New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Thokk

*To Ss*

"Ha lad, that bastard is only part of it. I have another grudge that needs takin care of. Ive got all the time in the world for that grudge, though. This necromancer is going to die by our hands lad, no worries about you

*To Achlkby*
    "You seemed interested lad, you ever had one of those dreams?"

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fizahn:

Fizahn retreats to his romm and lies on his bed. He complacently tosses his 'short sword' into the air and catches it.They're ignoring me. Just like I was at home. That was a crazy place. Dad was crazy. He had some sort of personality disorder. He was either really mean or really nice. Poor mom also, not like dad though. She always claimed we were from a different plane. Said the portal here had changed my dad, made him psycho. I suppose I took after them a bit also. At the back of my mind, I know where the portal is... Fizahn sheathes his 'short sword' and adopts a look of concentration.

But when I focus on it, it's gone. I doubt I'd want to go to Anaston anyway. There was too much of a police force. And Bayerdain bordering it didn't help any...

Wait... Bayerdain? That's new. Whatever, unpleasant times. Best not to dwell on them. I should hit a caravan in the morn...
    With his last thought floating in his mind, Fizahn drifts off to sleep.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

3. - Top - End - #513

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

Finally, the cider overtakes her and she grows sleepy. She rises and walks up the stairs, passing various members of their group on the way. Looking into the room they have Katrine in, Nyssa nods to Kiah but does nothing else, knowing the situation is well in hand and there's little she could personally contribute.

When she gets to her room, she enters quietly, trying not to wake Delphinia. Checking on the halfling to make sure she looks warm enough (and adding a blanket if she doesn't), Nyssa then kneels and prays to Kelemvor for her family, for Orrin, and for anyone else that may have been lost to the others around her.

Rising, she removes most of her robes and climbs into her bed. Within a few minutes, she's sound asleep.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy shrugs,

"One'a the gnomes might know a thing or two about ropes. Makes me wish I hadn't hocked my set'a manacles fer food in Velprintalar."

5. - Top - End - #515
    Bugbear in the Playground

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Since the Druid is gone...

Achkby looks up at Thokk. "No. Not a dream of mirrors. But I have had other dreams, which... have shown me a path, like yours. Shown me where I must go from here."
    Last edited by HempRope; 2006-10-27 at 02:06 PM. Reason: quotes
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

6. - Top - End - #516
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ha, dreams that tell yer what to do? Never had one o those before. Besides, they are never clear enough to see a whole lot, the only thing that is ever perfect is me. Everything else is covered in a red haze. Only three colors I dream in. Black, Red, and white.

7. - Top - End - #517

Achkby looks at Thokk with raised eyebrows. After a moment, he shakes his head.
    "My dreams don't tell me what to do so much as... as what I want to do. When I'm dreaming, that's the only time when evrything's not hazy.
    When I'm awake, I'm not... as well connected to myself as some of the others. Especially these people we've just picked up. Nolan, he seems to understand himself completely, and his sister, she's utterly convinced of her place in the world. Like it's been set. But me... I'm always changing. Where I am now, what I am now, that's not what I will be.
    When I'm awake, I can tell--. I have a vague feeling that this just isn't it. But not what is. Only in dreams, in some dreams, can I understand what... what comes next.
    "
    He offers an awkward sort of sideways, self-conscious smile."Or something like that."
    Last edited by HempRope; 2006-10-27 at 02:05 PM. Reason: quotes
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

8. - Top - End - #518
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kiah

[hr]
    Common room
    Kiah enters the common room with a harried expression on her face. The room looking depressingly empty. where has everyone gone? we can't have... well, there's achkby. now kiah be nice. last time didn't work out so good.

She moves quickly over to Achkby table, stepping carefully around Hajih's splayed legs and the sleeping wolf.

"Excuse me Achkby, can we get your help upstairs? We have an urgent problem."

She glances at the druid but doesn't say anything. The prospect of explaining it all to him quickly is just too daunting.

On the way up Kiah will give Achkby a quick explanation of the situation.

"Katrin is a were-cat of some sort. We can't let her outside in this storm so we are trying to find a way to restrain her when she changes tonight. I was hoping your strength sapping ray could help if things go bad."

"Have you seen Lissa or Fizahn?"

[hr]
    Upstairs hallway
    If Kiah sees Lissa in the hallway listening at a door in the upstairs hallway she will definitely raise an eyebrow. However, there are more immediate concerns

"Lissa, we need you help with Katrin. It's urgent... Are you good with ropes? Katrin is a were-cat. We can't let her outside in this storm so we are trying to find a way to restrain her when she changes tonight. That's where you come in..."

EDIT: not going to happen (Spot Lissa (1d20+4=5)). If no one is going to direct Kiah to Lissa or Fizahn she is going to start swearing to herself and go down the hallway knocking on doors until someone DOES.

[hr]
    Room
    As they all enter the room Kiah will hurriedly explain what she was thinking of.

9. - Top - End - #519

Tiriel

Tiriel stands in the hallway for a few moments, watching Callos walk away.

What was that all about? Is he upset about something I did, or . . . I can't figure him out. He wasn't mad, but some of the things he said were, strange.

Tiriel shakes off the last of her thoughts and then opens the door to her room.

ooc:
    @ Lost Sage - if Lissa was hiding, you'd have to make spot checks to see her. You might want to edit your last post to include one. I already told Phasm that there was no way that Tiriel would see Lissa unless she rolled a 1 to hide/move silently.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Callos

I need to get some sleep. What the hell did I just accomplish there? Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all.

With a tired sigh Callos shakes his head and retreats to his room. If there is any sign that he sees the snooping halfling or even Kiah he doesn't show it. Once inside of the room he is quick to have all of his belongings packed for when they left in the morning and went to bed.

((But unfortunately Callos has some skill in spot and listen checks. Not that he cares that is.))
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

11. - Top - End - #521
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*To Kiah*

"Lass, ye cant just take the lad away like that. We are in the middle of a brew, tis bad manors to just interrupt like that. Unless yer want to grab a pint and sit down yerself, you are more then welcome. And mine needs to be refilled.

*Thokk raises his voice to the bartender*

"Oy! Barkeep! Another round for my table, and have you any large tankards that can be brought over?

12. - Top - End - #522

Delphinia, Nyssa and Nolan head up to bed early. Fizahn, too, slips away sullenly and turns in. Lissa and Aeroz are nowhere to be found. Perhaps they too decided to catch up on their sleep.

Hajih, Yix, Achkby and Thokk converse, laugh and drink many mugs of the Dancing Dragon's warm cider into the wee hours of the morning. Hajih and Yix eventually pass out at the table. Achkby shows a surprising amount of tolerance, keeping up with Thokk, who seems hardly affected by the heady, spicy brew.

Trinark helps Hajih up to bed. Elthan cups Yix in his hands, as if he were a sleeping kitten, and carries him upstairs as well, tucking the pseudodragon into Hajih's floppy hat.

Kiah comes downstairs to request Achkby's presence upstairs. Achkby reluctantly leaves his dwarf friend behind and follows the middle aged woman up the staircase.

[hr]
    Tiriel and Callos converse quietly in the hall, seemingly oblivious to the passage of their friends up and down the stairs. Eventually, Callos stumbles down the hall to his room, while Tiriel turns and opens the door to her room ...

[hr]
    Si'rene, Kiah, Achkby and Lumpy are gathered around the bed. Katrin, bound by ropes, slowly stirs, opening her eyes. She takes in the situation in an instant, nodding her approval.

Although it is late, Katrin remains fully human. "Perhaps the moonlight is being blocked by the clouds?" Si'rene hypothesizes.

Just then Katrin seems to shiver or vibrate and a black panther is lying on the bed, bound by ropes, and entangled in Katrin's winter clothes and gear.

The panther, much longer and thinner than Katrin in her human form, wriggles free in an instant and rolls to her feet, yawning and stretching.

[hr]
    Thokk and the lizardman find themselves alone downstairs as the firelight slowly dies down. Thokk holds up the dreamcatcher and watches it spin in the firelight ...

13. - Top - End - #523
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy keeps still, slowly spreading his arms as if to hold back the others,

"Nobody do nothing hasty. not til we see what she's gonna do..."

He sincerely hoped she wasn't going to go feral or anything. He was woefully unprotected without his armor. While he wasn't sure whether he might beat the panther in a fight, there wasn't much hope of doing so without killing her, which he was sure they'd rather avoid. So jaw set grimly, he waits.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kiah

ah.... that was fast....

Kiah tries to remain still and calm, so the cat will not pick up any hostile intentions, and checks the distance to the nearest cover (humaniod or otherwise). What are their options? She slowly looks at the strength of the shuttered window (if there is one) and the door. Would they hold the cat? Maybe it would be possible to just slowly walk out and close the door behind them. Or, glancing in Achkby's direction, if they can weaken it enough they can just tie it up again. Then there's always the direct approach.

"Hello Katrin" says Kiah in a calm low voice "Do you know us?"

15. - Top - End - #525

"Whoa..."

Achkby giggles a little.
    Last edited by HempRope; 2006-10-27 at 02:04 PM. Reason: quotes
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

16. - Top - End - #526
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ah Scaley, I dont know about you, but for not being mead, this cider is pretty good!"

*Thokk takes another deep draught and smacks his lips appreciativly*

"Ah, good stuff. So, what were you saying again this 'dreamcatcher' will do? Looks great, thats for sure"

17. - Top - End - #527

Elthan

Elthan closes the door to Hajihs room and begins to head to his closer to the stairs. That dragons a funny one, I wonder where they picked him up? I'll ask in the morning.

He passes Callos as they head to their respective rooms.I wonder if I should bother him about it?... Elthan stops once he gets to his door, and spots Callos closing his. He heads back down the hallway and knocks on the door.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

18. - Top - End - #528

Lizardkin Druid

The reptilian had moved over to warm himself by the fire and sipped his tankard with only the slightest noise.

He had been staring into the fire as Thokk had been twirling with the dreamcatcher.

Relaxed by the cider and the warmth, his mind idled as he watched the flames flicker and dance.

He blinked and frowned suddenly. He could have sworn he had seen figures within the flame.

"Ah, good stuff. So, what were you saying again this 'dreamcatcher' will do? Looks great, thats for sure", the dwarf said to the side but Ssathiya did not hear him.

He peered intently into the flames. He made them out now, figures twirling, dancing fighting.
    A hunt...a great beast leaping

"Scaley?"

The druid sits up with a gasp. He turns and stares at Thokk, an expression of surprise on his features.

Thokk only raises his bushy eyebrows in question.

"Nothing."

"I know not what i see anymore"
    Last edited by runehawk; 2006-10-29 at 09:01 AM.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

19. - Top - End - #529

Tiriel

Tiriel stands in the doorway, dumbstruck. Then she sighs and says to no one in particular, which means the entire room,
    "I'm not going to get any sleep tonight, am I?"

She prepares to hold the door agaist her friend if nessicary, sharing a glance with the others she's trapped in the room.

If it comes to having someone wrestle her down, I guess I'm it.

ooc: Tiriel has a base str of 20, I couldn't see Lumpy's profile, bhdrake, is his any higher? <-- Tiriel's not sure, but he did cut a hydra in half... :D but Katrine is her friend, so meh.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel

20. - Top - End - #530
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy answers the query with a shrug,

"Could be. Could be she's in a mood ta be nice-like though. Not something I've dealt with before."

((OOC Yeah, the site I had Lumpy's sheet on is gone or somesuch. I'll post it again when I can log onto sylnae. His STR is only 18 (PB is rough on half-orcs), but his grapple is +10 from his higher BAB))

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

Panther

The panther glances around briefly, taking in the tense expressions of everyone in the room. Her eyes narrow and she crouches slightly when Kiah speaks. She starts growling, a low, warning growl.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

22. - Top - End - #532

Aeroz

"Man, that cider did a number on my stomach. I think there was something gone a little bad in there" Aeroz states as he heads towards the sound of Lumpy's voice. Walking into the room with the very large cat growling at people, he stops abruptly "What's with all the...oy

Aeroz freezes at the sight of such a large animal being surrounded by many concerned people.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

23. - Top - End - #533

Tiriel

"Hey, cut that out! Tiriel says to the panther.

"So if anyone wants out, nows' the time, because I'm going to close the door."

ooc: Tiriel is blocking the doorway so Aeroz wouldn't have been able to enter the room, no doubt he still got an eyefull though.
    Last edited by kuja.girl; 2006-10-27 at 11:53 AM.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel

24. - Top - End - #534

Fizahn:

Fizahn snores remarkably loudly for someone of his small stature.

OOC: Did that not thrill you to no end?
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

25. - Top - End - #535

You awaken from your slumber slowly. Flakes are still falling, and the roof groans as the snow piles up overhead.

How much time has passed? It feels like you've been asleep for a whole week.

You meet your friends downstairs for a breakfast of warm porridge and toast. "It looks like even you folks'll be snowed in for a few days," observes the innkeeper.

You wonder what ever happened to Katrin, who was last seen in panther form ...

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphinia & Nolan

Sitting in quiet meditation after getting the few hours of sleep he needed, Nolan waits for Nyssa to wake before joining the others downstairs.Waking up to find an extra blanket over her body, Delphinia smiles slightly. She sits up quietly, trying very hard to not wake Nyssa or Nolan.

Of course, Nolan isn't sleeping, and he can hear Delphinia's joints pop as she stretches. After stretching, she sits there for a bit, reluctant to leave the warmth of the blankets.

"Are you waiting for her," Nolan whispers.

Delphinia shakes her head with a grin, then realizes that it's dark enough he can't see. "Nah, just don't want to get up. It's warm in here," she whispers back.

Neither having anything else to say, they both sit silently in the darkness until Nyssa opens her mouth.

27. - Top - End - #537

Fizahn:

Fizahn awakes groggily. He gets up slowly and rubs the sleep from his eyes. A baffled expression crosses his face as he ponders a dream he had. Do I know anyone named Juan? Ahhh... It's fading already, good. Just a normal dream. Not like the ones I had in the Underdark. Fizahn shudders as he contemplates his dreams in the Underdark. After these unpleasant thoughts, Fizahn gets up and checks all his equipment. After he's satisfied that it's all there, he dresses in his winter gear.

Fizahn makes an appearance downstairs ready to leave. His eyes widen in horror as he hears they are snowed in. "You mean I have to spend multiple days with these gargantuan oafs? Fine, hold my rooms indefinately." He turns and attempts to locate Tiriel. He walks up next to her and looks at her uninterestedly. "How'd everything go with Katrin."
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-09-09 at 06:32 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

28. - Top - End - #538

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

She awakens slowly, aware she's being watched. "If you both continue to watch me so intently, I feel I must do something at least moderately entertaining. How does a ballad strike you two?" I am being followed by my own private army of introverts.

Smiling, Nyssa rises slowly, and pulls velvet robes on over her underclothes. "I bet there's porridge downstairs. That's almost bland enough to excite you, Nolan." Saying nothing else, she heads downstairs.
    Last edited by kariokie; 2006-10-28 at 12:10 AM.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphinia & Nolan

"Oh, would you? I'd love a story," Nolan says with an overdone edge of sarcasm. He unfolds off the bed and precedes her down the stairs, then takes up the same spot he vacated the night before. Sitting on the floor in the corner, he watches the others eat through deceptively drowsy-looking eyes.

Delphinia snorts and gets up to follow Nyssa. Once downstairs, she takes a bowl and sits next to Nyssa, eating quietly. I wonder how 'snowed in' we are? Too much so to have a snowball fight? She smirks into her bowl and wonders idly if anyone else feels an extreme need to have some fun.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*Assuming Thokk and Ss go to sleep soon after the 'unease'

*Thokk takes the oppertunity to hear about the snow in, and for one of the first times in his life rolls over and proceeds to go back to sleep, finally getting up several hours later then usual to join the group downstairs*

"Ach, I feel rested! What about yer all?" Barkeep! Have yer a forge within this estabolisment, or something similiar? If not, what about something that can tan hides?"