New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

Vrishma

Vrishma looks at the items with interest, and then smells them quickly. There's something very odd about these, there is, he mutters, and continues to study them intensely.

((Spellcraft check to determine school of aura. Results: 25, 15, 15; would be 17 if he can take more time and take 10))

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

((Um, some uber heinous **** has gone on around the apartment over the past few days, at least it's come to a head over the past few days and I may need a couple of days to get a handle on things. I hope you can bear with me. I promise to post at the latest Friday or Saturday and again my sincerest apologies for holding things up))

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ettin in the Playground

((...No problem here, man. You just take care of yourself, ok?))
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

4. - Top - End - #754
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Dude take care of what you need to, we'll be here.

5. - Top - End - #755

((Whew, alright. Things happened a lot faster and came together a lot quicker than I thought they would. I should be good to go, hehe.))

So the bag has a moderate conjuration aura about it, and the headband has a faint evocation aura about it. If you look at the scrolls, the only reason they register as magical is because they are spells. ((But now I don't remember what ones, hehe. I'll have to take a look and possibly reroll them))

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

((Glad to hear it, I hope things are alright))

Vrishma

The shaman looks over the items for a while, occasionally humming, nodding, or chuckling as he does so. Eventually, he smiles. Well, so much certainty I have: these are magical, they are. The bag is strongly bound to the Spirits, I think, and the headband has the feel of power around it. Perhaps Ikeira could tell us more, I say, if time enough we have before we go.

7. - Top - End - #757

PirateGuy

Chion

"Good anything that makes us stronger before the darkness is a good thing indeed, let us return so Ikeira can examine them." Chion will head back toward the group a little spring to his step.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi watches from a few steps away from the others (still giving the shaman's cat a fair distance from her) before she follows silently...
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya looks up. So, what were you doing out there? Find anything?

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

((I would suggest that we don't bring the chest for the moment, it may be a bit heavy.))

Vrishma looks at Masaya with no little surprise. Masaya has also great intuition, he does. A great gift, it, is, though how he uses it can bring both light and dark to us.Indeed we have, Masaya-san. Would you and Ikeira come by for a moment? There is something we may have to discuss.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya stands up. Why, is something wrong?

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

No, not at all, he grins, and speaks just a little quietly. But we have found something most curious near the site of our battle, we have, and I am not quite able to discern what it is.

13. - Top - End - #763

((Sooo, you all sort of are running things right now with your actions, hehe. Whatcha all up to?))

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya walks towards the rest of them. What do you mean, what is it that you have found exactly?

15. - Top - End - #765

PirateGuy

Chion

"Masaya we have found these items left to us by the spirits. Vrishma says they are magical in nature." Chion will thump the end of naginata down beside him reach near the fire to grab some more pork.

((Heh, glad we could oblige you with a self running game for a bit Cyrus. Chion will try and retrieve the rest of the chest is he successfull ?))
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2007-02-25 at 08:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #766

((The chest is easily picked up and opened))

17. - Top - End - #767

PirateGuy

((Then Chion would be carrying it..)))

18. - Top - End - #768

((Alrighty, so you all see this very plain, unadorned chest carried by Chion))

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

((Is Androgial still with us btw?))

20. - Top - End - #770

PirateCaptain

(yup just waiting to be asked in person since Ikeira wasnt at the site of the chest when that discussion took place)
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

((But we came back to camp with it, didn't we?))

22. - Top - End - #772

PirateGuy

Chion

"Ikeira, Come on over here. Our spiritual guide has come accross some magical items for your perusal. We also need to split the bounty."[/COLOR] Chion will stare at the guide to gauge his reaction."Also Poq Gai...How long has sage been up oh loyal and trustworthy guide and why has he not fallen prey to this beast and its undead spawn Hmmmm..."
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2007-02-27 at 08:31 PM.

23. - Top - End - #773

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

" unfortunately i have already prepared for combat and cannot rememorize for at least 8 hours. It would be better to wait until tomorrow morning when i can change my spells out and fathom their nature. And i can answer that question chion. Sages and wujen alike need some solitude for studies, the more powerful one becomes the longer the studies take. Sage genki could be untrouble in his seclusion and studies and never have to come this way at all."

24. - Top - End - #774

Nobutada, still troubled, speaks.

"That monster is new, I swear it. Genki has been up in these mountains for many, many years. I just don't see Genki the Sagacious, the man who saved the Empire from plague, as breeding something as monstrous as that...thing. It seems like a Shadowlands creature to me. I just don't know how something that large got up here without me at least noticing anything."

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

That's what I wondered. How did it get here, all the way from the Shadowlands. Although you can't see much of his face under his mask, you see Masaya's mouth twist in worry. I did say it could be someone local using Maho, but as you said, it is very large and powerful. I'm no expert on blood magic, but I would have thought you'd have to be extremely powerful in the evil arts to create something like that. And if they're so powerful, yet local, why do they live in out of the way mountains? Anyone that powerful would live somewhere better. I'd think a traitorous Shugenja, but they'd live in a noble's castle.
    He paces back and forth worriedly. This thing is dangerous, and must be investigated, yet I still believe our mission is more important. And such things should be left to the Witch Hunters. I know little of Maho and the ways of the Shadow, only what I've been taught in order to protect our lands from it. I doubt any of you know more. The Lion and Unicorn lands are much further from the Shadowlands, and Vrishma comes from the isolated mountains. I'm guessing none of you have fought marauding Oni all your life.
    Masaya turns to Ikiera. You have said little of your past, and I know not where in the Empire you are from. Do you know much of Maho? If not, I think it would be best if we left this and carried on towards Genki. On our way back we can alert the Witch Hunters.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

I see you are worried about these Maho-magicians, I do, Vrishma nods to Masaya, yet there are others, there are, who to such a creature life could give. To each, their own worries, I say - yet while my folk knows not these bloodmages, our heroes have faced many a monster, they have. Either way, it is worrysome, it is; as dark spirits can call to dark men, dark men can awaken dark spirits. Yet we have little time for that now, we do. Would any of you have some thread?

27. - Top - End - #777

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

i know enough to know that if this was maho no one could stop him or her except the celestial beuracracy. more likely to have been a demonist which also would have accounted for the villiages disappearances. as to my past i made a choice to hold a personal oath over my clan leaders orders and was disowned for it. i chose to follow the path of the wujen instead of my clans order to become a samurai. that is enough to know."

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya waves his hands. Sorry, I wasn't trying to be nosy and ask about your past, I just wanted to know what experience you had with the Shadow. But anyway, as the expert on Magic here, if you say that whoever did this would be too powerful for us, then we shall leave it. I propose that we carry on towards the mountains to find Genki, and don't investigate. If we died and couldn't bring the cure back... he shakes his head. The consequences could be dire.

29. - Top - End - #779

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will level his steely gaze towards Masaya "The cure for what ..."

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi, quiet for the most part but listening to every word says also turns slowly to Bayushi after Chion's inquiry, however her look reflects one who is expecting a punchline of some sort...

"Yes, -what- cure, pray tell, would you be seeking, Bayushi-san? You seem healthy enough, but is this for others?"

(OOC Do we still want Masumi to have heard what was said WAAAAAYY long ago? I know we let it slide and we did but I wanted to make for sure you were cool with it...)