New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

((Hey, are we calling it a day already, or are we just resting before the hike up the mountain?))

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

(He said set up camp before we go into the mountains, so I assumed we were resting the night here.)

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ettin in the Playground

((Me too. Also, I am back from holiday chaos))
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

(Welcome back. Cyrus said he'd be away for a while, so I guess we just sit and wait for him to get back.)

5. - Top - End - #545
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

((Cool I hope everyone had good holiday))

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

((Hehe, it ain't over yet ))

Vrishma sits by the river, relaxing. Then, he takes out a scroll from within his robe, and begins to study it carefully, making short comments in Vanaran as he does. This goes on for a while. When he hears a noise that was probably just a bird, however, he puts the scroll back and rises. He eyes the surrounding forest warily, steps closer to a large tree, and has his right hand near the hilt of his weapon.

There doesn't seem to be anything this time, however, and he eventually relaxes a little. He still seems a bit apprehensive though, and he sits down, intoning a quiet prayer to his patron spirits, before switching to the familiar trance-inducing incantation.

((He will see what spirits there are in the vicinity))

7. - Top - End - #547
    Bugbear in the Playground

There really isn't anything of note. The one exception is a spirit hovering around the middle of the river about eighty feet upriver. If you walk towards her, you can tell that the river gets deeper around where she is hovering.

((I am in Wisoconsin right now, so I'll be able to update. It's when I leave for Italy that things will have to be put on hold. And yes, Nobutada called for a rest for the day. As long as Vrishma has things to do, if anyone else wants to have any interactions or along time for their character, by all means, post away.))

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

Once Masaya has set up his shelter, he'll lie down and nap.

(I'm afraid I'm going to be away for the next couple of days, so I won't be able to post much.)

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

When Vrishma shakes the trance off, he hums slightly with his head to the side, looking in the direction of the river. Then he ambles on towards where the spirit seemed to be, enjoying the sight of the river.

10. - Top - End - #550

When you make it to about where the spirit was, you see some plant material at the bottom of the river and what looks to be a body tangled within the plants.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma looks in the river where the spirit seems to dwell and literally yelps when he recognizes the contours of a body in the water. He looks rather apprehensive at first, but then (unless he spots a predator or another danger) takes down his equipment, takes off his clothes, and dives in to see it more closely.

- Swim check: he has a swim speed, so can take 10 and has a +8 bonus from the river domain, +2 from dexterity, let me know if I should roll.
    - Heal check: 15+8=23 tries determine more about the body.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ettin in the Playground

As Masaya naps, the scorpion may or may not notice he has company sitting outside of his shelter facing away from him.

"We need to talk."
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya opens one eye. Yes, Masumi-san?

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

"It's been too long since I was in the company of fellow... ahh... (she looks at the shaman, and his cat and fumbles momentarily to come up with a suitible response) "In the compnay of men, that is, and the unladylike boor that I am, I assumed you were taking your rest there instead of now, so I'm sorry I snapped at you. But...I imagine you may find me too secretive, correct?"

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya carries on looking up at the sky.
    One could ask why a Lion Samurai, and a lady at that, goes off into the wilderness for such a long time that she did not know about Kyo's army. And when she finds out that thousands of her clan are dead, one would expect her to go into mourning.
    He itches under his mask. When going off to hunt, one does not specifically say not to be followed, even though it seems suspicious. One asks if others wish to join, and if not for them to stay at camp so as not to spook the beasts.
    He shrugs. But a samurai does not doubt the word of another samurai, especially a lady. I'm sure there is a perfectly sensible reason for all this, and it is none of my business.
    He closes his eyes again.

16. - Top - End - #556

((Ah, Vrishma, make a spot check afore you go galavanting into the river :-P ))

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ettin in the Playground

"I can answer the first and second accusations; I owe you that at least, Bayushi-san. I haven't been affiliated with my --former-- clan for some time. Years. Though no fault of my own --And I mean that truthfully-- I was required to leave else give rise to a rather ugly little scandal. I can't say what that was but let me put it to you this way: There are things in this world that even a samurai, even a Lion like I once was, that cannot be easily come to terms with. My absence has been due to this; even still, I doubt I had anyone left in the clan to mourn or anyone in the clan who would mourn my own passing."

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, I thought as much. Masaya gives a lop-sided grin, his eyes still closed. Well, thankyou for trusting me, Masumi-san.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

((Oops...))

Spot: 19+4=23

20. - Top - End - #560

((Very good, hehe))

As you get closer, you notice that the underwater plants appear more like a seaweed/vine hybrid, and the tips of the plants end in cruel looking suckers that are attached to various parts of the body. Upon closer inspection you can tell where the body has been fed upon, and two vines even snake up the nostrils going into what is, conceivably, the brain. You notice to vines tentatively making their way towards you, although (right now) you aren't in any real danger.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

N.P.

(read the below post)
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-01-08 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Double-posted

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

[quote=The_Shaman;1774931]((0.0... EEEK! Man-sucking vines! Run for the hills!))

Vrishma looks at the seaweed and, to his horror, it seems to be more alive than normally - and, by the looks of it, predatory. He "blurps" something in the water, and swims a bit away from it, trying to get a look from a safer distance. His eyes narrow in a look that shows little love for the vine. I shall not suffer you to live, abomination, no I shall not! A skuler of you in the beard of Old Man River - this is intolerable, it is!

He scans the waters, looking for larger and stronger animals around. Me, I would have two questions. First, can he try to rebuke animals underwater, and, second, would a spell work if it's cast from the land at a creature underwater? He just rolled a 9+7=16 on his spellcraft roll, which should be enough for a basic thing.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya starts to snore, loudly.

24. - Top - End - #564

((Go ahead and cast the spell and find out :-P. Now that you look around, you don't notice much in the way of life anywhere near the vines, at least in the water ))

25. - Top - End - #565

((Another reminder I'll be away again, and this time I won't be anywhere near a computer until sometime next week (as in the 15th ish) so feel free to chat in character and ooc as you want to while I'm away. Thanks for the patience and I hope you're all enjoying yourselves :-D ))

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma looks around to see if there are any large fish that might help him get rid of the monstrosity, but sees none. For that matter, he doesn't see much signs of animal life anyway, and he is more than a little bothered. Although he does not know as much about the ways of the forest as some of his teachers do, he has more than a little suspicion the plant creature has something to do with the stillness of the waters. Curse you, I do, weed-thing! Yet I have little chance by myself, indeed I do. Help I must find to kill it, yeees, but it has killed the children of Old Man River here, and while the humans may be worthy warriors, the panther can not catch a thrush while it flies..

He goes out of the river, and ponders his next move for a while. Then, he squats on the beach, takes up his necklace, and puts it around his right hand. So be it, then, strangler. The waters themselves you filthen, and the waters themselves should cleanse you. He touches the water with it, and utters a phrase in the Spirit Tongue, calling for the aid of the spirits of water.

((Summon Nature's Ally III, calling 1d3=2 small water elementals, if possible in a flanking position. Blood-drain this, you strangling b...lovechild!))

27. - Top - End - #567

Call forth 2 small water elementals you do. Go ahead and make your attack action.

((Battle sadly, won't be decided today. It will have to wait until I get back, for this is my last transmission for a week or so, hehe. Have a good week everyone))

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

(( You know, I was wondering if I should make V CG or NG, and now I regret him being CG a little. Summons are fun, and the spontaneous summoner feat is really versatile. Oh well...))

29. - Top - End - #569

((I'm back, and V gets to attack first, so go ahead and attack. Italy was teh awesome ))

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ettin in the Playground

(Are the others withing hearing or visual range of any of this?)