New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

Chion

Chion will become more and more despondent as the march goes on once Masumi leaves the group. He'll keep pace with the others as a rear guard but will not engage the shadowland survivors or their guide.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

((Vrishma is at http://www.rpgwebprofiler.net/view.php?id=30178 . The spell list has been updated. Is Masumi already too far from us to be seen?))

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

(No, Masaya waits for the others)

4. - Top - End - #514

PirateCaptain

Ikeira will remain silent for the time and follow along
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ettin in the Playground

(Okay, Cyrus... you know my actions. Given that I rolled high and all, does Masumi have the time to head back to camp? We never discussed how long it took her)
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

6. - Top - End - #516
    Bugbear in the Playground

Masumi gets back to camp, and they are gone, but she can tell that they are no more than ten minutes ahead of her.

((Are you just planning on lugging the spoils around with you? What do you intend to do w/ the carcass?))

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi, hauling a freshly slain boar over her shoulders, looks somewhat disheveled and even moreso irritated when she returns to the camp. Swearing something to the kami and spirits that would be rather rude to repeat here, she takes off after the others....
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

When they had decided that they couldn't wait anymore (I thought we'd wait, to be honest, but still) Vrishma is a bit distraught that they may lose Masumi. He asks his companions not to hurry, and tries to keep them at a slow speed.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

She'll be ahead of us says Masaya, we'll be catching up with her.
    If I can get there fast, maybe I can find out what she's up to he thinks to himself.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma blinks. How will she know where we're going, I ask? he says with a bewildered expression.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya turns, startled. Uh, well, she went this way... oh wait. Dammit, this isn't the way she went. Masaya looks embarresed. You stay here a minute, I'll run back and see if she's behind us. He turns and runs back down the path.

12. - Top - End - #522

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will laugh slightly and lean on his weapon as Masaya moves past him and shakes his head.

13. - Top - End - #523

Masaya comes across Masumi in short order, and she has the carcass of a newly slain boar hoisted over her shoulders.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya looks embaressed. Sorry, I thought you went a different way. Let me help you carry that.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi laughs mirthlessly.

"Got suspicious, did we? And I can carry it just fine..."

She tries to walk past Masaya as she heads the way he came, looking evenly ahead with little emotion.

"I can't really blame you for being suspicious, Bayushi-san... but... *sigh* I swear on my honor that I am not planning any trickery or harm to your group. I simply do not wish to tell any of you of my personal affairs... yet."

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya looks offended. Suspicious? What do you mean? We were leaving, and I thought you'd gone directly ahead, so we all left to catch you up. But Vrishma said you'd gone a different way, so I came back to look for you.

17. - Top - End - #527

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will welcome back Masumi with a brief smile " Welcome, it is good to see you back from hunting, a whole boar what a catch. I thought we would be eating rabbits and small game you amaze me Masumi with your skill." Slight bow from Chion

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

Masya grimaces. Well come on, we've got to get going, we've got far to go.

19. - Top - End - #529

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will shoulder his naginata and pack and head off as rear guard for the group. Eyes alert to the wilderness. Should have taken my horse with me...he'll muse to himself.

20. - Top - End - #530

It's not much longer, and at about mid-day, you approach the foot of the mountain.

"We'll take a break and set up camp here," says Nobutada. "We want to be nice and refreshed for the trek up the mountain."

((I'll be heading for Wisconsin tomorrow. I should be able to get to a computer no problem to keep things moving along, but in case time passes w/o hearing from me, you know why))

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma has been quite silent for a while, and acknowledges Masumi with little more than a nod of acknowledgement and a polite, but absent-minded greeting. Now he puts his basket down, and looks around as he appraises the surrounding areas. So be it, I say: good man Nobutada, experience shows behind your years and we should listen. Yet we have traveled long today, we have, and we will need to refill our water-skins. Would you know if there is fresh water nearby, I would ask?

He motions Shimikawa to come near him and pats her as he looks at the surrounding forests. ((Any chance of small animals being visible anywhere nearby?))

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya sets out his bedroll, eats some trail rations, and sits down. He stares across the mountains, his eyes distant.

23. - Top - End - #533

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will sets out his bedroll, eats some trail rations, and then grabs his naginata and goes throug the slow routine he was working on in town with his footwork, he will progress through the motions going slower and slower until he is barely moving. Once he has worked up a good sweat, he will set down on his bedroll and drink some water.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma, while waiting, starts taking the blanket that he uses for sleeping out of the basket. He bows down to the cat and whispers something in its ear, and it slowly ambles towards the forest ((I release it for some hunting, if need be I'll have him cast speak with animals for that purpose)).

25. - Top - End - #535

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

Ikeira set out his bedroll the same as he did in the army out from the others as if he was an outsider to the group as allways he smokes deeply from his pipe. Food is simple, a rice cake.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

26. - Top - End - #536

"Indeed, Vanara, the same river you were bathing in earlier has it's origins in this area. There is a deep, clear pool of some fantastic water. A waterfall from further up the mountain feeds this pool, just as this pool has its own waterfall that feeds the river."

((And yes, there are squirrels, some foxes and other small animals scampering about. If Shimikawa intends to eat, she'll get her fill, heh. I forgot to mention that after I get back from Wisconsin, I'm going to Italy for six days and I won't be able to update. I'll be fully ready to continue on once I get back, I just ask for patience for an extra day or two beyond that as I get over the jet lag, hehe))

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma ambles to the riverside, and sits down, leisurely. He takes out a rice cake and takes a few bites, and then leaves a few crumbs for the small forest animals that he sees in the undergrowth. When a few come out, carefully, he starts chatting with them in his native tongue.

28. - Top - End - #538

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will watch the shamen communicate with the animals and smile for a brief time then return to vigil of watching the treeline for danger.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya gets up and starts to set up a rudimentary shelter with wood and his balnket.

30. - Top - End - #540

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will stop praticing and hunker down against the cold near the fire and be glad for the grizzley bear cloak wrapped around him. At the end of his two watch he will go to Masaya and awaken him for his watch so Chion may rest for 6 hours.