New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1515
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Stocky man

He feels nervous, so the words tumble out of his mouth.
    "Fire or acid, if you can ! Careful, it's strong !"

He realizes his second warning comes too late when he sees the armored little beast (Strange...) swept by a lazy flick.

"Could someone lend me a weapon ? Bow and arrows would be best, but really, anything at all would be helpful..."

[OOC: delay my action... ]
    Last edited by namo; 2007-02-04 at 12:19 PM.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

2. - Top - End - #1082

Tiriel

Tiriel tosses the stockyman one of her saddle packs, "There's a bow and 2 quivers in there. Don't lose the bag."
    initiative: 1d20+3=15
    Ride check: 1d20+12=18

ooc: err. Was that move action or a free action?
    Last edited by kuja.girl; 2007-02-04 at 01:07 PM.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Callos

He cursed to himself as Yix went barreling forward to stab at the fell troll with his stinger. Was that little thing crazy?! Did it not see the sheer size of the creature?! If Callos hadn't doubted the little dragons sanity then he certainly did now. But that was aside from the point, it was time to show this creature what a folly it had been to pick a fight like this. Familiar arcane phrases sprang from his mouth as he intoned the words, feeling the tingling in his fingertips.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you can create lightening, nows the time Feather man. Aim high or for a head if possible!

Even though he knew there wasn't much that someone could do in the manner of aiming lightening, except just pointing its path out. It was ready! A sizzling white bolt of lightening sprang out from his hand as he finished the spell and pointed upwards. Elthen and Lissa might not appreciate lightening sizzling over their head, but they would thank him later if it kept them alive!

((Casting Lighting Bolt DC 15 for 32 points on a failed save and a 2 for intiative...x.x I need to figure out how to use the board dice rollers and remember it this time.)
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

4. - Top - End - #1084

Lizardkin Druid

The lizardman moves to block the troll as Elthan escapes with Lissa.
    He swings his flaming weapon in an arc slicing the troll.

OOC:
    Aiming for a hand or a foot.

Attack: 13 + 6 =18 (touch)
    DMG: 6+ 2 =8 fire
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Bugbear in the Playground

Elthan

Elthan steps back with one leg, bracing his stance. An equal look of sorrow freezes itself along his face. He begins to carry out the somatic components to his spell, but continues speaking to the troll. "No, I have not. Please, tell it us."

OOC:
    Initiative - (1d20)[5]
    Elthan readies to cast Ray of Enfeeblement once hostilities break out in full.
    Ranged Touch Attack - (1d20+3)[17]
    Strength Damage - (1d6+3)[5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Orc in the Playground

Evendur

The battered Yix bouncing by his horse acts like a starter pistol for Evendur. He digs his heels into his barded mount, sending it carearing straight for the trollish thing. Dropping the reigns in his left hand he starts to stear with his knees, loosening his shield. As he closes his distance from the troll he points his sword like a spear, sunlight seeming to gather arround it. He spins the glowing blade over his head.

[Ooc: Ride check: (1d20-1=11)
    AC: 19 (inc -2 from charge)
    If not spiked by AoO,
    Atack roll. Full power attack and Smite evil: (1d20+10-5+4=23) (+2 from charge which I forgot = 25)
    Damage roll: (1d8+3+5+7=18)]
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

Kurt

7. - Top - End - #1087

Man With Feathers in His Hair

His boots crunch over the cold ground and his trailing woolen scarf streaks behind him like a maroon banner as he dashes in a short arc, attempting to flank the creature while muttering about a line of fire. He finally finds a suitable spot and firmly plants himself there, beginning a spell while watching the little dragon fall. His eyes draw into sharp focus as he completes the incantation and snap to the fell troll. His hands and voice weave the spell almost gleefully, and he doesn't appear to be using any material components.

"STAND CLEAR!"

Half-mad laughter is drowned out by the thunderous *CRACK-BOOM!* as a blue-white bolt of lightning streaks from his outstretched hand and towards the massive troll, passing near enough to Elthan and Lissa that the charge is tangible, though harmless.

((23 damage, DC 16 for 1/2, my initiative was 10))
    Last edited by Koji; 2007-02-04 at 03:21 PM. Reason: dammit, I forgot what the dc was. Fixed.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

Yix gets up slowly realizing if he takes another blow like that he'll end up like the others did. He stands up unsure of what to do, in the rush and chaos of the fight he feels somewhat useless.

((Not taking any other action than standing))

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"You hurt the wee lass, and I will eat your HEART"

Thokk unmounts his horse, unsheaths his sword and straps his shield onto his arm. He cautiously steps towards the fell troll, then swings with a giant over-handed chop aimed at the trolls hamstring.

Thokk Init (1d20+1=14)

Thokk Attack 1 (1d20+9=29)

Confirm Critical (1d20+9=29)

HAHAHAHA! A Critical Critical! - Umm, what does that do? Back home, we have a house rule that three crits = instant death, but Ill just assume its a regular crit.

Thokk Attack 2 (1d20+4=16)

Thokk Critical Damage (2d10+10=14)

Thokk Hit 2 (1d10+5=15)

Huh. A regular attack did more damage then a crit. Fancy that. Still think a crit crit should get something special

10. - Top - End - #1090

Fizahn:

It always turns to bloodshed. Fizahn whips out his crossbow. He looses a bolt at the troll. I just wish we could pick on someone who wasn't quintuple my size. That would be nice. How did humans get so tall anyway. It's not fair.

OOC: Intit 11 (9+3) Attack 17 (8+9) Damage 1 (1) Hooray for uselessness. I didn't subtract 4 for shooting into melee, so if I am, do that.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

11. - Top - End - #1091

Lizardkin

As spells fly in, this way and that, the druid takes cover behind his shield.
    He roars as the discharge of magical energy sprays onto him.

"Alive. Take alive!"

He holds his flameblade overhead in a guarding position.

OOC:just flavour text
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

Katrin

Katrin looses her bolt at the fell troll, but it barely nicks the troll's skin, doing almost no harm to it. She shakes her head, swearing at the bolt's uselessness, and reloads the crossbow.

(OOC: Untrained Ride Check (1d20+3=16)
    Attack Roll (1d20+8=21)
    Damage Roll (1d8=1)
    Grrrrr... )
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

Frantically squirming free of the sack, Lissa scrambles upright and away from the troll. "Thanks Elthan, I owe you one. YOU SHOULDA BARGAINED, TROLL!" Reaching for her back, Lissa's hand encounters only air where her crossbow should be. She spits out a truly vile curse in Gnomish, then takes a deep breath, visibly calming herself. One hand reaches for a crude hammered-silver medallion around her neck, and Lissa begins chanting in the eerily beautiful Celestial language. A nimbus of shadows, just barely visible, swirls around the gnome's slight form.

OOC: Book it away from Mister Troll and cast shield of faith.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

14. - Top - End - #1094

Aeroz

"Slave to your nature, Mr. Scorpion?"

Aeroz moves towards the trolls vacinity, dodging through any oncoming and opportunistic attacks and attempts to flank the troll. While simultaneously drawing a dagger from his belt, he thrusts at the troll with the flaming rapier.

[hr]
    Tumble= 17+15=32 (Yipes!)
    Rapier= 15+11=26 (28 if flank); 1d6+1d6+3= 8 (Base) + 4 (Fire) (+6 sneak attack, probably not though)
    AC 20 vs Troll (19 Reg)
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy found it somewhat disconcerting that the troll could speak so flippantly in the face of combat. It implied more confidence than he'd like. Not one to be intimidated, he does what he does best, throwing himself into a short charge at the beast's flank. With two heads, he doubted he could truly surprise it, but it was enough to keep it's attention split as much as possible.

AS little as he knew about troll anatomy, he simply levers his squat form into a spin at the apex of his run, hewing towards the giant's midsection indiscriminately.

((OOC

Charge, PA -4/+8 (1d20+9=19, 2d4+14=22)

AC 17
    HP 58/58
    ))

16. - Top - End - #1096

Tiriel tosses the pack to the stocky man, who digs through it, pulling out a composite longbow and a quiver of arrows. Wheeling her horse about, Tiriel sees that her companions have already sprung into action.

The lizardman is the first to strike, slashing the troll's leg with his flameblade. The lizardman raises his shield anticipating the troll's counter-attack.

The fell troll spins and pins the lizardman to the ground with both hands. Tearing outward, it disembowels the druid with one horrible movement. The flameblade dissipates.

With a cry to Sune on his lips, Evendur spurs his warhorse forward, sword raised as he gallops forward, but the troll is waiting and catches the paladin in mid-gallop, tearing him out of his saddle and tossing him aside like a broken tin soldier. The paladin bounces once then lies motionless on the ground, his sword skittering across the frozen ground.

Lumpy charges in on foot, smashing his weapon into the troll with all of his might. Aeroz leaps off of his horse, diving and tumbling between the troll's legs, thrusting deeply into the fell troll's calf with his rapier. Thokk also dismounts, closing in more cautiously, trying to get close enough to hit the troll with his sword.

Lightning bolts and crossbow bolts streak in from all directions, striking the massive troll in its upper body. If they cause the troll any pain, it doesn't show it. The bespectacled troll's lips continue to move. It is telling the story of the swan and the scorpion even as it fights for its life, though Elthan can only catch one or two phrases ...

OOC: Combat summary ...

Fell troll initiative: 17
    Fell troll power attack: 3
    Fell troll reflex save vs Callos lightning bolt:13
    Fell troll reflex save vs featherhair lightning bolt: 17
    Fell troll damage to lizardman: 65 (19 + 21 + 25 rend)
    Fell troll damage to Evendur: 52 (17 + 16 + 19)
    Fell troll HP: 172 (184 - 12)
    Fell troll non-lethal damage: 64 (32 + 8 + 11 + 22 + 1 - 10)

lizardman HP: -9 (56 - 65) dying
    Evendur HP: -7 (45 - 52) dying
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2007-02-05 at 12:20 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1097

Stocky man

"Thank you !"
    Catching the bag, he starts scrambling desperately to ready his attack. He has trouble drawing the bow - and then realizes it was made for someone with a greater strength. This woman ? He shakes his head in wonder.

Looking up, he notices two more assailants are down. Already ?
    He concentrates, trying to find some isolation from the screams and the chaos, and aims for the troll's eyes. In a fluid motion, he releases, and already he is adjusting the next arrow.

[OOC: I suppose I play after Tiriel now. I'm assuming the troll is big enough for me to get a line of sight.
    Att 1 [roll]1d20+9-2+1[/roll] (-2 not enough Str, +1 MW ; add another +1 if less than 30ft)
    Dam 1 (1d8+2)[7]

Att 2 [roll]1d20+9-2+1[/roll]
    Dam 2 (1d8+2)[5]

Att 3 [roll]1d20+4-2+1[/roll]
    Dam 3 (1d8+2)[3]
    ]
    Last edited by namo; 2007-02-05 at 01:15 AM. Reason: typo

18. - Top - End - #1098

[OOC: Ok, let me redo that - sorry, still adjusting to the board rollers
    Att 1 (1d20+8)[15]
    Att 2 (1d20+8)[21]
    Att 3 (1d20+3)[22]
    ]

19. - Top - End - #1099

The smell of ozone hangs heavy in the frigid air, and what has never been anything other than an utterly destructive power has fallen flat--the pale man's laughter dies as he sees the monster tear through his saviors, the intensity of their injuries punctuated by the fact that they don't cry out. His jaw trembles at the sight of steaming entrails on the snow.

It never ends! No matter how far I run, no matter how hard I try, the world is always eager to throw something else at me. Well this is it. I have allies, at least for the moment, and together we're going to take a stand.

In a slow and deliberate motion, his arms rise like outstretched wings, and his head tilts back, power welling from within. He begins a singsong chant and closes his eyes.

The targets of the earlier message spell hear the following:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll try my best to slow their attack--Holy Man, if you're still alive inside that armor, then I won't let you die until we've shared a drink!

((OOC: Begin a summon swarm spell centered on the troll's location. In one round a swarm of bats is going to come and give that troll what for.))

20. - Top - End - #1100

Aeroz

That thing took out scales with one hit. Better caution myself with that one. Come on magic rapier who tells me what to do, if you can do anything else, do it! Aeroz thinks frantically to himself as he sees the troll down two tough looking teammates.

Weaving dagger through rapier and rapier through dagger, Aeroz flurries his strikes, hoping to do as much damage as possible without getting hit.

[hr]

Combat Expertise, -3 on attack rolls
    Full Attack Rapier - 18+8= (Confirm 16) ,12+5=17 = 8(+9Crit) +3 Fire (Actually, if that crits, it looks like its gonna be another 4 from the flaming burst)
    Dagger 4+5=9
    AC 22 Vs troll
    Last edited by Frojoe21; 2007-02-05 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Just realized, however unlikely for the most part
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

Ohgodsohgodsohgods! Lissa shrieks, a sound of pain, fear and fury, as the troll cruelly rips her comrades apart. "Hang on! Don't die on me, either of you! Somebody distract that sonuvakobold while I get in there to heal them!" Then, as before, she visibly calms herself and begins chanting in Celestial. This time Lissa's form seems to shimmer and waver, like a mirage. She runs toward the closest of her fallen friends, silently praying to Baravar that 1) His power will protect her, and 2) they won't be dead before she arrives.

OOC: Cast sanctuary and move toward Ssathiya or Evendur, whichever is closer and easier to get to without provoking AoOs. Sorry DS, but Lissa has no idea IC which of you is more badly hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Callos

"Dammit all of you! Act as a unit on this one! Elthan, if you have anymore of that spell you just cast then keep doing it! We need to wear it down! Trinark, get to the lizard and start with the mojo,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lissa you need to get Evendur back on his feet then he can handle himself once more! Yix, try and distract it for gods sake but don't go rushing in. Lumpy and Thokk, harry it from opposite sides to try and get the dumb head to unbalance the entire body. Feathers, if you have any spells that physically drain one's strength, not just exhaust them, then start throwing them at it. We get it low enough and it'll collaspe.
    Tiriel, get your feathered behind over here so I can get you ready for your part in all of this. Aeroz, try and cover Lissa as best you can. Fizahn keep up with what your doing!"

If there was ever a time for all of us to work together then this is probably it! If we can just get it to its knees then will be lots easier, gods above I hope my plan works...

His voice had a diffrent tone to it, one that he hadn't heard before in a while. Confidence that perhaps he was doing the right thing even as he saw both the shining paladin and wise druid buckle and go down underneath of the fell troll's onslaught. Images flashed in front of his eyes. A dark city, deep deep underground that they had been to not so long ago. It had been trolls there too but of a different variety then this one. Made of stone and more of them. A cocky and funloving face streaked through his mind and he could feel the anger bubbling up inside of him once more.

This is for you Djital...

Hands weaving through the gestures as he mouthed the words for the spell. Tapping into the darkness that all living things feared and focusing it into a single black ray. It wasn't something that would harm the beast, but it would help them greatly if it worked...

((Casting Ray of Exhaustion.
    Ranged touch attack:
    1d20+4=15
    And moving (around the troll) in Tiriel's general direction. DC 15 to save))
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

"Stop!!!" Yix communicates to the stupider of the two heads, hoping this might confuse the monster slightly. Not knowing what to do, and knowing he can't quite enter combat again Yix holds back his anger and hopes this might buy some time.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

Katrin

Katrin's eyes widen as she sees the fell troll deliver such grievous wounds to Evendur and the lizardman. Damn it! No! Her horse, afraid of the smell of blood, shies away from the battle, throwing off her aim. She dismounts as quickly as she can, wishing she knew how to ride better so she could control her horse, and re-aims and fires her bolt. I wish I could get in to stab it in the back, but I'd stand no chance if it hits me even once...

(OOC: Ride Check in an attempt to dismount quickly (1d20+3=8)
    Attack Roll (1d20+8=16)
    Damage, if the stupid bolt hits (1d8=1)
    How can anyone get so many terrible rolls in a row? )
    Last edited by blackfox; 2007-02-05 at 05:21 PM.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ach, Scaley! Ill get him for yer!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Whatever yer guys got, I suggest we all start rainin' hell upon this bugger. I wants that monacle

OOC:
    *Thokk presses in and attacks using above rolls, as needed*
    Last edited by sacreddeamon; 2007-02-05 at 06:45 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1106

Tiriel

"I swear to the gods Callos I'm going to kill you if the troll doesn't get you first." Tiriel spurs her horse towards Callos, stopping just short of running him over and quickly dismounts.

Fast dismount: (1d20+12-2=25)

HP: 45 +1d8+4=12= 57
    AC: 20
    (Aid 40-1= 39 rounds remaining)
    +1 to attack, +1 to saves vs. fear

ooc: I leveled... or at least my avatar did. Huh.
    Last edited by kuja.girl; 2007-02-05 at 07:32 PM.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

27. - Top - End - #1107

Elthan

Elthan prepares to draw out a potion and run to the Lizard, a look of utter fear on his face. Before he makes a single move, his mind makes one hundred while going over the fable and its application.

On the one hand, there was his nature; A nice, logical, and dedicated half-elf. Never kills, never offends, never gets in the way. Every part of his nature screams in sympathy for all things, and now most of all for the Lizard-kin who he knows he should help.

Perhaps that last part should be revised to 'All but one thing'; Sethra, the necromancer that was out to conquer, and who he and his companions would have to defeat. Nature was all well and fine until then, but now he had a duty; To himself, his friends, his clone, and everyone who could be harmed by the necromancer, to stop him at all cost. He had already gone, and will continue to go against his nature; Side-tracking from his real journey so far, keeping secrets from friends, insuring the death of a companion. If at all possible, he'd give his soul to the Nine Hells to insure the groups success, or perhaps that was just his nature taking it a step too far?

Regardless, there was a duty to be upheld to the rest of the group, and that was to stay put and follow up on support. He takes several steps back to insure he is at the maximum distance before moving through the previous motions.

OOC:
    Move
    Cast Ray of Enfeeblement
    Ranged Touch Attack - (1d20+3)[23]
    Strength Damage - (1d6+3)[9]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

No apparent looks of shock or fear crossed Lumpy's face as the troll tore through his companions. Indecision benifitted no one here, and he wouldn't be caught balking in the face of a threat so grave.

Jerking his polarm back, the burly orc slashes at the troll several times in quick succession, most notable in their utter inability to deal any lasting damage.

((

Attack 1: Power Attack -2/+4 (1d20+9=10, 2d4+10=14)

Attack 2: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=859027

Bah
    ))

29. - Top - End - #1109

Lissa springs into action, taking care to stay out of reach of the fell troll. She slides to a stop besides the lizardman, laying her small hands on his mangled body. She continues to chant, invoking sanctuary.

Meanwhile, Trinark has sprinted to Evendur's side, laying hands on him and attempting to stabilize the paladin.

Elthan steps away from the fell troll, still listening to its story, even as he strikes the beast with a ray of enfeeblement draining away some of its considerable strength.

The ray seems to have little effect of the fell troll, who picks up Aeroz with two hands. Aeroz feels several ribs crack, but his white-hot rapier almost seems to guide itself into one of the fell troll's necks. The nearest head roars in pain, and the fell troll drops Aeroz to the ground. Like a cat, the elf lands on his feet and rolls to the side.

Thokk chooses this moment to charge forward. The troll's other arm lashes out, slamming into the dwarf with an audible crunch. The dwarf staggers but manages to hang on to his sword.

Lumpy chops and slashes with his glaive to no avail. He is sent spinning through the air, much like Evendur was. The half-orc lands with a sickening crunch not far from where Lissa tends to the lizardman.

Tiriel leaps to the ground, kneeling beside Callos, who completes a spell of denervation, hoping to help drain some of this monster's strength. She draws her sword in anticipation of what he plans to do next.

Between Katrin, Fizahn, and the stocky man with the borrowed bow, the fell troll is peppered with arrows and crossbow bolts. The troll hardly bothers to swat them away, and a couple of projectiles fail to even penetrate its rubbery hide, bouncing off harmlessly.

The tall, thin, pale man with the feathers in his hair raises his hands to the sky, calling on ... who knows what. In the distance, a few black dots appear in the sky.

OOC: Combat summary ...

Lissa acts at the end of the previous round to stabilize the lizardman, then casts sanctuary. Trinark hops off the cart and moves to Evendur's side.

Elthan casts his readied ray of enfeeblement, reducing the fell troll's STR to 23 and reducing his attack bonus to +16 claw/+14 bite.

Lumpy is hit by two claw attacks and rended. Aeroz is bitten twice. Thokk is hit by an AoO as he attacks. Thokk misses with a 14 (3+11).

Callos casts ray of exhaustion. The fell troll saves and is fatigued. Attack bonus is further reduced to +15 claw/+13 bite.

Aeroz HP: 11 (39 - 28)
    Lumpy HP: 0 (58 - 58) disabled
    Thokk HP: 40 (57 - 17)
    Ssathiya HP: -9 stabilized
    Evendur HP: -7 stabilized

fell troll HP: 165 (172 - 7)
    non-lethal damage: 79 (64 + 5 + 3 + 17 - 10)
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2007-02-06 at 09:18 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1110

They come from everywhere, shrieking, a black billowing cloud that blots out the sun as they descend to the troll, eager to feed...

A strained whisper carries over the sound of the shrieking mass.
    Spoiler
    Show
    They'll pursue the troll only as long as it stands still. Get the wounded up or away!

(OOC: Once the bats have assembled on the troll, I will not be concentrating on keeping them around. They will disperse in two rounds. They start on the troll, but should he run away from them, they simply attack the nearest target. They occupy a 10x10 space and should fit neatly all over that troll).
    Last edited by Koji; 2007-02-06 at 03:13 AM.