New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

((A fur lined cloak (most seem to be made of fox) we'll say goes for half of what Chion paid for, as his was especially nice. If price was never mentioned, then, erm, 50 silver. If you paid more, Chion, change it to only a gold spent. A pack animal (something more substantial than a donkey for the weather) like a yak, um, I don't know how much that is. I'll have to look it up))

If you wish to interact for awhile, by all means go ahead.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

((Yeah I know - but at lvl 5 he can cast it only 4 times per day including the bonus from high wisdom, so it won't cover everyone. I don't think I can heighten it, but it feels a royal waste of spell slot...))

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

Once everyone has bought the stuff they need, Masaya says Right, let's get going, the faster we go the faster we find Genki.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi nods with a slight grunt, tossing the cloak over her shoulders and trudges ahead towards the exit of the villiage. Her gait is rather quick and it's only for a moment that she walks with her pace before she slows, realizing she's not on her own anymore... and there's a guide with them.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

5. - Top - End - #485
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

Ikeira trudges on in his slow pace
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma purchases 2 cloaks, as well as some other items he likes (such as 8 extra rations and some herbs if there are any). He struggles to fit the rations on his pack and then bids the storekeeper goodbye before he exits the store.

((Is there a river near the town?))

7. - Top - End - #487

((There is the well in the town, but no river. There will be a river coming up shortly, no worries))

Nobutada starts out at a leisurely pace, riding his somewhat raggedy looking horse easily. He veers off onto what looks like a game trail that leads up into the forest that lies before the base of the mountain.

"So, why do you all seek Genki, if I may be so bold as to ask?"

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

((Ok, then, he will buy a bottle of sake before he leaves, let me know if you'd prefer we skipped this so that we don't bog the game down))

9. - Top - End - #489

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will trudge with the rest of the group, looking out at terrain featrues for possible ambushes. He will move steadily with the rest leaving point to the guide and Masaya, while leaving the rear to himself.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya looks sad. Some people in my village hae been beset by a terrible curse, and my father has sent me to find Genki, who we believe might know a way of removing the curse.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ettin in the Playground

1d20+2=21, 1d20+2=9

(Spot/Listen. Also, Cyrus, she's using that other ability of hers...)

Near the front of the Party, Masumi keeps a steady pace near their guide, having only moved in an out of the ordinary way when she repositioned her katana to her waist. Mostly in her silent vigil she's been looking around warily, however her ears seem to me more tuned to Masaya's story than the forest itself...
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

Once Masaya has said his bit, he goes silent, hoping the issue will be dropped.

13. - Top - End - #493

"Ah," is all Nobutada says, letting it drop. "It seems the Shadow is everywhere these days, claiming what innocent life where possible, and killing the rest. Many have lost family to the Shadowlands. Who can say where the Shadows hated minions will appear next."

He begins to whistle a tune after his little speech, an old song carrying a sad air about it; a song of lamentation and loss. The days leading up to the base of the mountain are peaceful. During the second day, you come across a river leading down from the mountain.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya will get out his waterskin and refill it in the river (does it have a bridge across or stepping stones, if not is it shallow enough to walk across?).

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma walks calmly and with a nonchalant look on his face, and seems not to listen to Masaya despite walking relatively close. He seems to be in a rather good mood, overall, and carries the wicker basket he keeps his belongings in with a light smile.

((When we are out of the village))

Some time away from the village, he excuses himself and goes away in the bushes for a while. (Hopefully) away from the party's eyes, he lets out a few loud hoots.

((Does Shimikawa come?))

If yes, and she doesn't show any abnormal behavior, he pats her gently, and rubs her flank. Welcome back, I wish you, my dear. I trust you've kept yourself well? Come, we have much to do he says, inspecting her fur.
    ((Heal check:18, he will check for anything but particularly marks similar to those he and his companions have been developing.))

If she is okay and not somehow corrupted (she had 1 jade finger for all that counts), he will come back and introduce her to the group. Be not afraid, good friends, he says This is Shimikawa, she is, and by the graces of Mother Bear she guards me from harm. Stay your hand from her and no harm to you she will be, she will.

--- --- ---

2nd day:

After spending near an hour at dawn meditating and chanting (and annoying any light speepers), Vrishma sees a river in their path. To wait for me a little ask you, I will, he tells the others Long has it been since last I honored the spirits properly, indeed it has, and their support will be for us like a gentle rain for the forest - hardly felt, but keeping death away, it will be.

He takes off his basket, the weapons, the vest, and a bundle of other things both mundane and strange that he keeps in his robe. He takes a bottle from the basket, and pours some of the contents in the river, droning a slow chant and ending it with a hearty shout. The rest of it he leaves by the trunk of a tree and puts a rice bun next to it, saying something in the tongue of the Vanara. Finally, he walks into the river and sits down, praying, as the water almost - but not quite - reaches into his mouth. After a while he stands up, taking a handful of water, and sprinkles it onto the others.

May Old Man River protect us from evil, I ask, as the water that flows from his beard washes us. When the heart with courage drums, and the eye with will shines, the spirits will not abandon us. So say the Lords of the Mountain Peaks.

((He will pick up his belongings afterwards. I will update my spell list as soon as possible)).
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2006-12-12 at 06:26 PM.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya doesn't seem bothered by the cat's return, he's seen it before after all.
    While Vrishma is doing his devotions, Masaya will lie down on the grass to wait for him.

17. - Top - End - #497

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will gaze at the big and lean on his naginata. He'll smile and say nothing else, at the river he will participate in the ritual and fill his three waterskins.

18. - Top - End - #498

Shimikawa does indeed come and she has no marks on her. The river isn't that deep, as Vrishma has proved, and is easily crossed.

((Does anyone have anything else to do?))

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya's just waiting for Vrishma to finish.

20. - Top - End - #500

PirateGuy

((Nope just a fighter, just waiting and observing the group.))

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi, of all the travelers, seems to take the most umbridge to the big cat's introduction, narrowing her eyes somewhat as she gives the cat a rather respectful distance.

"Hrmmph. This party seems to get more and more crowded. If no one minds, I'll be off for a hunt."

With that, the ronin wanders off across the river but she looks back with a sidelong glance.

"Though this may come off as suspicious, but I ask that no one follow me or come looking for me."

And with that she wanders off for a few.

(PMing actions to you Cyrus)

22. - Top - End - #502

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

(never got an answer as to how many fingers of jade he could buy)

Ikeira watches masumi's reactions and departure puffing on his pipe as usual

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya wanders over to Ikiera, and sits down next to him.
    Ikiera, he says quietly so the Chion and Nobutada can't hear, do you think there's something suspicious about Masumi? Some of her actions and the things she says...

24. - Top - End - #504

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

"everyone has secrets to keep"

25. - Top - End - #505

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will watch Masumi go and the Ikera and Masaya hushed conference, sigh and then go back to keeping watch.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, I suppose so... says Masaya. But she doesn't talk about her past at all, she wasn't upset when I told her thousands of her clan had died in the Shadowlands. Maybe it's nothing, but I think we ought to keep an eye on her. You don't survive without vigilance, and it's better to be cautious than dead.

27. - Top - End - #507

((Apologies for that. You manage to find one finger of jade at a bit of an inflated price (say inflated by 5 gold).))

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

Once Vrishma has finished, Masaya will get up again.
    Right then, we can rest this evening, for now we better get going. Come on! he says, gesturing for the others to follow as he crosses the stream.
    Maybe if I can catch Masumi unexpectedly, I'll know what she's up to. And if she complains I'll say we're just going along as normal and happened to catch her up.

29. - Top - End - #509

((Mmkay, what's the rest of the group doing? And how about Masumi? Not to imply Masumi isn't part of the group, but she's off doing her own thing right now, which is why I asked about her separately))

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma "Hmms" slightly when Masumi goes off, and casts more than a few glances in the direction she went as he puts the big basket on his back. He takes a few gulps of water and fills the waterskin he carries, before washing his hands and face one last time. Only then does he come closer to the other two Shadowland survivors Curiosity killed the mouse, they say, but miss Masumi is too secretive for my tastes, even for a woman, he says, showing a big grin. I wonder... He looks at Shimikawa, which sits on the beach yawning, and nods. Yes, there may be a way... indeed there may.

He beckons the big cat to come towards him. I guess we should move on, I do, but how will she catch up with us?
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2006-12-15 at 09:54 AM.