New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Godhood IC

1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Godhood IC

Quote Originally Posted by Ra_Va View Post
    ((occ: sorry to add a part last minute on you))

"Oh but Hrothlar, a lesser-god given a position of any important will wish to advance. I have seen divine empires GOOGLEPLEXES TIMES more impressive then our little hippy-gathering here, fall simply because one lesser god got a hot head after more people started to worship him. Knowing that can happen I refuse to contribute and let that be a possibility."
    The Elegant Nova Of Innovation chuckles darkly. "You assume that the judge would be a free-willed being with ambitions, hopes and fears. Why ever would I make such a creation? It will keep the laws. It will seek the advancement of family, justice and freedom. No more, no less.

By and by, if you were any more of a blowhard then you would be the god of the winds, I believe the saying goes. Just an observation, of course."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowleaf View Post
    Azranthar
    "The arbiter can work one way only - with boundries. If we set a clear set of rules, it cannot pervert them. I propose the following rules:
    - Us gathered here today cannot, in any way, hurt or kill Gods. I don't know if it is even possible, but it should not be allowed.
    - Us gathered here today cannot interfere directly with other Gods' work. I cannot kill any of your creations, you cannot kill mine. Simple. Avatars and so forth should only be used when highly needed.
    - Our creations cannot besiege the creations of other Gods. Even if you find a way to transport your children, they should not have harmful intend.
    - The Gods will be a panthenon. Of course we ourselves will be the most revered among our own people, but our children should hear of us all.

That is just my opinion, at least."
    Hrothlar
    I heartily agree with all of these, and propose the following:
    "- The Arbiter shall have no jurisdiction regarding war within planetary systems (on a planets surface and surrounding moons) but shall have the authority to intervene in interplanetary conflict amongst Mortals with the aim of preventing planetary apocalypse.
    - No God can grant mortals directly with sophisticated technology or weapons. They must be allowed to advance independently at a reasonable pace.
    - No God may hold mortals in a state of complete slavery. Free will must be allowed to some extent.
    - No God may slander any other God, whether amongst mortals or other Gods.
    - All of these rules apply to Avatars and Demigods sired by a major God as well."
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-08 at 09:01 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mashimoto View Post
    Hrothlar
    I heartily agree with all of these, and propose the following:
    "- The Arbiter shall have no jurisdiction regarding war within planetary systems (on a planets surface and surrounding moons) but shall have the authority to intervene in interplanetary conflict amongst Mortals with the aim of preventing planetary apocalypse.
    - No God can grant mortals directly with sophisticated technology or weapons. They must be allowed to advance independently at a reasonable pace.
    - No God may hold mortals in a state of complete slavery. Free will must be allowed to some extent.
    - No God may slander any other God, whether amongst mortals or other Gods.
    - All of these rules apply to Avatars and Demigods sired by a major God as well."
    Azranthar
    "No. I completely disagree. First of all, the arbiter will only have juristiction to uphold our laws, which has nothing to do with planetary war in the first place - unless it is among the creations of two different Gods.
    The rest are rubbish. We may treat our children as we please. I do not follow your confused sense of morals, I have my own."
    English is a second language etc etc.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Pyric chuckles softly at Nova's responce, his hand turning back and forth, letting a small burning spider wander over it's surface.

Indeed, we are creating an arbiter, a judge to make ruling on the laws that we ourselves put forward.
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Azranthar
    "No. I completely disagree. First of all, the arbiter will only have juristiction to uphold our laws, which has nothing to do with planetary war in the first place - unless it is among the creations of two different Gods.
    The rest are rubbish. We may treat our children as we please. I do not follow your confused sense of morals, I have my own."
    Hrothlar sighs and takes a long drink from his wooden cup of water. A careful look reveals it has now transformed into a red wine. "I suppose it was too much to expect divine justice to extend to the mortals. I retract my points dealing with them, except for the one about granting mortals technology, especially weapons. Simply handing young races scientific truths on a silver platter proves nothing and is unnecessary. The natural maturity of a mortal race's science is a holy thing, and ought not to be prevented."
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-08 at 09:12 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Torr
    "Well guys, you can count me out on this one. I'm too tired to contribute to the Arbiter at all. I can, however, Arbitrate, on the other hand, I think that everyone has agreed to agree on the Arbiter after all." He looks back and forth at the team assembled before him. "And where will the Arbiter Arbitrate from? This place is my domain, if you really want an Arbiter to Arbitrate without influence from me I would suggest you have a home for him that is far away from my mischeviousness."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

State of the Council
    Contributions to the Solar Forge
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Divine Council of Twelve

Azrathar, of Death and Disease
    Lohkir, of Water and Disaster
    Moarzed, of Chaos and Cats
    Torr, of the Sun, Moon, and Magic
    Bertholeum, of Change and Joy
    Hrothlar, of Intelligence and Justice
    Pyric, of Fire and Knowledge
    Silunus, of Life and Magic
    Hodari, of Peace and Shadow
    Reloark, of Domination and Law
    Seln, of Fun and Happiness (?) Decay and Undeath
    Nova of Science and Technology

contributed to the arbiter
    refused to contribute to the arbiter

ooc: Torr, the sun is your creation?

8. - Top - End - #98

RedWizardGuy

I agree with Hrothlar. Giving your child races technology beyond their time is dangerous. They should be allowed to make these discoveries on their own so that they have grown the wisdom to use such knowledge. I'm not saying we shouldn't give them gifts, but handing them things beyond their control is foolhardy.
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by WildPyre View Post
    I agree with Hrothlar. Giving your child races technology beyond their time is dangerous. They should be allowed to make these discoveries on their own so that they have grown the wisdom to use such knowledge. I'm not saying we shouldn't give them gifts, but handing them things beyond their control is foolhardy.
    Azranthar
    "Can we just do what we think is best for them ourselves? It is our creations, we can treat them as we want."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Thumbs down Re: Godhood IC

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    The Elegant Nova Of Innovation chuckles darkly. "You assume that the judge would be a free-willed being with ambitions, hopes and fears. Why ever would I make such a creation? It will keep the laws. It will seek the advancement of family, justice and freedom. No more, no less.

By and by, if you were any more of a blowhard then you would be the god of the winds, I believe the saying goes. Just an observation, of course."
    "I meant in no way to insult your skills young one, but and old 'blowhard' like me has been through too much. I've seen things that would make Azrathar over there crawl into a mass abyss and die of his own pestilence. I cannot trust anyone without freewill while they are to an extent predictable they also have no thoughts. Even these disgusting ...fish... that pollute my water have enough thought process to survive even with there soul purpose is becoming food. So this Arbiter will be nothing but a Dictionary of Law? Will that be his soul propose? It will one day starts doing things for the sake of the Law that will become its life. And all I will do is wait.

You however... are very interesting and I will trust you for no other reason then to 'observe' something for myself."
    High Priest of the Fellowship of Xykon's Blade.
    Member of below-average standing in the Class-Maker Guild.
    Thanks to linklele for my Avatar.

11. - Top - End - #101

RedWizardGuy

Azranthar
    "Can we just do what we think is best for them ourselves? It is our creations, we can treat them as we want."
    No offence to any others gathered here, but it's already been proven that without such restraint there are those that would lead their creations to subjugate and/or destroy the creation of others directly. Our purpose for gathering here is to come to an agreement on what is the best way to go about things, rather than each of us haphazardly doing as they please at the possible expence of others.

So no, no matter how much you or I may want to simply do as we please... we're here to set a few rules in place.
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102

No offence to any others gathered here, but it's already been proven that without such restraint there are those that would lead their creations to subjugate and/or destroy the creation of others directly. Our purpose for gathering here is to come to an agreement on what is the best way to go about things, rather than each of us haphazardly doing as they please at the possible expence of others.

So no, no matter how much you or I may want to simply do as we please... we're here to set a few rules in place.
    Azranthar
    Azranthar answers in a very snarky voice.
    "If you would pay attention, you would realize I have already suggested several rules. I just do not want any of you telling me how I should treat my creations. You treat yours as you want, I treat mine as I like."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Bertholeum

"Rules make my head hurt!"

And so Bertholeum ran far away.

14. - Top - End - #104

RedWizardGuy

Azranthar
    Azranthar answers in a very snarky voice.
    "If you would pay attention, you would realize I have already suggested several rules. I just do not want any of you telling me how I should treat my creations. You treat yours as you want, I treat mine as I like."
    Yes I'm well aware of the rules that you have proposed. It's your utter lack of any willingness to compromise that intrests me. Your word here is of no more importance here than any of the rest of us.
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

State of the Council
    Contributions to the Solar Forge
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Divine Council of Twelve

Azrathar, of Death and Disease
    Lohkir, of Water and Disaster
    Moarzed, of Chaos and Cats
    Torr, of the Sun, Moon, and Magic
    Bertholeum, of Change and Joy
    Hrothlar, of Intelligence and Justice
    Pyric, of Fire and Knowledge
    Silunus, of Life and Magic
    Hodari, of Peace and Shadow
    Reloark, of Domination and Law
    Seln, of Fun and Happiness (?) Decay and Undeath
    Nova of Science and Technology

contributed to the arbiter
    refused to contribute to the arbiter

16. - Top - End - #106

Yes I'm well aware of the rules that you have proposed. It's your utter lack of any willingness to compromise that intrests me. Your word here is of no more importance here than any of the rest of us.
    Azranthar
    "Of course I will not comprimise on matters which are none of your business. One's own creations are one's own creations."
    Last edited by Shadowleaf; 2010-06-08 at 09:36 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107

RedWizardGuy

Azranthar
    "Of course I will not comprimise on matters which are none of your business. One's own creations are one's own creations."
    And as I've stated it's already been shown that one's own creation can be a danger to other's creations. Hence the need for regulations. If your creations possibly threaten my creations, then I'm afraid it is my business.
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

(No, it's not my Creation but I'm the Sun God)

19. - Top - End - #109

And as I've stated it's already been shown that one's own creation can be a danger to other's creations. Hence the need for regulations. If your creations possibly threaten my creations, then I'm afraid it is my business.
    Azranthar
    "Yes. Which is why I proposed the rule of the arbiter stopping any wars between creations."

Azranthar spins around his axel once or twice.
    "I hate idiocy."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

Lohkir smiles at the rater curious god as he runs. An interesting fellow.

"I agree with Azranthar. We also need not to create creatures in other peoples domains, blasted fish now multiply through oviparous sodomy, polluting my lands, and whoever did so, did it without my consent, now I need to create animals that eat those fish just to keep equilibrium"
    High Priest of the Fellowship of Xykon's Blade.
    Member of below-average standing in the Class-Maker Guild.
    Thanks to linklele for my Avatar.

21. - Top - End - #111

RedWizardGuy

Azranthar
    "Yes. Which is why I proposed the rule of the arbiter stopping any wars between creations."

Azranthar spins around his axel once or twice.
    "I hate idiocy."
    Yes as do I... which is why I propose we allow our creations free will and agree on not directly influencing them to negatively effect other's creations. I prefer my creations to keep their free will.
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112

Yes as do I... which is why I propose we allow our creations free will and agree on not directly influencing them to negatively effect other's creations. I prefer my creations to keep their free will.
    Azranthar
    Azranthar's shadows does what appears to be a facepalm.
    "That's what I have been saying all along. Do not interfere with eachother's creations in any way. Do not tell others how to treat their spawn, or how not to treat them."

23. - Top - End - #113

RedWizardGuy

Azranthar
    Azranthar's shadows does what appears to be a facepalm.
    "That's what I have been saying all along. Do not interfere with eachother's creations in any way. Do not tell others how to treat their spawn, or how not to treat them."
    You seem to be missing your subtle hypocricies... I'm not surprised. Your way would have us limiting the actions of the mortals, thereby in your attempt to allow them free will you'd be taking it away. My method would allow them free will and limit what we can do.
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114

You seem to be missing your subtle hypocricies... I'm not surprised. Your way would have us limiting the actions of the mortals, thereby in your attempt to allow them free will you'd be taking it away. My method would allow them free will and limit what we can do.
    Azranthar
    "How you treat your children is up to you. If you wish for them to be free, let them be free. If you want for them to be limited, let them be limited. You have no boundries on that mark, with my proposed rules."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

"What I believe, Pyric is saying is that we must allow all sentient mortal creatures, regardless of the God the created them, a measure of free will, so that they are not enslaved. As Gods, we are responsible for our creatures, including for their freedom. And also, we must not present them with technology which would radically differ them from a normal pace of development.

Updated Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-08 at 10:04 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

RedWizardGuy

Indeed, and I will not limit how my creations enteract with others. If they wish to greet with open arms, or wage war is not for me, or YOU to dictate.
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

"What I believe, Pyric is saying is that we must allow all mortal sentient mortal creatures, regardless of the God the created them, a measure of free will, so that they are not enslaved. As Gods, we are responsible for our creatures, including for their freedom. ]
    Azranthar
    "As Gods, we are indeed responsible for our own creatures. And no one else's. If I think my children are better off under my direct control, you should not try and preach your own personal moral views onto me. I do what I think is best for my children - not what you think is best for them.

Pyric, if I tell my children to attack yours, is that fair? If I tell them to hate others, and you open a gateway to my world, and your children are greeted with slaughter, is that fair? How can we really say how much we have taught our children indirectly? It is a lot better to put down firm rules instead of having.. That chaos.
    Last edited by Shadowleaf; 2010-06-08 at 10:06 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Azranthar
    "As Gods, we are indeed responsible for our own creatures. And no one else's. If I think my children are better off under my direct control, you should not try and preach your own personal moral views onto me. I do what I think is best for my children - not what you think is best for them.

Pyric, if I tell my children to attack yours, is that fair? If I tell them to hate others, and you open a gateway to my world, and your children are greeted with slaughter, is that fair? How can we really say how much we have taught our children indirectly? It is a lot better to put down firm rules instead of having.. That chaos.
    "You seem to suggest that there are circumstances in which slavery would be better than freedom."

29. - Top - End - #119

"You seem to suggest that there are circumstances in which slavery would be better than freedom."
    Azranthar
    "Oh yes, plenty."

30. - Top - End - #120

RedWizardGuy

Azranthar

Now see... it is clearly you who are not listening. Under my proposed rule no god would be able to dictate their followers to attack the creations of another, though if they decided to do so, for whatever reason, of their own free will, then it would be their decision to make.

While by the wording of what you propose all races would be forced to live in harmony, their emotions and actions decided by our laws.

Mortals will create mortal laws, the divine will create divine laws.

Control your children as you would see fit, so long as you do not direct them to harm others.
    Last edited by WildPyre; 2010-06-08 at 10:12 PM.
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show