New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

Ikeira

Ikeira speaks up at this point. "Then we should leave at noon today. Masaya, we need to have a small chat with Masumi and Chion before we leave."
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, he says to Nobutada, we'll head to this shop, get some mountaineering gear, and meet you outside the gate at noon. I'll need to go and get the money, I'll give to you then.
    He turns to Ikiera, and motions him and Vrishma over to the corner.
    What do we need to talk to them about?

3. - Top - End - #453

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

"I wasnt worried about Masumi when it was just going to be us, but now we need a guide and we have Chion to consider. The guide im not worried about at all, but Masumi and Chion should be told what might occur during our trip."(Ikeira is clearly indicating the supposed transformations)

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

What might happen? We only trasformed the once, when we were being experimented on by Shugenja, that was ages ago and we haven't transformed again. If we tell them, they'll run off, Chion might tell his father and then we'll be shot on sight by the guards as shadow-tainted.

5. - Top - End - #455

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

" the magistrate has already been informed and now understands or concerns for Chion. While he didnt specifically say, he did weigh his options and Chion still goes with us though he did ask us to leave as soon as possible."

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya blinks. He then says slowly and quietly And who exactly informed the magistrate?

7. - Top - End - #457

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

" I did. The incident in that tragic house might not be the only one to occur. At least the magistrate is sending a report to the emorer with a possible solution to prevent such occurances elsewhere in the empire.....like general Kyo sitting at the emporers right side."

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course, it is good to see you putting the Emperor's well-being as your priority. But anyway, we don't need to give Masumi and Chion unnecessary worries.

9. - Top - End - #459

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will stop his exercises " What is taking them so long are they buying the mountain ?" Chion will join Masumi on the opposite of the door leaning against the wall. "We could open up a school later if you like." Chion will wink at Masumi and stare off into the distance after a scowl settles back on his face.
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2006-12-02 at 04:29 PM.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nobutada leads you to the mountaineering store ((I couldn't think of a suitable name :-P)), where all of the needed equipment is on sale for a grand total of 10 gold.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

(How old is Chion again?)

"We? Heh. Would that I could, I'm afraid I'm moreso determined to spread my ideals and techniques than I am to spread yours..." Masumi smirks lightly however, still not having opened her eyes during the exchange.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

12. - Top - End - #462

PirateGuy

Chion

((I have Chion's age down as 18 years old bit I will doublecheck the charecter sheet))

"We could give our students a choice in their training. Oh good here comes everyone."

Chion will pay for the group's mountainerring equiptment and is there any really nice equiptment he could buy for more for himself.

13. - Top - End - #463

There is a really fancy fur cloak.

14. - Top - End - #464

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will buy the fancy fur cloak. "Let's go now that we have everythig, unless we need provisions."

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

We will need trail rations, I have some already but we'll need a lot. Hopefully we can hunt as well.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ettin in the Playground

"Leave the hunting to me. It's how I sustained myself while I was up in the mountains..."
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

17. - Top - End - #467

((The fur cloak is heavy and made of grizzly bear fur. Y'all goin to meet Nobutada outside of town now?))

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

(We should just buy 10 trail rations each, for 5 gold pieces, then meet him. That's what I'll do anyway, in case Masumi can't find game.)

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

((Sorry, was away during the break, couldn't post from there))

Vrishma looks around the shop with wide eyes, looking everything over and turning several smaller and better decorated things in his hands if he's not stopped. He will buy some rations, as well as some other stuff - some useful, but most of it to no use for anyone but him.

((I should really get back on reposting my sheets. For now, probably 8 rations and a couple more gold pieces of wares could help. I will check how much he has.))

20. - Top - End - #470

((Sounds good. Y'all ready to go, or do any of you have any last minute things to attend to?))

21. - Top - End - #471

PirateGuy

(Nope let's go, I'lll leave my horse at my dad's)

Chion will gather up the cloak and watch the others.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

(Shaman, you know you can access your old sheets at www.rpgwebprofiler.net don't you?)

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

((Well I'll be. Bless your vermin-type soul ;) ))

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

(I'm ready. Masumi has NO money, so even if she wanted to purchase goods, she's too proud to ask for anything...)

Masumi doesn't even enter the store, as her growing habit of leaning against buildings apparently lost in thought shows itself again. She doesn't seem impatient, however, as her stance is easy, so whatever she's thinking, she's resigned herself to traveling with this bunch.

25. - Top - End - #475

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will frown slightly when Masumi doesn't enter the store like everyone else. He'll purchase double the rations neccessary for the trip and pick up the grizzly bear cloak and another fur cloak. (let me know how this is). CHion will whistle as he heads outside and tuns to Masumi leaning on the building. Once there he will hand half the rations and the extra wrap to Masumi. "These are extra in case we lose some supplies on the way up. Please hold onto them for me if you don't mind."

Chion will bow slightly and await her response he knows this could go one of two paths.

26. - Top - End - #476

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

Ikeira makes a stop at a jade shop for as many fingers of jade he can gather before gathering his mountaineering supplies.(figuring if the army paid the survivors anything he has just enough for at least 1 finger of jade,which he will give to masumi, and his supplies)

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

(That's a point, I had a finger of Jade, then we were given another one, after our time in the shadowlands how many do I have left, 2, 1 or none?)

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

After having satisfied (at least partially) his curiosity, Vrishma looks around the store for some heavier clothes. He looks critically at his companions, then at the heavier clothes around. The spirits of this land are not so well known to me, they aren't. he states plainly, and my word may not be enough to ensure their support for a large group like ours. Like the red rats before the winter, we should be, and we would do well to be prepared in more mundane ways. Where is miss Masumi, by the way? She didn't seem to carry a heavier cloak, I think, and hardy as she may be she could use one if the weather is bad.

With this, he inspects the fur cloaks and looks at its size, making measurements with his hands. He looks back at the storekeeper, and asks Tradesman, how much do those cloaks cost?

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi's eyelashes flutter for just a moment before she accepts the bundle offered to her by Chion and Ikiera with a curt nod. "Thank you, though I'm not much of a porter.."

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

Well Vrishma, in that case I'll buy a cloak as well. But I hope you can learn the ways of the local spirits, a spell protecting us from the cold would do well. (Endure elements is lvl 1 and last 24 hours, so you could cast it once on each of us maybe)
    Masaya buys himself a nice warm cloak o go over his Kimono, although he won't wear it until they get to the mountains, it wills stay in his pack for now.
    Hmmm, he muses, maybe we should get a pack donkey.