New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

Masaya grimaces. I guess one of us will have to take that note back then.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi

"...Is that so paramount that we must send one of us--Wait, why not send the cat? I'm sure that would go over well."
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2007-03-10 at 09:36 PM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya grins. Yes, I'm sure the magistrate would be delighted to meet a giant panther.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

The shaman grins widely and cackles A good idea in principle, as the hare told the lion. Alas, Masumi, my dear friend somewhat lacks in courtly manners, she does. Hard she would be pressed to obtain an audience, I think, and the lord will little appreciate finding her in his bedroom even if she could get in. Another courier, I say, may be more appropriate. Now we shall have to find one, we shall, and hope it can find a way to carry the letter. That said, he looks at the crowns of the trees around him, still smiling, trying to find something in their branches.

((A largish tiny-size bird such as a hawk, to be exact. Rapscallion, approximately how big is the parchment?))
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-03-11 at 06:17 AM.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya looks puzzled. What are you looking for? Is this some mystical shaman thing?

6. - Top - End - #846
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

((Not very big for a letter. I would have used a fairly small piece so call it 81/2X11 inches.))

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ogre in the Playground

((Basically sounds like standard A4 size... I wonder if it's going to work. ))

Vrishma nods, still looking. He doesn't face Masaya, although it's obvious he's speaking to him. The greatest of shamans, I was taught, serve the High ones, spirits that rule all their world. Yet few have ever won such favor, they have, and the rest dedicate themselves only to a few chosen Spirit-lords. Still, sometimes they can make pleas to each other on our behalf, and the need seems to be true, indeed it does. For a message that needs to fly fast, a winged messenger is most appropriate, I think.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Bugbear in the Playground

You all hear a birds call and a hawk settles on a limb close to Vrishma and blinks a few times, staring at Vrishma.

((Sorry for not addressing things sooner. It's spring break and I'm visiting the parents here in Wisconsin and I didn't have any time over the weekend to access the PC. I should be good to go one or two times a day now, though))

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma is settled on the ground and blinks back. He looks at the hawk appraisingly, then his eyes flash back to the sheet and then back to the bird. I wonder, I do... he mutters quietly.

((Is the message covering the entire parchment or just a part of it? I don't know if the bird could carry all of it.))

10. - Top - End - #850

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will watch the shamen and the bird while doing weapon katas with the naginata spinning and twirling from hand to hand. His red jacket and pants and offset white shirt look darker with the whirling of the weapon around his body. His ponytail will shift the movement of the rosewood hafted weapon. Chion does not seem to practice with any other weapon at this time, just the naginata is used.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya just sits and watches, curious.

12. - Top - End - #852

((Oh, the message covers most of the paper.))

The hawk looks directly at Vrishma and clicks its beak in an impatient manner.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi just watches impassively after she gets her hair braided again, wishing to be off and dispense with camp as soon as possible.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

14. - Top - End - #854

PirateGuy

((OOC: Put the bunny in the box...errr give the bird the message. I would have used a formal script so yes most of the page.))

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ogre in the Playground

((No way to know until you try, I guess)).

Vrishma folds the note carefully and ties it with a thread he puts out from his pouch, then looks at the fire for any small bits of meat from their - or Shimikawa's - supper. You stay here, you do he tells the hawk with a smile.

((If he finds some meat))

He puts a small bit of meat on the ground, raises his weapon above his head, and whistles several times, looking at the bird. ((Casts Animal Messenger)).

16. - Top - End - #856

The bird flies over to you and begins to eat the meat while holding out one of its legs.

17. - Top - End - #857

((It is standing on the ground))

18. - Top - End - #858

((Gotta make this bump message at least 10 characters long. I think I got it, heh))

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya is still watching the bird's antics.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma puts the message in the bird's talon, then begins to imagine the way back as he looks into its eyes, knowing that the spell will translate the images. He makes an extra effort to impress the magistrate's house in her mind, then nods.

(Sorry, I've got a big paper due next week and have been a bit busy)
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-03-16 at 11:37 AM.

21. - Top - End - #861

((Perfectly understandable.))

The hawk clicks its beak and makes its way towards town.

22. - Top - End - #862

PirateCaptain

(dont forget Ikeiras identify of the magic items and possibly his tattoo)
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Well, that is that, I way, Vrishma says, standing up after the hawk flies away. He heaves the wicker basket on his back and picks up his weapon. By sundown at latest your father should have the message, Chion, indeed he should. Yet let us hope our fears are not justified, I say.

24. - Top - End - #864

((Right, the items. The bag is a type one bag of holding, the golden circlet is a minor circlet of blasting...wasn't there a third thing? I don't remember. The tattoo, while it glows a sickly black, doesn't register as anything you've seen before. In fact, concentrating on it for too long results in nausea, and, if you continue, eventually a nice, healthy dose of throwing up. But you throw up a black goo that tastes like a mixture of tar and the horrid stenches that resided in the Festering Pit of Fu Leng))

25. - Top - End - #865

PirateGuy

((The other thing were scrolls, well looks like Chion will wit until we find the vorpal naginata in another treasure chest. You guys can claim whatever you want. Chion isn't interested,))

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya listens to Ikiera explain the properties of the items. I have no ability to attack at a distance, if this circlet allows the wearer to do so, perhaps I should have it? But it is your choice Ikiera.

27. - Top - End - #867

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

(masaya may havee to wait for a little bit before that statement is made)

ikeira casts some spell and touches each item only removing his touch after a bit and a nod. throught this his eyes are distant and words barely audible yet unintelligible tumble from his mouth.( coaxing the elements to reveal their make up in the items) then he does in fact do the same on his tattoo though the deeper his eyes appear to sink in the greener his face becomes until he does throw up, away from the items he was working on but he does get violently sick for a few moments. cleaning up and washing the after taste out he then turn to the group naming the items.(i think the circlet is fighter only type of user item) He nods as masaya claims the circlet and tosses it to him.(hopefully this also cleared his nausea this morning so he can eat) hands the scrolls to vrishma(i believe they should have been useable by vrishma other wise this would be unfair for Ikeira to do) and reaches into the bag to find out if anything else is inside it and if not he starts putting alot of the items in his pack into the bag which he then puts in his pack reducing his carrying weight(should speed the party up some since he was slowed by the amount of weight he was carrying)
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

Thankyou, nods Masaya, and puts the circlet on his head. He twists the strings of his mask around to keep the circlet on.

29. - Top - End - #869

((Ah, scrolls. Right. I forgot what I rolled up, so I'll be doin a reroll, hehe. Hrm, were there four scrolls? Oh well, if there weren't before, there are now, hehe))

((First one....*whistle* Level 7 arcane spell (Usable by a sorcerer or Wu Jen) Limited Wish))
    ((Second one...Arcane (Sorcerer or Wu Jen) Level 2 Protection from Charm))
    ((Third One... Divine (Shaman or Sohei) Locate Object
    ((Fourth One...guess the Wizards dice roll favor the Wu Jen Today...arcane Level 7 Teleport Without Error))

30. - Top - End - #870

PirateGuy

Chion

"Looks good Masaya. Now can we get going ?" Chion will spin the naginata with one hand and rest it across both shoulders.