and then replaced his sword to his throat.
    "Now no funny business, alright? I won't hesitate to kill you!"
    The imp nodded with a whimper and then gave him directions to the prison center. Kurama only had to hide from other demons twice as the imp led him there. Each time, he placed his hand over the imps mouth and his sword closer to its throat until the demon passed. Finally, he turned down a corner and stopped. Before him was a giant stone bridge.

"Right across this bridge, that's where it is."

Kurama hesitated, before he proceeded forward cautiously. He was worried he wouldn't be able to cross it without being seen. He then breathed a sigh of relief. Two walls were on either side of the stone bridge. They stuck up about 4 and a half feet high, so he could duck and be completely hidden as he crossed. After a few minutes that seemed like an eternity, he finally managed to cross it. He heard a few cries of agony and pain, but ignored them. His priority was Viola, and that's what he was focused on.

He proceeded forward, and entered into a big room. As he looked around, he noticed that there were many caged cells placed all around. However, his focus was shifted to the two large 12 foot demons were standing guard. However, both had their backs to him and were looking into the bars of one of the cages. Kurama then saw what looked like a person laying down in it. He recognized the color of the hair instantly and knew that it was Viola. He wanted to run forward and free her, but knew he had to deal with the large demons first. He didn't think he could face them both on his own...

"HEY!! INTRUDER OVER HERE!! LOOK HERE!!"

Kurama jumped. He had completely forgotten about the imp. Without hesitating, he sliced the imp's throat and it burst into flames before dropping as ash to the floor. The two demons however, were alerted and turning around towards him. Muttering a curse under his breath, he took a few steps back. The demons advanced, gripping their spears tighter in their claw-like hands.

He then stood his ground as the closest demon was nearly upon him. It then thrust its spear down at him and he dove out of the way. He then rolled over as the other demon thrust its spear right where he was laying. He got to his feet and backed away. The demons were slow to respond to him shifting around. He reached into his hidden compartment and took his crystal out. After placing it in the sword, he concentrated on it. A deep coolness was surrounding his sword and a frost was rapidly developing around it. He dodged the demons spears a few more times before his back hit bars behind him.

He looked around and found himself cornered. Both demons stood over him, their spears poised to strike. In an act of determination, he then ran straight between the two of them. Both spears whizzed past his head as he ducked down and he ran past the demons. As he passed, he swung his sword at one of the demon's legs. The sword barely cut into the tough skin of the demon and he felt his heart freeze. How was he going to hurt these demons?

However, the demon he barely cut flinched as it felt the sword cut. The hand swept over and accidently hit the other demon in the face, causing it to stumble back a few steps. It the turned angrily towards its companion and slashed at his face. The two demons then erupted into fighting each other, cutting at each other. While this happened, Kurama looked down at the frost on his sword. An idea came to him that he never thought of doing before. Focusing, he felt the coolness run down his sword again. The frost was turning into ice along his sword until layer of ice was wrapped around his sword. He then looked back at the demons, who had stopped fighting and remembered there was an intruder. He quickly ran away from them, feeling their footsteps behind him. He timed it just right, and then turned and jumped right at the nearest demon. He shoved his sword right at the demon's chest, hoping that his idea would pay off.

The ice barely cut the skin of the demon, before it shattered under the force. However, his sword under the ice managed to squeeze through the cut into the demon itself. The demon howled with rage, before Kurama suddenly felt intense heat. He jumped back just in time as the demon burst into white hot flames before turning into ash. The other demon was maddened at the sight of its companion dying and charged forth. Kurama took a few steps back, until he felt the sensation come over him. Behind the demon ten feet away, lay his sword with his crystal sitting inside the slot. The demon's spear came down and he tried to dive forward out of the way.

The spear's point cut through the side of his leg, straight through the armor. He winced as pain lanced up it and he quickly placed his hand around the wound. He felt his own hot blood in his hands as he looked up at the demon. After considering him for a moment, the demon lifted its foot up, as if to step on him. He rolled out of the way, and tried to limp over to his sword. Something large hit him across the back, and he flew forward, sliding across the floor. He looked back to see that the demon had hit him across the room. He winced as his wound throbbed from pain. He looked around and saw his sword within arms reach.

He quickly grabbed it and prepared himself as the demon approached. He couldn't jump at it like the other demon. What was he going to do? The demon stopped, a smile playing on itss face. It raised the spear, ready to kill him. He then rolled to the side, but not fast enough. The spear managed to graze his side, pinning him to the ground. He let out a gasp of pain as the demon laughed above him. He then grabbed the spear in both hands and concentrated as hard as he could. The spear rapidly grew cold and ice ran up along it. When the ice reached the demon's hand, it quickly formed around it too.

The demon stopped laughing and looked at the ice quickly forming around it's hand. It tried to pry its hand off the spear, but couldn't. Finally, it kicked the spear and it broke in half. The demon stumbled and fell forward, shattering the spear point embedded in Kurama. Kurama rolled over and managed to crawl out of the way as the demon fell to the ground. The demon didn't pay any attention to him as it was still trying to get the ice off it's hand. Kurama turned back to face the demon struggling with the ice. The pain was almost unbearable at this point. Suddenly, one of the demon's fingers broke off as the demon struggled. The demon let out a whimper of fear, as it tried to reattach the finger back on.

An idea struck Kurama and hobbled over to the demon. The demon looked up just as Kurama shoved his hands on the demon's face. The blood on his hands was the first thing to freeze over, but the ice quickly spread over the demon's entire face and surrounding head. The demon reacted with a start and tried to struggle, but shortly it stopped moving altogether. Kurama fell back as the demon started to erupt into a torrent of white hot flames. When nothing but ashes lay before him, he collapsed on the ground. His eyes were slowly closing as the energy began to leave him.

Slowly, he willed himself back awake and pushed himself up. He then slowly reached for the hidden compartment in his armor. He took a sip to waken himself some more, before he used the potion's added effect. He placed the vial over the wound at his side and poured the blue liquid over it. He gasped with pain as the blue liquid hissed and bubbled into blue foam. After a minute, the foam settled and the wound was completely sealed. Kurama poured a little more of the liquid on and the armor began to reseal itself back together. He then repeated the process to his leg, and was therefore able to get back to his feet. He looked back at the vial, only to feel disheartened. There was only a small bit left in it.

He put the vial back in the hidden compartment and then hurried over to Viola's prison cell. He stopped at the bars as he looked in. Viola had not moved at all as he fought the demons. It didn't seem natural to Kurama. Quickly, he placed his hands on the hinges and froze them, allowing him to break them off. He then rushed in to Viola's side and scooped her up in his arms.
    "Viola! Viola can you hear me?!"

Viola's eyes were half closed, gazing off into the distance. She didn't react at all to his touch. Quietly, she was muttering something under her breath.
    "Gone... It's all gone..."

Kurama tried shaking her.
    "Snap out of it Viola! It's me, Kurama! Can you hear me?!"

"Gone... It's gone... Gone."

"What's wrong Viola?! What's gone...?!"
    He suddenly stopped. He noticed then that her sword was missing, and quickly put two and two together.
    "He has your crystal... doesn't he? The Demon King..."

...All gone...It's all gone..."

Kurama then felt himself tense up. He picked Viola up into his arms, holding her to his chest.
    "Don't worry Viola. I'll get it back. I will get your crystal back from the Demon King!"
    Kurama then turned with Viola in his arms and quickly proceeded out of the cell towards the exit. Towards wherever the Demon King might be.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-10-26 at 12:36 AM.

25. - Top - End - #415

Ok, then... *waits for Kurama's gruesome death*
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, I need some more titles for the parts again. Care to help everyone?

27. - Top - End - #417

24: Grim's plan
    25: Viola's decision
    26: Kurama's fear
    27: Gearing up
    28: Journey into the Abyss
    29: Trapped!
    30: A little story...
    31: Kurama's duties
    32: Demon's weakness

That's what I can think of.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418

In chapter 31, I made myself cry. In chapter 32 I found myself to be pretty awesome, and it looks like I just turned into a main chaacter.

Oh um yeah... I'm Kurama. Just a name change. Again.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

29. - Top - End - #419

In chapter 33, you have a high probability of dying.

(Just curious, why lil' shiro? (Also, for those of you who don't know, Shiro is Japanese for "White".))
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #420

Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness View Post
    In chapter 33, you have a high probability of dying.

(Just curious, why lil' shiro? (Also, for those of you who don't know, Shiro is Japanese for "White".))
    No, I didn't think of myself as Lil' Whitey when I picked that name.

It's a nickname given to Toshiro Hitsugaya of Bleach.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf