New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Callos

"Well if you can give me an accurate rating of how much time has passed since I first cast them down to the seconds then I will be more then happy to tell you. If you can't...well...they should last roughly six minutes."

Callos replied his eyes focusing in one the shadows that he could see all the while looking up the owl then to his companions. A plan was beginning to formulate in his mind when suddenly he sneezed.

Huh. They say you only sneeze when someones making decisions for you without your consent. Nah, I don't know anyone who would do that....okay I know at least one but he's kinda far far away.

Anyway its time to do some constructive work and pray that it works.

"Bird! You, owl! Tell your mistress to bring our supplies to this exact spot if their able within...well they have some time. We won't be here when they arrive however so make sure they know that! Now, do any of you ladies have any rope? If so I can crat a much safer area in which to take refuge until the cavalry comes charging in."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Tiriel

"No. It's back at camp. What are you planning now wizard?" Tiriel asks Callos in a serious tone.

this is ridiculous. i could get us all back to camp ... well maybe not the dogs... crap. they'll never leave without their dogs. how far away are we anyhow? hey wait a second, are we going in the right direction?!?

"Hey, does anyone know if we're heading in the right direction?
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

"Yeah, sure." Nonchalantly gripping the tree branch with her legs, Lissa sticks a hand into her haversack. Dimensional storage space, magic's great gift to gnomekind! She pulls out a coil of hemp rope and tosses it down at Callos. The rope is a little shorter than the 50' standard, but not by too much. "There you go. What have you got in mind?" Now that she's well above the reach of most animals, Lissa looks much calmer and more confident. The gnome keeps a wary eye out for danger, though.

OOC: Handy haversack FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphinia

"Yes, that way. She points definitively, with no sign of pause. She puts out a hand to ruffle Gladi's fur, hoping that the dog stays calm. Dogs don't belong in trees... Then she nocks the arrow to her bow one more time and waits.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground

In the forest ...

With her companions and the two dogs perched safely (if uncomfortably) in a large tree, Tiriel stands with her back to the trunk, her (now) enormous flaming sword held ready.

Lissa and Callos busy themselves with a rope, while Delphinia and Tiriel peer into the darkness. Faint rustling can be heard from all around, and light reflected from Tiriel's sword can be seen from at least a dozen sets of eyes, peering at you from a safe distance. The eyes are all around you. You are surrounded, though the (presumed) wolves keep their distance.

[hr]
    At the forest's edge ...

"They've stopped moving," whispers Kiah. "Our people, that is."

There is a lull, while your group and the worgs face off in a stalemate. They seem as reluctant to engage you in head-to-head battle as you are. Surely there would be significant casualties on both sides if a general melee ensues.

There is a disturbance in the forest, and for a moment, several of the glowing eyes turn away to glance at the return of a pair of worg scouts.

You can hear several short barks and general growling as the scouts' message is spread to the entire group of worgs, then all eyes are once again fixed on your party.

The alpha worg steps forward, but keeps out of easy bowshot.

"We have found the wizard. He is attempting to hide in a tree ... like a squirrel.

"We have also found the remains of one of our scouts, slain by your shadow cat.

"The situation has changed. The Law now requires a life for a life. Choose a champion, and we will settle this blood debt."

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kiah

Kiah looks shocked at news that a worg has died from the claws of the shadow cat. Katrine I'd bet! That's torn it! I wonder if she is even aware of her actions? We need some time to work this out, without the prying eyes and ears of worgs...

Kiah looks over at Nyssa and sees her also shocked at the new news. Taking the initiative, Kiah steps forward and speaks in a clear, concerned tone

"This is very serious news to us. For the wizard it was simple, we all saw him and heard his arrogant excuses. This is a different matter and much more serious."

"You must give us time to look into this, and to talk with the shadow cat to see how this happened. We also need to see the body. Then we can consider this idea of a champion. We will need until noon today to go though these things."

7. - Top - End - #307

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Thokk.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

8. - Top - End - #308

Aeroz

"Yeah, that's our Callos. He has a thing for height...what?" Aeroz speaks, followed by a long stream of elven profanities.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

9. - Top - End - #309
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

"Champion? Yix thinks outloud, he ponders this for awhile, as he absentmindedly flexes his tiny muscles.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

The burly orc tips his guisarme upwards to vertical, leaving it to stick there in the snow.

"No, this is better. Gives us a chance to settle things real easy. There ain't much reasoning with these tribal codes or whatever" A gnarled hand slips to his belt, unlooping the more familair form of his flail, "But this sort'a thing is more up my alley. This I can handle."

11. - Top - End - #311

With growing apprehension, Achkby watches Lumpy readying himself for single combat.

I think Thokk should go...

Hmm... It might be harder for us to pick a 'champion' among ourselves than to settle this with the Worgs. Maybe we can challenge them to two duel, one for each offense, and Lumpy and Thokk can each fight one...
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ach, Half-breed, settle down. Ill take this. Yer still have things in life that need to get done. Fer me, its a tad different."

*To the Worg*

"Ill be the champion, and the rites shall be observed. What is needed, and will I have proper time to prepare?"

"Soul-father protect me and the honor of the clan"

13. - Top - End - #313

Lizardkin Druid

The moment the dwarf speaks up, he feels a clawed hand come to rest firmly on his shoulder.

"No."

He pauses before continuing,
    " I will not watch you die again."

The ornery dwarf turns to see a determined expression on the reptilian as he strides forward.

"Keeping this pack as one is my place"

"You are all brave warriors and all of you are needed for the hunt of sethra. Find the others and leave. this is the path before you. Go.... now."

He moves forward.
    "Come then", he yells out to the alpha male.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

14. - Top - End - #314

Godsdamn it.

"No, Druid! Let Thokk fight this fight. He can survive, surely, and we can all move on."

"Thokk, can we enhance you?"
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

15. - Top - End - #315
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kiah

damn it... what the...

"Hold it everybody!"

"We don't know anything yet."
    Kiah says crossly "We don't know the rules, we don't know what will happen if the champion wins, OR if they lose. We don't even know what happened out there until we can talk to the rest of them. So before you go get your macho self-images in a knot let's sit down and figure this out like sentient beings. All we need now is some random attacks that get us into further trouble. Or have you forgotten that's how this all got started?"

males!

Kiah is vexed.

16. - Top - End - #316

Elthan

Elthan cast a spell in the back, making him glow slightly as he walks to the front. He has two potions in one hand, and a spear in the other. "Thokk, Druid, everyone. Let me handle this one, please. I've felt completely useless since we left the underdark, and I want to make that up. I know I can handle this, I've thought this through."

He turns away from the group and to the worgs, "I'll be the champion, but as Kiah pointed out, I would like to be aware of all rules before I begin. I am commited whatever the rules are."

(OOC: Elthan cast Mage Armor and is prepared to swig either Eagles Splendor or Shield of Faith +2 at the first sign of action. If possible, he'll swig one while the details are said, and the other once hostilities begin, if he is allowed by the others to fight. Elthan's been in the back too long, and needs some action.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

17. - Top - End - #317

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

Nyssa smiles a little. She can't help it, the situation is absurd. People climbing over each other to fight a talking wolf because a cat-person had killed another talking wolf while it was probably planning to eat their wizard that had electrocuted another talking wolf.

And then she nods in agreement with Kiah. "Kiah is correct. Find out the rules before you engage, and the consequences of losing -- it might be worse than a direct engagement. What if you have to fight on all fours, unarmed and unarmoured, to make it even?" Though I suppose the lizardkin might win that fight.

18. - Top - End - #318

As Elthan steps forward, Achkby turns from motioning at the Druid to stare.

"What?" he shouts incredulously.
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

19. - Top - End - #319
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*Feeling the hand on his shoulder, Thokk is completely stopped short and a bit taken back what the lizardman says*

"Ach, lad, this be my place. I am protectin the honor of our group, our clan, our tribe. That is... was my sole purpose, and ill be damned if I don't smite them like the hammer itself"

20. - Top - End - #320

Fizahn:

Fizahn watches everyone offer to fight the challenge with a slight grin on his face. "Very well! I wil fight the challenger!" Fizahn's voice is slightly sarcastic and he looks to be holding back laughter. "Can noone in this group decide on anything? I'm all for letting you fight him. It's your place in the group, just like you said."
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Lad, this is NOT the time for joking around. I'm partially protecting yer honor as well."

22. - Top - End - #322
    Halfling in the Playground

Nolan

This is going nowhere fast.

Nolan's first inclination was to meet the challenge and champion the group but the ensuing debate about who or what that champion was to be prevents him from getting further involved. He waits, impassively watching the worgs and hoping this would all get resolved soon.

Suddenly a thought occurs to him, What shadowcat?

23. - Top - End - #323

Aeroz

"Listen, if this thing has to end in fighting, Thokk? Edgar? Eltha...Fizhan? Just swat the damn thing and get it over with."

Aeroz flicks the ground with his sword in the usual fashion to demonstrate his impatience.

"If we are going to be voting, I'll just say Thokk then. He's proven in the past that even the gods of death don't want to put up with him, so my bet is he is going to be safe. But please, before I drop dead of old age, are we going to fight, or no?"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

24. - Top - End - #324

Fizahn:

"I'm sorry Thokk. I just find it odd that everyone wants to fight when you're obviously the best choice. Also, my honor isn't the one that lightning bolted a worg and got us into the original situation. My honor isn't the one that killed another worg and got us into the duel. I'm still debating wether worgs deserve my honor too."
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

25. - Top - End - #325

The alpha worg sits back on his haunches and yawns. Behind him, the worgs hidden in the forest begin to howl.

[hr]
    Tiriel keeps her back to the tree containing her companions. The "wolves" appear to be keeping their distance, but they clearly want to keep you contained. They seem content to sit and wait for now.

In the distance, a chorus of howls fills the air. Soon, the "wolves" surrounding the tree begin to howl as well. The riding dogs in the tree shiver uncomfortably as though suppressing a desire to join in the howling as well.

Tiriel's limbs begin to feel a little heavy, and it seems to her that the ground is a little closer than it had been. Callos' magic is beginning to wear off ...

26. - Top - End - #326

Lizardkin Druid

The lizard fixes his gaze out the outspoken Kiah and gives a snort with a crinkling of his large green nostrils. Evidently, he doesn't think much of her notion to investigate the terms of the duel.

Perhaps the unspoken rules were sufficient for him.

He nods to Thokk and the way he lids his eyes and softens his features convey the regard he has for the old dwarf. The bowing of his head showing the respect for the dwarf and his words.

"Sheyra needs you...I can protect our ...honor

How noble of Voice-of-Thunder!
    His eyes fix on the alpha male.

This is not about honour...It is about the old Law...blood for blood.. life for life

He utters, "Magic is what brought us down this path, it will not guide us out" loudly for Elthan's benefit.

He nods to Fizahn and locks eyes with Trinark one last time. For a final look of understanding before fixing his eyes on his opponents.

"No more talk", he says with an air of finality.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

27. - Top - End - #327

Tiriel

oh hell. I guess I'd better join them.

Tiriel will grab onto one of the higher branches that she can reach and wait for the spell to wear off. When it does, she'll pull herself up onto the branch.

"Well, we can either stay up here until these hell-wolfs leave, or until help shows up, or we can go find out what's going on back at the camp. What's the vote?
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

28. - Top - End - #328
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kiah

Kiah shrugs wirily to herself. With a glance at Nyssa and a roll of her eyes she sets herself for a long wait.

if this where less tense, i would pull up a chair and enjoy it. the worgs just need to say a few words, and we are too busy bickering to pay attention to them.

She checks on the other 4. Who have not moved.
    (OOC: how far are they away now?)

might as well watch the worgs. i might catch a change in their attitude.

(OOC: Kiah will watch the Worgs continually doing sense motive (+4), looking for current motives and changes)

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

Default My voThe Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Callos

"As much as I would love to get back to my belongings I don't think the wolves are just going to let us go. And from persanol expierence I also do not believe that everyone present is actually ready to go and fight a bunch of wolves. My vote is to stay here until they leave. Is there anyone present who knows what or who killed the wolf? Or how to contact it?"

Callos sat a little bit uneasily on the tree branch, his eyes closed as his fingers gripped the branch tightly. The necromancer was careful not to make any movements that might upset his balance so it looked alot like he was paralyzed. Didn't help he was hyperventiliating.

((Fixed. Thanks kuja.))
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphinia

"Not a damn clue. And I get the feeling that there's a lot more of them than there are of us. Somehow, I think they might be able to shake us loose if we just started shooting them. On top of which, we can't even rightly see them."