New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Lissa

Eventually Lissa gives up and goes to bed, the cider having combined with her fatigue to make it difficult for even her to stay awake. I'll see if I can't corner her in the morning... shouldn't have stayed up so late, be lucky to make it through my evening prayers. Fortunately she does manage her full hour of nightly prayers, renewing her bond with her deity.

The smell of breakfast draws Lissa out of her warm nest of blankets and downstairs, where she proceeds to show her appreciation for the cook's abilities by devouring a large bowl of porridge and several slices of toast. "Mmm... after all that time in the Underdark, I don't think I'll ever take real food for granted again!" She takes a drink of hot herbal tea. "Snowed in, eh? As in, 'the roads are impassable', or 'the snow is packed so deep against the doors that nobody's getting out of the building'?"
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

2. - Top - End - #542
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kiah

Kiah walks bleary eyed into the common room in the early morning. It doesn't look like she has slept much. The smell of breakfast hits her like a wall. Holding on to the door jam she closes her eyes and breaths in deeply as her stomach rumbles. Images flash in her mind of many other sleepless nights and the disorienting fog of early morning. better get some food, then sleep. food. sleep. that order.

She looks around in an abstract manner, then takes a bowl of porridge and navigates slowly over to the table that Delphinia, Nolan and Nyssa are sittings at.

"Excuse me, would you mind if I bunked in your room? With everything that happened last night I didn't have a chance to find a room. And I could really use a solid 8 hours."

Looking down at her bowl she remembers the eating part.

"Mind if I join you?"

Sitting down, Kiah begins eating carefully.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphinia

Delphinia looks up at Kiah with a mischeivious grin playing about her lips. "I sure don't mind, on either count. Pull up a chair." Watching Kiah take her seat, Delphinia notes the obvious weariness to her. "What were you doing all night that you didn't get any sleep? Unless it's none of my damn business."

4. - Top - End - #544
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

Nyssa smiles warmly at Kiah. "Of course you're welcome to rest in our room. And to join us now.

With a glance to her brother, she adds, "I saw some of what was happening last night, but it looked as if you had it well in hand. How did it turn out? And, unlike Delphinia, I don't mind if it's none of my 'damn business.'"

5. - Top - End - #545

Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Aeroz

"Wow, that was one eventfull night. I really hope we don't get another like that for a while" Aeroz manages to speak in between bites of his breakfast. Up earlier than most due to his low sleep requirements, he has been going over the past couple of weeks...was it weeks? It seemed much longer than that. Nonetheless, he takes the time to enjoy a proper meal.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

6. - Top - End - #546
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hi guys, I might not be around much, some unhappy **** has gone down on my side of the world.

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Whhoagghhh...

Achkby goes back to sleep.

----------some while later------------

Whuaggh. Yuck. Blah.

Ahckby gets up.

Whow. Not smart. Fun though. I think...

Achkby puts on a shirt and stumps downstairs. He blearily maneuvers his way into a seat with a bowl of porridge in his hand and a huge (for him) mug of water. He finishes them the other way round.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

Last Night (or last week...)
    Panther
    The panther stops growling but remains tense, watching everyone in the room, as if waiting to see who makes the first move. Eventually, the panther sits down on the bed, still watching everyone. The tip of her tail twitches nervously.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

8. - Top - End - #548
    Dwarf in the Playground

Last Night
    Kiah relaxes as the panther sits down on the bed. well, she hasn't pounced yet... i think i'd better just leave this to the ones she knows well.
    Mirroring the panther's movements, Kiah moves back to lean against the wall, being careful to stay more-or-less behind Lumpy or Tiriel so the cat doesn't feel surrounded.

-----
    Morning

Kiah's mouth opens, then closes again. Delphinia doesn't know... This is surprising to Kiah, who is used to small communities where everyone knows what everyone else is doing.

"It went well enough. It's a long story though, and not really mine to tell. They are pretty private about it."

She smiles at Delphinia, "So are we snowed in? How's Gladi taking it?"

9. - Top - End - #549

Tiriel

Tiriel groggily makes her way downstairs. She isn't picky about her food order, as long as everything is warm, and sits down by herself near the fireplace and mechanically starts to eat her breakfast.

She blinks at Fizahn, taking her time to figure out what he wants.
    "Oh, everything was ... fine. After Si'rene and I kicked everyone out of the room, we stayed up and talked... Speaking of which, this is the second night I haven't got much sleep. So that's what I plan on doing today. Sleep."

Tiriel makes her way to her room where she collapses on the bed only managing to mumble to Sirene, "Only wake me if it's really important," before falling to sleep.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphinia & Nolan

Delphinia blinks for a moment. I hadn't realized anyone else remembered her name. Huh. "I'll be checking on Gladi after I eat. Though I can't imagine why she'd be anything other than fine. As to the snow, I haven't seen or heard exactly how bad it is, but everyone seems to be expecting to stay here for the day."

Nolan opens his eyes a little more and shrugs at Nyssa, then looks to Kiah. "I won't molest you if you sleep my bed."

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Callos DeTerran

When the necromancer came down stairs after a not quite so restful night he looked...elated and twitchy at the same time. Talking to the two that he had before going to sleep had been very liberating but that didn't mean he had garnered much sleep in any case. No. Instead he had only had nightmares again. It made him shudder and look down at his own body, as if to make sure it was still there. Approaching where everyone else was preparing to eat Callos looked at them warily before nodding his head to them and sitting down.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

12. - Top - End - #552
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih

Hajih staggers down the stairs, the long scar along the top of his head clearly visable without his hat.

"Ugh, what is in that cider?"

He staggers to a table before getting some of the toast and a large mug of cider.
    Last edited by Zeal; 2006-11-11 at 04:16 PM.
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

13. - Top - End - #553
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

As usual, Lumpy is up early. He'd returned to his room shortly after the face-off with Katrin, as soon as it became evident that there was little need for him to be there. Consequently, he'd managed to get as much sleep as he needed to be comfortable and entered the common room looking fairly refreshed. Almost in a good mood, even.

More notably, however, was the fact that he is already fully dressed, heavy winter clothes tightened around his broad form, cloak clasped tightly against the cold. He pauses for a moment to confer with the innkeeper a moment, posing a query quietly. Intending to go outside before breakfast, he stops to address everyone who has thus far trickled in to eat,

"Looks like we've gotta reprieve'a sorts, leastaways 'til we can figure out a way ta get moving again. Best take the chance ta rest up real good, might not get another shot at it once we're out again making up lost time. I'll be back in soon enough, I got an old friend ta pay respects ta."

He turns to muscle the door open against the snow, but pauses again, throwing a glance over his shoulder,

"Oh, and I gotta piece ta say later tonight when we can all get tagether. It'll wait 'til then though."

He heaves his way outside, making sure to shut the door tightly behind him. Armed with recently acquired knowledge as to the whereabouts of the temple to Shaundakal, he stubbornly begins to forge a path through the snow.

((OOC I'm assuming the door can be opened. If necessary, he'll climb through a window or whatever he needs to do.))

14. - Top - End - #554
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kiah

Kiah raises an eyebrow at Nolan's comment. "OK. But really, I'm..." ...probably too old to share a bed with you. Opps, better not say that. I'll embarrass the poor boy.[/color] she grins at his innocent eyes. "...I thank you. I'll just try to make myself comfortable without getting in the way too much"

Looking back at Delphinia Kiah continues. "I kind of got the impression that you travelled a lot. Moving place to place. You have that air about you. I haven't seen you around this edge of the Forest of Lethyr though. Have you been there?"

(OOC: a forest not too far from the Hydra lair)

Kiah watches Lumpy go out with interest. "There's an intersting one. I don't think people give him enough credit."

15. - Top - End - #555

Elthan

"I don't know Hajih, alchohol?" Elthan quips sarcastically as he passes Hajih on the way down. Holding three similar, thin volumes in his right hand, he grabs a loaf of bread and a mug in the left and drops it all in a position opposite to Callos. He definetly seems a bit more energetic than usual.
    "I understand we've been snowed in, or at least that it's unwise to travel. The Druid will probally insist on plowing ahead, but I think the group consensus will be to stay here." He takes a bite of bread and washes it down before continueing, "Needless to say, I'm going to get a bit of study done. You look like you could use a bit of sleep."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ettin in the Playground

Callos

"Hmph. I'm beginning to think less and less of trying to sleep."

At the questioning look he would most likely get from Elthan he spoke up again.

"Nightmares. Are those what I think they are?" He asks, inclining his head towards the volumes before taking a small piece of bread from the whole and holding it in his hands. Holding it for a long moment before he popped it into his mouth and swallowed it.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphinia & Nolan

She nods at Kiah's assessment. "Yep, I'm a wanderer. I've never been to these parts before. Just my luck to stay at an inn when this lot gets attacked there." She waves a hand, indicating the rest of the people in the group. "Gladi likes being around people, so when they didn't mind us coming along, we just changed the way we were wandering to coincide with the way they happened to be going. Though, to be honest, she much prefers the company of small children with treats in their pockets." She grins and turns to watch Lumpy leave.

With a shrug and a bite of toast, she says, "I'm not completely sure these kids want what he's got to offer them."

Nolan, satisfied that he has performed to expectations regarding conversation, lets his eyes slip back to their nearly-closed state and returns to watching the rest of the group.

18. - Top - End - #558

Lizardkin Druid

A lump of blankets rise and fall away next to the fireplace. A shivering lizardman stands.

His hide armor lies beside the fire place.

He wraps his naked torso in the blankets as he shivers and throws the few remaining logs in the fire. A buckskin pants covered his lower limbs with a flap in the front and a hole behind for his tail.

A cold-blooded creature who would produce no heat of his own, he depended entirely on ambient temperature. The current cold snap would only worsen his situation.

After sitting in silence next to a weak fire he shuffles towards a table where the others are sitting.

He growls at the innkeeeper dropping the blankets the man had provided. A soft growl not the least threatening to his companions but enough to make the innkeeper maintain a respectful distance and then plops heavily down next to Callos.

Tearing the loaf before him he holds one piece while offering the other to Callos, he doesn't meet his eyes but a more penitent sag of the shoulder is clear.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

19. - Top - End - #559
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kiah

"That's what has been confusing me. This group" looking around "has a lot of very experienced people in it. There is enough power here to take on a small army. Now sure, there is a lack of organization. I think that bothers Lumpy. That's not really what I'm thinking of though. It's..."

"Well, maybe I care too much about my own problems. But If there really is an ancient necromancer that has come back from the dead and has possessed Sherya of some noble house and wants to raise an army of undead he would do very well to have us out of the way. Which seems to be exactly what we are doing heading north with winter coming on."

"Then there all the strange coincidences and stuff. People meeting people on the road. People escaping at the last minute. That's the work of the gods that tells me. The dice of chance are loaded. There are big things afoot or we all wouldn't be here."

"But nobody here talks about it. Everyone treats it like it's their own personal vendetta or something. I..."

Kiah catches herself. Then takes a deep breath.

well, that was smooth of you kiah, so much for idle chit chat

"Sorry, I babble when I'm tired. I dare say I'm not making much sense. I just got too many questions..."

Looking back at Delphinia with a wiry grin,

"Well, if you're a wanderer then I'm a stick in the mud. I know everything within a few days journey but everything else is just book learning. So when I hear about some army of undead coming to my forest I get a bit upset."

"Perhaps it's time I got some sleep."

20. - Top - End - #560
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

Yix wakes up to the smells for the smells of breakfast, it seems he would have slept for ever if it hadn't been for the smell of a delectible meal. He moves hurriedly to the table making sure their will be enough for him.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

At the end of Kiah's speech, Lissa looks up from her porridge bowl with a rather sardonic smile. "Well of course the gods are meddling in recent events. Ancient evil necromancer, poised to raise an undead army of epic proportions and attempt world conquest? A lot of deities wouldn't want to see that happen. And lo, we have representatives from several different churches here!" She sips her tea, brow furrowed in thought. "Kinda makes me wonder why Lathander, bane of everything undead, hasn't sent a representative to this party. Well... another one..." Her voice trails off, and she stares into her mug with the expression of someone remembering a bittersweet memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

22. - Top - End - #562
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kiah

Kiah looks at Lissa carefully and says gently "What happened?"

23. - Top - End - #563

Fizahn:

After learning that nothing interesting happened with the were-panther, Fizahn wanders idly away from Tiriel. Nothing happened. I suppose that even in my life there isn't action every waking second. I need to test my skills. Perhaps Katrin might be up for pulling off a heist before we leave. I do think we have plenty of time to plan it. Fizahn sets off in search of Katrin. Once he finds her, he will attempt to get her alone and propose that they rob a shop together.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

24. - Top - End - #564

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Achkby looks up at Elthan and Callos at his table with him. A smile haphazardly climbs onto his cheeks.

"What's this? You two, sharing common books? I didn't think you type ever consulted our reading material," he chides Callos.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

25. - Top - End - #565

The innkeeper shovels a path toward a main road while his sons attempt to clear the roof of snow to prevent its collapse. The snowfall is several feet deep, but is light and easily compacted.

Lumpy slips out the front door. The half-orc pushes his way through the drifts looking for ... who knows?

Thokk, too, makes his way outside as soon as he finishes his breakfast, looking for someone who can tan the cryohydra hide he has been carrying with him.

The rest of you linger by the fire. You appear to have the inn to yourself, which seems a bit strange, but you are grateful for the privacy. The innkeeper himself seems not to notice the fact that you are traveling with a lizardman and a dark elf. The riding dogs are also welcome indoors, and they are soon snoozing by the hearth.

Thokk soon returns with a smile on his face. He had found a tanner traveling with one of the caravans who is willing to work on the hydra hide. She must augement her skills with magic, because she promises to have the hide ready in just three days. As it happens, it will probably take at least this long before the snow settles and melts enough to allow passage toward Mulsantir.

Thokk took the opportunity to scout the village. Its services are primarily geared towards the caravans that pass through in the spring, summer, and fall. There is a smithy and several provisioners, but little else of interest. The caravans themselves, however, are full of merchants with a wide variety of goods for sale or trade.

The caravans seem to be waiting for something. Thokk saw their wagons clustered together into mini-stockades, each caravan guarded by their own outfit of guards. They don't appear to be planning to leave the town any time soon.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ettin in the Playground

Callos

When the lizardman sat down next to him Callos froze. Just what the hell was he going to do now? Last time he had come this close lizard fingers had ended up in her mouth. Taking the beard he stared at the lizardfolk for a moment before nodding and eating the piece. With a dersive snort he glanced at Ackby.

"I'm interested in all kinds of reading material's Ackby, when I have the time for it."

27. - Top - End - #567

Aeroz

"Second time I've ever seen snow. Ever." Aeroz remarks, staring out a window. He stands up and walks out of the inn, drawing his thick cloak over himself to keep warm. The cloak not helping, he goes back inside and goes to take a seat at Kiah and Delphinia's table.

"It is really odd. I haven't bothered to speak with any of the people our little group has encountered along the way and has introduced into its folds. I figure now is a good a time as any, considering the lack of shapechanging worgs and multi-headed lizards. That and Edgar's company is kind of unpleasant on a good day"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

28. - Top - End - #568

Elthan

Elthan silently nods to Callos before taking another drink. "Indeed. Nightmares or not, however, you should still look out for your health." He swallows another chuck of bread as the Druid takes his seat, notcing the blanket drapped over him, and watches he and Callos split breakfast. "What about you Lizard, how have you slept recently? No nightmares I hope?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

29. - Top - End - #569
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

After finishing his breakfast Yix decides to sit in front of the fire basking in its warm glow. However, he soon finds himself bored just sitting there. Hebegins to pace back and forth as te restlessness begins to take hold of him.

30. - Top - End - #570

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

Nyssa sits and listens to Kiah and Delphinia as they converse, having little to add. She smiles and nods to Aeroz as he sits and joins them. "Aeroz, correct? I'm Nyssa, just in case you don't recall, and you probably remember Delphinia and Kiah." She tilts her head at her brother, seated nearby in a near-meditative state. "That gentleman attempting to attain a higher plane of breakfast is Nolan, my brother."

She looks around, and then adds, "Does anyone recall mention of a shrine of Kelemvor in this town?"