New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1515
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Callos

"It's a rather wordy surpise." Callos said with a chuckle, looking at the door then outside then back again. Almost as if he was counting something or searching for enemies.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Thokk

Thokk goes about his business, stripping apart the upper balcony and using the wood to board up the windows on the first floor. With any extra wood he will set to re-enforce the stairway and the sides. Finally, he assists the others cutting holes in the ceiling for them to fire down upon the hordes with. After a minute, he perks his head up and says:

"Ach, lads? I have an idea... Would it be possible to create a 'murder hole' or two in this here ceiling? Some great chasm to chuck heavy stuff down at the beasties below?"

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tiriel

Tiriel takes back her bow and quivers back from Adalmar. She absently strums the bow's sting, checking to see if it's still taught.
    "Hurm? Oh. Well." She blushes a little, both from the compliment and the attention. "I think some of the others might need it more than me at the moment. Lumpy and the lizardman took quite a beating. Actually, if you're going to heal the lizardman I'd better go with you, he's pretty wary of strangers.

"As to how we all met, that's a long story. But why we're still together is an easy enough question to answer - we need to stop this army of drow, demons and undead. To do that we have to stop Valentine and her master from achieving domination over the Eastern lands and then fight back against them once we've gained some ground."

Tiriel's tone turn serious near the end of her little speech. It's obvious that their task has turned personal for her at some point though it's not clear how.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

"I love surprises" Yix says sounding somewhat childish as the idea of a surprise seems to excite him greatly. He also takes hope in the fact of Callos's chuckle, as maybe there is still hope for their what seems to be bleak situation. Yix thoughts begin to drift on finding an alternate means of escape for the group.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

Prayers finished, Lissa gets to her feet, stretches, and heads for the fire. "Gods, it was cold on that floor. Maybe I'd better start preparing the endure elements spell if the weather gets any colder." She eyes her companions, particularly Thokk and the lizardkin (newly christened Raskoruran). "Speaking of spells, I've got a couple left that I can use for healing. THOKK! GET YOUR HAIRY ARSE DOWN HERE SO I CAN HEAL IT!" Without waiting to see if the dwarf responds, Lissa turns to the druid, lays a small hand on his arm, and begins chanting a healing spell. It doesn't do as much as the spells she used during the battle, but hey- every little bit helps. Once Thokk makes his way over to the fire, Lissa repeats the process with him.

Hmm. I've got a bad feeling about this place... and most everybody is still wounded. The diminutive cleric pulls a slender white wand out of her belt. "Normally I'd wait for morning and do more healing with my god's power, but I think the odds are pretty good that something will attack tonight. Hold still, Lumpy." Lissa touches the half-orc with the wand, speaking a single word of Celestial. A surge of healing energy, very similar to the spells Lissa just used, rushes forth from the wand into Lumpy's body. She goes around using the wand on Lumpy, Thokk, Tiriel, Aeroz and the druid until all the melee fighters look fairly functional. Maybe a bit bruised and battered still, but more or less intact.

OOC: CLW on Ssathiya - (1d8+4)[11]
    CLW on Thokk - (1d8+4)[9]

Heh, forgot that my level of Divine Trickster gives me another caster level when I was healing earlier. I really have no idea how many charges from the wand it'll take to get y'all up to fighting strength. So lets just say Lissa will heal you up to roughly 80% hp. It's a standard happystick, 1d8+1 healing per charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

6. - Top - End - #1236

'Raskoruran', Lizardkin Druid

As Ssathiya enters the hall, Callos with Yix on his shoulder leave after announcing this should be the last time anyone leaves the hall.

Trinark presses something into his hands. Examining the bag, he finds bullets for a sling which Trinark now passes over.

"I wanted you to have this. Watching you fall in battle is not a heartening sight" he says in his polished draconic.

Thanking him he takes a sweeping view of the hall.
    Thokk seemed to be battering up windows on the second floor. He intermittently pauses in his work to stand and aim at something invisible on the floor chuckling and muttering 'kill zone' before returning to his task.

Feathers and Walks-in-shadows were beside the fire. Drinking as far as he could tell. Elthan was speaking with Evandur off to one side.

The strange bowman was patting a horse and speaking with Tiriel. They both turn to regard him.

Lissa had just gotten up as he entered and moves over to heal him while yelling at Thokk to come down the stairs. Achkby was doing something in another corner and peeking at her when she wasn't watching.

Seeing Lumpy and Aeroz struggling with a table by themselves, he moves over to help them shift it to the door.

He thanks the gnome and is about to leave when Trinark point to a sack against a wall and says there is some hide in it to repair his armor.

Good cloudhair.. Where would I be without you...Will I still be alive to see you come sunrise?

He mentally sighs though beaming, as much as lizardman could anyways, and nodding his head at Trinark before moving over to help Lumpy and Aeroz.

He again takes in the sight of everyone in the hall, burning it into his memory.

Catching the pouch of bullets he tosses, he is about to tie them to his belt when he seems to think of something and pushes his thoughts to Yix.

Little brother, can you hear me?...

He waits for a response before asking:
    can you find any javelins?
    Last edited by runehawk; 2007-02-14 at 03:38 AM.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

7. - Top - End - #1237

Adalmar

He does not pry any further into their motives, for now.

You have appointed yourselves for such a big a task ? I wonder if it's courage or folly.

He whips up a wand from his belt.

"Sounds good. But... who is Lumpy ? Actually, if you could tell me the names of all your companions... and the proper way to address them...

I'd like to meet this lizardman, but what manner of creature is he/she ? I've never met its like.
    "
    Last edited by namo; 2007-02-14 at 04:27 AM.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy's acknowledgement to Lissa is simple, but perhaps the most genuine anyone has yet to hear from him,

"Thanks darlin'"

Restored, he joins Thokk in evaluating the defensive potential of the staircases.

((OOC
    6 charges to put Lumpy to 44 HP, which is just over 80%

Lissa's Wand (1d8+1=9, 1d8+1=5, 1d8+1=6, 1d8+1=7)
    Lissa's Wand (1d8+1=9, 1d8+1=5)
    ))

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

The tiny cleric smiles at Lumpy as she finishes up healing him. "You're very welcome." Hearing Adalmar's question, she turns to face the ranger. "Oh, that's right, we haven't done proper introductions yet! I'm Lissa, nice to meet you. Don't worry if you can't remember everyone, I know there's an awful lot of us. Safety in numbers, you know?" Lissa proceeds to point out and introduce various party members, snagging Khazrael on her way past the fire. "Okay, the lizardman is a druid, and apparently his people have some sort of taboo against telling people their real names, so I call him Raskoruran. He doesn't seem to mind. The half-orc calls himself Lumpy- I don't think that suits him at all, but I haven't come up with a better name yet. The dwarf is Thokk, the halfling is Achkby, the other gnome is Fizahn, the elf is Aeroz, and the drow is Trinark. If you need healing and I'm busy, go ask Trinark, he's actually a more powerful cleric than I am anyway. The little dragon-looking critter- I think somebody called him a 'pseudodragon'- is Yix. He's smart and great fun. Um... I think that just leaves the humans now."

Lissa stands on her tiptoes, looking around the room. "Oh, I forgot Elthan! He's a half-elf. The lady by the fire is Katrin. The armored lady is Tiriel. Callos is the guy who was setting traps; he's a necromancer, and far too fond of magical traps. At least he told us he was setting this one, that's a step up. And the knight in shining armor is Evendur, a paladin of Sune. Wonder why he's off alone with Elthan, that's odd... trying to convert him, maybe?" Lissa snickers. "Be fun to listen in if that's the case. I think Evendur might need healing after that battle, anyway." She looks back up at the newcomers and gives each a sympathetic smile. "Like I said, we don't expect you to remember all of this at once."

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

((Assuming Yix can hear the Lizardkin)

Yix will ask him if he can do anything to help, upon hearing the need for javelins he will ask Callos if their is still time to scavenge for a few.

((If he can't))

Yix will still concentrate on finding another exit, and watching Callos's back so he doesn't get attacked while preparing his trap.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

Katrin

Katrin suddenly remembers the extra waterskin she had bought, and retrieves it from her pack. I should have done this long ago...

Since Lissa is busy, she walks over to Trinark, holding the extra waterskin and says, "Trinark? I was wondering if you could bless this water. We'll likely be up against vampires or other undead sometime soon, and I know that holy water hurts undead."
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Callos

Well...he really didn't hear any objections, might as well go exploring first. Didn't want the chance of setting off his own trap by accident by casting it first. Nodding to Yix it was almost an instinct that had him scratching the top of the pseudo-dragon's head as they looked for other ways out of the buildings and javelins. Callos was more on the look out for creatures though.

Once that's finished...

Returning to the front door, Callos finally pulled out the knife he had been loaned and looked around behind him. Then to Yix, whom he gently took off his shoulder and set inside the door way and shut it....Around half a minute later he came walking into the two story building and shut the door tightly.

"Remember, no more going outside tonight!"

((Posting actions to DR))
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

13. - Top - End - #1243

Tiriel

Tiriel shrugs, "What she said just about sums us all up. Some of us have been together longer than others, but we're all here for the same cause if not the same reason."
    Turning to Lissa, "You named the druid? That's not like a pet thing, right? Because I don't think he'd like that... but if he doesn't object, it would be easier if he had a name. Though 'Raskoruran' is long, maybe he'll be okay with just 'Rask' once we explain that it's a sign of equality."
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

"That's ok, I don't really want to be outside tonight anyways. Better warn the others again, in case they forgot" Yix looks up at Callos, thankful again for the usefulness of everyone around him. He then trots back inside to hand the Lizardkin all the javelins and what not he could carry and/or collected.

15. - Top - End - #1245

Khazrael

His blue-white eyes dance across the room as Lissa speaks. He is starting to get used to these people, and while the group's members vary from the familiar to the far out, he sees immediately that their diversity adds to their cohesiveness. They don't argue out of stubbornness or some strange closed-minded attitude, but merely to sort out which course of action is best in a given situation.

He watches Lumpy when Lissa points him out. "Lumpy" seems like a cruel nickname, considering the poor guy's condition, but it might be a term of endearment--maybe it's even his name for himself.

When Lissa points out Tiriel, he only casts a furtive glance her way. He's been quietly avoiding her, most likely due to the embarassing incident with the bag, but the shame he shakes off is more than it should be.

It could be love at first sight. Pfft, yeah right. Still, a hot chick comes along and saves your stupid ass and it sticks with you. It's almost like I can never look cool in front of her again.

That's all it is, right?

He nods quietly at the rest of the introductions, and grins when she indicates the lizardman. "Do you guys even speak draconic? He's a bit chattier in his own language."

The introductions conclude, and he says to Lissa, "Alright, I think I got it, thanks." He smiles and resists the urge to muss the gnome's hair and call her something like "Sweetheart" or "Kiddo". She might be on the short side, but she could probably do a lot of damage very quickly if it came down to it.

The thin man turns to Adalmar, black boots scraping on the wooden floor, and says, "I'm, uh...you're from around here, right? Or you at least know enough about it...anyway, is this town on the clearest road through here? Was anything of value kept here? I'm trying to figure out if whatever did all this came here for a reason, or if it was just a target of opportunity."

16. - Top - End - #1246

'Rask', Lizardman Druid

Ssathiya had been eyeing Sunhair when she had taken a stick out and come toward them. Seeing that all it did was heal Serpent-slayer, he stands obligingly as she heals him as well.

OOC: Lissa's wand 4 charges: 4d8+4 (3,7,8,8) = 30
    New Hp: 18+30=48

Once done helping Lumpy and Aeroz, he sits down in a corner and mends his armor as best as he can. Blinking his eyes awake, whenever he starts yawning, he awaited the return of Yix and Callos.
    Last edited by runehawk; 2007-02-14 at 08:56 PM.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Lumpy
    "I'd rather walk."

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

"Oh, goodness no!" Lissa replies to Tiriel's question. "I was just getting tired of 'druid' or 'lizardkin'. Not only did it seem kind of disrespectful, but it got really confusing when we met that other druid. So I made him a gnomish name." She looks over at 'Rask'. "You don't mind that I made you a name, do you? You don't have to keep it if you don't like it, but I do think it suits you. 'Raskoruran' can be translated as 'wise guardian of green places'... or as 'wise green guardian'." The gnome grins cheekily. "Both of those do fit!"

18. - Top - End - #1248

Lizardkin Druid

A low gentle rumble from somewhere deep inside, along with a relaxed expression on his usually hard features indicates that he's quite pleased at Lissa's return and therefore at pretty much anything she says.

He does seem a little shy at the attention the others are paying him and unable to respond to it.

He nods at her while running his hands over his body checking how well its healed before nodding amicably at the others and carrying on with his work. He stifles yet another yawn before picking up a bench.
    Last edited by runehawk; 2007-02-15 at 12:42 AM.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Spoiler
    Show

Lumpy
    "I'd rather walk."

19. - Top - End - #1249

Adalmar

He has a very large smile ; the deep gratitude showing on his face is almost comical.

"Nice to meet you too !"

Ok, Thok=Scarred Monocled Dwarf, Lissa=Cheery Gnome, Trinark=Amiable Drow, Tiriel=Strong woman - those I knew. Now, Roruran is the lizard ?, Lumpy the orc... enough for now.

Pseudodragon ? I've heard about them !

He concentrates, screwing up his eyes : Hmm, Yiix ? Can you hear me ? I'm Adalmar, nice to meet you ! I've already heard your "voice" in my head...

Addressing Khazrael, in an hesitant voice : "Uh, no, I really can't see what could have caused someone to... to... empty this village of its... inhabitants."
    He turns away, abruptly.

He would still like to engage the lizardman - a druid ? - but he senses that he may not be welcome.

Remembering Tiriel, he uses his wand to heal her.

He then goes up the stairs trying to find the right spot in case they get attacked, like they all seem to think.
    Why would the invaders come back here so little time after that ? Unless they are really being pursued - but why would they matter ? They don't seem exceptional.

Except for racial diversity, that is.

On some level, he does realize they form a herd. Their accepting him can only be gradual.

[OOC: DR, if I do something that could have motivated a raid, pray tell me ! ]
    Last edited by namo; 2007-02-15 at 02:37 AM.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Orc in the Playground

Evendur

Evendur looks vaguely suprised, dressed now in his traveling clothes as he has been helping with the baracades. He follows Elthan quickly.

He's a quick witted person. His ideas tend to be good. Why the secrecy, though?

[Ooc: Continued in Privae convos.]
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

Kurt

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

Having spotted Elthan and Evendur talking earlier, Lissa's curiosity is piqued even more when the paladin follows Elthan out of the room. Curiouser and curiouser! If Evendur's *following*, maybe he wasn't trying to convert our resident half-elf... so what are they doing? Respect for other people's privacy briefly fights with curiosity and paranoia; respect is sneak attacked from both sides and knocked cold. Once you have an ally possessed by an evil undead being, unusual behavior takes on a whole new significance. Lissa sneaks along the shadowed wall after the duo, pulling her dark hood up to hide her bright blonde hair...

OOC: Hide - (1d20+12)[13]
    Move Silently - (1d20+9)[29]

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ogre in the Playground

Before sneaking off, Lissa winks at Adalmar and Tiriel, pressing a finger to her lips. "Shh... I've got a joke in mind," she whispers.

OOC: Sorry for the double post, but I didn't want to edit anything with a dice roll in it.
    Last edited by Phasm; 2007-02-15 at 11:35 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Bugbear in the Playground

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Achkby, bored up against the wall, has arisen and drifted over to the newcomers and Tiriel.

"He still doesn't talk much to most of us," he says by way of announcing his presence.

"Name's Achkby," the halfling says, offering a small, gloved hand. "Arcanist in this party, as you mighta noticed... At any rate, it's good to have you along. More spells are nearly always welcome."
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

24. - Top - End - #1254

Tiriel

Tiriel allows Adlamar heal her then she heads upstairs with a small smile on her face.
    She waves to Katrine before sitting down near the top of one of the stairwells. She then lays out her bow, arrows, and sword making sure that they all are within easy reach. With that finished she closes her eyes, trying to find a moments peace before what she suspects will be a long night.
    well, we all seem to be getting along well...it's a nice change...

[ooc: Current HP=16/45. Assuming Adlamar's wand heals for the same amount as Lissa's (1d8+1): 16+ 15 = 31, 31 + 12 = 43
    Total of 5 charges used, thanks buddy!]
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Bugbear in the Playground

Trinark blesses Katrin's waterskin. Callos cackles to himself as he inscribes something on the outside of the double doors, then closes and bolts them shut.

Anything and everything movable within the meeting house is carried, dragged, or pushed toward the main double doors. The doors themselves are barricaded, then a second wall is created in case the doors are breached. This leaves a 30 foot deep "killing zone" in front of the doorway. Some of you station yourselves on the lower level behind the barricades, while others climb the stairs to the second level.

Elthan finds a small storeroom tucked in one corner of the upper level. After making some preparations, he finds Evendur and they have a brief, whispered conversation. The two of them climb the stairs and head towards the storeroom.

Lissa, however, has been keeping her eye on the two of them. Her bright eyes narrow suspiciously when the two of them break off from the rest of the group. Without hesistation, she sneaks upstairs after them while everyone else is distracted with the barricade preparations. From the deep shadows, she watches Elthan open the storeroom door and invite Evendur inside. The door closes behind them quietly.

Lissa sneaks forward as noiselessly as only a stealthy gnome can, and is just about to place a small ear against the doorway when suddenly excruciating pain erupts at the base of her skull. Involuntarily she cries out in agony, collapsing to the wooden floor ...
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2007-02-15 at 03:33 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1256

'Rask',Lizardman Druid

The lizardman had been examining the javelins Yix had salvaged when he hears the scream. Blinking at the others in surprise, he quickly reacts by racing up the stairs with javelin in hand.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Spoiler
    Show

Lumpy
    "I'd rather walk."

27. - Top - End - #1257

Khazrael

Heavy boots slam onto the floor as he leaps to his feet. "What in the nine hells was that?!" He charges heedlessly up the stairs, eyes flashing in the dark as he searches for the source of the tiny cry.

28. - Top - End - #1258

Tiriel

Tiriel's eyes snap open the moment Lissa's cry reaches her ears. Reaching for her sword, wordlessly Tiriel heads toward the source of the noise and gestures for 'Rask' and Khazrael to accompany her.

edit: and Khaz :)
    Last edited by kuja.girl; 2007-02-15 at 07:25 PM.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel

29. - Top - End - #1259

Aeroz

"Dammit!"

Aeroz goes to investigate the source of the scream, and when discovering it is Lissa, he helps her up if he is the first one there.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ogre in the Playground

Katrin

Katrin thanks Trinark for blessing her water. She walks up the stairs to the second story, and is about to reach the balcony when she hears Lissa scream. About to call out to the gnome, she thinks better of it and unsheathes her sword, following Tiriel, Khazrael, and the druid, in the shadows. She stumbles over the last step of the stairway with a loud *thump*, cursing herself silently for this clumsiness.

(OOC: Hide (1d20+22=28)
    Move Silently (1d20+17=18)
    Gah, natural 1.)
    Last edited by blackfox; 2007-02-15 at 08:09 PM.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."