New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

Chion will marvel inwardly at the creature's resistance to his attacks and remain in the defensive stance constantly whirlling the naginata blade back and forth around his body just deflecting the claws barely away from the his red haori. Occasionally and almost at random the blade will flicker out to stab in the creature.

"One day creature I will posses a weapon to dispatch your kind like wheat upon a scythe" Chion says defiantely to the creature.

HP:65
    AC 25 Expertise and dodge to the creature.
    Attack +7 with Naginata dam 1d10+4
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2006-11-02 at 04:47 PM.

2. - Top - End - #332

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

Ikeira will call out [oni]"Halt and stand back lest you be killed. who were you and why do you hunt this house?"[/oni]

If the creature persists Ikeira will cast poison breathe....(errr i think thats the one any way its the one he has memorized that deals poison damage)
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

The creature grunts and continues to advance.

(Fort Save = 2 + 4 = 6)

((I think that's how that spell works, if not, let me know, and I'll look it up in the book.))

((Edit. Did you mean Cobras Breath? Cuz that's a cone attack and effects all creatures in a 10 foot cone in front of you. I imagine that would be Masaya and Chion as well as the creature.))
    Last edited by Cyrus112; 2006-11-04 at 10:18 AM.

4. - Top - End - #334

PirateCaptain

ooc no its kiss of the toad and its a single target poison touch attack
    Last edited by androgial; 2006-11-04 at 10:57 AM.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma frowns and his upper lip purses in a gesture of hostility as he looks at the tainted... thing... as it progresses. He takes out a small piece of parchment from his robe, traces an obscure symbol over the text written in a foreign language, and with a triple "Ommm" puts it on Masaya's back. The air around the Scorpion seems to shimmer for a moment, and if he concentrates, he can hear soft whispers coming to life around him.

((Casts Shield of Faith. +2 Deflection bonus to AC, 5 min))

As the creature makes its next step, he takes out a dagger out of his sash ((move action)) with his free hand and takes a defensive posture.

6. - Top - End - #336

The creature seems somewhat affected by the poison attack.

((Back to the top again. Masaya and Chion roll first, then the creature then Ikeira and Vrishma.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

((BTW, if we have two weapons drawn but only attack with one, do we get the TWF penalties?))

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

(Thanks, V :) )
    Masaya seems to vanish for a moment, it's hard to see in the shadows and flickering light. Then there's a whistling sound, as he appears out of the darkness, his katana slicing at the creature.
    (Attack roll 1d20+9=29, critical confirmation 1d20+9=10 fails, damage 19 or 10 if he's immune to critical hits)

9. - Top - End - #339

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will continue his defensive movements of the naginata back and forth around his body, He will smile as he brings the weapon over his head and down on the creature. The naginata will return to the rest position at his side, butt of the weapon to the ground blade forward.

1d20-> [20] = (20)+7=27
    crit confirm
    1d20-> [12] = (12)+7=19

3d10-> [8,7,4] = (19)+4=23 or 12 if the creatue is immune.

((ooc So sure of the the creature's demise after this round. At the start of next round Chion will reset to his normal attack of +11 and AC of 21 (dodge and armored breastplate +2, dex+2).))

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=711537
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=711540
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=711542

HP:65
    still AC 25 Expertise and dodge to the creature.
    Attack +7 with Naginata dam 1d10+4
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2006-11-05 at 09:10 AM.

10. - Top - End - #340

((Fun times))

So, after Masaya's attack, the creature stumbles a bit but keeps coming forth. But Chion drops it. It falls backwardsk, arms spralled out, very dead.

((Chion, make an intelligence check, or knowledge local if you have it))

11. - Top - End - #341

PirateGuy

Knowledge local +2

1d20+2-> [13,2] = (15)

((Hope that is good enough.))

Chion will kneel and inspect the body and the basement proper, he will not be surprised to find out that this man lying here is the former owner of the house.

12. - Top - End - #342

((Not quite, hehe))

You recognize this figure as the second son of the house, who volunteered to go with the giant army that General Kyo amassed to go into the Shadowlands. You had heard the entire army was annihilated and that there were no survivors, but this unfortunate soul was obviously twisted into a Shadowlands creature somehow. You recall the owner of the house became conspicuously jumpy and reclusive (along with the rest of his family) over the past week or so.

((Sense motive for Chion))
    Last edited by Cyrus112; 2006-11-06 at 12:31 AM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma snorts as he sees their enemy fall, and he makes a few tentative steps forward, studying the dark basement.

((if detect evil is still active, he uses it. If not, he will just look if there's anything of interest in the range of his (low-light) vision. His spot and listen results are here, if a check is needed))

Having seen and heard what he could, he takes up a small slip of paper and lays it on the head of the body as he starts droning a prayer in an unfamiliar tongue (Spirit, if anyone knows it it is a prayer for the dead).

14. - Top - End - #344

There is no more evil in the room. You do notice, however, two sort of lumps in the ground down here (the basement is just packed earth). They look sort of like freshly dug holes that were filled back in.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Chion, do you recognise this man?
    As Masaya talks, he peers at the dead man, trying to see if his mutations are... familiar.

16. - Top - End - #346

PirateGuy

Chion

1d20+2-> [14,2] = (16) sense motive
    or 1d20+2-> [17,6] =(23) Knowledge nobility

Turning to Masaya
    "This man was part of the force that went in the shadowlands. He was the second son of the house, who volunteered to go with the giant army that General Kyo amassed. The owner of the house became conspicuously jumpy and reclusive over the past week or so. This would explain his actions, my father should know of this at once. Anyone else who returns from that accursed place should be watched closely for the taint lest they become monsters as well. I am glad to have been chosen to help you Lord Bayushi, what are you orders ? Perhaps these fresh graves are the remains of the family after the taint took this one, should we get somone of the right caste to dig up the graves and check the bodies or use one of your servants ?" Chion will spit out these last words and look at the group for direction.

17. - Top - End - #347

You can see no tattoo on his left arm, nor are there any marks or scars (from shards of tainted jade. If I failed to mention that before, I am now. All those involved in the blast have a number of scars in the chest area)

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya peers at the man, especially at his chest, but doesn't touch him. Hmmm... Kyo's army you say. I thought no one had survived at all, but obviously some people got out. I suppose without the protection of the army, he must have been tainted by monsters or something on the way back. As to the graves, let's go outside and find someone with a shovel.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma looks like he wants to say something, but purses his mouth and listens to what Chion suggests. He traces a sign at the parchment, and goes over to the lumps of earth in order to inspect them more carefully.

Interesting, this is, he mutters quietly. Were we elsewhere, I would say a mole lives here, I would indeed... But here, much more sinister things than the little earth-diggers may disturb Grandmother Earth's rest. He looks at them for a while, trying to determine anything more definite from up close. ((Let me know if he can and/or should make another check))

20. - Top - End - #350

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will look into the eyes of Masaya when he speaks.

"Fine, we go and find somone together. We are in danger if this is not an isolated incident. I will send word to my father for a meeting about the excursion to the shadowlands the General Kyo led. Perhaps there are some veterens we could speak to."

Chion will then smile and lean his Naginata on his shoulder while starting to walk out of the basement. He pauses to pick up lantern."That was a good fight, we work well together. I had heard that Clan Scorpian's battle prowess was unothadox but I had never saw fighting like that before. Perhaps your Clan has learned much since the last time our Clans fought. You were attacking and withdrawing like the Unicorn horsemen of legend. This is a good omen HA !"

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma crouches near the lumps, and his brow furrows. He puts his mace back in the improvised holster he has made for it at his waist, but keeps the dagger ready. He taps the earth a few times, trying to determine if there is a half-hidden hole there. ((Let me know how this turns out))

When he hears Chion, he mutters something and turns to the others. This place has been tainted by the dark spirits, noble warriors. I will need some time to cleanse it and call the original owners back, I will, else further evil may spread from here again. I trust you can spare some time?
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2006-11-06 at 04:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #352

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will laugh"Yes Good Shamen, I will await your ceremony before departing. I am humbled by your accordiance of the spirits of this area. I had not thought on containing the blight." Chion will touch the jade family pendant hanging at this throat while leaning on the rosewood naginata. He seems relaxed at this moment quite the opposite of the bridled tiger at the top of the stair. Chion will hold the lantern aloft so that the room is brighter for Vrishma.

((OOC what about the sense motive ?)))

23. - Top - End - #353

((I don't recall why those were necessary now...egh, apologies.))

Anyway, the ground where the lumps are seems softer. If there is inspection, one of the holes contains the remains of animals and one or two human skeletons, obviously the remains of this things dinner. The other hole contains the armor and swords (katana and wakizashi) of the now dead second son.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Thank you, master Chion. Yet first, there is something that I would like to check up. Vrishma senses that there is something buried and starts digging with one hand, the other still clutching the dagger. Upon finding the buried bones he clicks his tongue with disapproval and tilts his head.

A sorry sight, this is. Forgive the insult to your senses, humans, but such travesty must not be maintained a second longer, it must not. He unearths the remains, and takes those of humans - or any other humanoids, for that matter - out. In the second hole, he picks up what seems to be the handle of a weapon, and "hmm"s surprised. He lifts the weapons with care, placing them together, before addressing Chion. These, I suppose, belonged to one of the family. What would be done with them in such case, master Chion? I don't know if there are any survivors who should inherit them.

((Good thing there isn't a Lion around... although it can get prickly anyway. The next he does if there are no very powerful objections to his behavior and/or after they finish))

He rises to his feet, and cleans his hands as best he can with a piece of cloth (er, I presume he has one or two... if not - I forgot to write them in the inventory - he will try to rub the dirt off) and some water from his skin. He then knees next to the bones and starts chanting a prayer in his own language, and then the spirit speech. When he finishes, he takes up a handful of soil, sprinkles it over them, and casts a few drops of water over it as well. He then rises and goes around the room 3 times, again chanting, before taking up and ringing a small gong he has kept in his robes. Those more sensitive to the flow of ki feel a faint surge of energy as the clang echoes in their ears. ((Turn Undead)). Finally, he inscribes a circle of strange hieroglyphs on a sheet of paper, which he places at the door.

Having done that, he returns to the center of the room, sits down and spreads a circle of strange dust that seems to glow in the gloomy room as he begins intoning a sonorous mantra. His head soon tilts, and his eyes seem to become pearly-white.

((Casts Trance))

25. - Top - End - #355

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will accept the armor and swords if no one else has any objections. "I will make sure that these are passed on good shamen" nodding along with Vrishma's suggestions. "We will research these weapons and whose claims rest most heavily upon them. Weapons are to be used and not tossed aside in dark times, The Itou clan will adminster to these."

((Unicorn clan brutely honest and forthright. Function first then honor. What is the type of armor ? ))

((The sense motive may apply to those still drawing breath ?))

"Humans ??" He will whisper quietly as nods his head during the ceremony.
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2006-11-07 at 03:20 PM.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya does not react at all when Chion mentions the last fight between Scorpion and Unicorn. His face twists to disgust when Vrishma pulls out the bodies, but he doesn't do anything. When Chion whispers, he turns to him and hisses Quiet!

27. - Top - End - #357

PirateGuy

CHION

Chion will stand resolutely and quiet for the rest of the cermony. He will look to Masaya briefly before casting his gaze downward as to no interupt the flow of chi with any more words. the weapons and armor will drape around him as he stands listening to chimes, waiting for the next action.

28. - Top - End - #358

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

Ikeira heads up and out a frown cressing his face as vrishma unearths the hidden remains.

ooc yeah my dsl line is functional no more limits to my posting

29. - Top - End - #359

It is leather scale armor, crafted like all armor of the minor Mantis clan ((Chion, you recall this merchant family belongs to the Mantis clan. Sorry if I didn't state it before hand))

Vrishma, you sense a haunting spirit in this very cellar.

30. - Top - End - #360

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will wait like a quiet stallion.while Vrishma communes with the spirits He will defer to to Masaya wishes and remain silent. His gaze will drift over the Mantis clan swords.

OOC((Cyrus just stick in details as we go along, I am digging this game and glad to be a part of it. Mantis clan huh, we'll asume I said that too as my charecter isn't too secretive. Oh good a spirit to keep us honorable.))
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2006-11-07 at 11:06 PM.