New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 217181920212223242526272829303132333435363752 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

((I'm cool w/ it if the others are))

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, didn't I mention that? I'm sure I did. Masaya does not seem shaken at all. I'm pretty sure I told Masumi-san at least. His mouth droops into a grim frown. It is a sad tale. Some people have been afflicted with a dire curse, many heimin and several important lords. So my father, Lord Bayushi, sent me to find Genki, to find a cure.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma takes a sideways look at Masaya, Indeed? A most distressing tale, that is.

4. - Top - End - #784

((Bump-ness))

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

(What time is it at the moment? Did we rest, or where we interrupted? I forget.)

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ettin in the Playground

"Sad tale, indeed..."

Masumi makes a clicking sound with her tongue for a moment, looking over the others as she then impassively makes some suggestions.

"In anycase, the surest path then would be to find this sage of yours but we've hardly gained any ground lately... I say we move on and sort these baubles and rewards out at a later time. However... I'm not entirely happy to leave an unmasked foe lurking around here. If it leaves us alone as we search, fine, but if this lurker sends another monster after us I say we put a stop to it else it'd slow us down further."
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

7. - Top - End - #787
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

" If I may suggest, I believe we should move on to genki and present the matter for him to research and while he is researching we could come back and investigate."
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

8. - Top - End - #788

((This is still during the afternoon/evening of the day you were all resting before the hike up the mountain. We'll say its about dusk now))

Nobutada speaks up.

"Um, noble sirs? I would like to make an observation, if it isn't too bold of me to do so. That....thing has been in this area for awhile before you all arrived. I think you all just managed to stumble across it, rather than it being here waiting for you. But what do I know? I'm but a humble guide."

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh I agree, but I'm wandering whether there might be others in the area. Masaya rubs the skin under his mask. What do you all think, should we camp here tonight? Is it safe? Or should we carry on and camp somewhere else?

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi

"I'll go and sweep the general area ahead of us to make sure nothing would disturb us, Bayushi-san."

The ronin-ko shrugs as she starts off ahead up the mountain, looking back with a keen look in her eyes.

"I shall be swift about it, and should there be any obstacles you'll know. ...That is, of course, presuming I can't take care of it myself."
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

11. - Top - End - #791

PirateGuy

Chion

"We should camp here and then proceed as quickly as we can. There's no good reason to go off in the nighttime and suffer some misfortune. Masumi, good luck and safe journies." Chion will stand watch until his watch in four hours and then he will awaken Masaya.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya nods, and snuggles up in his bedroll.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ettin in the Playground

(Wait, wait, I'm confused, Rap. You're saying we shouldn't move further ahead and then you tell masumi to go out scouting?)

14. - Top - End - #794

Masumi, you don't really find much in your scouting, aside from something I'm gonna send you via pm. Chion, your shift goes along fine.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

((So, can I re-prepare my spells? I thought we had already rested and levelled up.))

Vrishma lies down on his back for a while, looking at the clouds. Then, he turns to Chion. Chion, I fear we may take a while to find Genki, I do. Yet no reason we have to disregard this riddle, indeed we do not. More your father find out, indeed he may, and to a good end put this matter. Could you in brief the tale of the creature and this missing village describe, I ask? There are couriers enough, there are, if one knows where to look and how to ask - but only so much they can carry.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-03-04 at 07:04 PM.

16. - Top - End - #796

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    (Wait, wait, I'm confused, Rap. You're saying we shouldn't move further ahead and then you tell masumi to go out scouting?)
    ((Yes Masumi should scout the land so we can know if there other hostiles. She said she wasn't going for a long so Chion agreed to her request. We need to rest up for the spellcasers and since you are good at scouting have a look around.))

17. - Top - End - #797

((The level up will technically happen between now and the morning, but I really don't plan on anything happening between now and then. So yes, you can prepare spells. Masaya's shift will also go by without a hitch))

About ten minutes after Masumi leaves to scout, snow begins to fall steadily.
    Last edited by Cyrus112; 2007-03-05 at 01:34 PM.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground

((Do we have enough wood for a good fire?))

Vrishma shudders slightly, and wraps the cloak he wears around himself snugly. He calls to Shimikawa to come and sit by him so that the two can keep each other warm. If his traveler's outfit does not offer enough protection, he will try to think of something else.

19. - Top - End - #799

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will snuggle down in grizzly fur wihich is worth more than the gold he shelled out for it right now. After he rises in 6-8 hours, he will do his morning katas with the naginata and head over for breakfast, more roast pork which was cooked over a fire and the coals should still be warm.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground

((Did Chion answer the question, btw?))

21. - Top - End - #801

PirateGuy

((Sorry I didn't see a question in your yodaesqe ramblings.))

Chion will smile and answer the Shamen. "Of course I plan to inform my father of all of all that occurs within his boundaries Vrishma. Especially anything which could be dangerous." Chion hand will linger over his wound and withdraw his hand showing a little blood from the minor wound the creature dealt him.

22. - Top - End - #802

There is indeed enough wood for a nice, toasty fire.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ettin in the Playground

About an hour after she leaves, and in about half the time it took for snow to start covering the ground, Masumi reappears, looking a bit disheveled and a little dirty, notably picking twigs out of her re-applied plaits and trying not to appear cold.

Thus, it takes a few moments of warmth by the fire before she manages to speak or say anything.

"We have shaggy neighbors higher up on the mountain, though I know not if they mean any harm unless provoked."

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground

Welcome back, I'm afraid everyone else is asleep. Masaya is sitting huddled in his blankets. Shaggy neighbours? Do you mean Yetis? I have heard they are fearsome and aggressive beasts, but we do not have any living in Scorpion lands, so I guess you'd know more than I. Are they directly in our path?

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ettin in the Playground

"Is that what they're called? I have never run into them before..." Masumi calls back before huddling closer to the fire, in thought.

"In any case, I followed a trail away from where we are to find their own hideout. Higher up the mountain, yes, but unless your sage Genki has a habit of living in caves, I feel they would only attack if provoked."

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, good. Hopefully we will avoid them, but nevertheless we should tell the others in the morning, just in case. You can sleep now, I'm taking watch.

(Masaya will wait another 3 hours aprroximately, and if nothing happens, he'll wake up Chion and then go to sleep)
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-03-06 at 07:26 PM.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

The Vanara sighs, and taps Chion's shoulder as the young samurai turns. I mean can you write something to him tonight, I did. We do not need to wait until we're through, I think.

((He'll heal you afterwards, how big of a wound is it?))

28. - Top - End - #808

PirateGuy

Chion

"Oh yes of course but I don't have any parchment or quill with me." Chion will gaze downward for a bit and then look at Vrishma again. Chion will pull up his red vest and white shirt to show his bruised ribs discolored from the where the tentacle him, if not for his perfectly timed exhalation of breath the damage could have worse.

29. - Top - End - #809

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

having been passing by back to his tent Ikeira rummages for a second and hands chion parchment quill and inkpot

once in his tent anc secure he checks the strange tattoos configuration before going to sleep he will check them again in the morning before studying
    Last edited by androgial; 2007-03-06 at 10:26 PM.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

30. - Top - End - #810

((I was wondering when someone was going to check their tattoo, hehe.))

Ikeira, you notice that the tattoo has spread up the arm somewhat. Not much, but there is definite signs of growth.

((Think of it traveling up the arm in a tribal type pattern))