New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

We'll take them to the magistrate, and he will have them sent to the relative who is in line to inherit them. Masaya grimaces. As if one would want to inherit the arms of a Mantis he says under his breath.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

As you all walk in to the Magistrate's house, he looks up. He rises and bows slightly to you all.

"Well?" he asks with some impatience. "What did you find?"

3. - Top - End - #393
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Father the house we investigated was tainted. the family was attacked and slaughtered by the creature we fought and destroyed. The family fought well against the creature as it was wounded slightly when we came across it. We found these items and the second son of the house was dead upon our arrival. We put them in your care for disposal and judgement, I believe that the Manitis clan would want their safe return, however I do know other which may bring the items greater honor thru use against the shadowlands. I bow to your wisdom in these troubled times and I must commend the group you laced me into, they are brave and resolute in the face of the darkness we encountered."

Chion will bow deeply to his father and kneel to await his judgement.

4. - Top - End - #394

The magistrate looks around at the group, slightly taken aback?

"This is true? I do not doubt my sons' words, but a Shadowlands creature? Here? How is it than no one saw it until now?"

5. - Top - End - #395

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

"It slipped in in the middle of the night an kept to itself in their basement. hunting animals at first until it was discovered then it attacked the family and the bodies were found in the well where it had hidden them."
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

And who knows what powers a tainted creature could have. It may have been invisible or something. But anyway your excellency, your son slew it, so the town is now safe.

7. - Top - End - #397

A faint smile comes to the magistrate's lips.

"So Chion has brought honor to our family and clan. Then all of the schooling wasn't a waste. Chion, you will accompany these people from now on. You will be a part of their group. It's about time you went out into the great big world and battled the Shadowlands. You have proven yourself worthy. All that remains is the consent of the group. If you consent, brave travelers, I would request that you take him under your wing and look after him, train with him, and just generally become some sort of mentors to him."

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

Not my decision to make...

The ronin-ko says noncommittedly, however her eyes flutter and features soften some at the admittance that this creature apparently is blamed for having been hunting at night..
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma raises one of his eyebrows and casts a sideways look at Chion, but says nothing, just nodding in response to the magistrate Battle the Shadowlands, he says. I hope we don't have to go there again, I do. The sould of the land is wounded, it is, and I have not the power to heal it..

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course we would be honoured to have him join us, your excellency. (Actually, Masaya is not happy about this at all: and it shows, because I rolled a 1 for my bluff check.) But are you sure we are an appropriate party for your son to join? No doubt he wishes to bring honour to your family by battling the shadowlands, but we are going to the mountains near here, not the shadowlands. I went there once a long time ago, and frnakly I don't intend to go near it ever again.

11. - Top - End - #401

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will smile, clearly not catching Masaya's tone at all.

"Thank you father and Lord Bayushi, I wil gladly follow your group to whatever path you choose, Genki and the mountain sounds like a good diversion to calm my mind. Come let us go, of course with your persmission Father."

Chion will bow again to the Magistrate and Masaya and stand to start walking out the door gathering up the items as he goes.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

((What happens to the items, btw? I take it we gave them to the Magistrate?))

13. - Top - End - #403

((Yes, the Magistrate does indeed take them))

The magistrate smirks slightly, although there is now a slight edge to his eyes and voice. He obviously caught the lie.

"While your destination isn't the Tainted Lands, Bayushi-san, battle against the Shadowlands at any time, or any place, as you have just proven. Chion is an adept warrior, and I feel he will learn much under the tutelage of your group. You all seem very competent and knowledgable and...(he breaks off for a second to steal a glance over at ((Blast, I've forgotten tonberry's characters name, sincerest apologies)))..well groomed. I trust his joining your group won't be much of an issue."

He says this last part with slightly clenched teeth.

14. - Top - End - #404

PirateGuy

Chion

((Masumi))

Chion will look on slightly confused as his father speaks and then when his father is finished stride through the door, shaking his head lightly. "The shadowlands comes here, we do not go to it." he will say to no one in particular

15. - Top - End - #405

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

"My leige, perhaps you and the others should find this guide we heard about. I can handle the minor details that remain between you and his excellency."

No effort is mad to hide this lie(sense motive of 5 to detect). Ikeira waits for the magistrate and himself to be alone.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma looks to his companion, honestly surprised by Ikeira's proposition. He whispers, hopefully just quietly enough to go undetected: What would you speak with the lord about, Ikeira, I would ask?

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi merely returns the smirk with one of her own and a nod towards the magistrate.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya smiles. Ah yes, come Chion, adventure awaits! We will go the inn, and find this guide, while my servant sorts out the details.

19. - Top - End - #409

The magistrate looks suspiciously at the group, but if he caught the lie, or overheard the whisper, he is not outwardly showing it. He waits for Ikeira to speak.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma does not seem like he intends to leave. Apparently, he is quite interested in what Ikeira has planned, and waits with assured patience.

21. - Top - End - #411

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion leaves going out through the door not slowing his pace at all.

"Yes Masaya-san, we shall go find this guide for you and then we will se what we see"

Chion does not turn to talk with Masaya or look him in the eye, his pace is fast enough to lead Masaya there.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya follows CHion out, gesturing Masumi to come with them.

(Guys, we've got BIG problems. Sylnae was supposed to close on the 19th, but I can't get onto it, and couldn't yesterday either. Can any of you? I think they've closed early. Which means everyone who used it has no character sheet!)

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

((Er, I'm using the backdoor link - see the sticky they made in the OOC thread - but I can't DL my characters. Apparently I'll have to retype everything (groan) )).

24. - Top - End - #414

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

"We have an Impire wide situation on our hands and the Emporer needs to be informed of what happened here. The fewer who need to know the whole truth of what happened, the less chance of widespread panic. If you are ready, I will begin with what needs to be sent to the Emporer and all magistrates. at this point Ikeira tells the tale of the gathering of the army, its march into the shadowlands,the instance of the weapons explosion, what the healers told them happened while they were unconcious, Ikeira's request to the healers. And now we come to what happened here. The second son of the merchant returned home tired in the middle of the night. Unbeknownst to all he was being corrupted by the taint from the extended campaign in the shadowlands. thus the shadowlands creature we found slowly killed the son from within. but he didnt fully die, as there are instances where he recognized his father, and the final proof that he was still fighting the taint was the bodies found in the well, drawing attention to himself to keep the creature from harming the villiage. Had we known the taint had become more powerful than a finger of jade could prevent, steps could have been taken to prevent this tradgedy. It is my suggestion to have all other survivors of the army recive a jade treatment and a cleansing bath to prevent any further appearances of shadowland creatures inside the empires defenses. Especially since general Kyo sit with the emporer and is himself a survivor."

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Hearing Ikeira tell all of this, Vrishma barely manages to control himself. Regardless, his displeasure is obvious. He turns to the Magistrate instead.

It is a careless bird indeed, it is, that caws carelessly when a lion is watching it. What is done undone can't be, I guess, but much pains could result from this. There is a request I would have of you, oh Noble Lord. The spirits of the family lingered, saddened by the tragedy, and bade us keep their son's fate from their neighbors, they did, so that their name not tarnished be. Would it be possible, I ask, that their story does not leave your court? he asks with as much tact as he can muster. ((If you want to treat this as a diplomacy check, the result without any bonuses or penalties would be here: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=731880))

26. - Top - End - #416

The magistrate's eyes go wide, and he looks at the two of you warily, even slightly fearfully.

"I...I suppose I could get a report together. Now that the situation is over, I don't see any harm in keeping the identity of the monster a secret. Have any of your group...transformed recently? And I don't want to sound cruel, but I would appreciate it if you found your guide and were on your way as soon as possible."

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

This our wish as well is, noble Lord, indeed it is. Vrishma says, deferentially. We wish to bring no harm to anyone, we do, and far have travelled to see the sage Genki so that he may help us. From what I can divine our luck has held so far, it has, and we have not given to the taint. Yet say how long our luck lasts, indeed I can not.

28. - Top - End - #418

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

"Can Chion handle the information about the reasons for seeing Genki or should we keep this from him?"

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

The ronin-ko flutters her eyelashes, a dark look breifly comming over her rounded face, before she clears her throat, with the grim look of someone who's had a rather unfunny joke made at her expense.

And I've thrown my lot in with you -after- your visit to the Shadowlands.... What a twisted road the journey's taken now.

She runs a hand over one of the ornaments keeping her plaints braided gingerly.

Such is life. In any case, I'll accompany you, but Bayushi-san, Ikreira-san and Vrishma-san... What contingency do you have if the purification fails? Not having been to the Shadowlands, I can at least be an impartial aide for you...

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

(Wait, didn't Ikiera wait until Masumi was gone? Who is in the room when Ikiera speaks? I presume just him, Vrishma and the magistrate.)