New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Trinark

Trinark took the 2 small bags of gold coins without comment. He was still growing accustomed to the idea of having personal wealth.

He took a brief stroll around the building to see if he could locate the Druid, but he was no where to be found. He furrowed his brow in annoyance. It figures he would venture out at this late hour.

Trinark decided to locate a spot near the main hallway and the stairs. He retrieved a cushon from the main room, and sat down on the floor to wait. He slipped into his typical state of light meditation, knowing that if the Druid came back he would see him first.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Elthan

The sorcerer gets up from his position and takes a seat next to the lizardkin. He sits in silence for a bit before daring conversation. As always, out of respect, he speaks to the druid in draconic. "Have you just been meditating out here this whole time? There's a need for reflection, but to spend all night out here alone seems a bit much. Come inside with the rest of the group. We've been separted long enough, it would be an injustice to keep you and your wisdom locked outside."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

3. - Top - End - #63

So, does Achkby get Aeroz's 150?

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Achkby doesn't reply to Fizahn's ridicule, and mostly keeps to himself for the rest of the evening.

They seem to trust the new man, Nolan, more than me. Of this whole group, many of us having pulled through the Underdark together, the person they trust the most is the guy we picked up a few days ago. Not that I wanted to guard the ring -- oh, no! But to think they trust him to carry it more than, say, Aeroz, who's been on this... this quest since it began... it's ridiculous.

Achkby does, though, offer Nolan some twine as a makeshift necklace.
    He retires fairly early, bidding all a polite good night.

In a bit of a bad temper, he tosses his things in a pile on the table, secures every part of the window he can against the cold outside, and slides in to the bed.
    He almost forgets to cast the quick spell to clean hisself and clothes, but not quite.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fizahn:

Fizahn grins mockingly at Achkby once more before taking his share. He talks freely among the group. He smiles and offers no complaints to the splitting of the loot. After a while small-talking with the group, he heads toward bed. He makes sure to bathe before locking up his room. After all that talk, Achkby still got a share. I suppose it's a fair split, but I'd still like more. He grins ruefully before going to sleep.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

5. - Top - End - #65

The party gathers outside the keep early in the morning after a quick, simple breakfast. The sun is rising behind the Thesk Mountains far to the east. From the raised vantage point of the Keep, you can see the Forest of Lethyr to the north, and a glimmer of the Lesser Elth River to the west (where you had first encountered the hydra).

The road to Rashemen runs roughly northeast. The journey will be lonely and perilous suggests Lord Ulrich. Eventually you will reach Lake Mulsantir, which will be frozen at this time of the year, allowing passage. Lady Ulrich stands by her Lord's side, holding his hand and wishing you all a good journey.

The orcs are in a fine mood. They've groomed and dressed your mounts and are all smiles.

Katrin is back, having slipped back into her room sometime in the early morning. She makes no comment about her door being kicked in.

Some eyes look back to the west for any signs of Delphinia or Hajih.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphinia

Gladi and her rider come padding into view when the first of the group begin to assemble for the day. She says nothing, and stops the dog a few feet off from everyone else.

7. - Top - End - #67

Lizardkin Druid
    Night before..

The druid looks to the wizard. His lip curls up into the slightest of smiles.

"I wanted to glimpse the future"
    He frowsn in worry.

"But something stopped me"
    He pauses before continuing
    "With no guidance , i know not how i must save sheyra and kill sethra once and for all"

He idly pulls at some dried grass on the ground
    "Someone must know a way to end this...

They both rise and go inside. His unease at entering a human dwelling while not as strong as before still lingers.
    The memory of the ferryman's hut returns.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

8. - Top - End - #68

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

Nyssa rises early, says some brief prayers to Kelemvor, and then meditates.

She's already bundled in furs and one of the earlier ones to gather outside. She seeks out Kiah and Elthan first. "Elthan, Kiah, I think the idea of having a group fund for expenses that are unfairly placed on some and not others is a good one. I'm not sure how we can implement it for a group of this size, though. But I want to at least say that I am willing to contribute for myself and my brother."

She knows little of the new group that had been added, and assumes they will all be travelling forward together, to warn the northlands of the army.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kiah

Kiah rises well before dawn, bundles herself up well, and goes outside to meditate and pray. She has a lot to do after her ordeal yesterday. So much in fact, that the sun has risen by the time she finishes. She only has time to grap some breakfast to go and head out to where the group is marshalling.

Nyssa approaches her to say a few words. Kiah replies
    "Damn good idea. Especially since it'll mostly be stuff I would need to keep you lot healthy. Thank you for it."

She chooses a place carefully. Not in the group, but not apart from it either. Putting her bedroll on the ground she sits cross-legged and eats her breakfast, waiting for the latecomers to arrive.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Halfling in the Playground

Nolan

Not needing much sleep but grateful for the peace and quiet afforded by everyone else slumbering, Nolan begins the morning with his usual exercises and stretches. The magic ring entrusted to the night before hangs around his neck from a sturdy leather cord.

He finds Nyssa with Kiah discussing the group funds. "I am also willing to let Nyssa contribute for the two of us in this matter," he says dryly before hefting Nyssa's pack over to the cart.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Katrin

Katrin slips out of her room late in the morning, not looking very well rested. She bolts down her breakfast and gathers her posessions together as quickly as she can, but she is still the last to get outside. She mounts her horse silently, hoping she isn't holding the group up.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih

Hajih and his cart come into view shortly after Delphinia arrives.

The ranger waves cheerfully as he comes up to the group, but stops when he sees Kiah.

"Mornin', you going to be joining us?" he asks, a grin on his face.

Curled up beside him on the cart is a mottled grey wolf, it growls quietly.

"So..." Hajih inquires, pausing to take a drink from his flask "...When we headin' out?"
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kiah

to Hajih
    "Hope to" says Kiah simply "...at least until I have a better idea of what is going on." Kiah stands up so she can see the wolf in the cart better. "Nice wolf." she comments, and turning back to Hajih continues "I don't believe I know your name. I'm Kiah. I gave a little speech in the dinning room last night asking to join the group for a bit. 'seems like I missed quite a lot of you." She glances over the 4 or 6 that where not in the room. "So here I am waiting for an answer."

14. - Top - End - #74

Aeroz

Being one of the first to get up in the morning, Aeroz has a quick breakfast and gears up. He spends the time afterwards polishing his weapons and readying his equipment.

While everyone gathers to leave, Aeroz waits quietly until most of the group is present.

"You know, one of these days I should look at a map to see where the hell we are actually headed. Speaking of which, no one let Colonel Bluehat lead the way. I'm not making that same mistake again..."

[OOC: DR, I was wondering if it was a little too late to go supply shopping. PMing you my list.]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

15. - Top - End - #75

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

Nyssa, still standing nearby, overhears Kiah. Well, my brother and I just started following them and they didn't tell us to go away, but I suppose an official invitation would have been nice.

She walks to Kiah, and extends a hand. "By the power vested in me by absolutely no one at all, welcome to the team. I believe that is as official an invitation as you can expect to recieve here."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*Thokk spends his morning being once again surprisingly good-natured, talking to the Orcs, eating a large breakfast and seeing different workers in the castle. He soon gathers up all his belongings, reigns in his horse, and prepares to leave*

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Despite another night of subpar sleep, Lumpy manages to beat the sun up, perhaps finding some comfort in a regular waking schedule. His morning routine is as regimented as his night, all order and honed reflex as he dons his armor and clothing and repacks his things.

By the time he's left his room, his militaristic demeanor has faded, shoulders slouching a bit as he steps out into the light of the coming dawn. He is quiet for much of the preparation to the journey, seeming pleased to find his mount tended to but unwilling to vocalize upon it. he eventually settles with a grateful grunt in the general direction of the orcs.

He breaks his silence as Kiah resubmits her proposal, drawling a lazy response, with a bit less bite than usual,

"I ain't'a mind ta question people's judgement no more. If yer tagging along, that's yer risk ta take. All I ask is ya make yerself useful, 'cause we ain't got overmuch use fer hangers-on. Ain't no picnic we're going on."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kiah

to Nyssa
    Kiah looks surprised at Nyssa's pronouncement. She looks around at the others - most of which continue to ignore the proceedings - and snorts.

"Thank you girl, if that's all I'm going to get I best take it."

As Lumpy says his piece she picks up her bag and walks over to the other cart (the one without the wolf) "I'll hold my own" she replies to him. Then she addresses the driver "If you don't mind I'll hitch a ride here. My donkey got eaten." Without waiting for an answer she climbs on.

(OOC: there are 2 carts right?)

(EDIT: to reply to Lumpy, he beat me by a few seconds)

19. - Top - End - #79

Fizahn:

Fizahn awakes brisk and refreshed. Fizahn spends the morning socializing and checking his belongings. He overhears Nyssa 'officially' inviting Kiah to join the group. He smiles at her and pipes up cheerfully. "Yeah, that's as official as it gets, unless I conduct the experiment. Pretty much anyone's allowed to tag along, assuming they don't want to hurt anyone in the group. It's an extremely diverse group. We've got all sorts of gnome-oids from all types of proffesions. Everyone can do their own thing and we respect each other's privacy. There is, however, a tight-knit inner circle that was formed when traveling through the underdark. You don't become involved in the companionship, trust, and intrigue of that unless you travel with us for quite some time." Fizahn leaves Kiah and Nyssa to think about what he said and hops onto Hajih's cart. He spends a few seconds examining the wolf. "This your kid now Hajih? I knew a ranger had a pet once. Aholoh was Graevic's badger. A badger I was rather attatched to, being able to talk to the little critter. Pity what happened to them though." Hajih might recognize Graevic as one of the names Fizahn mentioned at the pool where Thokk was ressurected, or he might not.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kiah

Kiah turns to Nyssa "Makes you feel warm and welcome all over don't it?"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih

He bows to Kiah "My name's Hajih, and don't worry about the rest of these folk, they're mostly harmless."

"Yeah, I found him in the woods" Hajih remarks to Fizhan "his name is Fluffy" The wolf raises its head and growls at Hajih.

"Alright, guess he doesn't like that name...I'm sure I'll think of something else." He smiles and takes a drink from his flask.
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

22. - Top - End - #82
    Halfling in the Playground

Nolan

Nolan makes a small awkward bow to Kiah. "Welcome. Fair warning: in a day or two you may be given valuable treasure you have absolutely no interest in," he says stiffly, finding it difficult to maintain eye contact with the stranger.

23. - Top - End - #83

Achkby arises sort of in the middle of people waking, but is nonetheless one of the last few out the door. He dawdles his way downstairs, and eats a slow breakfast of hot porridge.

This stuff really tastes fantastic after so long on the road. I wonder if it travels well. Nah, bet not.

Achby emerges from the hall behind Fizahn, and grimaces at the sight of the mounts again. Heaving a little sigh, he wanders over near his pony and hovers a yard or so away, waiting until the very last moment to actually climb on the creature.
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

24. - Top - End - #84

Elthan

Last Night
    "If you need guidance, you have plenty of friends to find it from. We aren't too sure how we will finish this either, but we will find a way. We're the heros of this tale, aren't we?"

Morning
    Elthan takes his first good rest since the encounter with the specters, and stays in bed a bit longer than usual. He throws his pack into his cart along with anyone hitching a ride in it.

When Nyssa offer to contribute to the group funds, Elthan gives a nod and a smile. "I'm glad we have some support. Even if it's just the four of us."

After getting everything set, Elthan checks up on the lizardkin. "Druid! Are you prepared to go? We've finsihed our official welcomings to the new ones, and we will require help keeping ribbons off of Hajihs new pet."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

25. - Top - End - #85

Lizardkin Druid

The reptilian has a pained expression but otherwise does not seem perturbed.
    " Do not call him a pet.."
    While the words seem curt. His level tone and matter-of-factness about it conveyed tolerance over a minor mistake more than anything else.

He looks at Hajih and back at the wolf. He seems to think something before shaking his head.

He looks at the sun hefting his pack before looking back to the others.

"I protect my pack.. all of it. We know where Sethra is. I'm going back for Sheyra now"

Without my pack... without guidance...
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Lumpy
    "I'd rather walk."

26. - Top - End - #86

At the Druid's words, Achkby sees the entire journey flash before his eyes. He envisions most of the group following the stubborn, idiotic lizard back the way they had come. Everything is crumbling about him.

Nooooooooo...
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Ire rises in Lumpy's features as he turns abruptly, stalking across their gathering-place to impose himself between the lizardman and his intended destination. Unbothered by their gap in height, the burly orc fixes the druid with a belligerant stare,

"Like Hell ya are. Ain't no one, and I mean no one, going back that way until the situation's good and ready fer it. We just got our act back together, and I'm right tired'a folk running off helter-skelter on fool's errrands. There ain't nothing we can do fer the girl now, not until we know some useful information about the forces involved, and North is where we find that. Jumping the mark'll only kill ya, and that helps nobody."

28. - Top - End - #88

Tiriel

Tiriel had been quitely packing her few positions and generaly enjoying the morning. When she notices that Katrin has rejoined the group, she will make her way over to her friend.
    "Sorry about your door,"She mumbles, "I did try knocking but I was worried when you didn't answer. Did you happen to tell the lord about the note you found on the girl at the ferry landing?"

She quickly turns around as Lumpy starts ripping into the lizardman. Ahh great... Another disagreement. His heart's in the right place but his reasoning, it's not very sound. No one stands a chance agaist something that... big, alone. If the orc-man doesn't convince him, I'll have to try...
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Callos

Another fine morning had begun. The sun was up and shining, they where finally resuming their trek to the north, and perhaps the most important (to him at least) he had achieved a new level of arcane mastery. Even if he felt the business at the castle had perhaps gone a lot more smoothly, and been more productive, there could be no helping the matter now that he was already leaving.

Of course certain things did in fact bother him. Like why Hajih had simply appeared on the road with his cart in tow. Hadn't he fallen against the hydra? At least thats what Callos had believed. But not there was most certainly something more worrisome. Another delay. What was the lizardkin going on.....?

Oh no he doesn't! I will not have this mission be delayed once more simply because of his cultural ways of brotherhood amongst ones pack! Espicially when it won't be able to help!

So instead he came up behind the druid and laid a calming and stern hand on his shoulder before his voice dropped into the gutteral hisses of draconic.

"And what would you do once you got there? Sethra is now IN Sheyra, do you understand what this means? She is his new vessel and he will use that against you. Not only that but ow can you remove his foul presence? Your ways are off nature, not the Weave like my ways are. And if I cannot discover a way to exorcise Sheyra how will you? Trust me when I say this but us going North is the best thing for her now. And I will not allow you to delay our mission any more then any of you already have."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

30. - Top - End - #90

Lizardkin Druid

Ssathiya simply stands there quietly as Lumpy bursts out at him. He seemed to be listening and thinking.

But when Callos gave an answer as to why he should abandon his quest, he gives him a cold stare before replying:
    "You think little of the Balance"

His body language and tone seemed to convey that he hadn't expected Callos to know much about the natural order. Whether that might be due to a racial difference or because he was a mage was unclear.

"Was the way clear when I joined with them?"

He sweeps a hand to Fizahn, Elthan and Thokk.

"Was the way clear when I had a collar around my neck?"

He massages his neck, seemingly still feeling the chafe of cold iron and the laughter of Cloudhair's cursed race.
    The look of agony on his face passes. He addresses Lumpy now,
    "I knew not if we would find another as we watched you sail away..... but I BELIEVED!"

He snarls now at all present,
    "that and the kill of ssSethra drove me"
    A visible paroxysm of emotion passes through the lizardman, alarming those who had known the lizardman long enough. It seemed unnatural in a creature of cold contained fury if he had any emotion at all.

He stands erect and proud beside Elthan, eyes flickering to fizahn, thokk,Trinark and Tiriel. A long chat with this wizard who ran in his pack for many moons now had helped him find his words. words he had not known the night before.

To his friends he seemed even more sure of himself and yet paradoxically uncertain at the same time.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Spoiler
    Show

Lumpy
    "I'd rather walk."