New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Godhood IC

1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Godhood IC

A Meeting Above The Universe

After Hrothlar finishes writing the charter, The Elegant Nova Of Innovation picks it up and examines it. And she smiles; Lohkir may notice that it resembles a shark's grin. She says, grandly, "I, The Elegant Nova Of Innovation In Steam Enshrouded And In Brass Enthroned, find the laws of the charter to be binding and will give my full support to their adherance and execution." She pulls an elegant pen out of her... arm... and grandly signs her full title. All of it.

Foolish godlings. The rules of the gas-cloud had not been acceptable to her, but these loose, easily-loopholable rules written by the ancient god were. No God shall attempt to kill another? Cripple your foe, then. No advancement beyond the natural progression? SHE made the natural progression! No outright donation of technology? Then it shall be bought through service and devotion!

ALL HAIL THE ELEGANT NOVA OF INNOVATION! MIGHTY IS HER POWER, GREAT IS HER CUNNING!
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Halfling in the Playground

This seems reasonable, and I put my support behind it. With that, he summoned a nasty pen covered in mold from the ether, and signed his name onto the dotted line.

Heh. This was getting interesting...

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

Hrothlar signs the charter with his quill, and resumes reading from Gravity's Rainbow as he watches the other Gods.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Pyric releases a small swarm of spiders that crawl out over the table and burn themselves into his signature.

This has my support as well.
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post

A Meeting in Maxim, At the Cold House

Some time later, The Elegant Nova Of Innovation brought the god Moarzed to Cold House, offering delicious foods and drinks that were certainly not poisoned, ha, perish the thought.

"Now, as I said before, I seek to strengthen both our races by my children's current path. Consider slavery - the weak and the stupid become servants, as is right, and the strong and the cunning rule, as is right. Now, I am afraid that due to my genius, the Reposa are more cunning than your felines, but over time this will change. Already, the tribes of your felines here in the mountains adapt and strengthen themselves in response. In fact, I do not mind if they take their own slaves from the Reposa, for it will strengthen my children to have the weak and the foolish weeded from their ranks.

Together, we can manipulate both races into becoming mighty and strong. Giving them both an enemy is only wise if we wish to hone them, and then once they are ready we can give them a common enemy! But consider what else they will gain from war - the spoils of war will allow your children to learn some of my children's more advanced technology, while slave labor allows both of our races to increase the size of their infastructure.

What do you say, creator of the felines?"
    (Sorry for break, internet's down!)

That sounds wise and agreeable. Moarzed said, taking a bite from some food.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

6. - Top - End - #156

GreataxeFighterGuy

Reloark

At the Council

Thus He saw the softening of the rules. Already gods were thinking about bending them. But at least the ground rules were made now. He could always make a move to addapt them, should the situation call for it.

I accept and will uphold these laws.

As soon as he spoke these words, his signature appears under the contract.

Seeing as this seems all we need to discuss for now, Iīll take my leave now. Farewell.

In SPACE

Reloark moves in the space between Dais and Gade. Once there He looks around for a moment.

Deciding that the place is fitting, He holds His hand out and begins to slowly compress that hand into a fist. As His hand closes, debris gets pulled to a single point before Him. The debris collides, forming a first a small ball, the getting bigger and bigger, till it finally is slightly bigger than itīs neighbour Dais.

Reloark looks down on His creation, right now nothing more than a darkly brown colored, barren rock. Great ranges of mountains, large areas of hills and wide plains, nothing more. That would soon change, but first a name.

You shall be known as Peres

7. - Top - End - #157
    Banned

Silunus
    Silunus silently uses his power to integrate the new arcane magic into the very cloth of Eselen, so that his previous divine magic and this new magic meld into a more powerful form that is present not only in his people, but also the climate so that his people that are hurt the most are the strongest.
    I too agree to this Charter.
    [[[The climate is similar to Earth but parts of it have severe natural disasters, the tries that live in these areas are hardier and take on elements of the disasters, ie Tornadoes make them fast and they don't stay in the same spot for long and some mastery over wind magic, floods let them hold their breath longer and have some very minor water magic, etc]]]

8. - Top - End - #158
    Banned

And at the end of the guild wars, our lord Hodari returned. Gazing upon the carnage, he was outraged at the horrible things the Hodrans had done to themselves over who should lead. He appeared to all his shamans and said thus:

"I shall decide who leads my people in time. Cease and desist your petty wars for a period, and i shall do so. Hunting will be the only murder allowed until that point."

Our people agreed to a temporary cease fire but military bases still hung from many trees in our home. Through diplomacy, deals and the like, we attempted to build our own nations without the need for violence. We awaited eagerly for what our lord would tell us...

And that was when the Kobolds first came...

Spoiler
    Show
    Foreshadowing
    Last edited by Kumo; 2010-06-09 at 05:03 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Meeting at the Cold House

The Elegant Nova Of Innovation laughs excitedly. "I already knew that it was wise and agreeable, but your affirmation is still pleasing to me, feline-lord. It is so invigorating to have a peer halfway-capable of my intellect! I am certain that our alliance will be the finest thing to happen on this planet.

Now, I am also certain that you are wondering to yourself how you can trust me to be a loyal ally. Do not take the time to worry over it. I can already tell that you are strong enough to make treachery disadvantageous and cunning enough to be a fine ally and an aggravating enemy. Going behind your back or betraying you would be an act of senseless villainy, and I do not enjoy senseless villainy. It is not logical at all to alienate potential allies.

Now, on to other matters. Is there any technological secrets that you would want your creations to possess? I know the secrets of textiles, of tools, of nations and their building, of chemicals and potions. If you want, I could even teach you how to finely manipulate genetic-morphic fields. For the right price, of course, as anything else would be unwise. This is, after all, an exchange of equals working together for the common good of our races."

Expansion of the Raposa

I. In this time, Eijas of Hawks, King of the Raposa, called up the clan chieftains and spoke to them for three days and three nights, and these were his words.
    II. That the Raposa were the natural rulers of the world, and the catfolk were fit only to be their servants and slaves, concubines and laborers. And hearing this, the Raposa agreed.
    III. That the Raposa united were more powerful than all of the Raposa alone, and that being one race created by Our Lady Of Science, they should all work towards the common good. And he took up branches from the mountain trees, and bound them together, and not one Raposa could break them.
    IV. That the catfolk were natural hunters, though the Raposa were designed to be perfect, and they would need weapons to subjugate the catfolk clans, and cunning beyond what they had already displayed. And hearing this, the Raposa agreed.
    V. Hearing this, Eijas of Hawks pointed to the sky, at the coming storm, though all about him trembled. Said he: we are Raposa, we are the masters of all we see! We are the storm, for we cannot be stopped, and upon seeing us every lesser race shall tremble!
    VI. Thus was born the Storm Accords, for they were the rites of the Raposa nation which was born that day. No one Raposa could come to agreement on a name for the nation, so they called themselves simply the Coming Storm.
    VII. The Raposa were more cunning than any other now, for they knew secrets of thread and spindle, which they used to make coverings for themselves, and nets to catch the catfolk; they knew the secrets of metal and stone, which they used to make weapons for themselves and tools for crafting; they knew the secrets of wood and plant, which they used to make shelters for themselves and medicine to keep themselves alive.
    VIII. In all this, the Raposa were blessed, but not by divine intervention but by the nature of their creation. Cunning they were, more than any other race, and skilled in the creation of clever things, and delicate work was their delight.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, despite the fact that it's not direct divine intervention, I think it's still worth 1 ACT to advance the Raposa.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

The Elegant Nova Of Innovation laughs excitedly. "I already knew that it was wise and agreeable, but your affirmation is still pleasing to me, feline-lord. It is so invigorating to have a peer halfway-capable of my intellect! I am certain that our alliance will be the finest thing to happen on this planet.

Now, I am also certain that you are wondering to yourself how you can trust me to be a loyal ally. Do not take the time to worry over it. I can already tell that you are strong enough to make treachery disadvantageous and cunning enough to be a fine ally and an aggravating enemy. Going behind your back or betraying you would be an act of senseless villainy, and I do not enjoy senseless villainy. It is not logical at all to alienate potential allies.

Now, on to other matters. Is there any technological secrets that you would want your creations to possess? I know the secrets of textiles, of tools, of nations and their building, of chemicals and potions. If you want, I could even teach you how to finely manipulate genetic-morphic fields. For the right price, of course, as anything else would be unwise. This is, after all, an exchange of equals working together for the common good of our races."

Expansion of the Raposa

I. In this time, Eijas of Hawks, King of the Raposa, called up the clan chieftains and spoke to them for three days and three nights, and these were his words.
    II. That the Raposa were the natural rulers of the world, and the catfolk were fit only to be their servants and slaves, concubines and laborers. And hearing this, the Raposa agreed.
    III. That the Raposa united were more powerful than all of the Raposa alone, and that being one race created by Our Lady Of Science, they should all work towards the common good. And he took up branches from the mountain trees, and bound them together, and not one Raposa could break them.
    IV. That the catfolk were natural hunters, though the Raposa were designed to be perfect, and they would need weapons to subjugate the catfolk clans, and cunning beyond what they had already displayed. And hearing this, the Raposa agreed.
    V. Hearing this, Eijas of Hawks pointed to the sky, at the coming storm, though all about him trembled. Said he: we are Raposa, we are the masters of all we see! We are the storm, for we cannot be stopped, and upon seeing us every lesser race shall tremble!
    VI. Thus was born the Storm Accords, for they were the rites of the Raposa nation which was born that day. No one Raposa could come to agreement on a name for the nation, so they called themselves simply the Coming Storm.
    VII. The Raposa were more cunning than any other now, for they knew secrets of thread and spindle, which they used to make coverings for themselves, and nets to catch the catfolk; they knew the secrets of metal and stone, which they used to make weapons for themselves and tools for crafting; they knew the secrets of wood and plant, which they used to make shelters for themselves and medicine to keep themselves alive.
    VIII. In all this, the Raposa were blessed, but not by divine intervention but by the nature of their creation. Cunning they were, more than any other race, and skilled in the creation of clever things, and delicate work was their delight.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, despite the fact that it's not direct divine intervention, I think it's still worth 1 ACT to advance the Raposa.

I would negotiate for some secrets to be given to my people, wise one, but I am afraid that I have nothing to offer, or so I believe. Moarzed scratched his chin thoughtfully and looked forward warily.
    Spoiler
    Show

Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vamor was in grave pain. He was holding the souls of all the departed and dead beings in the world, besides on the worlds of the two gods that had heeded his warning. He was furious, but in so much pain... He would get their attention. He let out a massively loud scream, that shook the entire universe, letting them know the pain of holding all these souls! Vials in the Cold House shattered, earthquakes shook Dias, trees fell and animals scattered on Gade, and hurricanes struck Eselen. His pain was felt all over the universe, and his first act in this new universe was to speak to Azranthar, although it is heard by all the deities.

"You are the god of Death! Create somewhere for souls to go! I care not for how or if you reuse them, just do Something!!"

<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>

Vamor, with the pain now gone for a time, saw the gods creating an law enforcer of the universe. This seemed like a good thing, since he didn't want this universe collapsing like the last one... Secretly, he gave his power unto the gods who helped, recuperating there loses for creating it.

Vamor gives all the gods who have spent acts to create the arbiter and extra act this turn, including Silunus (You better pay up, or Vamor will be furious ).
    Summary:

The Elegant Nova created the Raposa.
    The Elegant Nova blessed the Raposa with divine intelligence, advancing them to the next stage of civilization (Early Medieval).

Silunus creates the Soulstones, indestructible diamonds in the center of every village or city. When a moonperson dies, their soul goes into their home's Soulstone.
    Silunus silently uses his power to integrate the new arcane magic into the very cloth of Eselen, so that his previous divine magic and this new magic meld into a more powerful form that is present not only in his people, but also the climate so that his people that are hurt the most are the strongest.

Torr creates a world steeped heavily in magic, with six acts? (Did you mean to send me PM or something? Why did it take six acts? Or are you still doing the magic thing? So many questions...)

Hodari creates Shamans on the world of Hodra. Hodrans begin to expand their jungles (very slowly) and their spirits wander the land.
    Hodari puts his love of freedom into the arbiter.

Pyric creates the dragons.
    Pyric Imbues the dragons with magic at their very core.
    Pyric give the arbiter the hearth, heart of the family.

Hrothlar scatters a lock of his beard across Gade, creating trees, plants, fruits, and vegetables so that the humans may have air to breathe, food to eat, and wood to build with.
    Hrothlar creates multiple races of herbivores to wander Gade.
    Hrothlar puts his Sense of Justice into the arbiter.

Moarzed creates lots of species of fish to wander around in Maxim's waters.

Azranthar strengthens the core of his planet.

Seln Creates a moon like planet above the sun.
    Seln creates a fortress there, including the great hall, the meeting place of the gods.

Reloark conributes his adherence to law to the arbiter.
    Reloark Creates a nameless planet halfway between Gade and Dias.

Code:
    Acts:
    Azrathar: 2
    Lohkir: 5
    Moarzed: 3
    Torr: -2
    Bertholeum: 3
    Hrothlar: 2
    Pyric: 2
    Silunus: 3
    Hodari: 2
    Elegant Nova: 2
    Seln: 2
    Ringen: 3
    Reloark: 2
    Tendrellis: 2
    I know I probably missed tons of stuff, so just throw me a PM or tell me in the OOC thread.
    Last edited by Sir; 2010-06-09 at 10:29 PM.
    The Coolest Villan Ever!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    "By jove, I quite believe this example of a pious warrior-priest will soon face the velocity of my greatclub in short order."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Pyric winces at the scream. His look, that one of annoyance as he sticks a finger in his ear as if to try and correct his hearing after the outburst.

I suppose if you want something done, you have to do it yourself.

Pyric claps his hands together, creating a connection of every living thing on the planet Gade to it's planet's firey core, and connects that core to the hearths of any home on the planet, allowing his people's ancestors to watch over and guide their family, and not tax the elder god, whoever he may be.

Now... who exactly was that? Pardon me, won't you?

As god of knowledge Pyric's curiosity is irrisistable and he leaves the gathering to find the being that was calling out to them.
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Banned

((The kobolds here bear little resemblance to the DND kobolds aside from their name. These are closer in fact to the Unforgotten realms kobolds. They look like this: http://www.urealms.com/urealms/ur10trailer.html ))

The kobolds were a piece of Hodari's plan for our world, though we did not realize this until later. At the time the kobolds seemed to simply be monsters. They adored war in everything they did, and unfortunately for our kind we were the only targets they had.

The kobolds were furry, catlike humanoids with a perchance for tools and flame. In time (according to the prophet Aquindana it occured faster than they would have done alone, or even in civil war) they learned to fashion their own weapons.

Hodari created the kobolds to be creative and adaptive. Our war with them was a long and difficult one, for while we had the trees and shamans on our side, the kobolds had their tunnels and warlocks: beings capable of forcing the spirits of other species to their whims.*

The two factions - our race and the kobolds - constantly tested each other with their might. We grew proud, and our warfare turned from straight battles to guerrilla tactics out of neccesity - fighting a kobold head on was suicide.

*It is unknown what happens to a kobold's soul when it dies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Created Kobolds. Created Warlocks among the kobold race.

((Kobold souls are reborn into Aratian bodies but they have no way of knowing this))
    Last edited by Kumo; 2010-06-09 at 08:04 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Banned

Silunus
    [[[If the last person isn't contributing, then...]]]
    I, Silunus, give the Gift of Life.
    [[[Why did Eselen get hurricaned? We have soulstones for souls...]]]

15. - Top - End - #165

I think I have done my service here, and I will be off. After one little addition...
    He flew in a circle around the great hall, enchanting the walls with powerful magic. Seln would know whenever any living or divine creature moved near the fortress, and he would have the option of erecting a powerful wall of force keeping them out.*

He then flew full speed to Maxim, flying low, just above the trees when he got there. He flew in a grid pattern, looking for either god settled there. On his way, he came across a tribe of catfolk. Hrm... "Quick," He thought, "There is little time..."

*[[Destroyable by gods of course, but they don't know it only takes an act to destroy. Roleplay it please. I posted this part instead of PMing it so no one would get mad about creating huge walls of force with one act.]]
    Last edited by Ultimarr; 2010-06-10 at 01:20 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

Hrothlar

Hrothlar looks onto the humans on Gade. He watches them scurry about in tribes and hunt animals. He watches them strike each other, seeing little difference between fellow man and beasts of hunt. Though the dragons attempt to teach the humans knowledge and the finer secrets of magic, but their work is painfully slow because the humans refuse to take Dragons into their midst.

"No, no, no, this cannot do."

Hrothlar, realizing what the humans are missing, reaches his hand to the planet and plucks the mightiest, wisest dragon he could find. In space, he holds the dragon in his palm and sculpts it, until it has taken the form of a man, and then breathes divine wisdom into it.

"I bequeath you, King Draco the Wise" and I send you to united the tribes to teach them wisdom and law and build from them a powerful nation."

Act One: Create wise, civilized Hero/demigod
    Act Two: Bestow Intelligence to Humans on Gade

"Now, go to Gade, and prosper. Show the humans wisdom and civilization."
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-10 at 06:03 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167

GreataxeFighterGuy

Reloark

As the booming voice echoed through the void, Reloark shook His head. Even if this god of death was neglecting his duties, there was no reason to scream into His ears, seeing as He hadnīt even created life yet. Shortly He wondered who the screamer was, but went back to Hie work. He could deal with that being later. Now was the time for Peres to really start living.

And so, Reloark blew a cold breath over the mountains. Ice and glaciers were generating at the high reaches and spread to cover the whole mountains. After the spread stopped, some of the ice started to melt and clear water rushed through th hills, forming rivers, and into the plains. Soon the hills became covered in plentiful grass and large forests, then the rivers flowed into the plains. There they covered the lower parts, forming deep marshes and swamps. Beyond that only little water reached the rest of the plains and so they turned into a dry savannah, filled sparsly with bushes and other hardy plants.

Reloark looked onto his handiwork but still was not entirely finished.

Thus He took His mighty fist and crushed it into the highest mountain, flattening itīs top. The foundations of the world shook and out of caves and holes, animals streamed into the world, spreading entirely over it. Most of the animals were carnivores and the few herbivores were up to the fight for survival. Each beast that came forth was deadlier than the last, each capable of fighting in their own way. Reloark wanted to make sure that only the strong could survive.

After spending his strenght that way, Reloark turned to the Solar Forge. Soon the Councils Arbiter would emerge. And He wanted to see what it was, their combined eforts created.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Most Glorious War Of Expansion! All Hail Our Lady Of Science!

I. So it was in the days of coming cold that Eijan of Hawks, king of the Coming Storm, did rally an army to his banner, of every Raposa that was not a driver of the slaves, nor a gatherer of food, that could carry a spear and shield.
    II. Then did they march upon the catfolk of the ginger fur, declaring that the mountains were their own, and the catfolk were helpless before them, for the spears of the Raposa were of iron, and so were the chains they placed the catfolk within.
    III. Thus were the Mountains of Adamant claimed by the Raposa, for all catfolk within them were either slain or enslaved, or driven down to the plains. And the Raposa did cry holy! holy! for Eijan was like a thunderbolt on the highest peaks, and none could stand before him; and likewise was his sister-son, Akaris of the Ice, who carved a bloody path through all that stood before him.
    IV. Now came a time of further war, for the catfolk of the ginger fur did join with the catfolk of the calico fur, and they were cunning in the plains of their home. The Raposa, who had known nothing but the mountains, were driven back by their ambushes, and woe! Akaris of the Ice was surrounded by the calico-furred, and a wooden spear was driven through his chest, and he fell upon his face.
    V. Eijan of Hawks drove off the catfolk from his sister-son, but the wound on his sister-son's breast was dire, and thus did Akaris of the Ice say: Uncle, they have slain me. Great was the weeping of Eijan of Hawks, and he called upon Our Lady Of Science to save his sister-son's life.
    VI. And lo! on wings of golden fire did Our Lady Of Science descend from the heavens before Eijan of Hawks, saying: the body is ruined, and nothing shall grow from it again; it is doomed to feed the ground, that the grass may live. But heed my words, king of the Coming Storm! Your sister-son's mind I may yet save, though his body is dead, for his heroism does not deserve to be ended here.
    VII. Took she up the body of Akaris of the Ice, and swiftly she came to the Cold House, where she performed dire experiments upon Akaris of the Ice, and his screams of pain could be heard for leagues hence, so great was his agony. But on the seventh day, the doors of the Cold House were opened, and out strode Akaris of the Ice.
    VIII. Upon the plains, the Raposa were outmatched, for the catfolk were swift of foot and cunning in the way of the hunt, and Eijan of Hawks was wearied by his sister-son's loss. Few slaves had been taken, and for every slave a Raposa had been slain. So Eijan of Hawks ordered the Raposa to retreat, but the felines of the calico fur harried them as they fled, and led the Raposa into a trap.
    IX. Then came Akaris of the Ice like a blizzard upon the mountains, and his sword was of emerald, and his shield was of ivory; his eyes were burning fires, and his skin was made of iron. The clubs and the spears of the catfolk broke upon him like twigs thrust against a mountain, and his sword clove through them like a scythe cutting the harvest.
    X. The catfolk fled before him, and the Raposa pursued them with net and chain, catching many of the catgirls who had sought to slay them. Great was their cry of triumph, but Eijan of Hawks had eyes only for his sister-son.
    XI. Once again, Our Lady Of Science came to him, saying: no longer is he Akaris of the Ice. From this day forward, he is exalted in the machine; his name is Steward Of Incomparable Glories. First is he of the Exalted Machines, the Raposa interred within the most holy metal.
    XII. Then there Steward Of Incomparable Glories embraced his uncle, and spoke to him, saying: now I shall serve Our Lady Of Science for all eternity, my uncle. She chose me to guard her house and her people, and this is what I shall do, for she has honored me by releasing me from the flesh.
    XIII. Thus was the first of the Exalted Machines created, by the artifice of The Elegant Nova Of Innovation In Steam Enshrouded And In Brass Enthroned. Praise be to her name! Let all bow before the Holy Machine!

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Act: Create the Exalted Machines - Raposa minds (and brains) enterred in custom-made mechanical bodies. Kind of like Cybermen. Just one now, but there will be more created - the act is just to establish their presence in the setting.

@Creed: I hope I'm not taking too much liberty with the catfolk being beaten again and again. Feel free to write about the catfolk getting their revenge; anything bar the destruction of the Coming Storm and complete genocide of the Raposa is really fair game at this point.
    Also, I wouldn't mind them mimicing Raposa technology or escaped slaves teaching the catfolk stolen technological secrets.

Do you want to keep talking at the Cold House, or are we pretty much done? I'm out of things to say (ironically, as The Elegant Nova Of Innovation is never out of things to say.)
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2010-06-10 at 01:53 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

A cloaked figure strode out of the sun, hood up, and he laughed. He looked around at the realm and saw the fledgling planets and was pleased, this was a new start for him.

With a wave of his hand he created a planet circling the sun in the golden zone, and named it Tender. The world resembled earth, with large oceans, sprawling savanahs and high mountains

He then flew down to the planet and, landing atop the highest peak he created a plateau upon which rose a huge Palace made of marble, housing various chambers of worship for the soon to be Cult of Tendrellis. In the center was a thin tower of marble reaching right to the very edge of the atmosphere with a circular staircase carved in the side, exposed to the open air. Atop the tower was a Marble throne upon which Tendrallis seated himself.

If the god had a mouth he would be smiling and as he spoke his words, a mere whisper carried into the minds of all the gods.

"Greetings, I am Tendrallis, I am pleased to see that the gods of this world value order."
    Last edited by Exeson; 2010-06-10 at 02:59 PM.
    Sigatar by Me

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Moarzed

((I really don't mind the cat folk getting slammed, I'm working on kitten vengence. I'm fine with ending the cold house now.

As the ginger catfolk were driven from the mountains, however, the great Moarzed watched over them and wept at the sight of his dying creations.
    And soon word reached the fierce black catfolk of the forests of the defeat of the gingers, as did it reach the attentive ears of the wise calicos of the plains. The blacks, the calicos, and the remnants of the gingers came together, to attempt to unite under one leader, one who would lead them against the Raposa.
    But the petty squabbles of the catfolk clans prevented any organization from being reached.
    "I am the strongest, I should lead," said the leader of the blacks.
    "I am wisest, I should lead," said the leader of the calicos.
    "I know the mountains, I should lead," said the leader of the gingers.
    And so the great Moarzed decided on a solution. He took in his hand the same materials of which he had made the catfolk, and shaped another breed. A breed with harsher features and crueler intent, a darker, more brutal heart, but one that would win the respect of the other three tribes. A tribe with firey fur covered with dark stripes.
    Moarzed looked down upon his subjects as he sat down this new tribe, and said to them all,

Catfolk, your disputes have been settled. This is the Tribe of the Tiger. They will lead all of the catfolk into war against the Raposa. The blacks will fight alongside the Tigers, the gingers will work on expanding your power internally with new discoveries, and the calicos will be educated by myself to form a group of priests.

And the catfolk learned to like this arrangement, as the gingers discovered new things, the blacks organized into an army, the tigers lead, and the calicos began their training as the Paw of Moarzed.
    Soon, the Raposa would find a new enemy among the catfolk.

Spoiler
    Show

1: Create the Tiger Tribe
    2: Begin training of The Paw of Moarzed (Clerics)
    Last edited by Creed; 2010-06-10 at 03:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

((crapola! gotta dedtime, so posting this for Raz. sorry for double post!))

[Moarzed]

The Catfolk Strike back on Maxim!

And so the legions of the Black cat folk readied the instruments of their vengeance. Weapons of iron, copied or stone from the Raposa, armed the 600 brave black cat folk and the 100 tiger folk that had trained hard to ready themselves to attack the Raposa. The others had stayed behind to protect the settlements, train, or gather more resources.
    And among the tiger folk, one stood above all others. She was Tansania the Deathless, a warrior that stood above all others. And Tansania stood at the front of the army now standing on the edge of the territory formerly belonging to the ginger cat folk.
    “For the glory of Moarzed!” she cried, and the rest of the feline army answered with a near deafening cheer, calling out to drive fear into the hearts of the Raposa. And Moarzed smiled upon his people as they charged together into the mountains, to avenge and free their kin. And Moarzed saw another benefit of the Raposa, that a common enemy brought the tribes together, and now true civilization could begin among the cat folk.
    And so the glorious vengeance of the cat folk began!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172

GreataxeFighterGuy

Reloark

A couple of moments after Tendrellis made his speech, Reloark appeared next to him.

Greetings Tendrellis, I am Reloark, God of Domination and Law. Seeing as I am the first here , I welcome you to this domain. Youīre correct in the assumption that there are laws to govern our actions here. I on the other hand assume that you also will follow these rules.

In the hands of Reloark appears the carta and He holds it to Tendrellis so that he may sign it.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Tendrellis's hand hovers over the chater, 'Another servant of Law? I trust we will get along.' he reads over the carta, 'Oh, this won't do. I require subject to populate my new world... However, very well.'

Tendrellis's signature burns itself into the carta.
    Sigatar by Me

24. - Top - End - #174

As Seln flew over the world, he spotted Moarzed, who was apperently watching his creations charge through the mountains. He needed to solve this quickly...

Greetings, I am Seln, the god of Undeath, and creator of the great hall. I noticed you were not at the meeting that was held there, so I came here to discus with you about your.. catfolk, do you call them? Very strong, as I can see.

Ah, but I digress, since this needs to be solved before your forces finish their battles. I wish to contract my services of undeath to you. See, this is what I imagine; I will send my creatures, which I have imbued with necromatic powers, to animate your dead as zombies, which will fight for a second time. Think of it as recycling. You will get to keep half of these zombies to serve you, and I will keep the other half. They of course won't be as powerful as the real thing, but they are definitely better than corpses. If you do not like this deal, maybe because you hold your dead dear, I will bother you no more.

25. - Top - End - #175

GreataxeFighterGuy

Reloark

I do hope so.

Reloark shortly nods as Tendrellis signs the carta.

But what do you mean as subjects? Servants to praise you, or slaves to obey you? One can be created, the other gathered by your creations.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Woe To All Raposa! Sorrow And Defeat!

I. And in the height of the season of cold, the feline folk came among us, like a raging flood surging up from the depths of the sea. Seven hundred mighty was their horde, and the settlement of Kyari was theirs for the taking, and all who lived within. The settlement of Yasim fell to them in the same fashion, and all who lived within.
    II. At the pass of Seven Colds, which led up to the settlement of Latar, the catfolk advanced, hoping to do to the Raposa of Latar what they had done to the Raposa of Kyari and Yasim. But then judgement came upon them, as Ejiar of Hawks gathered the army of the Raposa once more.
    III. For in the pass alone stood Steward Of Incomparable Glories, and spoke he: you shall not pass. Again he spoke, and the voice that roared from his metal throat shook the mountains themselves: you shall not pass!
    IV. For armed was he with emerald sword, and ebony spear, and ivory shield. His iron skin was radiant with the fire within, and none among the catfolk dared look upon him without trembling, none save Tansania of the Tiger.

Spoiler
    Show
    I intentionally left vague what happened to Kyari and Yasim. Slaughter, slavery... burnt to the ground, settled by the catfolk... whatever shakes your boat, Creed.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coldheart View Post
    But what do you mean as subjects? Servants to praise you, or slaves to obey you? One can be created, the other gathered by your creations.
    'Why do they have to be two distinct categories? Subjects should obey without question and praise their lord for the removal of doubt in their mind.'
    Sigatar by Me

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Woe To All Raposa! Sorrow And Defeat!

I. And in the height of the season of cold, the feline folk came among us, like a raging flood surging up from the depths of the sea. Seven hundred mighty was their horde, and the settlement of Kyari was theirs for the taking, and all who lived within. The settlement of Yasim fell to them in the same fashion, and all who lived within.
    II. At the pass of Seven Colds, which led up to the settlement of Latar, the catfolk advanced, hoping to do to the Raposa of Latar what they had done to the Raposa of Kyari and Yasim. But then judgement came upon them, as Ejiar of Hawks gathered the army of the Raposa once more.
    III. For in the pass alone stood Steward Of Incomparable Glories, and spoke he: you shall not pass. Again he spoke, and the voice that roared from his metal throat shook the mountains themselves: you shall not pass!
    IV. For armed was he with emerald sword, and ebony spear, and ivory shield. His iron skin was radiant with the fire within, and none among the catfolk dared look upon him without trembling, none save Tansania of the Tiger.

Spoiler
    Show
    I intentionally left vague what happened to Kyari and Yasim. Slaughter, slavery... burnt to the ground, settled by the catfolk... whatever shakes your boat, Creed.
    And even Tansania of the tiger felt a twinge of doubt in her heart as she looked upon the behemoth before her. And for now, she siad only this to the metal machine:
    I fear you not, foul daemon, but your bravery impresses me. For your valor and bravery, you have bought the Raposa a year of peace and rest. After that, expect the Horde of The Felines to return, next time even stronger! For the Glory of Moarzed!
    And the army echoed her cries, and the hordes of Moarzed pulled back into the occupied cities of Kyari and Yasim, treating the Raposa that they captured there with courtesy, to an extent. Curfews enforced, weapons confiscated, some supplies seized, but the captured Raposa were not forced into the bondage that the catfolk prisoners of war had been forced to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimarr View Post
    As Seln flew over the world, he spotted Moarzed, who was apperently watching his creations charge through the mountains. He needed to solve this quickly...

Greetings, I am Seln, the god of Undeath, and creator of the great hall. I noticed you were not at the meeting that was held there, so I came here to discus with you about your.. catfolk, do you call them? Very strong, as I can see.

Ah, but I digress, since this needs to be solved before your forces finish their battles. I wish to contract my services of undeath to you. See, this is what I imagine; I will send my creatures, which I have imbued with necromatic powers, to animate your dead as zombies, which will fight for a second time. Think of it as recycling. You will get to keep half of these zombies to serve you, and I will keep the other half. They of course won't be as powerful as the real thing, but they are definitely better than corpses. If you do not like this deal, maybe because you hold your dead dear, I will bother you no more.
    [Moarzed]
    Moarzed scratched his chin thoughtfully, then said to Seln,
    This idea is relevant to my intrests. However I have my own plans for the dead. I thank you for the offer, however. Moarzed smiled pleasently and watched carefuly as his warriors pulled back from the attack.
    He had made his creatures intellegent enough to exercise caution, at least.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

It appears that the souls of those who drown or otherwise die at sea are in the responsibility of Lohkir. He drifted into space and made them a planet. At this point the planet would be the farthest away from the Sun, and still a considerable distance away from the nearest planet. It was composed entirely of ice and you could see the souls in either their punishment, or their luxury. It was an interesting system because it was not based on how they died as was customary in most afterlives that didn't just put the souls somewhere and said 'have fun'.
    [OOC:Sorry if either of these are false but I only read one afterlife which was more or less the latter description.]

The layers were based around punishments for crimes. The only layer not cultivated by the 'sinned' was the very last layer. A hot spring surrounded by a seemingly never ending valley of food. Placed there for the convenience of torture. That every soul who lived a life that Lohkir disapproved of would look down, most people do more often then look up, and wish they lived a better life, or simply be ignorant of why they live for eternity like this. It mattered little to Lohkir if they knew why they live in suffering simply that only those with traits he tolerated were rewarded.
    High Priest of the Fellowship of Xykon's Blade.
    Member of below-average standing in the Class-Maker Guild.
    Thanks to linklele for my Avatar.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Pixie in the Playground

A huge ball of fire exploded outwards from the sun with a tail of sparks following it. It halted a little closer to the sun than a hospitable planet should be. The ball of flame thought of this seemed like an extremely empty spot in space, there could be something interesting here. It looked upon the spheres of rock know as planets and decided that looked like something interesting. Suddenly the ball of fire exploded, forming a planet sized orb of magma. The outer layer eventually cooled to form a planet know as Erden, the rocky and volcano packed world that it was. Suddenly a part of the planet rumbled as part of the crust buckled, silence, then it buckled again expect this time louder and more extremely. Finally a section of land exploded outwards spewing bits of magma and rock out into deep space, the ground rose to form a volcano. Out of this flaming maw stepped a suite off full plate with magma flowing beneath it, almost as if there was a fiery man inside of it. Occasionally a jolt of electricity sparked through the air connecting a plate of metal. The helmet of this fearful figure had blindingly bright eyes in them that matched the color of the sun. It carried an extremely heavy looking hammer that glowed red hot. This was Ringen, the god of War, Fire, and the Sun.
    Ringen surveyed his rocky and mostly barren planet, the volcanos dotting the landscape with occasional lava ocean pleased him for they where in his divine image. He decided this place needed something... angrier. He breathed life into his world, oceans spilled into the basins while plants grew on the land, animals began to form as if they where exploding backwards. Ringen didn't just want mindless animals wandering his creation, he wanted intelligent creatures to do his bidding. He picked up his hammer, hefted it in one hand, and slammed it down up the other with a mighty boom and a shower of sparks. He pulled the hammer away to see that one of his armored fingers had fallen off from the mighty impact. He picked it up and dropped it into the volcano that he was born from, the lava bubbled and glowed with a divine light. Suddenly the volcano exploded, showering the surrounding area with huge blobs of lava. These instantly hardened on contact with the rock to form large pillars of searing stone. These began to crack and crumble as something inside of them struggled to get out. When the dust had cleared there stood extremely tall muscular humanoids who had four arms. They looked as if they had been forged out of the desire to wage war upon others. These were the Volk, a mighty race of warriors who believed strongly in survival of the fittest. This pleased Ringen very much, he had a feeling these creatures would live up to his standards if they followed his path.

Spoiler
    Show

I cleared it with the GM and he said I could have three actions this turn because I missed so much
    Summary:
    Act 1- Creating the planet Erden
    Act 2- Creating life upon the planet
    Act 3- Creating an intelligent race know as the Volk