New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Godhood IC

1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: Godhood IC

Reloark
    Seeing the rift closing and than opening again, only for it to close once more, Reloark steppe though it. Better to be out than to be aeternally trapped in that waiting room.

After stepping out and seeing the work other gods already did, He took His time to inspect all creation. One by one, Reloark looked over all the planets and their respective inhabitants. So much to rule, just were to begin? Already rulers were emerging. He just came in time
    Last edited by Coldheart; 2010-06-08 at 04:30 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Moarzed

Moarzed looked down on Maxim and frowned at the antics of the Raposa. He donned his mantle of power and stepped down from the heavens to speak to the Raposa's creator, whoever or whatever it may be.
    Moarzed stepped through the lands of the ginger catfolk and the Raposa without fear or concern.
    He walked about the mountains, searching for the creator of the marauders.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Azranthar
    Azranthar floats above Limbo. Slowly, he floats towards it, expanding his shadow-like frame. Soon, he embraces Limbo, and disappears into it in order to strengthen the planet's structure and core. After a while, he emerges from it again.

Azranthar proceeds to fly to the other Gods around the multiverse, visiting them on their respected planets. He has the same message for them all:
    "Greetings again, Other One. I believe we should have a meeting, all of us, in order to lie down some ground rules, before we really get to work. Can't have us ruining eachother's work, can we now? When you are ready, come to me. We will gather there."

Azranthar tries to make himself visible somewhere near the center of the planets and moons.
    English is a second language etc etc.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Hrothlar

Hrothlar nods excitedly at Azranthar's suggestion of a conference, and goes along with him to deliver the message to the other Gods. He believes the Gods should have a forum, and suggests the center of the sun as a neutral location.
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-08 at 04:40 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35

GreataxeFighterGuy

Reloark

Getting visited by Azranthar whlie He still made His round, He found himself in agreement over what that god has said. Without Laws, only anarchy and chaos would reign.

And so after Azranthar manifested himself, Reloark soon stood beside him.

As you have called, here I am. Let us bring some order to this creative chaos that now rules all. I am Reloark. By what name are you known?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

"He is Azranthar, and I am Hrothlar."
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-08 at 04:42 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Pyric nods in agreement and taps the end of his staff on the nothingness of the void, causing a brief flash of flame, his voice ringing out loudly enough for all to hear.

AGREED! WE CALL A COUNCIL OF THE DIVINE!
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Banned

Silunus
    I will take part in the council of the gods.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

All of a sudden the earth shook. A large wave came up and shaped into a humanoid being. It was old, angry, and powerful. He looked around observing the new world that he has awoken in. With a booming, deep voice the blue skinned titan spoke.

Who Dares Disturb My Slumber!?
    High Priest of the Fellowship of Xykon's Blade.
    Member of below-average standing in the Class-Maker Guild.
    Thanks to linklele for my Avatar.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

A Meeting With Moarzed

I. Now, the accursed Moarzed descended from the heavens in search of Our Lady Of Science, but she found him first, like a fox on the hunt.
    II. He was walking among the lands of the Reposa when she came to him, smiling and welcoming him to her lands.
    III. Now, she said, is there a reason that you have come here, or are you simply curious?

A Meeting Above The Universe

Above Maxim she came once more on wings of golden fire, flying through the universe to meet the gods, as an uninvited guest. She had her ways of finding out, even though the gas-man did not come to her. As she came among them, she spoke, for thus was her nature. She could hardly not speak.

"Is this all? A cloud of gas, an ancient old man, a suit of armor, a man of fire and a man of silver? Hardly what one thinks of when one thinks of the gods - but perhaps appearances aren't everything. I must certainly hope so. What are you all?"
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2010-06-08 at 04:54 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    A Meeting With Moarzed

I. Now, the accursed Moarzed descended from the heavens in search of Our Lady Of Science, but she found him first, like a fox on the hunt.
    II. He was walking among the lands of the Reposa when she came to him, smiling and welcoming him to her lands.
    III. Now, she said, is there a reason that you have come here, or are you simply curious?
    Moarzed

I am Moarzed, creator of the catfolk, and I assume you are the creators of the Reposa. I am here to propose a glorious alliance between us, and by extension our people, to unite Maxim against our siblings.
    Spoiler
    Show

Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Is this all? A cloud of gas, an ancient old man, a suit of armor, a man of fire and a man of silver? Hardly what one thinks of when one thinks of the gods - but perhaps appearances aren't everything. I must certainly hope so. What are you all?"
    "I'm here." Torr exclaimed. "Whatchya all doing home?" He asked in a childlike tone. He had wings like a cherubim, and he was similarily clothed in sunlight. At the moment, Torr just wanted to know what was going on, why all of this activity was happening in the Sun, and what was happening.

Torr looked back and forth between all the people. "Why did you even leave home to begin with?" Confused he just sat down. "Make yourselves at, whoah." He thought. "I have been made redundant."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Thus begins...
    The First Meeting Of
    The Divine Council of Ten

Azrathar, of Death and Disease
    Lohkir, of Water and Disaster
    Moarzed, of Chaos and Cats
    Torr, of the Sun, Moon, and Magic
    Bertholeum, of Change and Joy
    Hrothlar, of Intelligence and Justice
    Pyric, of Fire and Knowledge
    Silunus, of Life and Magic
    Hodari, of Peace and Shadow
    Reloark, of Domination and Law
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-08 at 05:22 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Banned

Silunus
    For the last time, it is not "the Moon". I've never heard of that. It is not a satelitte to another planet, rather, to this star. My planet is called Eselen.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

A Meeting With Moarzed

"Creators? Do I have the appearance of more than one person? Are you insinuating that I have an overabundance of bodily fat?" And lo and behold, the goddess was shown to have a sense of humor. She steps forward, catching Moarzed's chin in her fingers and examining his face. "Well. Logically, you are correct in your assumption that I am the creator of the Raposa, and you are also correct that I would be interested in an alliance with a strong god. But are you strong? That is what I must question. Of course, were you useful to my experiments, I would be happy to help strengthen both our peoples."
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2010-06-09 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Raposa was always spelled with an "A", citizen.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Banned

An elf in a black cloak walked up to the gods. He was holding a branch with many leaves above his head, allowing him to be about halfway visible as he smiled. "It has been too long, brethren. I apologize for never revealing my form to you before but..." He pointed to the branch. "We lived our beginnings in the light, whereas i can only be seen in the dark. I am Hodari, of the Shadows, and creator of Hodra."

Hodari had revealed himself to his brethren for the first time, and he was overjoyed to meet others like him at last. Our kind will never know what was decided at that meeting, but we do know the following edicts were issued to govern the world...

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Hrothlar
    "An order of business. If only a formality, I believe we should hold an official election for the position of Arbiter among the Gods. In the case of gridlocked dispute, the Arbiter shall have the final say. He or She shall be chosen by us and can be removed by a vote of seven out of ten."

Spoiler
    Show
    ooc: the two with the highest votes in this poll will have a run-off election between the two of them. Possibly preceded by speeches, if you guys are cool with that?
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-08 at 05:19 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

RedWizardGuy

Pyric stands as a tall lithe mage, his flaming hair jumping and swaying, clearly showing his atunement to flames. His red and golden robes seeming to be in constant movement as if in a light breeze. He hold his book in one hand and his staff in the other.

I am Pyric weaver of flame and magic, creator of Gade and the dragons.
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mashimoto View Post
    "An order of business. If only a formality, I believe we should hold an official election for the position of Arbiter among the Gods. In the case of gridlocked dispute, the Arbiter shall have the final say. He or She shall be chosen by us and can be removed by a vote of seven out of ten."
    Hodari looked to him and blinked. "I'm not sure how great of an idea that is. If we decide to make an arbiter have final say, he or she will simply sway decisions in his or her favor whenever possible. If there is a deadlock the issue is most likely not important, or does not require a quick decision to be made."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Banned

Silunus
    I am Silunus, the Lord of Eselen, Creator of Life, Wielder of Magic.

[ooc my domains are Life and Magic]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kumo View Post
    "I'm not sure how great of an idea that is. If we decide to make an arbiter have final say, he or she will simply sway decisions in his or her favor whenever possible. If there is a deadlock the issue is most likely not important, or does not require a quick decision to be made."
    "The position will be a ceremonial one in all practicality, but a formality I believe we should engage in as a matter of order. In all cases, surely matters shall be decided by equal vote."
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-08 at 05:22 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

RedWizardGuy

I think first and foremost it must be agreed upon that none of us shall interfere directly with the creations of the other without permission. To do so, or to do so under false pretenses should carry some sort of punishment.
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

GreataxeFighterGuy

Reloark

Reloark nods briefly to every god that appears ro the council, then He turns to Hrothlar

You Are right. Without such a position, the quarreling of others could ruin all. I think I am most suited for this role. For my very being is attuned to uphold laws. Is there any one else that challenges my claim or thinks himself better suited for that role?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Banned

Silunus
    perhaps... Perhaps instead of choosing an existing god, we each use a measure of our power to create an impartial judge god. I also agree to not interfere

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

A Meeting With Moarzed

"Creators? Do I have the appearance of more than one person? Are you insinuating that I have an overabundance of bodily fat?" And lo and behold, the goddess was shown to have a sense of humor. She steps forward, catching Moarzed's chin in her fingers and examining his face. "Well. Logically, you are correct in your assumption that I am the creator of the Reposa, and you are also correct that I would be interested in an alliance with a strong god. But are you strong? That is what I must question. Of course, were you useful to my experiments, I would be happy to help strengthen both our peoples."
    Moarzed
    The god smiles slightly. I offer what my people offer, a steady sorce of food and more warriors when other gods decide that we are too ambitious and enevitably decide they would govern Maxim better. I also offer my own power in combination with your one to acomplish greater feats. This is the strength I claim. There is much opportunity in a world where no one has expected an attack from another.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

RedWizardGuy

Pyric turns his attention to Reloark, one of his slender prows raised.

You wish to lead us? You've contributed nothing to this universe. You have created nothing, while I created the first world.
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    Silunus
    perhaps... Perhaps instead of choosing an existing god, we each use a measure of our power to create an impartial judge god. I also agree to not interfere
    "Perhaps you are right. Perhaps it might be best to create a universal force of law that will keep us in line so long as we are willing to abide by it. It is, after all, the only wise and just thing to do."

Spoiler
    Show
    ooc: okay, so we make an impartial god run by "Sir" and what he decides (at turn end) governs our actions. However, anyone wishing to "secede" from the council can do so, and stop ruling by the law of "Sir" as a god, while still (of course) having to obey his law as GM. Sound about right? Call me a metagamer --is that possible when there isnt a rule system?-- but I see this game devolving into factions, which I think would be really cool, and Im trying to think of a way to make it work.
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-08 at 05:36 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Banned

Hodari scowls as Pyric. "Who better to lead us than one who has not, as of yet, any personal interest in this universe? However i prefer his idea." He points with the hand not holding the branch at Silunus. "If each of us contribute an equal measure of power he will not care for any one particular group... though that particular moment is one that worries me."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

A Meeting Above The Universe

"Now, I do not mean to offend, but anyone can claim themselves to be the master of law... mmm, whoever you are. But to be impartial in all matters? Certainly, I do not see anyone here capable of doing such a thing. Unless, as Silenus suggests, we create something capable of such impartiality. Therefore, I humbly offer to design such a judge, out of the tenderness of my heart." How strange that she leaves out an agreement to not interfering with the works of others. In her heart, she takes that suggestion and burns it to use as fuel.

A Meeting on Maxim

The Elegant Nova Of Innovation smiles. She likes this god. "If you can offer this, then allow me to offer some small part of my knowledge to improve your feline organics. Though not as refined as my own creations, they still have some aesthetic value.

But perhaps you have also come to request that our creations live in peace, hmmm? I would, if I were you, but because I am not you I know better than you do; me as you would not know that I have my own sociological reasons for the slavery and war my children now undertake against your children. Come, let me show you to Cold House, my fortress here, and we shall discuss further over pleasant refreshments."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Banned

Hodari scowled. "No can do, Nova. It cannot be the project of just one of us, in any respect, if it is to be as impartial as possible."