New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1515
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Aeroz
    "Of that contest, yes. The Untherite king was more concerned with his survival at that point. However, the riddle does not imply that both kings would honour the rules set out for the contest. Elthan is correct."
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Bugbear in the Playground

As Elthan explains his reasoning, one of the heads starts to doze off. It tilts backwards eyes closed, and a giant rivulet of drool snakes its way down its cheek.

The bespectacled head, however, nods vigorously. "I agree. That is exactly what I proposed to the pilgrim! The pilgrim confirmed that this is exactly what occurred!"

The troll reaches around back and tosses one of the sacks towards you. It lands heavily near Elthan with an "OOOF!!!"

The nodding and tossing shakes the other head awake. Its eyes snap open, "Eat now?" The bespectacled head ignores the question.

"But the pilgrim went on to say that when the Untherite king downed the Mulhorandi potion (to neutralize the weak poison he had ingested earlier) then his own (fake) potion, the Untherite king died a prolonged and horrible death, much to his surprise and dismay.

"The Mulhorandi king drank the Untherite (fake) potion, then his own potion, and suffered no ill effects, winning the contest.

"And then the pilgrim added that the great wizard Thayd was shortly thereafter assassinated by poison, much to his surprise and dismay. Thus did Mulhorand recapture the land that came to be known as Thay, and thus did Unther and Mulhorand remain mortal enemies, their hatred lasting to this day.

"The second riddle is this: How did the Mulhorandi king outwit both the Untherite king and the great wizard Thayd?"
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2007-02-02 at 04:40 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Having kept silent until know, Lumpy snorts a chuckle. He wasn't all that great at riddles, but he knew a thing or two about dealing with deceit.

"Since the Mulhorandi likewise knew the Untherite couldn't make the better poison, it ain't hard ta assume he'd watch fer trickery. If he'd guessed the Untherite's plan, all he had ta do was bring a fake poison himself. The Untherite drinks his poison beforehand, then two fake potions and dies, while the Mulhorandi drinks two fake potions and lives."

He actually smirks slightly,

"Much ta the wizard's misfortune."

4. - Top - End - #1054

Tiriel

Tiriel stays quite knowing that logic and puzzles aren't her strong suite.

When Elthan solves the first puzzle and the troll throws down the first sack, Tiriel dismounts and cuts it open freeing whoever is inside.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

5. - Top - End - #1055

Elthan

Elthan ignores the dozing head, understanding the impact he often has on less attentive individuals. Though, to be said, it was strange to have only half a person paying attention.

He responds rather quickly to this one, but is more concise that previously. "This is actually slightly simpler than the last. Lumpy is quite right; Understanding the Untherites plan, the simplest way to kill two birds would be to bring his own facsimile to the stand-off; The Untherite thus poisons himself."

"It is also that he understands Thayds motives, and thus leads Thayd to believe the Mulhorandi have concocted a great poison by the events. Being so misled, Thayd will thus procure it for his protection. Once in the face of death, Thayd drinks the brew in hopes to counter-act the poison he received, but because he has been tricked, dies."

He leans back again, this time spreading his legs forward and sending his arms backwards to hold himself up. "It's a shame I don't have any good riddles to give you as well. I've always been good at solving, but I've always lacked that necessary element to create a decent puzzle." he says candidly.

He whimsically turns the others, "I bet ten gold Hajih is in the first sack."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

6. - Top - End - #1056

Fizahn:

Despite having new short hair and a brown three cornered hat with a dark green plume, Fizahn is not any more sociable. He is now wearing black trousers, a dark green coat trimmed with gold, and a black cloak with a hood. The cloak's hood does not appear to be of much use to him at this time, as he is quite enjoying his hat. The coat seems specially fitted to go over his chain shirt.

He doesn't seem to be bothered by the people under the blanket at first. As they approach and he sees that the sacks obviously contain someone alive, and he's pretty sure he knows who they are, he tenses and looks at his crossbow. As Lissa's head pops out, he smiles. I probably could have escaped. He also smiles as Elthan agrees to answer riddles for the monster. At least there will be very little loss of life. I hope Elthan's as good as he thinks. They'll probably try to kill us afterwards, but at least our friends won't be in their grasps at that time.

Fizahn frowns as he listens to the first riddle. Say what? Now that's just confusing. He looks at Elthan as the half-elf responds. Wow. It makes sense, but I don't think I could have come up with that. He grins as the second riddle is told. "That's easy. These people weren't very good at sequels were they?"
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-02-03 at 09:48 AM. Reason: plume
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Callos DeTerran

At first elation had filled him when he had heard that they might be able to get everyone back if they only were answer three riddles. Of course they miss a riddle and this...thing would be allowed to keep a hostage. He was even all ready to put his intellect to the task and work his brains on the riddles.

That was when he heard the first one and just stopped. Wow...he hadn't even expected something that complex. Try as he might, he couldn't think of the answer. Which is when Elthan elaborated on the answer and he was left...well...stunned.

"Er...good job Elthan....I guess I'm not so good at riddles."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #1058

The fell troll listens carefully to each of your explanations. Slowly comprehension creeps across the bespectacled troll's face. He nods slowly.

"I believe that you have it right. Well done. Well done indeed."

Not following the conversation at all, the other head comments, "The pilgrim was tasty!"

Reaching behind him the fell troll tosses the second sack toward you, keeping Lissa safely tucked in his other arm.

Tiriel kneels down beside the sacks and cuts them open with two swift strokes. Before her lie two men.

The first is pale and thin. He has delicate facial features and short dark hair. Black feathers appear to be stuck randomly in his hair. When he opens his eyes, they have an unnatural blue-white hue. He quickly squints against the sunlight.

The other man is stocky. His hair is also black, but longer. His facial features are rough-hewn. His eyes are green, matching the green in his green, brown and gray outfit.

9. - Top - End - #1059

Elthan

"On the contrary Fizahn," Elthan points, "That was a very good follow up to the first part. Without the first question to lead into it, the second would be twice as difficult as the first would have been, as one would end up stuck on determining how powerful each poison was (the Untherite, the Mulhorandi, and Thayds assassins) in comparison to each other rather than the simple logical conclusion that neither side created a poison at all."

He turns his head to see who Tiriel has excavated from the bag. "Those.. They do not look remarkably Hajih-like at all, do they?" his brain stalls at the outcome. "At least one of them would have been someone unconcerned, but both? Hajih must still be with Valentine, but then why is Lissa here? Another riddle, I suppose."

"Still, one puzzle at a time." He redirects his attention back to the troll. "So friend, tell us the last part of the riddle. I'm curious as to what other twist this story can produce." he says informally.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!

10. - Top - End - #1060

The Man With Feathers In His Hair

The freed captive scrambles a few paces back, clearly apprehensive of his saviors. He blinks his bright, clear eyes for a few moments before pushing himself to his feet and muttering, "My life has GOT to be worth more than a thrice-damned..."

With a sigh, he collects himself. Standing a bit shy of six feet and supported by a rather delicate frame, the man is certainly not imposing, at least in a physical sense. His large, red-rimmed eyes are colored a brilliant ice-blue and accentuated by black kohl eyeliner, which has unfortunately smeared. He smiles, full lips highlighting a rather delicate face, which is completely beardless despite his somewhat unkempt appearance. Most startlingly of all, black feathers protrude at random from his similarly-colored hair, which is itself cut in a feathered style. He wears no armor and is clad simply in the heavy clothing necessary for travelling in the region.

His sharp eyes scan the faces of his rescuers, and he seems to avoid locking eyes with Tiriel. At first he appears to be counting them, numbering them off one by one with an index finger, but seems to be satisfied halfway through. He turns to face the troll and smiles.

Callos, Thokk, Elthan, Lumpy, Evendur, and Lissa all hear a sharp whisper in common:

Spoiler
    Show
    "You've bought yourselves another arm in battle, should this childish riddle game go sour. If you're hearing this, you'll be able to whisper to all seven of us for the next hour or so--perhaps we can form a battle plan or privately discuss a solution to the next riddle. I'm afraid any further introduction will have to wait."

This was, by the way, a Message spell, Mr. DM

That "said", he squints at the troll. His fury and embarassment at being captured barely held back by his concern for the still-trapped gnome.
    Last edited by Koji; 2007-02-03 at 06:40 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1061

Stocky man

With difficulty, the stocky man pushes himself up. He wobbles a bit on his legs, his muscles protesting the time spent in the bag and the final toss. Looking up and around, he whistles a quick note.

His first words are :
    "Thank you ! Thank you so much !"
    to Tiriel. He bows awkwardly to her.

He could hardly present a more contrasted sight to the other unlucky stranger : he is fairly short, but his arms show muscle. He has the thick black hair that you have learned to associate with Rashemen, yet his eyes are green, a Damaran's green. He is not exactly ugly, but there is some mismatch in his proportions - easy to see, hard to describe. Arms too long, slightly prominent nose... Still, he manifests a certain force of will in the set of his jaw, softened by the look of consideration in his eyes.

Ignoring the creaks in his neck, he is trying to simultaneously gauge the group, keep an eye on his former captor and check his possessions, which mainly consist of a backpack, a bow and quiver. He spends a longer time eyeing the bow, which you notice is engraved with silver runes.

He seems perplexed by the whole situation.

[OOC: I have called Kir]

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Orc in the Playground

Evendur

Evendur looks unsuprised at the lack of familiar faces. He nods to the freed men before turning back on his horse to face the two-headed creature and the next ridle. His eyes do widen momentarialy at the whisper that caries to him. He imediately identifies the feather-headed man as the source, being the one who was doing least. It was always the quiet ones. He nods again, this time directly at him, acknolwedging his message. Unsure how it would work, he tries whispering back.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you, friend."

What weird cusoms some people have. I mean feathers in your hair? What will they come up with next.
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

Kurt

13. - Top - End - #1063

Lizardkin Druid

The druid grunts as two strangers emerge from the sacks. The mad ranger was still missing and unlikely to be in the same sack as Lissa.

They needed this creature alive. Right now, the troll was their only link to Blue-Hat. He hefts his shield and prepares to rush the creature should Lissa not be secured... or if no answers were forthcoming
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

14. - Top - End - #1064

Tiriel

Damn it. Where the hell is Hajih? Tiriel finds herself irrationally angered at appearance of the two strange men. Sure, rescuing them was all well and good, but she'd hoped to get Lissa and Hajih back first before strangers.

Tiriel stands just shy of 6' and if one were to age her, a correct guess would place her in the early twenties. She's clad in a tarnished suit of lightweight chain mail and her blond hair is pulled back by a tie at the base of her neck. Currently her attractive features are marred by a scowl as she considers the newcomers.

Settling her features into something more pleasant she nods to the burly man and then addresses them both,
    "We've still got one more riddle to go - we'll talk after this is over."

She turns her back to them and returns to her horse, trying to mask her frustration and silently praying that Lissa will be returned without conflict.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Callos

Oh sweet merciful heavens, one of them is a spellcaster! From looks alone I'd gauge a fairly eccentric one from the make-up and feathers. Odd he doesn't look at Tiriel though...

The medium sized human swept opal eyes over the two mean who had come out of the sack, a frown flicking across his pale and slightly hollow looking face. A hand came up to sweep short brown hair back from his eyes and he had to restrain a yawn. Not getting too much sleep apparently. Dressed oddly too. Adventuring clothes that seemed to define no particular profession, though the thick book held in one hand was a good giveaway, they seemed...muted almost. Shadowstuff clothing that the middle-aged human had ceased to mind. There was an irriatable look in his eyes when he heard the message and with a sigh, closed his own to respond.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Nows not the greatest of times to sending unseen voices into people's heads, Feathers. This is a rather tense situation if you hadn't noticed. So wait until the danger has passed before trying to squirm your way into our good graces with promises of aid."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

16. - Top - End - #1066

Man With Feathers In His Hair

He tenses visibly, having hoped for a better reaction.`

The troll must have kept the little one because she's a better bargaining chip. He'd be a fool to consider her more of a meal than me or the bowman.

Another message follows.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Then I'll stay my hand for now. Just know that the spell isn't simply linking all of you to me--we all share the connection, even the gnome.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ach, ye gods. Two more people fall upon us. Out of curiosity, either of yer know any obscure languages?"

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix
    Yix appears delighted at being a small small part of the rescue party for these two fine new people, but he realizes that Lissa is still in the sack near a hungry troll mouth. "Next riddle, next riddle." Yix urges the troll hoping to finally end its shenanigans.

19. - Top - End - #1069

The two men rise to their feet cautiously. Neither is armed. Both look up and around at their benefactors, blinking as their eyes adjust to the sunlight.

Off to one side, a humpbacked half-orc slouches on the back of his horse, eyeing the situation suspiciously. Behind and off to one side rides an elf rogue, an elegant, jeweled rapier at his side, a cynical smirk on his face.

The striking blonde warrior sheathes her longsword and swings herself back up into her saddle in a single smooth movement. She turns her horse back around to face you.

Directly in front of you, a half-elf sits crosslegged on the frozen ground. He is the one who has been answering the fell troll's riddles. Beside the half elf is a tiny, cat-sized dragon - perhaps the half-elf's familiar?

A reptilian warror stands near the half-elf, his shield and club raised protectively. Also nearby is a sullen halfling carrying a longspear, pointed at the ground for the moment, but ready to be used at a moment's notice.

Behind this group are two mounted knights. One is a handsome paladin in golden armor. The other is a heavily armored dwarf, perched atop a mighty warhorse. The dwarf wears a glistening white cape.

Off to the other side is a traveling cart. The man with the spellbook sits in the cart along with a man in a hooded robe and the snappily dressed gnome.

Beside the cart a crossbow-wielding rogue sits astride her horse, her face hidden in the shadows of her hood. Though the crossbow is held in her lap, the tip of the loaded bolt points directly at the fell troll.

The fell troll reaches forward, holding Lissa out in the palm of one hand, offering her to Elthan.

"The third riddle? Oh, it's an easy one ..."

Both of the troll heads smile, revealing enormous, wickedly sharp fangs.

Together they whisper, "What's ... for ... dinner?"
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2007-02-03 at 05:59 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

Katrin

Katrin sits astride her horse, beside the cart. She is rather tall and of average build. She holds her crossbow low, but pointed at the troll-creature. Her face is obscured by her hood.

Until then, Katrin had patiently remained silent, leaving the talking to Elthan, who she realizes is smarter than her. She knows she probably would have taken a significant amount of time to figure out those riddles. She watches quizzically as the feather-headed man's and Evendur's expressions change unexpectedly with no apparent reason. When the third riddle is asked, she swears silently and raises her crossbow again, sensing hostile intent. "You'll have your own feet for dinner if you hurt a hair on Lissa's head!" she says warningly.

(OOC: Good idea, Frojoe.
    Initiative (1d20+3=19))
    Last edited by blackfox; 2007-02-03 at 09:09 PM.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

21. - Top - End - #1071

Aeroz
    "Why must everything we meet want to eat us. It really isn't fair." Aeroz sighs as he draws his rapier and wills it to light itself aflame.

"Feathers and Green, if you can do anything of use, that would be most appreciated"

[OOC: Init=11]
    Last edited by Frojoe21; 2007-02-03 at 08:51 PM.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

22. - Top - End - #1072

Tiriel

I knew it! The bastard.
    Tiriel draws her Longsword and prepares to enter into mounted combat with the troll.

Tiriel casts Aid on herself.
    HP: 45 + 1d8+4=12= 57
    AC: 20
    +1 to attack, +1 to saves vs. fear
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

It always seemed to end up like this for this group Yix surmises, as he once again rushes at the troll, his tail ready to strike. "I could really use a weapon." Yix thinks as he closes the gap between himself and the hulking figure ahead of him.

((Initiative: 1d20+2=18

Attack (charge): 1d20+6+2=26

HP: 25
    AC: 18-2 (charge)= 16))

24. - Top - End - #1074

Elthan

Elthan does not change expressions, still retaining a look of excitement, curiosity, and knowledge. He nods his head in agreement with the troll. "Indeed, it would appear to be an easy one, but before anyone tries to answer that, let me give you a riddle of my own. It's really rather simple."

"Once there was a group of travelers, about eleven in number, who, while traveling north, had lost two of their dear members. Upon reaching a fork, they encountered a troll. This troll had in his possession three sacks, one of which turned out to possess one of their lost friends."

"Now, this troll was different from other trolls they had met. In addition to having a second head, he was quite willing to engage the travelers verbally and offer them a trade to regain what they had hoped would be both of their friends, and possibly another wayward soul."

"The one who engaged the troll was a half-elf, an ordinary fellow by any standard. In a crowd, one might lose him because he simply did not stand out very much at all. Now, before he had answered a single riddle, he had thought to himself, 'What will the troll do once he gives up his meal?' It was in so thinking he felt a bit sorry for accepting a deal on which his riddler would go hungry if the elf had won, but, being as nice a fellow as he was, he came to a conclusion. He thought, 'Well, since he's been so nice, why don't we invite him to come along with us to the next town, and pay him back for the lost meal.' So, once all was said and done, he set himself to make the offer."

At this point Elthan stands up and takes Lissa's hand, guiding her off the hand and onto the ground. "So my question is this; Did the Troll wish to incite the twelve rejoined travelers and his two released hostages by making a demand of them, or did the Troll accept the half-elfs offer for repayment of his loss in exchange for the refreshing change of pace in attitude and intellectual challenge he had provided?" He takes a step back with Lissa and gives a grin to the Troll. While most adventures would have a sneering and malevolent grin, feeling proud as if out-witting and out-powering a dull beast, his was simply a calm smile. Perhaps Elthan was naive (to a great extent showing in the death of his clone, who had tried to appeal to a sense or emotion that did not exist in the lich), but he knew how to deliver an ultimatum.

"Yix! Stop!" he yells as the dragon charges forward.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

25. - Top - End - #1075

Man with Feathers in His Hair

Elated at the chance to exact revenge on the two-headed troll, the thin man steps several paces away from the creature, shouting, "If you were half as smart as you pretend to be, you'd never have let me go! I'm going to melt those spectacles into the back of your eyeballs!"

((Init. Roll 1d20+1=10))

He moves his hands and mumbles the beginning of an incantation, watching the troll's every move.
    Last edited by Koji; 2007-02-04 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Didn't realize how it was supposed to work :X

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Orc in the Playground

Evendur

Evendur's hand tightens on his sword hilt again and he half draws it when he hears Elthan speak up. He stays his hand, but does not replace the blade, leaving it htere, an open threat of defensive capability to the troll's obvious sudden hostility. His gleaming silver armor etched intricately in golden swirling patterns reminiscent of locks of curling hair gleams menacingly.

Chiseled features set in an unreadable mask he sits as still as a statue, waiting for the troll-creature to sign it's death warent or back down.
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

Kurt

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Were it not for the fact that he sat atop a bedraggled warhorse, Lumpy would likely register to viewers as one of the shortest half-orcs they'd ever laid eyes upon. As a point of fact, his squat build more closely resembles that of a dwarf, a connections strengthened by the full, braided beard on his chin, yet negated by olive green skin, lupine ears, and the glint of fangs.

Even mounted, his very stature seems somehow misplaced, a sort of asymmetry to his carriage. This is strengthened by an almost-grotesque degree of musculature on what parts of his body are distinguishable beneath his battered armor. Lumps and bulges accentuate his incredibly stout form, conveying a knotted, gnarled sort of strength that the orcblood looks ready and willing to share with the world.

The dour orc's ugly mug shifts from a suspicious sneer to a snarling glare. He reacts rather quickly, perhaps never having set aside the prospect of a fight. His polearm is wrestled free of his stirrup and levered into a horizontal position as the orc struggles to quide his mount without the use of his reins. Failing quite handily at that, he grudgingly dismounts before edging towards the troll. He wasn't a cavalryman anyway.

((Failed his ride check to steer with knees, so Lumpy just dismounts and moves towards the troll.

Init - (1d20+1)[2]
    AC 19
    HP 58/58

))

28. - Top - End - #1078

Lizardkin Druid
    The druid had been prepared for such a turn-of events. His immediate answer to the troll's question was a savage grin and the word
    "You"
    Off to his side, he hears elthan mutter something as he completes his spell and stretches out his hand.

OOC:
    Init= 18 + 2 =20
    cast flameblade
    his plan is to slice off the hand holding lissa .
    If it moves to attack elthan, Ssathiya will be moving to protect him.
    Last edited by runehawk; 2007-02-04 at 07:20 AM.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

29. - Top - End - #1079

Stocky man

He is wearing sturdy boots, dark green trousers, and a vest with a blend of grey, brown and dark green, with an embroidered sigil in the form of a bear on his left breast.

Taking in the group, he seems shocked. He frowns at the demi-orc and gapes at the lizardman. What a motley assortment of people, er, creatures ! It seems they are part of one big group. I can't imagine what brought them here together.

This fell troll seems unusually intelligent. Still, it has to be taken care of.

[OOC: I'm waiting for some answers in the OOC thread before I post my reactions to Trinark.

Initiative - (1d20+4)[23] ]

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by namo; 2007-02-04 at 12:16 PM. Reason: clarification

30. - Top - End - #1080

Elthan's warning is too late. Yix streaks forward, a metallic blur, and plunges his stinger into the troll's tough hide. The fell troll swats Yix out of the air, much as a human might swat away a gnat. The pseudodragon is batted towards Tiriel's horse; he bounces twice, then rolls to his feet hissing with displeasure and pain.

Stretching himself to his full height of 15 feet, the fell troll roars, causing Katrin's and Aeroz's horses to whinny and rear back, almost dislodging their riders. Several of you ready your weapons.

Elthan pulls Lissa away from the troll, freeing her from the sack, as the bespectacled head looks down towards Elthan with some regret. "Do you know the story of the swan and the scorpion?"

The troll flexes its clawed fingers, extending a single finger and sweeping it around in a 180 degree arc, encompassing the entire party. "Who wants some?"

The stocky man sizes up the monster, frustrated to find himself unarmed.

He is familiar with fell trolls, which are native to this part of the East. This troll sub-type is common to the area around Lake Ashane and the northern regions of Rashemen.

The largest of troll-kind, the fell troll is a voracious, and not very picky, meat-eater. Like all trolls, the fell troll is vulnerable to fire and acid, and not much else. Because of its two heads, however, the fell troll is particularly difficult to confuse or charm.

Although the stocky man does not know exactly how powerful his rescuers are, they certainly seem experienced and battle-hardened at first glance. Still, they might not be a match for this unusually intelligent fell troll.

OOC: Yix hits and stings. The fell troll has an Fort save of +17 and is unaffected by the pseudodragon poison. The fell troll makes a +21 attack for 15 damage on the pseudodragon.
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2007-02-04 at 11:59 AM.