New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Achkby reminas silent, arms corssed as he watches the his friends and the Druid browbeat the newcomer. Who may not be so new at all.

He probly doesn't have a good reason for it, but for once, I'm glad the lizardman's mad.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

2. - Top - End - #602
    Orc in the Playground

*I assume Thokk Goes outside to play in the Snow*

Thokk

"Ach, this stuff truley does amuse me. Never seen it growin up, its solid but wet, and ye can make stuff out of it! Hrm, I wonder...

*Thokk looks over at Fiz*

"Lad! Get over here and help me make a wall! That way you can chuck snow to your hearts content at them! I figure I have some time before I look for a forge to work at."

3. - Top - End - #603
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fizahn:

Fizahn watches Evandur carefully as everyone leaves the room. His hand is placed threateningly on his dagger. He stares Evandur straight in his eye threateningly as he hears the shout from Thokk. He turns his head and looks outside. He looks back at Evandur and says threateningly. "We will finish this later. I have some other business to attend to." With that, he rushes outside to join Thokk in their creation of the snow fort. "Yes! We shall create a mighty fortress and they shall all rue the day they crossed us!"
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

4. - Top - End - #604

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

Whacked in the head by yet another snowball, despite Nolan's best efforts to guard her, Nyssa decides a change in tactics is required.

"Delphinia! I propose we cease mutual hostilities and work together against Fizahn and Thokk. Our superior average height shall make them regret the day they--" her words are cut short by a snowball to the head from either Thokk or Fizahn, she's unsure which. She spins and looks at them accusingly, mock anger in her voice, "I'm pontificating here! Have some respe--" she hardly gets the words out before she's struck again.

This time, however, the snowball that hits her in the back comes from Nolan.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Orc in the Playground

Evendur

Evendur lets a quiet sigh of exasperation leave his lips as the last of them exits the room.

One would think that their ears were as closed as their pockets, as my father used to say.

Patiently he waits where he is, reflecting on the 'welcome' he has just recieved untill the innkeeper re-enters. He approaches the landlord at the bar and asks quietly;

"I don't suppose you could direct me to the quaters of a lady named Tiriel, kind sir, as we are old companions of a sort and when I heard someone fitting her description was in town I was eager to search her out."

Evendur leaves the meaning of the 'old companions' to the imagination of the inkeeper.

It would apear that my only hope for this quest to continue is Tiriel. Why, Sune, have you given me this nigh imposible task now, before I have had a chance to recover any of my skills.
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

Kurt

6. - Top - End - #606
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih

Hajih stand outside, a mug of cider in hand, watching the snowball fight with interest.
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

7. - Top - End - #607

Hmmm... doesn't look like there'll be fight in here right now. Pity. Ah, well. There seems to be quite good fight outside, of a sorts.

Achkby hurries upstairs to wrap himself in layers, and emerges proportioned rather more like Thokk. Coming outside, he catches only "--work together against Fizahn and Thokk. Our superior average height shall make them regret the day they--". Looking around, he assumes she's talking to Nolan, as everyone else seems to be his own height, and Achkby tries his best to pelt the monk, who turns out to be far too agile for this to be any fair.
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

8. - Top - End - #608

Fizahn:

Fizahn and Thokk each switch between cover fire and building the fort. With their combined efforts and their small height, they are able to construct their fort very quickly while taking a minimum of snowball peltings. "What height advantage? You've got a height disadvantage because you're easier to hit and can't make an impenetrable fort near as quickly!" Fizahn resumes firing at Nyssa. He sees Hajih standing in the doorway and fires a snowball against the side of the inn. "Warning shot Hajih! Start fighting back if you know what's good for you."
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphinia & Nolan

Despite the amusement provided by Nyssa getting hit with so much snow, Nolan chucks one more at her, then steps out and grabs her. Using her as cover, he carts her over to where Delphinia is using her dog for cover, then plops her down into a snowbank. "Pontificate later. For now, make snowballs." The monk and archer are both exceptionally precise with projectile placement. The dog, catching most of those aimed at Delphinia, starts jumping and running around, trying to catch them in her mouth.

Delphinia takes one in the chest and falls to the ground, making ridiculous groaning noises for a momnet. "Alas, Nolan, I am slain! Carry on, and think not of me until the fight is won." She draws a great, shuddering breath and slumps over, then starts laughing shortly thereafter.

"No! I'll avenge you, Nia!" With a highly uncharacteristic grin, Nolan actually laughs for a moment before renewing his attack.

Delphinia's laughter cuts short as she looks at Nolan strangely, but she says nothing else. She sits back up, then stands and chucks a snowball half-heartedly. With a forced smile, she says "I think I'm getting a bit cold out here. I'm going back in. Gladi! Heel." She ushers the dog inside and heads straight for the room she shared with Nyssa and Nolan, not pausing for even a moment in the common room.

As he watches Delphinia, a little confused, a snowball hits Nolan in the face.

10. - Top - End - #610

"Yes!" cries Achkby from a snowdrift off to the side where he's dug himself in.
    Last edited by HempRope; 2006-11-04 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Hempy can't type...
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

11. - Top - End - #611
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

Yix moves to the doorway as he hears all the commotion outside. With a great leap, which most would not expect from his size, heis out the door and into the snow. He shivers at first, but eventually, almost gets used to th cold of the snow, and the numbing of his small feet. He does not seem to care about the snowball fight, as he dives in and out of snowbanks rolling around in the snow.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*Thokk continues to spend more time making a fortress, raising the walls to perfectly cover both him and Fizahn and then he starts making snowballs as fast as he can, supplying Fiz with many*

"Ha here, this way you can spend more time throwing and less time making! Show them big'uns who is boss!"

*Thokk turns as Achkby as he runs out and digs into his own snowdrift*

"Ach, little lad! Get yer ass over here unless ye want to be deemed a traitor to our cause!" *Thokk shouts with a good-natured grin before taking a minute quickly to wing a snowball at Achkby*

13. - Top - End - #613

Lizardkin Druid

Watching the little pseudodragon run off to play in the snow, Ssathiyaa watches his companions as they engage in mock battle. It dawns on him that they are playing not actually competing against one another for honor or status.

Shaking his head he turns back to Elthan, the mere sight of the snow making him feel cold but not before noting 3 of the strangers who'd hunted the hydra beside him. The magic-user had been hit by a snowball and was dragged by the hairless human. He noted his grace and movements, appraising his strength.

Turning to catch Trinark's eye he motions him to them.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

For a while, Lissa chucks snowballs more or less at random, but it quickly becomes clear that she's going to get creamed unless she joins forces with someone. Running low to the snow (which is rather low indeed), the gnome dives in next to Ackhby and looks up at him with a grin. "Got room for two behind here?" She starts busily molding snowballs, poking her snow-adorned head up to get a look at an opponent, and throwing with deadly accuracy.

Alas, although her aim is good, Lissa's range is not. There's a reason she uses a crossbow in combat; she just doesn't have much strength of arm. "Curse it... what can I use to get more range?" She ponders while snowballs splat against the snow drift. "Aha!" Oh no. It's the unmistakable expression of a Gnome With An Idea. Lissa pulls off her long green woolen scarf, folds it over a couple times, and loops it like an oversized sling. Sure enough, a snowball goes into the looped end- it's a snowball sling! "HAVE AT YOU, VILLAINS!" With that, she cheerfully begins slinging snowballs at the opposition.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

15. - Top - End - #615

Dwarfs have many talents. They are remarkably stable on their feet. They are masters of stonecunning and ironworking. They have a phenomenal tolerance for alcohol. What is often unappreciated is that dwarfs make Faerun's finest snow forts. Thokk quickly constructs a three foot high, perfectly circular snow tower, complete with crenellations. From within, Thokk and Fizahn are well-protected attacks from any direction.

Achkby and Lissa have a less elegant snow fortress, but Lissa's sling gives her superior range and stinging power. Soon the "tall folk" are reeling from the combined volleys from the "little people".

Inside the inn, the innkeeper continues to maintain a "don't ask, don't tell" attitude towards his unusual guests - including the lizardman, drow elf, half-orc and various non-humans. He has pretended not to notice the way everyone seems to speak to the the little mini-dragon as if the creature could actually talk back. He has made no comment about the strange growling coming from room 7 upstairs in the middle of the night. Only a slight facial tic betrays his nervousness.

He seems almost relieved when Evendur, who appears to be a "normal" human, addresses him. Grateful for even a brief human-to-human interaction, he does not hesitate before telling Evendur that a blond warrior matching Tiriel's description is staying in room 7.
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2006-11-04 at 10:46 PM.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Hahahaha! Have at ye, big uns! And now for a final trick, im getting some cider!"

*With that, Thokk makes haste back to the Inn where he immediatly orders a hot steaming cup of hard cider or mulled wine, whichever he sees first*

17. - Top - End - #617
    Orc in the Playground

Evendur

Thanking the Barkeeper with a smile and a silver piece, Evendur heads towards the stairs.

Never over tip, bit never undertip. Suprising I still know the feeling of coins so well after all these years.

At the top he notes the numbering system on the inn's rooms and quickly works his way along to room 7. Outside he hesitates.

Is this the right thing to do? What if she is truly asleep? She won't thank me for waking her.

Evendur sighs...

Let sleaping maidens lie.

He sits down beside the door, proping his back up against the wall, determined to wait the beautiful warrior out. For the mean time he meditates, eyes closed, on subjects both present and past, fair and foul.
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

Kurt

18. - Top - End - #618

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

As her snowball hits Nolan in the face, Nyssa says, grinning, ”Sorry! It was the only way I could think to hit you!”

She ducks back behind a snowbank, pulling her confused brother down with her. ”Don’t worry, Nolan. She’s a field of more than fifty years of snares and traps. You’re bound to set some off inadvertently. You did nothing wrong.”

Crafting a few more snowballs for her brother to throw in a last-ditch attempt at tall-folk supremacy, she adds, ”Delphinia knows she can trust us now. Once that bridge is built, it’s up to her to decide when to cross it.”

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

Nolan

"Short people. I think we're outnumbered by short people." Looking completely serious, he lifts a hand. "Truce!" Then he looks back at Nyssa. "I think a tactical retreat is in order. To Kelemvor?"

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Callos

Cold. That was the first thought that got through to Callos once he had finished reading the three books Elthan had left for him. Just what the hell was he doing out here reading again? Oh yeah...to be free of distractions while reading...At least that plan had worked wonderfully. Now though...he was cold. Very cold. And wet. This wouldn't do. He had mastered arcane fire and magic but he didn't have something to warm himself up? Well jets of flame would warm him....then again setting ones self on fire is never the most brilliant of plans.

Back to the inn it is...

While the necromancer walked he oculdn't help but think back to the dreams he had been plagued with the previous night. What else was there to think about? The books? Those where pretty cut and dry. Besides...maybe there was some kind of meaning to them..

Hand raised up to rub the stubble on his chin Callos thought back. What could he remember? The smell...that horrible rotting stink of death. And...darkness. A deep darkness that wouldn't let his eyes penetrate the gloom..What else?.....the clacking.

Damn it all...I need to write this stuff down after I wake up...

With a start Callos realized he apprantly had come across some sort of...snow battle between the short'uns and the big'uns. Shaking his head some he tried his best to slip in between the battling sides and into the inn with as little snowball blows as possible. By this point his teeth where chattering and the warmth of the inn was a welcome relief.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

21. - Top - End - #621
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kiah

Kiah finishes her porridge and heads up to the room. She mumbles a quick prayer, then makes herself comfortable on her bedroll and immediately falls into a deep sleep.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

Katrin
    Katrin almost trips over Evandur as she comes out of Tiriel's room. What the... Isn't that...? Never mind. She ignores him and looks downstairs briefly. Since Kiah isn't there and her door is closed, Katrin goes downstairs. I won't bother her now...

Katrin orders a bowl of warm soup from the bartender, giving him a silver piece for his trouble. She takes her soup to a seat where she can get a good view of the snowball fight. Although the antics of the warring sides are amusing, Katrin looks somewhat troubled.
    Last edited by blackfox; 2006-11-06 at 09:31 AM.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

23. - Top - End - #623

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

Nyssa nods to Nolan. "Yes, I think it's doubtful that there is a shrine to Kelemvor here, but perhaps. And some may need our help, nonetheless, considering the harsh weather."

She rises, and places her hands in the air. "I admit your snowball superiority. We were foolish to engage such superior forces." Nyssa walks through the snow, towards the center of town, paying no mind if she's pelted with additional snowballs.

24. - Top - End - #624

Tiriel

As soon as Katrine leaves Tiriel is on her way towards (finaly) getting some much needed rest. She sleeps with her back to the door and her head buried under an extra pillow that she borrowed from Katrine's bed.

hours slept: (1d6=4)
    ooc: asleep until noon-ish
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

25. - Top - End - #625
    Orc in the Playground

Evendur

Katrine's closing of Tiriel's door is enough to wake Evendur from his revery, but by the time he has registered that she existed, she has disapeared down the stairs.

Now there's someone else whom I might be able to aproach. Put on a winning smile, turn up the charm and perhapse she would be willing to persuade those downstairs that I'm not some kind of evil monster. *Sigh* what's the use. I don't seem to be able to persuade anyone of anything at the moment. Ye gods, ten years as a Gnoll is not exactly a great method of bringing out the most charismatic side of a person. Perhapse I've lost it completely, never get it back, the one thing that I was ever good at, persuading people to do the right thing, to protect what is beautiful in this world and to rever it. Ah what's the use anyway? My father never liked Sunites, considered them vain, shallow. Perhapse that's all I am. Oh now, come on, this is geting stupid. I have chosen my path, and time and again it has prooved worth while. Just not for a while.

Not for a while...

Within an hour of Katrine's departure Evendur is dozing fitfully, head slumped to the side, drewling slightly onto his well-kept clothing. Clearly Tirriel is not the only one in need of catching up on sleep.
    Last edited by Dark_Stalion; 2006-11-06 at 06:15 PM.

Kurt

26. - Top - End - #626

Achkby delights in the snowball fight as much as any of the others, though gradually becomes frustrated with his bad aim.

I haven't done this for years... but whenever it snowed back home, we'd play for hours! I'd forgotten. All of this snow, and I'd forgotten. Well, I was the best then, and there's no good reason that should've changed!

Dammit, we're supposed to be able to out-throw any other race. What's going on here, snowballs aren't that different from stones! Have I lost my touch with those, too? Neither is much like aiming a spell.
    Hmm, a spell...

Achkby stopes chucking snow for a moment, as he looks through the trees. Spotting a beautiful plump clump of powder on an evergeen bough, he begins some simple gestures and grunts a few quick syllables. He smiles broadly as the improvised snowball hovers its way through the air to hang above the twins' heads in much the way that anvils don't, before letting it cascade down over them.
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphinia & Nolan

"Oh, yes, it's a real challenge to hit us after we've surrendered,"
    Nolan mutters in annoyance. Brushing the snow off of himself, he follows after Nyssa.

Delphinia says nothing when Kiah enters the room, and simply keeps herself and her dog quiet and busy by brushing Gladi's hair to dry it.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

After a good deal of romping and rolling around in the snow, and getting hit by the occasional stray snowball, Yix decides it is time to call it quits. He shakes his body to knock any excess snow before continuing inside and flying up to the counter. Yix rummages around in his tiny coin pouch, and pulls out a few silvers. "Something hot and fresh!" Yix communicates to the bartender before placing the coins down before him.

29. - Top - End - #629

The innkeeper is startled at first to be addressed telepathically, but he recovers his composure surprisingly quickly and soon offers Yix a steaming saucerful of warm cider.

The others trickle back into the Dancing Dragon, cheeks ruddy from the winter chill. Furs and boots are soon drying by the fire, while the innkeeper provides warm cider, cold ale, and a simple lunch of sausages and sauerkraut.

Si'rene enters the inn, stomping her feet to knock the snow and ice from her boots. She's been visiting with the Aglarondan caravan, but they have little news to report, having left Telflamm weeks before your party did. They have been waiting for the River Mulsantir to freeze to allow passage. It is hoped that this latest cold spell ensure that the ice is thick enough to allow safe travel across the surface of the river.

Si'rene is reluctant to meet Katrin's or the lizardman's eyes, perhaps still feeling awkward about shooting both of them.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Orc in the Playground

*After Warming Up*

Thokk

"Ach, that was delicious! Me compliments, Barkeep. Now, Im off to find a forge among the caravans, anyone wish to come along?"