New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Paladin Academy: A Playground Inspired Story

Never heard that nickname in the series, though.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Momo always called him it when they were living together. (you know, before they became Soul Reapers)
    And apparently Ukitake calls him it in one of the Illustrated Guide to Soul Reapers at the end of the episodes.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    No, I didn't think of myself as Lil' Whitey when I picked that name.

It's a nickname given to Toshiro Hitsugaya of Bleach.
    Why not? Hitsuguya is epic.

...Yeah, I reckon you're gonna die soon. DX (pity hug)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness View Post
    24: Grim's plan
    25: Viola's decision
    26: Kurama's fear
    27: Gearing up
    28: Journey into the Abyss
    29: Trapped!
    30: A little story...
    31: Kurama's duties
    32: Demon's weakness

That's what I can think of.
    Thank you. Some of the parts I came up with a different title while I was doing this, but wouldn't have been able without you. So I thank you again.

And thus, I would like anyone on regular contact with Mordokai and Penny to try and direct them in here. It's kind of disheartening to have 3 of my main characters not reading a story about them. (Viola is understandable, though)
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

5. - Top - End - #425

Speaking of Penny, anyone heard from her? She's been mysteriously gone for a full four months now, save those two occasions she's popped back in for one day.

Oh, Viola said she'd try to come back in two years, right? It would be awesome if this series's conclusion coincided with her return. I know, wishful thinking, but still...
    Last edited by Blue Ghost; 2010-08-27 at 05:53 PM.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Speaking of Penny, anyone heard from her? She's been mysteriously gone for a full four months now, save those two occasions she's popped back in for one day.

Oh, Viola said she'd try to come back in two years, right? It would be awesome if this series's conclusion coincided with her return. I know, wishful thinking, but still...
    Considering the ideas I've been coming up with, not likely...

But ya, keep an eye out for Mordokai and Penny for me.

Also, I'm suprised no one questioned why Viola seems to be suffer worse from crystal withdrawl than Grim. I mean, Grim could even talk coherently and Viola's a vegetated broken record. Just thought I'd put that out there to start some wild speculation. (And no, it's not because he's a boy and she's a girl. That would be retarded if I did something like that.)

7. - Top - End - #427

It's probably because it's a high-magic zone, or because Grim had distanced himself with the paladin's code, and thus further withdrawal.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #428
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Been away for a couple of weeks. Just read the last 3 chapters. Great stuff again. Keep up the suspense!

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

I would like to apologize to everyone. I should have an update on the next part by now, but I'm having a writers block at the moment. I know exactly what I want to achieve, but I'm having trouble deciding how to achieve it. So again, I'm sorry for the delay, and thank you for everyone's patience.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Paladin Academy: Part 33
    -Cast-
    Mangosta
    Kurama

Spoiler
    Show
    Kurama walked down an endless stretch of tunnels for almost an hour. His arms burned after carrying Viola everywhere through the Demon's Hell. As he rounded a curve, he found a hollow spot along the inner part of the wall. It was deep enough and blended together well that Kurama knew he could hide there and rest for a bit. After readjusting His hold on Viola, he carried her into the hollow spot and then collapsed within it.

He didn't know what was going to happen. The place was huge, stretching in all directions for eternity. How was he going to find Viola's crystal in this place. Especially with Viola being in a vegetative state that she was. He looked over at her, slumped against the wall. She hadn't changed at all since he carried her out of the prison, still muttering that it was gone. And he knew it was only a matter of time before it was discovered that she was no longer in the prison the demons had.

As he lay there, worrying over the problem, he felt the ground tremble. It grew louder and louder, starting and stopping like something was walking down the tunnel. He quickly went over to Viola and flattened themselves out of sight. He placed his hand over her mouth to muffle her muttering. His breathing became very light as the footsteps approached. He could hear low grunting sounds of voices approaching. Then a deeper, more sinister voice was heard in the group.

"My decision is my own. And if any grunt wants to question it further, they will find themselves suddenly nonexistent."
    Suddenly, the largest of the footsteps stopped. The other footsteps carried on for a little bit before they all stopped to. Kurama was completely alarmed now. The demons had all stopped just outside of where they were hiding. A demon called back questioningly back to the largest Demon. Kurama, bent forward a bit to see two curved horns with a floating fire crown nestled between them. He instantly understood that this had to be the Demon King. Faintly, he thought he heard the Demon King sniff the air for a few seconds. Then the Demon King spoke out again, his voice sounding slightly amused.
    "It has come to my attention that some of the demons may want to look at the trophy crystal I took from the paladin. I want everyone to understand that that crystal is off limits to everyone. Spread the word that my throne room is only to be entered if something calls for my attention, since thats where my trophy will remain. For the new demons formed, tell them that this hall will eventually lead to my throne room, so it would be best that they avoid walking down this tunnel entirely."
    The demon's all mutter incoherent bouts of confusion to each other, before the Demon King yelled at them.
    "Get going, you imps!"

The demons all hurried away, back down where they had just came, leaving the Demon King alone in the hallway. Or almost alone. Kurama was listening intently as the Demon King stood there breathing for a few seconds. Then, it turned and continued down the tunnel, away from him. Kurama breathed a sigh of relief, but then his thoughts started to analyze what just happened. Why did the Demon King just tell the other demons where his throne room was. Surely they would've all known where it was on there own. Did the Demon King know he was there...

Kurama just sat there for a moment, thinking over everything. Why did the Demon King lead the other demons away? Was he wanting to deal with Kurama himself? Kurama now suspected that the throne room had now been turned into a trap. But he had to go to it. If Viola's crystal really was there, he had to go to try and retrieve it. He looked down at her laying on the ground. He would have to take her with him. He couldn't leave her by herself in her current state.

After carefully picking her up, he made his way down the tunnel. After a few minutes, the tunnel lead to two giant stone doors with intricate carvings. He knew at once that this had to be the throne room. Several other tunnels connected to the tunnel he just came from and he wondered if the Demon King went off down one of those instead. But instantly, his common sense told him no, that the Demon King was probably waiting for him in the throne room.

He took a deep breath, dreading what might happen behind those doors. He took a couple steps forward and pushed on the door. After some effort, it slowly and quietly started to swing open a crack. Kurama peaked inside, and after seeing nothing, continued to push the door open wider. He looked around the Demon King's throne room, seeing many pillars and what looked like two balconies on either side of the room. A large stone chair sat on an elevated platform on the other side of the room facing him. As he studied the chair, he saw a faint glowing light of purple emanating from one of the arm rests.

Hope spread through him as he quickly realized it was Viola's sword with the crystal still inside. He took three hurried steps toward it, before he was suddenly knocked aside by something large and powerful. He was flown sideways into one of the pillars and slid down to the ground. Viola tumbled off on her own, only to stop near the sidewall. Kurama, quickly gathered himself together and looked up. He saw the gigantic form of the Demon King slowly emerge from behind one of the large pillars. His fangs gleamed as he smiled at Kurama.

"Just as I thought. You paladins are so incredibly stupid. That was one of the first things I learned about from Grim."
    His eyes trail over to Viola laying on the floor a ways off.
    "Ah! And I see you were implementing a jail break as well. Excellent."
    The glowing red eyes turned back to Kurama as he stood up all the way, drawing his sword from its sheath.
    "So paladin, what do they call you?"

Kurama glared at the Demon King with malice in his eyes. His crystal glows brighter in reaction to the powerful emotions he was feeling.
    "I'm Kurama! Now give Viola back her crystal, demon!"

The Demon King chuckled.
    "How touching. You paladins must really care about each other to risk your lives in such a way. And please, call me Mangosta when you're refering to me informally."
    Mangosta steps over so that he is right between Kurama and the large stone chair. His wings flexed with anticipation.
    "So Kurama, you can defeat two elite classed demons by yourself can you? Then lets play a little game. A wager if you will."
    He gestures to the chair behind him.
    "Behind me is your dear Viola's crystal. You can have it of course, if you can get past me."
    He brought up a large clawed hand in a challenging manner.
    "Lets see what you're made of, paladin. Can you defeat me where your Viola failed? Lets find out, shall we?"
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-10-26 at 12:46 AM.

11. - Top - End - #431

*Waits for Kurama's death sequence*
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

(prepares a Free Resurrection spell for Kurama) ;_;
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

13. - Top - End - #433

Griffon

Ooooh, good chapter Silver Raptor! Can't wait for this fight as I genuinely don't know who will win! Good stuff!

14. - Top - End - #434

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    Ooooh, good chapter Silver Raptor! Can't wait for this fight as I genuinely don't know who will win! Good stuff!
    Seriously, you don't know ho will win, mangosta beat viola without breaking a sweat
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome SpyFox Doll by Recaiden
    Epic Avvie by Domochevsky
    Everything Else by Me

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by licoot View Post
    Seriously, you don't know ho will win, mangosta beat viola without breaking a sweat
    Especially since demons don't sweat.

16. - Top - End - #436

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Especially since demons don't sweat.
    *facepalm*
    I mean he didn't do whatever demons do when there tired.
    drool
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome SpyFox Doll by Recaiden
    Epic Avvie by Domochevsky
    Everything Else by Me

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

*facepalm*
    I mean he didn't do whatever demons do when there tired.
    drool
    I was kidding, of course.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

This is a story written by a hero, for heroes.
    I know who will win in the end

Stupid heroes...muttermutter

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

19. - Top - End - #439

Griffon

BUt what if Viola wakes up gets her sword and then it's two Paladins against Mangosta? Granted I don't think they'll kill him, but they might get away! and one of them might die! *cough*Kurama*cough*

20. - Top - End - #440

Goddammit! Can I just enjoy my upcoming fight scene with out being told I'm gonna die?! Also, if Penny cones to help me I'm gonna be sooooo mad.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Men, women, children... none will be spared my wrath. Your death is insignificant.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

22. - Top - End - #442

Griffon

Goddammit! Can I just enjoy my upcoming fight scene with out being told I'm gonna die?! Also, if Penny cones to help me I'm gonna be sooooo mad.
    Apologies! It shall be a glorious fight in which you shall transcend into a glowing whirling dervish of power, unlocking your ultimate attack- shocking Mangosta and escaping with Viola and her sword!
    Long Live Kurama *waves a flag*

23. - Top - End - #443

Nah, he's going to die.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah, he's going to die.
    I don't know. Luck may just be on Kurama's side yet.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Don't worry, death never sticks. XP

26. - Top - End - #446

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    Apologies! It shall be a glorious fight in which you shall transcend into a glowing whirling dervish of power, unlocking your ultimate attack- shocking Mangosta and escaping with Viola and her sword!
    Long Live Kurama *waves a flag*
    Yay!

Nah, he's going to die.
    Way to ruin the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    That didn't make me feel any better.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

That didn't make me feel any better.
    I'll word it better.
    (prepares a True Resurrection and a batch of cookies)

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost
    This is a story written by a hero, for heroes.
    I know who will win in the end

Stupid heroes...muttermutter
    Well, luckily it is Heroes. In plural. Which means one or two of them might die before the conclusion plays itself out

Nice work once again, Silver! I am glad this story keeps going despite all the hijinks of RL trying to stop it from doing so
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2010-09-03 at 10:36 AM.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you. And I'm thinking of updating the next part shortly. In addition, an idea came to me of writing another story along side this one, but with completely fictional characers and a completely different world setting. I'm still working it out though, so it may be a while. But just letting you all know if you're interested.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    It does if you do it right.

Remember, my IC persona is an assassin that takes professional offense at people coming back from the dead under any circumstances.
    Last edited by mangosta71; 2010-09-03 at 01:48 PM.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.