New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

Vrishma

Vrishma scratches his head, just behind his right ear, as he listens to Masaya. He doesn't seem to be overly troubled, overall. When he speaks, he is quiet, but the joking tone in his voice isn't completely gone.

I can't say our problems are any larger than they used to be, I cannot. No problem will there be, Masaya, if you don't expect me to dote over you night and day. I can always tell the young one my people have different... traditions, I can. And miss Masumi... apparently human women can also act coy, I say, he grins widely. It may be a little too early to want to know everything about her. Among my people we say “judge the fruit by its taste, not its color,” we will learn of her when we see what she does. Although there is some truth to what you say, indeed there is – the feel of a samurai, little though I know, she does not have. Perhaps she does walk the path of the vanaprajara, after all, he ponders, his long fingers drumming his chin now, as he finally seems to be getting serious.

I am more worried about the magistrate’s son, I am. A young foal like him may be ill-suited to the shadowy paths we may take. If, the spirits preserve us, we are tainted and turn into monsters, I fear for him more than for Masumi. It’s sad when a young one like that enters danger, not to mention that if something happens to him, danger will stalk us as well. As for this guide… I would not be so worried, in these lands outsiders and woodsmen are often maligned, they are. I could prepare a way to know what guides his heart, I could… yet if he be a rogue, quick mind could help us more than magical aid. The spirits are whimsical, indeed they are, but do not favor those who do not rely on their own wisdom.

Regardless, we should first see the house, we should. I do not want to leave a foul murder like this behind me in my path, I don’t, and if it happened at the family’s house someone should have noticed it. I will need some solitude, however. I have learned that my arts are sometimes... disturbing for the unknowing, indeed they are. Yet before I forget - a grain of knowledge for you, Masaya – a wise spider always remembers well he has spun his web before, lest he himself get tangled.

Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree the boy could be in danger. He seems to know what he's talking about when it comes to fighting, but does he have combat experience or just training? Anyway, you're right, we should get to this house.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

The house stands empty and dark (obviously). The front door is unlocked, and immediately as you open the door you are met with a grisly scene. Blood spatters are on the walls, and there is a blood trail leading down to the basement...

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma goes into the house, looking with sadness upon the desolation that has taken hold of the once-happy home. He looks at the blood trails, and his eyes flash for a moment.

He takes out his mace, and charts a protective sigil in the air with the other hand. In the gloomy room, it seems like twisting columns of air have gathered around him - although there is neither sound nor mark of such winds in the room.

(Casts prot. from evil on himself)

Come. Whatever it was, it was tied to the basement, it was, he says in a hushed voice. Be at the ready.

5. - Top - End - #305

Looking down the stairs, sounds of movement can definitely be heard. It is, however, dark and you can't see but to the foot of the stairs without light of some sort.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Chion

While Vrishma is casting Chion will take the initiative and go first towards the stairs, Yes finally a place to show my skill to everyone and bring honor to my clan.

Chion will proceed slowly in a defensive stance with his Nagnata positioned slightly behind his arm pointing up to the roof almost expecting an attack to manifest out of thin air. (moving 4 points out of attack with combat expertise and getting ready to apply my dodge bonus of +1 if all of this is successful then Chion is AC 25 if surprised then 18.). this pace will allow someone to pass me if they want to go first and Chion will not stop the Samurai from going first if they so desire.

HP:65
    AC 25/24/18 Expertise and dodge/expertise/flat foot
    Attack +7 with Naginata dam 1d10+4

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya will stay behind Vrishma for now, he's the expert on this situation after all. He rests his hands on the hilt of his katana.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Master Chion, wait! Vrishma says, confidently (and not too quietly). I understand your enthusiasm, young one, but you should not let it cloud your judgement, you should not. Was it not one of your people's greatest warriors who said "To charge unprepared is to invite disaster", I ask?

Having said that, he concentrates and chants a strange mantra in his native tongue for a few seconds. Upon finishing it, he closes his eyes - and when they open again, there is a strange radiance in them.

((Casts Detect evil))

Let us proceed carefully, I say. I hope you don't mind, Master Chion, but I would prefer it if I could go first, I would - I am more accustomed to seeing in such gloom. I apologize for not bringing a light, though... would you have one, I would ask? he says, now more quietly, as he approaches the stairs. He looks determinedly down the stair as he approaches it.

((Any reading?))

9. - Top - End - #309

PirateGuy

Chion

"Yes, I suppose you can go first, beware they may charge up the stairs or trap you at the bottom. I am anxious but not foolhardy shamen, you deal with the evil spirits. I willl be right behind you." His voice is a whisper, "I do not remeber spirits shuffling. Go if you want to go I am with you."Chion will fall behind to rear guard. and bring the naginata foward to an offensive posture over his head point toward the doorway.

AC 21/20/18 Expertise and dodge/expertise/flat foot
    Attack +11 with Naginata dam 1d10+4

10. - Top - End - #310

While there is no evil in your view at present, there is somewhat evil aura emanating from the basement, although there is no sign of movement and the shuffling noise has stopped.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma's brow furrows and he bares his teeth for a moment as he studies the darkness - or something in it. When he speaks, his voice is quiet but harsh

The spirits are restless, they are... they speak of evil here, that do not doubt. If none of you has light, we should go with caution, we should. Keep quiet he says, looking over his comrades.

((If no one has a torch or light spell, he will proceed downwards slowly - 15 ft. speed, trying to remain undetected as much as possible, and maintain concentration over the spell. Cyrus, there's something wrong with my sylnae.net account... If you have the sheet roll for move silently and hide - there should be the racial bonus and a +3 from dexterity, but no ranks.

If there is a light, he will proceed carefully and continue the spell, but not bother about stealth - it's kinda hard to sneak in a dark room when there's a guy behind you with a torch. Either case, he has his mace in hand as he goes down..))

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya will pad along behind him, hand on sword-hilt.
    (Move SIlently: 1d20+8=18 )

13. - Top - End - #313

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will proceed down the stairs after finding a lamp or torch to light in the house as last in line. He sill keep a steady grip on the Naginata in one hand and lamp/torch in the other hand, he will keep the light to a minimum. He does not look at his compatriots as they desend down the stairs.

AC 21/20/18 *Expertise and dodge/expertise/flat foot
    Attack +11 with Naginata dam 1d10+4
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2006-10-28 at 08:37 PM.

14. - Top - End - #314

Alright, Chion finds an unlit lamp on a table near the entrance to the basement. Anyone have a light?

((I sincerely hope that everyone is still here and hasn't given up on the forums after such a long break :-) ))

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

(Nope, still here.)
    Masaya turns and whispers to Ikiera Do you have some sort of light spell?

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground

[I'm Also Here..]

Masumi has been oddly quiet this whole time until the descent into darkness begins; perhaps she was acting the part of a servant, or perhaps she had nothing to add to Chion's one sided conversation...

However, things change with the schuffling in the darkness, as she loosens her katana over her shoulder. Seeming to have less trouble in the darkness she approaches the darker part of the house, and ... sniffs curiously at the air, as if she was trying to pick up something...
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

17. - Top - End - #317

There is definitely a reek coming from the bottom of the stairs. So are we trying to find a way to light the lantern? Or are we continuing down the way things are now?

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

(Is Ikiera still here?)

19. - Top - End - #319

Hmm, not sure. Do you want to wait, or should we continue on for now, see if he hops in later?

20. - Top - End - #320

PirateGuy

CHION

Chion will light the lantern if his cohorts sight doesn't reveal enough detail in the darkness as he desends down the stairs pausing momentarily at the top to kneel to striking his flint and steel to spark and light the latern as he is in last in the party his stopping shouldn't affect the party and his light should arrive late enough in the round.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

((Maybe Ikeira's player still doesn't know that the forums are back, but he wasn't posting for a while... He should have some contacts in his profile, if not I think we may NPC him for a while and then decide.))

Vrishma continues gazing down into the darkness, as he quietly goes down. He has taken his mace, and holds it downwards as he steps, while his left hand is tucked within his robes.

Hide: 18, Move Silently: 19

22. - Top - End - #322

As you descend the steps, there sounds to be something like a growl sounding from a corner on the other side of the basement. As a light is shined into the darkness, a figure standing on two legs but hunched over puts one blackened arm in front of his eyes in an attempt to ward off the light. The ends of the things hands end in long, cruel looking claws and there appears to be blood and giblets on the tips of some of its fingers. It growls more and begins to lurch toward the group. It appears that one of the legs was severely broken, so how it remains standing is a mystery. It's growls grow louder as it gets closer.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya hisses Vrishma, get back and cast your wards. Chion, get in front, you're the best armoured.
    (How wide is the corridor/)

24. - Top - End - #324

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will move forward and take his place at the fore finally after setting the lantern on peg/post/shelf as the naginata is not a one handed weapon.

Yes Lord Bayushi as you wish this time said with a broad smile and a gleam in his eye. I believe I am the only armored one here!!"Come on you foul shadowland reject come try the might of the Unicorn clan warrior." Chion will settle down in his defensive stance, feet wide apart in his red hakama. and wait for his AOA from his 10 foot reach weapon as the foul creature approaches him.

(note if the creatuere is not fast enough he will spring attack 5 feet to attack the creature and spring back 5 feet to the front of the party.)

AC 25 Expertise and dodge to the creature.
    Attack +7 with Naginata dam 1d10+4
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2006-11-01 at 03:35 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

((Does Vrishma have any idea what the creature is? Consult http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=30178 for any skills that may apply. I'd be interested in the type (undead, shadowlands, etc), at the very least.))

He steps back, trying to determine what the creature is and what may be effective against it.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2006-11-01 at 07:43 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326

It would appear to be a severely tainted humanoid. The area where you are now located has enough room for two people to stand side by side. Go ahead with your AoA, Chion

27. - Top - End - #327

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will step forward and lever the rosewood masterwork naginata into the dark creature.

1d20-> [14] = (14)+7=21 to hit
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=706741
    Damage 1d10-> [3] = (3)+4=7

AC:25 Expertise and dodge.
    HP65

Regular attack 1d20-> [8] = (8)+7=15

1d10-> [3] = (3)+4=7 damage
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=706749

Url=http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=706747]1d20=8[/url]

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Since the corridor is wide enough, when the creature is standing in front of Chion Masaya will step forward next to him, "hide" in the shadows for a sec (so it doesn't get a dex bonus to AC), draw his sword and attack.
    (Attack roll 21, Iajitsu focus 11, damage 24 or 14 if he's immune to critical hits.)

29. - Top - End - #329

PirateCaptain

ooc ikeira is back but on limited posting for a while give me some time to catch up from my move
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

30. - Top - End - #330

Take your time. You'll be here, just NPC'ed.

You notice that while both of you do damage, it's not to its fullest effect. The flesh seems somewhat...spongy and tough at the same time. It grunts slightly and swings at Chion.

Attack - (16 + 5 = 21)

Damage - (5 + 2 = 7)