New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Good League of Good LV: Witty Title And/Or Song Reference

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Toby steps forward, looking at her curiously. "My sister's right. You seem... nice. Thank you for the food."

His face lights up with a smile. "I can do magic. You wanna see?"
    "toby..I told you...not till you can control it" Nicola helps herself to some of the food, and hands some to Toby
    Last edited by iElf; 2010-06-11 at 07:50 PM.

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Fluffy gives a bit of a pleased growl at the mention of food and whines in hope that there is some nearby. He was happy that his Mummy wasn't mad.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Banned

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by iElf View Post
    "toby..I told you...not till you can control it" Nicola helps herself to some of the food, and hands some to Toby
    The food is a large bowl of rice, grilled beef and chicken, wantons, sushi, lo mein, and stir fry. The only utensils are chopsticks.

Oh you have trouble controlling your power? What kind of powers do you have?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Halfling in the Playground

Toby rolls his eyes. "Yeah yeah. I know. But how do I get to control it if I don't practice?"

The boy takes the food, eating in a way that seems refined beyond his years. The chopsticks are wielded easily.

"I can make things. Little objects and stuff. And I can blow stuff up." He seems very proud of his powers.

He finally notices Fluffy, and his baby blues widen. "What's that?"

((EDITED))
    Last edited by Murkus; 2010-06-11 at 07:55 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #95
    Banned

SamuraiGirl

Toby rolls his eyes. "Yeah yeah. I know. But how do I get to control it if I don't practice?"

The boy takes the food, eating in a way that seems refined beyond his years.

"I can make things. Little objects and stuff. And I can blow stuff up."

Akashi smiles warmly at him again.

You are very skilled for someone your age. Both in magic, and in table manners. Are either of you thirsty? The scroll summons Sakai for this meal, and I don't think that it would be a good idea for me to let either of you drink alcohol.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

The boy takes the food, eating in a way that seems refined beyond his years. The chopsticks are wielded easily.

"I can make things. Little objects and stuff. And I can blow stuff up."

((EDITED))

"and that's why I'll teach you when you're older, and...oh gods what is that?"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

"Sit down in the clearing, and I'll be right back with some food. Be careful not to squish the humans, okay?" The pixie kisses Fluffy on the nose and *POP*'s out of sight.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #98
    Banned

SamuraiGirl

Akashi doesn't look at Fluffy. She seems to be avoiding doing so.

I have no clue...and I don't know if I want to find out. All I know is that it's not trying to eat me. So I am going to let it be and hope that it returns the favor.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Akashi View Post
    Akashi smiles warmly at him again.

You are very skilled for someone your age. Both in magic, and in table manners. Are either of you thirsty? The scroll summons Sakai for this meal, and I don't think that it would be a good idea for me to let either of you drink alcohol.
    "oh yes please. just some water would be fine"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Fluffy curls up on the ground and watches the happenings as he listens to Roxie's suggestion. He's a half-dragon Dire rancor beast, about 60ft tall, covered in black scales and armored plates with spikes as well as several large razor sharp claws, tusks, and a pair of wings on his back.

He eagerly awaits his Mummy's return.

11. - Top - End - #101

The boy stares at Fluffy a bit longer, brief comprehension in his gaze. He returns to the food a moment later, particularly enjoying the meat. It's as if he hasn't eaten in a long time.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #102
    Banned

SamuraiGirl

Akashi takes the large empty drinking bowl and breaths softly into it. It fills up with sparkling clear water.

Here you go children.

She hands them the bowl and sits down lotus style. She is turned enough to be able to watch fluffy out of the corner of her eye. Her left hand has strayed to the hilt of her wakazashi. She seems a bit nervous about the enormous beast.
    Last edited by Akashi; 2010-06-11 at 08:09 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Banned

Well, the beast seems docile enough now. Anshu flies over to Akashi and the siblings, stepping off his windblade and letting it fold back to its dormant, belt buckle-sized form.

14. - Top - End - #104

The ravenous boy finishes most of his meal, taking the bowl of water and drinking before handing it to his sister. "That's really cool. I can't do that."

"What's sake?" He suddenly asks.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2010-06-11 at 08:22 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #105
    Banned

SamuraiGirl

The ravenous boy finishes most of his meal, taking the bowl of water and drinking before handing it to his sister. "That's really cool. I can't do that."

"What's Sakai?
    " He suddenly asks.
    It's sake misspelled...

Well I have to prepare the scroll before hand, and cook the meal to put into the scroll. But it is a very handy thing to have.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

"What's Sakai?" He suddenly asks.
    Nicloa drinks, still a bit sore about being called a child. she's 20 for goodness sake! "Sake is rice wine Toby. they drink it in the far east"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Banned

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by iElf View Post
    Nicloa drinks, still a bit sore about being called a child. she's 20 for goodness sake! "Sake is rice wine Toby. they drink it in the far east"
    Oops. I thought she was a child like Toby...how old it Toby by the way?

18. - Top - End - #108
    Banned

"So, Akashi, tell me about your Grand Dragon," Anshu says, sinking into a cross-legged position and tucking his dormant glider back inside his robe.
    Last edited by Lord Iames Osari; 2010-06-11 at 08:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

Toby's around ten. "Rice wine. I think I heard something like that in school..." He says, tapping his chin intellectually.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #110
    Banned

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Iames Osari View Post
    "So, Akashi, tell me about your Grand Dragon."
    Akashi, who didn't notice Anshu coming up looks startled, then a bit confused, then realizes what's going on.

The Grand Dragon is the king of the gods of my homelands. What would you like to know about him.

As the real Akashi gets ready to make everything up about this deity.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Roxie the pixie *POP*'s back into view, toting a bear carcass.

Yes, a freaking bear.

The bear appears to have had its throat cut by an energy weapon of some kind.

"Here you go, baby. Eat up!"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #112
    Banned

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Roxie the pixie *POP*'s back into view, toting a bear carcass.

Yes, a freaking bear.

The bear appears to have had its throat cut by an energy weapon of some kind.

"Here you go, baby. Eat up!"
    Akashi makes a mental note.

Sensei was right. Size matters not. The tiny one is as scary as the giant thing...avoid both. At all costs.

23. - Top - End - #113

Toby stands from his meal, smiling jubilantly at Akashi. "Thanks. That was awesome."

Then, he makes a turn and steps directly towards Roxie and Fluffy, looking at them curiously. Still, he doesn't appear to be completely insane, so he approaches very slowly. His parents always said: don't make any sudden movements around wild animals. They also said they were dangerous, but...
    Last edited by Murkus; 2010-06-11 at 08:32 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Toby's around ten. "Rice wine. I think I heard something like that in school..." He says, tapping his chin intellectually.

"I really can't imagine that ...I would have a word with your teachers...if...no...but I can't..it's over for us in inside..."

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Banned

SamuraiGirl

Toby stands from his meal, smiling jubilantly at Akashi. "Thanks. That was awesome."

Then, he makes a turn and steps directly towards Roxie and Fluffy, looking at them curiously. Still, he doesn't appear to be completely insane, so he approaches very slowly. His parents always said: don't make any sudden movements around wild animals. They also said they were dangerous, but...
    Akashi is about to say "You're welcome." But then Toby starts to move in the giant beasts direction. She sees this, and just shakes her head. Thinking that the kid had a poor last meal. She also stands and makes ready to leap to the foolish kids defense.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Fluffy nuzzles at Roxie and lowers his head, chomping down on the bear. It doesn't take long for him to eat it all and seems rather pleased of himself for eating it. During it, he keeps a careful watch on the kid, knowing that just because things are puny doesn't mean they can't hurt him.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Akashi View Post
    Akashi, who didn't notice Anshu coming up looks startled, then a bit confused, then realizes what's going on.

The Grand Dragon is the king of the gods of my homelands. What would you like to know about him.

As the real Akashi gets ready to make everything up about this deity.
    "What is his purview? His form?"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

((It might be noted we have a Toby here aleady. At least he's not named Alex though. ))

Shrike, meanwhile, undeadtimes, watching the goings-on with a raised eyebrow. Seems the big critter is...relatively friendly. Perhaps duty won't be calling after all.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

29. - Top - End - #119

Toby avoids getting too close as he watches the bear be eaten. He appears unaffected, at first, but then suddenly grimaces and shrinks back a little. Bear eating is gross.

He's never seen something like Fluffy before. He has, however, seen things like Roxie. Mostly in books. Unless, of course, Murkus is wrong about what pixies look like.

He says, to Roxie, "Um... hello?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2010-06-11 at 08:46 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #120
    Banned

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Iames Osari View Post
    "What is his purview? His form?"

He oversees the cycle of life and death. Also he rules over heaven. His form is a extremely large dragon with scales every color of the rainbow and many more than that in a spiral over his body. He also has wings. He is the longest Dragon known. His breath is sliver flames that can either give, or take life. His mane is made of the stars.

She is not quite so obviously describing the oriental style of dragon. But with wings.