Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 780 of 1515
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Callos_DeTerran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ...

    Default The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Callos

    "Don't worry too much about getting our two lost lambs back into the city Shiney. I may have a plan for that too. You just worry about finding the two of them so we can get back. This is not my idea of a picnic afterall."

    Callos grumbled unhappily as she leaves him on the cart and goes to her horse. This is just what he needed after all. To go searching for the lizardman and drow, during winter, when he could be quite safely inside of this city doing something. Anything! Even sleeping!

    But noooooo. Instead I'm going BACK to the dangerous wilds to look for party members who may or may not still be alive, with some I've been antagonizing for the past couple days, while I'm short rested, and everyone else gets to enjoy the warmth of an inn. I can't help but think that this is more payback by something for shocking that wolf, even though I clearly already paid up by spending the night in a tree surronded by wolves.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

    Spoiler
    Show




  2. - Top - End - #752
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Lumpy

    Lumpy retrieves and mounts his own horse without another thought, offereing Tiriel an explanation,

    "If they've gone and gotten lost in the woods, we'll need ta track them down the hard way. It'll be bad enough with all the trails and spoor put down by them caravans, but as long as it don't snow or blow too hard, I reckon we can hunt them down. Best be we go fast-like though, got about four different things urging us ta keep moving."

  3. - Top - End - #753
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HempRope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Thanks for the reminder!

    Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

    Achkby watches puzzeldly, glancing at Callos, as the guards search the cart.

    He heaves a sigh of relief when Tiriel announces that they'ev disappeared.

    I'm staying out of this business of recovering the belligerent. Maybe I can finally make some purchases...

    After they settle on a place to stay, a process Achkby stays out of, he prepares to go shopping.
    "I need to buy some things," he tells Yix and Lissa, "You'd be welcome to come with me if you like."

    To Aeroz, he says, "I'm going into the town. I'll be back for supper, I hope."
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

    GO BLUE

    The biggest problem with the alignment system is that it encourages us to choose.

  4. - Top - End - #754
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Yix

    Yix looks up at Achkby's invitation "I'll try to get you some good deals." With that Yix makes his way up to Achkby's shoulder (assuming he can fit there).

  5. - Top - End - #755
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Fizahn:

    Fizahn follows his companions to the inn. Once inside, he isolates himself in a corner and begins greedily counting his money and, to a lesser extent, examining the keys. Hmph. What use do I have for keys? I don't know what they go to, and whatever it is, I could probably open it easily without one. I suppose they would save time if I was in a hurry. He idly glances at the roof, speculating on what a guard's keys could be used for.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  6. - Top - End - #756
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Dark_Stalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Behind you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Evendur

    Evendur is quick to chime in, offering, "I'll help. Do you want me to drive the cart? I'm not known for my wilderness tracking skills, but an extra pair of eyes won't hurt."
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

    Kurt

  7. - Top - End - #757
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Tiriel

    Tiriel nods to Lumpy, glad that he's offered to help her look for their missing companions.
    "You and Callos can follow in the wagon if you wish - I don't think any more of us should leave though.
    "Well, let's be off."
    She starts moving her horse quickly through the town towards the gate.

    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

  8. - Top - End - #758
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Tiriel and Lumpy lead the way, while Callos and Evendur ride behind them in the cart. They are able to slip out without too much trouble, since the small number of Gerreck's guards seem more concerned with the traffic entering the city, rather than people trying to leave.

    You assume that the druid and the drow slipped away without letting anyone else know for their own reasons. The druid had always been somewhat inscrutable, with his alien morals and convictions. The drow had become sullen and quiet, having difficulty adjusting to life on the surface. One might assume that being cocooned in a tent with a pungent lizardman for at least 10 hours every day, might have been quite a trial, even for a dark elf.

    It takes less than half a day to return to the previous campsite. The ground has been churned up by countless wagon wheels and innumerably bootprints, making it difficult to judge where the missing pair might have gone. A small copse of trees just visible from the road might have been a tempting place for the druid to meditate perhaps ...


    Back in town, the remaining party members split up.

    Fizahn counts his loot - 2 gp, 12 sp, and 19 cp. Cursing his meager "earnings", he turns his attention to the keys. All three keys appear to be identical. They presumably allow access to the barracks or perhaps even a dungeon? All three are well worn, as though they have seen frequent use.

    Achkby and Yix head out looking for some gear. They scout out the town, noticing that the heavy stone architecture looks archaic, but still highly functional. Clearly Tammar was originally designed to be a fortress of some kind. Tammar's current inhabitants, however, appear to be mostly decidedly unmilitant civilians, perhaps too poor or lazy to move to the coast, instead remaining inside the heavy fortifications, living off of the trade caravans running east. Only Gerreck and his handful of "lieutenants" show any martial leaning of any kind.

    Achkby and Yix soon find an armorer with a surprisingly broad selection of gear. Seeing the halfling's interest in his wares, the smith leads Ackby and Yix into a back corner, where he has sets of small armor in various styles and materials, already sized to fit a halfling or gnome.

    Elthan slips out on his own, exploring the city by himself. Gradually gravitating toward a seedier section of town, he is eventually guided to a small marble temple. He looks around to see if he is being followed, then ducks into the narrow entrance.

  9. - Top - End - #759
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Lumpy

    Now this was something he could be at ease with, more like the old days. Tracking through bitter freezing cold with a manageably sized group (even if one of them was far too bright for his own good). He'd done this for years, nearly a world away, but it felt more or less the same.

    He wheels around the old campsite a few times, his face wrought in a knowing scowl,

    "Didn't figure we'd find much after the rest'a the caravaners got through the place. WE'll just have ta widen out and see if we can pick up a sign from there. If the lizard's sitting out there frozen ta death in some nature-communion thing. . ." He mutters something inscrutable, "Well, mebbe we can get some new boots then, or something."

    He shrugs, waving a hand towards the treeline, "Reckon he might'a gone that way, if anything. He was always a sucker fer woodland."

  10. - Top - End - #760
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Yix

    Yix begins pacing up and down looking at the armor curiously. Trying to give the impression that he is only a mere pet.

  11. - Top - End - #761
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Tiriel

    Tiriel had already guess that finding a trial in the churned up ground would prove futile. She stands up in her stirrups before agreeing with Lumpy,
    "That seems the most likely place to me too. Let's not waste any more time."
    She turns her horse's head and nudges it into a trot towards the strand of trees.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

  12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Callos_DeTerran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ...

    Default The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Callos

    This really wasn't how he had intended for this whole mess to turn out. Callos kept on sending glances over at Evendur as the two of them rode in the wagon together. Another one and now the two of them where in close proximity. Best to just ignore him and thats what Callos did.

    So coming upon the copse of trees and the old campsite ws expected. And seeing as how it was all but unanimous to go and enter into the woods and looked for him he remained silent. Except for another yawn and some grumbling.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

    Spoiler
    Show




  13. - Top - End - #763
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Achkby looks over the armorer's wares, his eyes falling onto a small set of mithral chainmail glistening wetly in a small maple chest. "An excellent choice, sir," says the armorer unctiously.

    Yix wanders around, flitting from mannikin to tabletop to cabinet. His beady eyes note a small backroom behind a curtain ...


    Meanwhile, Lumpy, Tiriel, Callos and Evendur approach the small clump of forest cautiously. This appears to be an island of trees left over from some ancient time when the Forest of Lethyr probably covered this entire part of the continent.

    There is enough space between the trees for the wagon to pass between with care. The bare branches allow in gray light from the winter sun, casting crazed shadows on the hard, icy ground.

    There is no sign of either the lizardman or the drow. If they were here once, they must certainly have moved on, or perhaps taken shelter somewhere. Just when the four of you are ready to abandon the search, a branch cracks noisily off to your left ...

  14. - Top - End - #764
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Yix

    Yix speaks to the blacksmith telling him what a fine lad Achkby is, and how he should cut him a deal, as if he were the man's inner conscience (hopefully spelled it right since I have no idea). If this doesn't phase the man, Yix will stealthily steal behidn the curtain.

    ((Move Silently: +11
    Hide: +23))

  15. - Top - End - #765
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Tiriel

    Draws her sword and turns, trying to sight what made the noise.

    Spot - (1d20+4)[19]

    [ooc:...in board dice roller hates me.]
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

  16. - Top - End - #766
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Lumpy

    Lumpy dismounts immediately at the sound, not wanting to be caught on horseback should something unpleasant show itself. There was an off-chance that it was their missing reptile, which might save them a lot of trouble.

    He unloops his flail, stretching the links to keep undue noise to a minimum.

    He didn't trust his luck THAT much. Carefully, he begins edging his way towards the noise. Best to get things over with.

  17. - Top - End - #767
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Dark_Stalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Behind you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Evendur

    Evendur mutters another comand word, and his shining armor moulds back into the traveling clothes he was wearing. His hand goes tohis sword, but he doesn't draw it yet, pearing into the undergrowth and cursing the fact that he left his shield in the cart.

    [Gah, can't find my character sheet. I remember that I put it somewhere else, but can't work out which site yet. Spot wil be untrained, though, and I'm fairly sure he has a wisdom of 12, so 1d20+1, if you would please, Dr. Bob]
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

    Kurt

  18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Callos_DeTerran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ...

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Callos

    When the twig snapped he looked up in its direction and cursed softly. That had better be the lizardman or they might have just walked right into a trap. But what was the best way to draw out the druid if it was him so he didn't accidentally attack the four of them? Well there was certainly one way...Standing up grandiosely he flipped his shadowstuff cape over his shoulder and pointed towards the source of the noise.

    "Who ever lays in hiding over there reveal yourself! If not I'll burn your hiding spot to cinders with black unnatural magick like you've never seen!"

    ((OOC: I figure is it is Sss that will draw him out pretty quick.))
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

    Spoiler
    Show




  19. - Top - End - #769
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Lumpy

    Lumpy facepalms, smacking a gauntleted hand against his bony forehead with a metallic *thwak*

    "Great, lets piss him off first. Absolutely brilliant. If that's the druid, I'm not stepping between the two'a ya."

  20. - Top - End - #770
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Tiriel

    Tiriel grimaces, "Real smooth Callos. Tell you what, next time you do that, you stand in front.
    Well, I guess there's no reason to be careful anymore." She says to Lumpy with a shrug.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

  21. - Top - End - #771
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Trinark, Drow Cleric of Eilistraee

    A familiar drow in armor bearing Eilistraeeite symbols steps out into the open.

    "Please do not. I've had my fill of dark.. unnatural... magic for my lifetime"
    he directs to Callos.

    The drow carries his shield by his side and his sword is sheathed and hangs by his side. He smiles wanly at the others.

    "Well met."
    "I was returning to look for you. Our mutual reptilian friend sustained some injuries. He's lying next to a warm fire in a cave back there"

    As the others step closer, they notice some bruises on his face and the dents on his armor.

    "I have healed what I can but he needs warmth and rest and I cannot move him by myself.", he states with a worried expression

    He stands and listens to you update him of the developments in town before smiling.

    "That IS a problem. Well follow me back then. We'll need to think of something"
    Ryan Atwood
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Callos_DeTerran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ...

    Default The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Callos

    He couldn't help it. He really couldn't. Callos knew better then to antagonize those he travelled with, it had been drilled into his head just from being around Djital long enough and watching how he had commanded the mercenaries. But he couldn't help it. Twisting his head to look at Lumpy nd Tiriel the older human gave a very...self-important smirk as he gave a short wave to Trinark.

    "You and me both Trinark. So where is scaley? Will the wagon be able to get to him or are some of us going to have to carry him?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

    Spoiler
    Show




  23. - Top - End - #773
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Dark_Stalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Behind you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Evendur

    Evendurrelaxes his stance at the apearence of the Drow. Another of the people Karzak had traveled with.

    "Hurt? I can possibly help. My trust in my lady gives me some power over the hurts of others. Lead me to him and I shall do what I can."
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

    Kurt

  24. - Top - End - #774
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Trinark keeps himself hooded from the daylight, squinting uncomfortably from beneath his shadowy cowl.

    The drow leads you to a small cave, nestled between two large rock outcroppings. Inside the cave is surprisingly dry and warm. Primitive charcoal and ochre paintings line the walls. Inside you find the lizardman tending to his wounds. His more serious wounds seems to be knitting together before your eyes, though it may be another day or two before they are fully healed. He notes your arrival without surprise. He seems quiet and withdrawn, even for him.

    You hear a shouting voice outside, "Hullo! Hullo! Where are ye Scaley?"

    Alarmed just for a moment, you quickly recognize the voice as Thokk's. Apparently the dwarf decided to follow after your group and, as is his way, has chosen not to make any attempt to disguise his approach, blundering noisily through the woods on his warhorse. Lumpy sighs and slips outside to meet Thokk, more to simply silence him than because his presence is needed.

    Now that the six of you are reunited, you have to decide whether to try to make it back to Tammar or to spend the night in the cave. The days are short this close to the winter solstice. Lumpy isn't sure you'll be able to make it back to the city by nightfall.


    Meanwhile, Achkby negotiates for the mithral chain armor. The armorer shakes his head for a moment, as though he had just thought of something, then wipes his hands on his leather apron and goes back to haggling. Yix finds himself unable to communicate with the burly man. It is almost as if his mind is shielded somehow ...
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2006-12-10 at 04:06 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #775
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Lumpy

    The scarred orc seems torn over their myriad options,

    "It's right risky making a break fer Tammar now. Nights're getting even colder and it's getting clearer that the lizard ain't holding up on that real well. We need a fire, and we can't light one anywhere near the city without raising undue concern, I reckon."

    He considers this for a moment,

    "More ta the point, I ain't sure we need ta risk going THROUGH it in the first place. Might be the best way ta deal with getting the druid and the drow throught the crossroads is ta just take them the long way around. Have a few folk go back through the city ta round up the others and stock up on supplies while we get all the way past the city through the woods and wait on the far side.

  26. - Top - End - #776
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Yix

    Yix takes note of this odd possibility, and continues his persuit in more devious matters, such as sneaking back behind the curtain he has found.

  27. - Top - End - #777
    Orc in the Playground
     
    sacreddeamon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Thokk

    "Ach, Scaley are ye OK? I remember yer headin out but never commin back. Ye gave us a fright, lad. Here, brought somethin to warm yer up."

    *Thokk pulls out of his saddle bag a heavy woolen winter blanket and drapes it around Ss*

  28. - Top - End - #778
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HempRope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

    Where has Yix got to? Nice of him to come along, but I'm really not in the mood to chase him down if he's gotten lost. Is he like that idiot Druid? I mean, in more than just getting himself lost, does he slow down in the cold? He hasn't so far, but Bess was keeping him warm... hmm, I'd better wrap up here and see where he's gotten to. I wonder if the shopkeep will be mad if the kid knocks something down...

    "But I'mm telling you," he bargains by rote as he thinks, "That's unreasonable; I understand that conditions are different here than where's there's real competition for a store like this, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to pay three-hundred more than I would anywhere else."
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

    GO BLUE

    The biggest problem with the alignment system is that it encourages us to choose.

  29. - Top - End - #779
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Dark_Stalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Behind you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Evendur

    Evendur tentatively crouches down by the passive Lizardman.

    "I know you don't think much of me, but I am sorry for Karzaks death, no matter what you might think. I can help heal you, if you would allow me..."

    Evendur arches an eyebrow at the Lizardman, waiting patintly for some kind of reply.
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

    Kurt

  30. - Top - End - #780
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

    Tiriel

    Tiriel sighs when she sees that both Trinark and the lizardman have sustained injury during their absence. She joins Evendur and noticing the wary look the lizardman is giving him, she nods.
    "He's not Karzak - but he is a good person. Trust takes time, but you should let him do you this favor."

    Tiriel then leaves the two of them to work out what ever differences they may have, hoping that the lizardman will at least accept some healing as a kind of "truce."
    She to the cave entrance, noting that the sun has started setting. "I agree with Lumpy - we'd be better off spending the night here and getting an early start tomorrow. I'll go see if I can find some wood for a fire, anyone else coming?"
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •