New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

((Heh, should have just used spirit sight instead. Any additional info on name or kind that the spell can normally provide? If it took several rounds of concentration - I don't have the book in the moment - he can wait)).

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya is standing and waiting, to see what Vrishma does.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will stand next to Masaya and watch to see what Vrishma does. The of spirits and the like are beyond him.
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2006-11-09 at 03:10 PM.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

((BTW, do such presences register to spirit sight? It is always on iirc, I'm just reminding you ;) )

As Vrishma's spirit opens up to the reflection of the cellar, he senses that there is a strange... presence in the air. Perhaps it has been too weak for his senses to pick up before. He studies it some more in order to be able to contact it, then out of pure curiosity. Not being able to determine exactly what it is, he looks for spirits further away, but finds little of such importance - minor spirits with no conscience do not bother him (Cyrus, let me know if there's anything at longer ranges, up to the 120-feet border). Eventually it dives back into the body.

The vanara's eyes close, then open again. Now they are back to normal. He sighs, and puts a hand in his robe again. There is something present here, indeed there is. I will see what it is.. Saying this, he takes out first a small wooden figurine he bought in the capital as a souvenir, then a small amount of incense that he places in a circle aroung and under it. His other hand takes a flint and tinder out of his sash, and he draws up a spark. As the incense catches fire, he rises, and begins to intone a series of words in the Spirit Tongue as his hands wave with the smoke. The smoke itself forms a cloud, and the cloud begins to take a shape...

(Casts Commune with Lesser Spirit, will DC 16 if it is not CG and does not want to cooperate. Sorry that I had to invent something to carry, I will subtract 10 gp. As a lvl 5 caster, am I allowed 2 or 3 questions?)

May you know rest, lingering one, he says softly in the tongue of the spiritsPlease tell us all you know of the tragedy that has claimed the lives of the family that lived here, of you I ask.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2006-11-10 at 02:09 PM.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Bugbear in the Playground

The spirit talks to you in an anguished voice.

"I was the patriarch of this house. So glad was I to see my second son after word had reached us that the army had failed. He came to us a couple of weeks ago, during the night. No one saw him enter. He had a high temper and was delusional. I took him in immediately. The next night he killed his younger sister. I was shocked. He loved her dearly, and they would always spend time together when time permitted. I didn't want this shame on my house, so I...buried her in the cellar.

As the weeks went by, my son's behavior became increasingly erratic and violent until I had to contain him in the very same basement. One night I went down to feed him his meal and he had...changed. He was feasting on the remains of his sister. He growled and spit angrily at me, but he did not attack. I think deep down he knew who I was and was somehow able to barely restrain himself from attacking me.

A few nights later, he couldn't hold back anymore. He killed me and then went upstairs and killed the rest of the family. Oh my dear Miho, forgive me. He somehow sensed that I lingered on, having all this death on my hands. I lingered in the basement, and that is where he generally stayed. He would go out at nights and bring back animals, but thankfully, no more humans. And then you four came and put my son out of his misery. I thank you, what little thanks from a grieving spirit can mean."

((I believe it's two questions))

6. - Top - End - #366

((Also, just a friendly reminder. Next Saturday is the midnight launch of the Nintendo Wii, and the new Zelda *drools...among other things* I will be incommunicado from midnight Saturday and all through Sunday. I will return to my posting sometime Monday, assuming the new Zelda doesn't steal my soul, hehe))

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

The Vanara sighs quietly as he listens to the story. What else there is, I ask... He knows not of Genki, probably. We can always meet this guide, we can.Very well, spirit, we thank you. Would you want anything from us to ease your rest, I ask?

8. - Top - End - #368

The spirit replies.

"You have done what I could not; you have put my son out of his misery. That is the most I could have hoped for. If you tell anyone, would you be so kind as to keep who he is a secret? I do not want to bring shame to my clan and family."

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

The shaman nods. Discreet I will ask my companions to be, I will. Unless the lord of these lands demands to know all that happened, the tale of your house will not spread. With my blessing go now, spirit, and join your ancestors in the world beyond, he ends in a sing-song voice as the fog begins to disperse and the talisman crumbles to dust.

((Any cutscene Cyrus or anyone else wants to insert ;) comes here. By the way, did the others hear and understand the spirit? I presume it was talking in Rokugani / Common))

Vrishma rises to his feet and stretches his feet, before turning to his compatriots. Well, what we needed to we did, I say. I trust possible it be that you do not spread the tale of what happened here overmuch? Little it matters now, but the family elder cares about his name remaining clean, he does.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2006-11-12 at 07:24 AM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

So, this is all wrapped up? We don't need to do anything else? If that's so, let's go tell the magistrate, and then find this guide.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Little else to do, there is, Vrishma says and shrugs, his long, wiry arms bobbing, Were they of my people to be I would administer proper rites, indeed, but here there are others who can better do. No evil spirits I sensed, and my wards should keep them for a while, they should. The family, eeh ownings will be distrubuted as the custom is, I trust, but that Master Chion better knows. May the Lords of the world beyond watch over the dead, and the spirits of light over the living. he says, closing his eyes for a moment and mutters something in his native tongue.

12. - Top - End - #372

PirateGuy

"Good shamen you are too kind, you don't have to speak so well of me. We shall turn over these items to the magistrate as proof of what occured here between a shadowland vetren and his family and the heavy price paid here. Those returning from General Kyo's force should be watched carefully for the taint. We have a duty to those who do not know of the danger they are in. Come we should meet your guide at the Inn."

Chion tired of waiting will go up the stairs giving those of a more cricutous nature to talk amongst themselves.

OOC((if you want anything out the items, we found speak up soon. Chion does not use a Katana or Wakasashi or the leather armor we found,))
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2006-11-12 at 09:30 PM. Reason: OOC

13. - Top - End - #373

((Are you all going to the magistrates first? or right to the inn?))

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

Right, let's go the magistrate's house first then, and after that to the inn.

15. - Top - End - #375

PirateGuy

Chion

"Good then let's go !!"

Chion will stride to the front of the group as they walk. Head held high as he goes back to the Magisistrate.

((OOC I thought the whole spirit think was between the Shamen and the spirit if I am wrong then Chion will soften his stance a bit towards implying the second son decimated the Mantis clan's merchant family,))

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

(Crap crap crap crap... I'm sorry guys I've been busy with reviews, lots of work and no breaks to surface... Is it too late for me to come back in?)
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

17. - Top - End - #377

PirateCaptain

(( no problem welcome back))

Ikeira waits patiently on the door step of the house, smoking.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

18. - Top - End - #378

PirateGuy

(( The King !! Alright the gang's all here. I was missing my tutor anyway. Good to have you back))

Chion wil lwalk out the front door and cough loudly several times while passing Ikeira, he will glance at him. "Are you coming with us ?"

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

(Just to let you guys know, I read today that Sylnae is closing, so we'll have to find somewhere else to host our characters. There's a suggestion on the Sylnae website of another place to use)

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

((What is going to happen with the sheets already there, though?))

As Vrishma goes out of the house, he breaks three branches off a nearby tree puts them on the doorstep, and sprinkles some salt-like substance over them.

((So, who's in the crowd?))

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

((Okay.. glad to be back... What's happened? ._.))
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

22. - Top - End - #382

((Crowd? What crowd? And welcome back Tonberry!))

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

((The party :) ))

24. - Top - End - #384

PirateGuy

((Masaya, Chion, Vrishma, Ikeira and Matusmi). We went to the house that we wanted to investigate, got jumped by a shadowlands creature, talked with a ghost through Vrishama and found treasure I can't use. Daisho and leather armor blech ))

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC : A matched set of swords? What was their description?

26. - Top - End - #386

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    OOC : A matched set of swords? What was their description?
    ((The other hole contains the armor and swords (katana and wakizashi) of the now dead second son.It is leather scale armor, crafted like all armor of the minor Mantis clan. Too bad no one else wears armor except for me. ))

27. - Top - End - #387

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

Ikeira waits for vrishma to complete his cerimonies before getting up.
    "Patience youg warrior patience. when a shaman is working with the spirits there are things that need to be done. waiting for him to finish is a courtesy, being allowed to witness it is an honor, knowing what is being done and how is a secret." says Ikeira to the young unicorn warrior.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

28. - Top - End - #388

PirateGuy

Chion

*sigh* "you are correct, I will await the Shamen." Chion will stand and watch the Shamen complete his ritual and thenstart off towards his father's place. Why does Lord Bayushi surrond himself with all of the wise but slow people. I will follow in his wisdom and calm myself. Not everyone is a quick as I am. they are set in their ways and must respect them. Human hmmm...

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi has remained oddly quiet for some time now, also as if she wasn't even there. She seems distant in her behavior as she walks with the rest, though as to why, is unclear. Perhaps she's not used to being in a group or perhaps she has no small talk to offer until the golden eyed ronin speaks up.

"What happens next?"

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

((Actually, Vrishma can, and usually does, wear light armor. I have it as "worn" on my sheet, but I can't decide if it should be above or under the robe - I suppose under is better. It might be that he didn't expect trouble, so he didn't have it today, but on the way he will have it on. As for the human bit - everyone knows what he is, right? He does sometimes wear a hat not to seem too conspicuous, but from less than 10 feet it should be obvious - say a DC 5 spot check))

Vrishma is soon finished, and with a sigh he heads towards the others. He nods to Ikeira: Thank you for the kind words, I do, sage Ikeira. But I do not know the ways of the land well, I don't. Should we bring those arms to the lord-magistrate, I ask, or find the relatives and leave them to those who are close by blood?