New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1515
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Adalmar

His heart almost stops in his chest until he remembers his father wasn't buried around here... Grimly, he prepares for what can only be a long fight.

He accepts the garlic with a gracious nod. Now, more than ever, he doesn't want to waste time speaking.

He is relieved to find that he is able to wield this bow easily. He aims at the skeletons closest to the building. Maybe with enough destroyed, the bones will pile up until the entrance becomes inaccessible... Ha, wishful thinking. The arrow he lets fly are shrouded in dancing sparks.

Adrenaline flows in his veins. He barely hears what the demi-orc says, somehow it doesn't make sense. He lets out a shout : "Everyone ! Do your best !"

[OOC :
    Att 1: (1d20+10)[25]; Dam 1: (1d8+2)[8]; Elec Dam 1: (1d6)[6] (1 down)
    Att 2: (1d20+10)[25]; Dam 2: (1d8+2)[4]; Elec Dam 2: (1d6)[6] (1 down)
    Att 3: (1d20+5)[10]; Dam 3: (1d8+2)[7]; Elec Dam 3: (1d6)[1] (nothing) ]
    Last edited by namo; 2007-02-18 at 09:34 PM. Reason: reaction to Lumpy, body count
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Bugbear in the Playground

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Achkby pulls his sling off of his belt, but after a moment's hesitation ties it back on; his aim is good, but there's never been much force behind the little man's stones*.

At Lumpy's directions, however, he gives a half smile to Lissa.
    "If I don't get out of this remember that I... well, remember me. And if you do -- my family name is Gallandrome. If you're in the South country, I'm from Shimondein.
    But even if you're not, remember...
    Remember that...
    Just remember me.
    "

With that, he hurries down the stairs, shouting to the doorguard, "If I've got a lightning bolt left?! Ha ha, I can blast them away more than just once! They don't know what they're getting into -- the storms are mine!"

[OOC]Achkby will position himself about 30' inside the door, perhaps a bit more. He'll ready to cast Lightning Bolt in a 10'-wise column after the skeletons move inside, so as to get the most possible at once. If they try to move to the sides, instead, he'll zap them immediately.
    AC 19, I believe.[/OOC]

*Don't read into that too much, please
    Last edited by HempRope; 2007-02-18 at 10:15 PM.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Callos

Relax Callos, their just normal skeletons. This isn't like your nightmares. Your fellow adventurer's skeletons aren't going to claw out of them and attack you. You've faced more horrible things then skeletons. It's all....What the?!

"Lumpy, Thokk, and anyone else down there, don't stand so close to the damn door! If that trap goes off and your right there, then you'll be hit too! Back up! That'll and I'm going to try and bring down the section of walkway above the door down on them when they break threw!"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

Thokk hears the necromancer shout at him, looks at the door, and smiles

"Hahaha! Good job lad, we shall get these bastards!"

Thokk steps out of the way slightly, and prepares to rush in as soon as needed. The dwarf seems light, almost happy about the impeding skeletons. Listening closely, you can hear a small tune being murmurered under his breath...

"Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."
    Last edited by sacreddeamon; 2007-02-18 at 10:51 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1325

Lizardman Druid

The druid's jaw literally dropped when he saw a bloodied Tongues on the Slayer's shoulder. The words that the 'holy man was dead' took longer to sink in.

No!..this is a distraction... The hunt is outside

A welling of thoughts are about to explode and his first instinct is to see to the human healer in the room and Elthan after that but this was not the time. He focuses on the enemy outside and pushes the thoughts away.

One thing was sure...even if they survived this battle...they had already lost at least one of their number. And there would be a reckoning.

OOC: Ssathiya moves to a window overlooking the door and readies a sling shot at 100 ft with -2 penalty
    Attack: Nat 20
    Dmg: 2 +2 = 4 bludgeoning
    Last edited by runehawk; 2007-02-19 at 08:14 AM.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

6. - Top - End - #1326

Khazrael

They can't take the sky from me indeed...

"They already lost one war, I'm not too worried here!"

His hands move in a quick gesture and several more magic missiles stream towards the skeletons.

((OOC: Casting MM on the skeletons, the first missile hits the skeleton I hit before, the next two hit a random one: 1d4+1=3, 1d4+1=2, 1d4+1=4, That's 3 so far...))

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Orc in the Playground

Trinark

Trinark of House Tel'von follows his own advice, leaving his relatively useless swords in their sheathes. Having stood, surveying the aproaching undead army he unbuckles his swords, leaving them at the top of the stairs. They would make usefull weapons later if it came to it, particularly if they had to fall back and were facing the vampires as well. For now he needed to be light, to dance the dance of death as best he could and they would only weigh him down. He descends the stairs, picks up a chunk of wood, a chair leg, good enouh for a club.

He meets his friend the Druid at the top of the stairs as he leaves the room of death. He can see his aggitation in his eyes.

"Evendur is dead." he says, a statement, not a question. He hangs his head.

"The Half-orc is right. He is a good warrior. Come to the stairs when they reach the front door. We will need your sling there. I shall call upon Elistraee to put fear into these undead creatures. We shall win this day yet, fear not dear friend."

Trinark lays his hand on the Druid's sholder.

"Good luck my friend. May you hunt these undead well."

Having tried to comfort the Ssathiya he now feels the loss in his own heart, a hole, however small, thet he knew would grow larger if another were to fall int he coming fight. He takes a deep breath.

I will not let another of us fall here, Elistraee be my witness, not while I still can help.

Trinark hefts the piece of wood in his hand as he descends the stairs, it would be posible to throw this if it came to it, having nothing else at hand to use at range, but he must not disarm himself. Looking arround the ground of the first floor he sees other debris and befins to cellect it, forming a pile of usable materials for throwing. He may not be strong, but neither was he a bad shot. He takes his place at the bottom of the stairs by his pile.

"Use these if you have nothing else to throw at the skeletons. It may be enough to slow a few down," he states to anyone prepared to listen.

He flashes an encouraging smile around the room. "We shall prevail because we must. Follow Lumpy. That is all I ask."

He then mutters holy words, becoming as he does a more comanding presence, his bearing more reagal, his face more alive. Finaly he surveys the scene before him, working put where his deities aid would be most usefull.

[Ooc: Casts Eagles splendour on himslef, +4 charisma for 4 mins, 40 rounds.]
    Last edited by Dark_Stalion; 2007-02-20 at 05:26 AM.
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

Kurt

8. - Top - End - #1328

The lizardman, Tiriel, Lissa, Adalmar, and Khazrael blast the skeletons from the three windows above the front doors.

Adalmar's right hand is a blur as he fires arrow after arrow into the approaching skeletons. Two skeletons explode in a flash of blue electricity.

Khazrael fires more magic missiles, blowing up two more.

Tiriel draws back her bow with superhuman strength. Her first arrow passes straight through one of the skeletons. Clenching her teeth, she sends her next two arrows into the same skeleton only to see them pass through its bones ineffectually. Finally a stone from the lizardman's sling shatters the skeletal warrior's torso and it falls apart.

Thokk and Lumpy stand facing the doors with their backs to the second barricade. The dwarf sings to himself serenely as he waits patiently for battle.

Trinark and Achkby stand atop this barricade facing the door as well, ready to turn or electrocute any skeletons that make it into the building.

Callos, Aeroz and Yix remain on the second level, debating where they can be most useful.

Other skeletons immediately fill in the gaps as they continue their inexorably march forward to the front doors. Adalmar tries counting them but loses count at 50. There are easily 100 skeletons advancing on the meeting house.

An axe bites into the door with a thud. The axe is soon joined by others until the entire meeting house reverberates with their staccato blows. The door vibrates, but holds.

OOC: Five more skeletons destroyed (total 6). Tiriel's next round is accounted for.
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2007-02-19 at 06:36 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VII: Lake of Tears II

Callos

Dammit all! How am I supposed to try and stem that tide of undeath? Wait..maybe fighting isn't the answer here...

"YIX! I need you over here pronto!"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

Thokk continues to sing to himself, preparing for the coming battle. His tempo continues to rise and he begins shouting the lyrics. After he finishes, he turns to Lumpy

"Lets do this lad"

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

Yix finally believing someone has found a use for him runs over to where Callos called him, "What do you need me to do?"

12. - Top - End - #1332

Adalmar

Heartened that his enchanted bow is making a difference, he lets loose more arrows.

OOC:
    Att 1: (1d20+10)[26]; Dam 1: (1d8+2)[5]; Elec Dam 1: (1d6)[1]
    Att 2: (1d20+10)[18]; Dam 2: (1d8+2)[4]; Elec Dam 2: (1d6)[2]
    Att 3: (1d20+5)[23]; Dam 3: (1d8+2)[10]; Elec Dam 3: (1d6)[3]
    (total: 1 down)
    Last edited by namo; 2007-02-19 at 08:59 PM. Reason: bone count
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ettin in the Playground

Callos

"Listen Yix, this doesn't look good and your the best person for this. I want you to start looking for another way out of this building. I can only provide a temporary escape if we need to keep falling back so a way out is something we need. Your small enough to evade notice inside even if the skellies get in or even if you flit about the outside of the building. Not to mention your telepathy will enable you to instantly let us know if you find something we can use. If you have ANY sort of special tricks, magic or even just regular skills that you think would help then start setting them up. I can't stress how important this is Yix." Callos stressed to him with as much firmness in his voice. He had to impress upon the pseudodragon just how important his mission was. Then he hesitated and gestured for the little dragon to come closer to him so he could whisper to the pseudodragon.

((Spaz, check the Private Conversations thread please.))

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ogre in the Playground

Katrin

Katrin stands at the top of one of the staircases, blocking the way up to the balcony, but ready to let her friends downstairs. She looks quickly around for anything she could throw at the skeletons and make herself useful, since she didn't want to waste her holy water before the vampires arrived.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

15. - Top - End - #1335

Tiriel

After her second arrow passes harmlessly through another skeleton's armor and bones Tiriel puts down her bow in frustration.
    "Damn it! See, this is why I hate dead things: they don't fight fair, they don't feel pain, and they're the most brainless bunch you'll ever met!"
    Tiriel shouts as she stomps away from the windows looking for a LARGE piece of wood to throw at the advancing skeletons.

::Instead of attacking for a third round Tiriel plans on locating the largest piece of wood that she can carry - be it a bench, a table, etc. - that will still fit through one of the windows.::
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

16. - Top - End - #1336

Khazrael

"There are so many! How are they controlling them all?!"

The skeletons can't get to me up here, but if Callos was right, I'm easy prey for the vampires.

He fires a wild spray of dim ochre light from the very air around him which coalesces into semisolid streaking missiles that snake out after two more skeletons.

((More magic missiles (1d4+1=5, 1d4+1=5, 1d4+1=2), one more skeleton destroyed and one injured.))
    Last edited by Koji; 2007-02-20 at 12:45 AM. Reason: formatting errors

17. - Top - End - #1337

Dammit, forgot about the barrier.

"Callos!" Achkby shouts as he climbs the barrier, "Don't collapse the doorframe until I tell you!"

On top of the barrier, Achkby is practically hopping from foot to foot in anticipation, until the first axe blow strikes the door.

"Trinark," he says suddenly, stumbling over the harsh tongue as he speaks swiftly, "I can't work from here. I have to go down, I have to be on the floor with the skeletons."

He starts hunting for the best way to climb down into the barricade.
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yix

Yix hurriedly begins stripping off his armor, feeling like it'd hinder his ability to sneak through the ensuing fight. After removing all his armor, he goes off the find another exit of they can leave from. He feels slightly remorse about what Callos told him, but he knew it had to be done.

((When the fight ensues Yix will sneak accordingly

Move Silently: +11
    Hide: +23 ))

19. - Top - End - #1339

Aeroz

Abandoning the rapier idea because of of the skeletons resistance to such weapons, Aeroz a long stave of wood (Elthan's staff, if it is available) and goes downstairs to where Thokk and Edgar are currently waiting. He takes cover behind a heap of something large enough to hide him.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

20. - Top - End - #1340

Khazrael

Time seems to slow for a moment as the man's brain kicks into gear, brought to its full potential by the stress of the situation.

"Those skeletons aren't the townspeople, they're armed like soldiers--they didn't meet their fate this way! If Valentine did this, why wouldn't she just use their bodies for new minions? What's more, when we found this place, the ground was undisturbed!"

He locks eyes with anyone who bothers to look up at him, and exclaims,

"The undead didn't do this, and I think the townspeople got away! There must be a backup plan in place! Some way for them to have escaped!"

Hells, we wasted our time lounging around when we could have been searching for clues!

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Orc in the Playground

Trinark

Trinark uses the last moments before the door gives to make the rounds, blessing the area just behind the second barier so that it reaches the ranged people on high.

"May Elistraee bless you in the coming battle," he calls out to everyone

He approaches Aeroz as he psses him towards the baricade, laying a hand upon his sholder.

"Elistraee, aid Aeroz in our time of need."

Finaly he turns his prayers to himself.

"Elistraee, I ask for your protection against this evil tied that now bears down upon us."

He stands at the behind Thokk and Lumpy, readying his holy sybol to Elistraee, it's polished silver finaly uncovered from its dark home beneath his clothes. He holds it out in front of him, his shield below, the dule shining effigies seeming to offer hope of salvation in this dark place. He waits for the first undead to penetrate the outer defences.

[Ooc: Ok, that should take 3 rounds (24 seconds), Eagles splendor now has 47 rounds remaining, Bless will last 48, covering everyone on the balcony up to about the stairs and prety much the whole ground floor, Aeroz 49 of Aid and I have 50 rounds protection. Might be a good idea if you keep track of your own bonuses for now. The sooner we can get through these skellys the better. Don't forget to factor them in to your equations. Should he be interupted before completing these he will break off and ready his holy symbols.]

Bless: +1 atack and will saves vs. fear
    Aid: +1 atack and will saves vs. fear and 1d8+4 temporary HP: Temp HP for Aeroz (1d8+4=6)
    Last edited by Dark_Stalion; 2007-02-20 at 05:40 PM.
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

Kurt

22. - Top - End - #1342

Fizahn:

Fizahn seems unsure of where he should be. Leave it to me to be utterly useless. I can't fight skeletons. Maybe there's a locked secret passage that we can head through. Aw hell, whatever. Fizahn rushes down to the front line fighters. He hefts a piece of wood two-handed and grins at Thokk. "You wouldn't happen to know about any secret passages out of this place that would require the skilled hand of a gnome to open, would you? When we get out of here, I'm working in the city. Only things with flesh in the city."
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Haha, while that may be true, these ones are sooo much fun to destroy! Not to mention some will probaly have some nice old ancient coinage upon their persons..."

Thokk looks around as more and more people join him and Lumpy on the barricade

"Well, now, this be a right old party! I'm looking froward to this more and more! Lets take em out!"

24. - Top - End - #1344

Aeroz sheathes his rapier and dashes to the storeroom. The elf has lived for many many years and has seen many things, but the gory scene in the storeroom stops him in his tracks. He steps forward gingerly and picks up Elthan's quarterstaff, muttering a brief prayer for Evendur.

Aeroz and Fizahn join Achkby and Trinark on the barricade behind Lumpy and Thokk. As the untended fire dies down, the entire lower level is bathed in a dim red glow. Hefting their weapons or makeshift clubs, the six warriors keep their eyes on the oak doors, which vibrate and begin to crack.

Katrin stands up above, comfortably ensconced in shadows, blocking one of the staircases, a table leg in one hand.

The rest of the group fires arrows and magic missiles out the windows, destroying two more skeletons. Tiriel drags a tabletop to one of the windows, lifting it over her head in an impressive display of strength.

Countless axes pound the doors until their blows sound like the patter of rain. Inevitably, the doors begin to give way. Skeletal arms reach between the shattered door slats to begin to clear away the debris blockading the doors.

The skeletons are practically climbing on top of each other as they attempt to break into the meeting house.

Callos grins, anticipating a massive explosion. When nothing occurs, the necromancer's smile fades to an expression of puzzlement.

Yix slips out a window and onto the roof. Unencumbered by his armor, he moves like lightning. Looking down from above, he sees the skeletons massed around the front doors. The skeletons pour like water around the periphery of the meeting house, looking for other entrances. Fortunately, the walls of the lower level are made of windowless thick stone and the skeletons scrabble uselessly against them.

In a short time, the entire meeting house is surrounded, though most of the skeletons are clustered about the front door.

There must be another way out, Yix thinks to himself. Perhaps this is just wishful thinking, however. The pseudodragon slips back inside and spirals down to the lower level looking for a trapdoor, a secret passage, anything ...

OOC: Eight skeletons destroyed total.

It will take five more rounds for the skeletons to force their way between the barricaded doors. Any spellcasters or archers can submit five rounds worth of actions to speed things up before the "dirty (half) dozen" on the first floor get to engage in melee.
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2007-02-20 at 02:57 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Not one to stand idle, Lumpy leaves his flail resting atop the barricade beside him and strings up his longbow. At the first signs of the door giving way, he begins firing, loosing a methodical barrage of arrows in hopes of penetrating a gap. Most would likely miss by the door's intervention, but their contribution to it's destruction would be negligable compared to the worth of even one hit.

When the door finally gives way, the orc casually sets his bow beihnd him and takes up his flail. The calmness of his eyes fails to match the intensity of the snarl on his lips as he takes up a defensive stance.

((OOC

The skeletons likely get a lot of cover, especially in the first few rounds,

Round 1: Attack 1 - (1d20+9)[13], Damage 1 - (1d8+3)[4], Attack 2 - (1d20+9)[29], Damage 2 - (1d8+3)[7]
    Round 2: Attack 1 - (1d20+9)[17], Damage 1 - (1d8+3)[5], Attack 2 - (1d20+9)[10], Damage 2 - (1d8+3)[7]
    Round 3: Attack 1 - (1d20+9)[29], Damage 1 - (1d8+3)[5], Attack 2 - (1d20+9)[23], Damage 2 - (1d8+3)[4]
    Round 4: Attack 1 - (1d20+9)[28], Damage 1 - (1d8+3)[10], Attack 2 - (1d20+9)[27], Damage 2 - (1d8+3)[5]
    Round 5: Attack 1 - (1d20+9)[18], Damage 1 - (1d8+3)[11], Attack 2 - (1d20+9)[12], Damage 2 - (1d8+3)[8]

Edit: Forgot to change the bonus on the second attack of each round. Subtract 5 for 24, 5, 19, 22, and 7))
    Last edited by bhdrake; 2007-02-20 at 11:55 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

The Dwarf draws his bow, and lets loose several shots before once again drawing his Bastard sword and tower shield

As he is firing at the hordes, he yells behind him

"Little lass! If you have any healin' ready, I suggest you head over here and get ready to help us out! We can box yer in so you dont get bashed about"

Round 1: Drop Weapons, Draw Bow, Fire
    Thokk To Hit 1 (1d20+7=12) (Miss)

Round 2: Two Shots
    Thokk to Hit round 2:1 (1d20+7=11) (Miss)
    Thokk to hit 2:2 (1d20+3=23) (Hit)
    Thokk 2:2 damage (1d8=4) (No Effect)

Round 3: Two shots
    Thokk to hit 3:1 (1d20+8=15) (Hit)
    Thokk to Hit 3:2 (1d20+3=23) (Hit)
    Thokk Damage 3:1 and 3:2 (1d8=7, 1d8=4) (2 damage dealt)

Round 4: Two shots
    Thokk to Hit 4:1 (1d20+8=10) (miss)
    Thokk to Hit 4:2 (1d20+3=9) (miss)

Round 5: The dwarf puts away his bow, and draws his sword and shield again, and prepares for the on comming tide

27. - Top - End - #1347

Tiriel

"Everybody move!" Tiriel shouts to those near the window as she hefts the heavy wooden table over her head.
    "Ergh! Take this you *******s!" She shouts as she half throws and half drops the table directly on top of the mass of skeletons attacking the door.

[one move action from round 3 to get the table, one move action to return w/the table, one SA to throw the table - so she should have 4 rounds left before the door breaks?]
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

28. - Top - End - #1348

Lizardkin Druid

The druid had accepted that there was nothing much he could do and continued to fling the stone bullets. He nodded eagerly to Tiriel and Adalmar who felled many skeletons.

He looks on surprised at Tiriel drops a table. He peer at his sling with disgust for a moment before continuing to fling bullets.
    Just before the door finally splinters open he casts entangle in the area outside the door. Knowing that it would slow the skeleton's entry, he urges the attackers below to meet them at the door.

OOC:
    3 attacks miss: 8,9,9
    Attack 4:17, dmg: 2+2 =4
    Round 5: cast entangle 40ft radius spread around the doorway outside
    DC:13
    (-5 bullets)
    Last edited by runehawk; 2007-02-20 at 01:48 PM.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

29. - Top - End - #1349

Khazrael

Another curving beam of dim ochre light fires from the air around Khazrael, and he begins chanting a familiar, singsong chant. In seconds, thousands of shrieking cries answer him from outside as a black swarm descends upon the skeletal horde.

((OOC:

Round 1: Magic Missile once more: 1d4+1=4, 1d4+1=3, 1d4+1=4, first one hits wounded skeleton, kills it. Second two hit new skeleton, kill it.

Round 2, Summon Swarm on skeletal mob outside, bats.
    Skeletons in a 10 footx10foot square outside take 4 damage (all resisted) 1d6=1, 1d6=3

Round 3, 4: Bats may try and come inside, horribly.

Round 5: Bats disperse.))
    Last edited by Koji; 2007-02-21 at 11:00 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1350

Achkby moves over to Thokk, and extracts a scroll from its sturdy case on his shoulder. He goes through a few swift motions and places a hand on the dwarf's chest. Thokk's muscles swell beneath his full plate.

The halfling then clambers down into the rectangular barricaded area, and he swiftly withdraws another scroll from one of the cases slung across his shoulder. Using his left hand to unfurl it before his face, he quickly reads it over, but then lets his left arm drop to his side.

"Nobody do anything to the skeletons outside!" he calls to the others, above him, "None of you spellcasters, at any rate, touch them until I say!"

He wipes the sweat from his right palm off on his dirty navy, below-the-knee pants, and briefly fingers the four vials at his belt.

He then begins a low, harsh chant in something similar to draconic, accompanied by sweeping gestures with his right arm. He pauses before finishing the spell, though, holding his hand at head level with fingers splayed. Blue sparks jump between his digits.

[OOC]
    Using a scroll of Bull's Strength on Thokk.

Readying to cast Lightning Bolt in a 10'-wide (120'-long) line as soon as the skeletons break through the door (but not before, as it doesn't pass through barriers).
    Lightning Bolt Damage (6d6=17) Reflex Save for half DC 17, but it doesn't matter for the skeletons.

On the turn immediately thereafter, he will use the scroll of Web in his hand w/i the barricade's area, or, if the skeletons don't rush in, he will ready to use it once they get almost to him (5-10'). If they are threatening him, he will risk an attack of opportunity so as not to drop the spell; if hit, Cast Defensively (1d20+10=13). Blah!

AC 19 HP 22

(And by the way, I'm assuming Khaz's swarm had already taken effect when Achkby told spellcasters not to do stuff. Though I dunno if he was aiming right in front of the door anyways. Whatever, though, either he can stop or we can be redundant or neither.
    He's mostly hoping to stop someone like Ssathisya from doing exactly what he plans to do...)
    [/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE