Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 1588
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Vrishma has been busying himself with a short length of a calico thread that he purchased before he left, on which he attaches the jade piece he got from the recruitment. Having fashioned a durable loop, he tests its strength, then grins widely with satisfaction.

    Do not be afraid. She is with me, he says, to the short-lived surprise of his companions, and then gives a series of short hoots. In response, a large, majestic cougar calmly strolls out of the nearby bushes, and comes to him. Ah, here you are, Shimikawa. You look as if your hunt was successful again. Come here, girl, he says with friendship, then he puts the improvised collar over her head, tightening it. Now stay.

    The large cat sits on its haunches and yawns as the Vanara takes out his mace, holds the head with both hands, and begins a droning chant. It ends quickly, though, and he puts his weapon back in his pack as he addresses the panther again. ((Cast Speak with Animals)).

    Shimikawa, listen carefully. Do not attack any of the humans gathered here, even if they try to hunt you. Stay close to me, and protect any of those here unless they attack me. Also, if you smell an evil spirit or demon, come to me and tug my robe. You understand, right? Good. Did you see anything strange today? ((Anything from a grey goose to humans in ambush, the DM gets to have some fun there)).

    Vrishma listens to the cat's growls, then nods and whispers something to her. He continues to sit cross-legged and starts scratching her haunches a playfully, earning a tap to the rear. A quick stream of Vanaran swearwords follows, but then he grins again and begins to rub her more gently. Soon, the puma starts giving a strange, purr-like growl.

    I've been wondering my self... May it be that the creatures of the Dark Veil themselves maintain this... Taint, or spread it as they reside somewhere?
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Akira is deep in thought in front of the camp fire.

    "I've have heard, over the course of these past couple of days, that our destination is the Festering Pit of Fu Leng. I'm not sure what the Emperor hopes to accomplish there, but who am I to question Divinity? That, and I've noticed quite a large wagon that General Kyo and his retainers guard day and night. A tarp is drawn over top of it, so I have no idea what resides within. I tried to get close to find out, and I was quickly run off. Whatever it is, it's important. Nice cat, by the by."

    The puma tells you how delightfully blue it found the sky to be today, and that the rabbits it caught were succulently plump. It mentions that it saw glimpses of shadowy figures a few miles from here, but nothing was there once it went to investigate.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    As he is sitting, Vrishma starts rocking a little, left and right, left and right,

    Hmm, then its contains might prove quite useful in the adversity we are facing, yes they may.... Steel can not cut the dark mist, but the sun can melt it away - but if the sun appears too early, it will have to set when its light is most needed. And yet I wonder. The heavens have senth forth a mighty bull, and its horns are strong - but are his eyes keen, and ears sharp?
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    haunting your nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Ikeira


    Ikeira sits as always just at the edge of the campfire light smoking his pipe. " the spirit festers long after the body dies. It could be *that within the pit Fu Leng still resides spreading the taint slowly gaining ground day after day. we shall see when we reach our destination. I expect we will be attacked once we cross over into the tainted lands in so far that they would be able to encircle us. Much trouble ahead I am expecting."
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Mekumu

    Mekumu firsts unrolls his bedroll and gets something to eat. He returns to the fire with the others and quietly mumbles his mantra while the others talk. He listens intently however, as his mantra is practically second nature by now.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Vrishma yawns slightly, and reaches his hands out to the fire to warm himself. When he speaks, however, his voice is less than relaxed.

    Every little monkey brother fears the eagle, in my homelands we say, but the wise one looks out for its shadow. It is shadows I sense nearby, more than can be cast by the fires. Who leads the eyes and ears of this army?
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Miko speaks up.

    "Which army? *This one, or the forces of Shadow? *It's hard to say on either count. *General Kyo's words are a little to sweet for my liking, a little to cultured and courage inspiring, even for a samurai like him."

    Miko looks up sharply, and Taka stands up in a flash, his naginata glowing from the fires light. Your puma begins to growl deep in its throat.

    "What was that noise?" asks Akira, alert and on his feet as well, his hand at the hilt of his kitana.

    ((Listen checks please))

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ( http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=547786 : 1+4 = 5. Hate you invisible castle)

    Vrishma just moves his head, looking curiously:

    Think it was just the fire crackling, I do. Perhaps you are just jumping at the shadows, or...

    He doesn't quite finish the sentence, catching himself in mid-breath. Suspicious! Old Aki said - if it looks a bit like a lion, and smells a bit like a lion, it's probably not your ragged uncle. He rises, and reaches for the handle of his weapon, but has lost some time in doing so.
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Listen Check 6 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=548074

    Mekumu straightens at the sound of the puma growling, but relaxes upon hearing nothing.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ozzy_G's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Beyond the ken of mortals

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Masaya
    (listen 18+2=20.
    What does he hear?)

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    haunting your nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Ikeira


    Sitting on the twilights edge has its advantages and disadvantages at times

    Listen check 1d20=13

    in this case the advantage is to not be close enough to the fire that the fire can drown out sounds from the night....the disadvantage, one is now closer to whatever is closing in on you.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((Apologies for the lack of post-age. I've been out of town.))

    Masaya and Ikeira, you both hear the sounds of quickened breathing. Ikeira, you see a shadowy figure slowly pass by you, although you can't catch any of the figures features. Those by the campfire see a figure slowly coming into the fire light. It is a guard. A cruel looking arrow is sticking out of his chest.

    "Bak..bake....bakemono," he breathes before tumbling over, dead. Sounds of commotion can be heard from other camp fires around you, as well as some swords beginning to clash. An oni and five bakemono can be seen behind the guard. Ikeira, they don't see you as their backs are two you, but you can clearly make out the five small and one larger figure slowly advancing on those around the fire.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    haunting your nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Ikeira


    this is going to hurt me alot i think
    Ikeira casts elemental burst(earth) at the ground in front of the oni
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Mekumu notices the oni and the bakemono. He stands and prepares to enter the fray at the first sign of struggle from his camp companions. "I see the ancestors wish to test us. Fair well my companions." He assumes a crouching stance ever mumbling his mantra under his breath.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((How far exactly are they from us?))

    Vrishma bares his fangs, just as the panther does, and takes out his mace again. Down, Shimikawa, and may the Mother Bear grant us her strength! he whispers, then plunges the weapon into the earth. He then starts a loud chant, makes a few obscure gestures, then takes out a few hairs from his sash and clenches his fist around them. Only afterwards does he take his weapon up.

    ((Cast Bull's strength, shared with the animal companion. If we are using the 3.0 version, http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=553368 )
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    They are about twenty feet away from the people at the camp fire and about ten feet away from Ikeira. Taka keeps a defensive stance in front of Miko while Akira charges at the monsters and fells a bakemono.

    ((Initiative))

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ozzy_G's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Beyond the ken of mortals

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    (Init 15+5=20)
    Masaya charges the Oni, then whips out his Katana and chops at the Oni's neck in one swift movement (Iiajitsu Focus 1d20=12+6=23, giving +2d6 damage.
    Attack roll 17+7=24, damage roll 23 as he has FLick of the Wrist as well)

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((Initiative = 11))

    Vrishma will cast Prayer on his turn ((defensively if need be, concentration roll is 27 , )), instruct Shimikawa to guard him, and head towards the closest Bakemono if there isn't one next to him already. The cougar's statistics are as per base except for the bonus from Bull's Strength (if it is still near him). If there is one next to him...Well, no move action this turn.

    ((Ok, people, whoever has less than 11 initiative, gets themselves a free +1 to saves, attack, damage, and saves, the baddies get -1 to the same ;) Hmm, didn't think there'd be no save for the nerf ))
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    haunting your nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Ikeira

    initiative 1d20=10
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((Apologies, initiative and action for the turn))

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Mekumu will stay back until the tide of the battle turns. If his companions start to lose he will join the fray. If not he will stand back and let the balance maintain itself.
    Initiative Roll 16 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=554341

    How many of us are there?

    Are there any other camps nearby in which there is trouble...meaning where the people are outnumbered?

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    haunting your nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Ikeira

    (initiative was 10. not sure if elemntal burst went off before initiatives or after. if before next spell will be hail of stones, else elemental burst spell secret enlarged earth burst on the ground in front of the oni)
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((Er, everyone still around?))
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    haunting your nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    (( nope im squared ;D ))
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    I am

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((My fault, been sort of distracted.))

    Ikeira, your Elemental Burst goes off, dealing two damage to the Oni and the Bakemono surrounding the Oni. Akira is engaging a bakemono. Taka is guarding Miko who has just finished casting a spell. A fireball goes off, killing a few bakemono and damaging the oni.

    You can' tell from here if the other camps are outnumbered or not. You hear sounds of battle, but that's about it.

    Vrishma, you attacking a bakemono? If so, rolls please.

    ((I do hope everyone is still around))

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ozzy_G's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Beyond the ken of mortals

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    (Did I hit and damage the Oni?)

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    I will, but that's the next turn already: we may need to mention that somewhere.

    So far: 1st turn/surprise round: bull strength, draw weapon, handle animal
    2nd turn: prayer, get near a bakemono
    Now would be his 3rd turn; what he will do in it is the following: swing at bakemono : attack rating is 16 , if he hits the damage is 7. Oops... I haven't calculated the bonus from prayer; please add 1 to both rolls; they should actually be 17 and 8. Since he isn't the first on the initiative roster, if someone else kills the bakemono he will take a move action to get to the oni (and attack); if the way is blocked, he will go to another bakemono and attack. You can use the same rolls.

    Vrishma lets out a savage cry and swings at the bakemono with his mace, enraged both at the monster and at whoever lets fly the fireballs with such little regard for their party (some sparks have singed his fur).

    Edit: please, everyone remember: in the next 4 rounds (and the last one), you have +1 to skill checks, saves, attack and damage. I assume the animal companion will follow me and attack whomever I do (using pounce if appropriate), but with Vrishma's skill in handling animals, it may well attack whomever it chooses. Cyrus, you decide; Do you do the rolls for it or do I?
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((You dealt two points of damage to it, Ikeira))

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    haunting your nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((ummmm Ikeira did not ask that question. the player known as ozzy asked it.))
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •