New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Paladin Academy: A Playground Inspired Story

Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Just read the cast thing. And the whole story again. I find it highly amusing that you seem to have made yourself into a dead character, Silverraptor

I figured Ajadea sounded name-ish enough for my character.
    I did that on purpose. If I am allowed to at all be in a story, my ego will take over and suddenly I would be the main character. So to resist temptation, I killed myself off. As you may notice, my ego still got in the way a bit when I was writing how I died, by having me die in a honorable fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I like this story. You have my permission to put me in as a non-paladin character, cause I'm too me to be a paladin, know what I mean?
    Another Non-paladin coming right up. And your nickname in the story is?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I did that on purpose. If I am allowed to at all be in a story, my ego will take over and suddenly I would be the main character. So to resist temptation, I killed myself off. As you may notice, my ego still got in the way a bit when I was writing how I died, by having me die in a honorable fashion.

Another Non-paladin coming right up. And your nickname in the story is?
    "Razzy" or "Razz" will do.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "Razzy" or "Razz" will do.
    Alright. Now send me a pm on whether you want to be a hero or a villian. Thank you.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Paladin Academy: Part 24
    -Cast-
    Viola
    Mordokai
    Nil
    Blue
    Kurama
    Penny
    Grim

Spoiler
    Show
    Viola stopped just outside of the door and took a steadying breath. She then reached out and opened the door. Cautiously she, Kurama, and Penny worked their way into the room. Mordokai, Nil, and Blue were all standing together facing what looked like a hole in the wall. On closer inspection, it appeared that the hole was formed by magic as the edges were glowing and vibrating with a bluish glow. What the hole revealed was another blank room. A table and several chairs were positioned in it with Grim sitting in one of them. He stared straight forward, not moving at all.

Nervously, Viola spoke up.
    "Ummm... You wanted to see me, Mordokai?"

Nil and Blue looked over at Viola while Mordokai didn't move, still staring at Grim.
    "Yes. We want to try something that involves you."

Viola raised her eyebrows in suprised.
    "Try something... involving me?"

Nil nodded at her.
    "So far, Blue hasn't been able to see much of Grim's memories."

Kurama spoke.
    "How come?"

Blue answered.
    "Probing one's thoughts is much easier when one is thinking themself. We need Grim to being active mentally, but we can't risk giving him his crystal."

"So what does that have to do with me?"

Mordokai spoke again.
    "We would like you to go in and try to spark a reaction from him."

Kurama and Penny replied with shock.
    "What?!"

"You want to put her in the same room with him?!"

Viola however was more confused than scared at the moment.
    "How would talking to him provoke a reaction? I thought he was in a vegetative state."

"He does appear to be, yet he can still talk when he wants to. However, he seems to refuse to say much to me or Mordokai."

"Which is why he might respond to you, Viola. The only person to ever defeat him in real combat. We hope that seeing you will incite some kind of reaction from him."

Viola looked out through the hole back at Grim.
    "Are you sure?"

"It was the best idea we could come up with."

Viola nodded.
    "Well, with four paladins and a wizard to back me up, I guess no real harm can come from it. I bet Blue could blast him in one spell."

Blue however, shrunk away from this comment. His hands tighten around the staff in his hand, tense. Mordokai spoke up quickly, still not moving.
    "Blue doesn't use offensive spells anymore."
    The tone in his voice suggested that there was something that had happened in the past. However, it also implied that she shouldn't question the matter.

Viola looked back at Grim, and then skimmed to the side of the hole where a stone door was set. She slowly approached it and reached out to open it. Behind her, Kurama and Penny whispered there worry to her.
    "Be careful, Viola!"

"Don't worry, I will."
    And she stepped inside. She closed the door behind her quietly and looked at the wall where the hole was suppose to be. There was only a stone wall. Grim reacted instantly, and turned his head toward her. His eyes were no longer blank, but were filled with anger and loathing. Viola stepped over and pulled a chair out. She sat down and was facing one of the walls, trying not to look at Grim.
    "Well...uh...Hi?"
    Grim didn't answer. She could still feel his eyes staring at her. She clenched her right hand before continuing.
    "I guess we don't really know each other much. I only saw you one time before our fight and only heard everyone else's opinions about you."
    Silence.
    "Um... Well you may have guessed that I'm still kinda new to everything. I can't believe that I actually won that."
    More silence. Viola sighs.
    "I don't know what to do..."
    She looked down at her feet, quietly trying to think of something else to say.

Several minutes pass and Viola begins to think that she was just wasting her time. She was just about to get up and leave before she heard laughing behind her. She whipped around to see Grim laughing maniacally at the table in front of him.
    "I get it, Mordokai. I guess Blue has had a pretty good look into my memories these past few minutes."
    He looks up at the wall opposite him and speaks, as if he knew there was a hole right there.
    "You were quite right. I couldn't keep myself composed with her in the same room as me. Oh how Blue can tell you how much I want to kill her right now."
    He slowly gets up and Viola quickly does the same. She steps back, but to her surprise Grim walks around the table away from her and stands right before the wall.
    "Well, I wouldn't want you to have the wrong impressions, so I'll fill you in on everything. Several miles away are some ancient runes buried in the foliage. The ruins are dedicated to Theraneous's brother, Hesirule. Inside at the very back is a small portal that leads to the demonic realm of the nine hells."
    He smiles wider, probably imagining Mordokai's face.
    "It is there that I have been for several months, understanding the truth about everything. It was there that I unlocked my crystal, in front of the Demon King Mangosta."
    Grim looked at Viola before looking back at the wall.
    "He is planning an invasion, starting tomorrow after the sun sets. His army of demons will come and reduce this pathetic fortress to rubble. So now I'm curious on what will happen. Looking at the situation, there's only one person you can send to try and stop him, Mordokai. You know what I mean, but does she?"
    He turned to face her, still grinning happily.
    "So, Viola, can you stop the Demon King? I would like to find out."
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-10-24 at 01:10 AM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

This may be a little confusing, but I will explain it in the next part. For Viola will be just as confused as you all will probably be.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Firbolg in the Playground

Nice story, and an introduction to the main plot line. This seems about where the non-paladin characters come in.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Demon Kings, Hell, Wars and Invasions...and with a cliffhanger ending! Two good updates Silverraptor!

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Heh heh... At least Grim is given a chance to be snarky. Well, that is about as much as he can do right now at any rate, but it is amusing detail

Good job again, Silver! I am looking forward to seeing the main plotline start out

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

I honestly didn't see that one coming.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

10. - Top - End - #190
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ah, so ol' Mangosta is the bad guy again? I haven't interacted much with him, but I have heard his name spoken with dread many a time.
    ... Well, that's an interesting detail about Blue. Kinda makes sense, though this story doesn't really mesh with SMBG canon.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Ah, so ol' Mangosta is the bad guy again? I haven't interacted much with him, but I have heard his name spoken with dread many a time.
    ... Well, that's an interesting detail about Blue. Kinda makes sense, though this story doesn't really mesh with SMBG canon.
    What made you think it did?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Colossus in the Playground

You know, there are a lot of bad guys named the Demon King. I can think of two right off the top of my head.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    You know, there are a lot of bad guys named the Demon King. I can think of two right off the top of my head.
    I know. But Demon King sounds better.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm...would a demon king still rule by divine right?
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Whoooaaaah awesome updates! Also thank you Silverraptor. XD

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    So Lix is an idiot?
    Nice. Loveyoutoo.

Actually, Grim here isn't anything like Sasuke. Sasuke is an asexual treacherous bastard who doesn't show emotion other than hate and anger.
    Grim shows amusement, and could quite easily be not asexual. As Lix in the story dearly, dearly hopes. ;P
    Although admittedly, he is still a treacherous bastard...
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Actually, Grim here isn't anything like Sasuke. Sasuke is an asexual treacherous bastard who doesn't show emotion other than hate and anger.
    Grim shows amusement, and could quite easily be not asexual. As Lix in the story dearly, dearly hopes. ;P
    But you still like me, don't you? Admit it, being a trecherous bastard increases one's charisma

And he does show many feelings, sure. Amusement, murderous rage, smugness, insane amusement, cold rage, sarcasm....

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Pffft. It doesn't exactly HURT. XD

Ooh, insane amusement! Mwahaha-mineisanevillaugh!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Pffft. It doesn't exactly HURT. XD

Ooh, insane amusement! Mwahaha-mineisanevillaugh!
    Heh heh

And how do I get a feeling that not everything in this situation is as it seems? I doulbt that Grim evolves into Magnificent Bastard, as he seems like pretty straightforward villain, but I would say he is far from finished.

All in all, I find his past and fall somewhat tragic, but the effect is lessened due to him being such a jerk. Well, I guess we will have to wait till next chapters to see what happens
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2010-07-26 at 10:14 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Whoooaaaah awesome updates! Also thank you Silverraptor. XD

Nice. Loveyoutoo.

Adding amusement to hate and anger kind of makes things worse, in my opinion.

20. - Top - End - #200

Quote Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
    Adding amusement to hate and anger kind of makes things worse, in my opinion.
    Adding amusement makes better reading, but makes it far, far worse for whoever guy with the hate and anger targets it on.

The best example of this is the Joker
    Last edited by licoot; 2010-07-26 at 04:19 PM.
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome SpyFox Doll by Recaiden
    Epic Avvie by Domochevsky
    Everything Else by Me

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

I didn't realize this story was still being written until I got that PM...

Demon King...primary villain...this is unusual for me - I tend to be the amoral, opportunistic type of evil that fits better in a supporting villain role. Still, this turn of events pleases me. And Grim unlocked his crystal's power while training in my domain? Interesting. This implies that these power crystals are known there, and quite possibly used. Could be that that's where they come from in the first place. I don't consider it likely, but the possibility of all these goody-two-shoes paladins gaining their powers from a demonic source makes me chuckle.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

22. - Top - End - #202

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    I doulbt that Grim evolves into Magnificent Bastard, as he seems like pretty straightforward villain

Hmmm, 'Magnificent Bastard', is that some king of Villain Prestige Class?

23. - Top - End - #203

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    Hmmm, 'Magnificent Bastard', is that some king of Villain Prestige Class?
    You have no idea how much I want that to be true
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome SpyFox Doll by Recaiden
    Epic Avvie by Domochevsky
    Everything Else by Me

24. - Top - End - #204
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ahh, I've been away for a bit but when I come back I'm greeted by TWO new paladin academies!

Wonderful work as always. I find the best part of these series are the small things that slip in that make you think. Blue doesn't use offensive spells for example-it adds far more depth to him as well as a backstory.

Still its DEMON SLAYING TIME!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

I know Rabbit's a Paladin (still wondering how that happened ), and I'm fond of all you kiddies on Team Good, but I'm secretly super pleased about Mango's hellish invasion.
    Just sayin' <<

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe you can become my minion.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Do I get blatant favoritism?

— Iain S. Thomas

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Depends on what you're willing to do to earn it.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Depends on what you're willing to do to earn it.
    Bake you cookies (DEMONIC COOKIES) and get you coffee in the morning?
    Be your BFF FOEVA?

— Iain S. Thomas

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Bake you cookies (DEMONIC COOKIES) and get you coffee in the morning?
    Be your BFF FOEVA?
    You're essentially giving him the pitch I gave Grim. But with less kisses.