Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1588
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((I meant Ozzy. Sorry bout that))

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ozzy_G's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Beyond the ken of mortals

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    (Out of 23 damage I did 2 to it? :o This things hard!)
    Masaya sees that his last strike did little damage to it, but he needs to distract the Oni from his comrades. He ducks, and for a second both you and the Oni cannot see him. Then his sword plunges at the Oni as if he has stepped out of thin air, now behind the Oni. How did he get around without you or the Oni seeing him?
    (Attack roll 16+9=23 against flat-footed Oni, or 21 if he has blindsight or something, 14 damage, or 9 if he has blindsight or something.)

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    The battle seems to be going well on our end, how about everyone else. Mekumu seeing that the battle at his camp is gong well looks around to see how others are fairing.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((I meant 12, hehe. go ahead and roll for your animal, Vrishma. The elemental burst did two.))

    Two of the bakemono are dead. The oni looks a little damaged. He took the full amount of damage from Masaya's second attack. Vrishma, you kill another of the bakemono, leaving two left and an Oni.

    The oni attacks Akira with his claws. Akira stumbles back as one of the claws connects. He comes back and misses. A ray of fire comes from Miko and hits the Oni square in the chest. He's looking beat up, but he's still standing. Taka fells a bakemono that was closing in to attack Miko.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((At the moment, I presume that there is no clear line of attack towards the oni. If there is, Vrishma and Shimikawa head towards it with the same tactics as described below))

    Vrishma's mace hits the side of the bakemono's head, and he feels the bones shattering underneath the impact. The bakemono gives out a muffled cry and falls to the ground, dying, as the Vanara howls with triumph and battle-fury. In the next moment, however, his eyes focus on the bakemono standing on the way to the oni that seem to want to attack his compatriots as they battle the monster. Vrishma lets out an aggressive snort, and rushes towards the nearest bakemono, gripping his mace firmly. ((Move action: get near the bakemono that is on the way to the oni or threatens any squares along the way. If there isn't one, he rushes towards the oni)).

    On the way, however, he is overtaken by a graceful feline form: in the heat of battle, Shimikawa growls with bloodlust and leaps towards the bakemono as Vrishma nears it. The power of the large cat, amplified by the shaman's magic, would be awe-inspiring if any of the onlookers had the time to appraise the situation calmly. As it is, they only see the cougar hit its prey with a powerful "thud", and unleash a whirlwind of teeth, claw and blood.

    ((Okay, so Shimikawa charges and uses its pounce ability - making a full attack - and will automatically attempt a grapple if it succeeds on its bite attack.

    The bite attack (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=561344) has an attack rating of 24 (ok, forgot +2 from charging, but that should hit anyway) and deals 8 damage , and the claw attacks are at ratings of 17 and 14, dealing 6 and 5 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=561353), respectively. If shimikawa attacks the oni, add a further +2 to attacks if it flanks with Masaya or Akira.))

    Edit: additional changes:
    - Vrishma wields his mace with two hands now (after killing Bakemono #3)
    - until its next turn, Shimikawa gets a -2 penalty to its AC because of the charge, reducing it to 13.
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    haunting your nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Ikeira


    Instead of casting another spell, since most of the little creatures are down, raises his crossbow to fire at the oni.

    (ranged attack +2 if within 30 feet point blank bonus +2 precise shot negates penalty from firing into melee)

    1d20+4=19 or 17 if not within 30 feet to hit
    1d8=5 for damage
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((OOC:Not to sound repetitive, but are the other camps around us doing just as well. If not Mekumu will go and help them. His companions seem to have it well in hand.))

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((You can't really tell, but things seem pretty well taken care of. Just waitin on ozzy))

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ozzy_G's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Beyond the ken of mortals

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Once again, Masaya seems to vanish into the darkness, before his blade shoots out at the Oni again.
    (16+9=23 against flat-footed, 12 damage)

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((Ok... next?))
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    The last bakemono falls, shortly followed by the oni, felled finally by Masaya. The sounds of battle have pretty much stopped everywhere else, and a recognizable voice can be heard towards the center of the encampment. You recognize the voice as that of General Kyo, although you can't quite make out what he is saying, although cheers go up loud and often.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    haunting your nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Ikeira


    Ikeira rolls out his sleeping mat and goes to sleep now that the talking is done. He is sure he will be awakened if anything else happens but for now its time to sleep.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ozzy_G's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Beyond the ken of mortals

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Masaya looks around to see whether anyone is injured.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Vrishma gives a wide smile to no one in particular as the battle is won, and scratches Shimikawa behind the ears as he whispers something to her. The cougar goes near the campfire and, with a yawn, sits down. In the meantime, Vrishma goes towards Akira, and beckons to him to come nearer.

    The spirits of battle whisper to me of you, Dragon-warrior. You have fought well, much promise you have shown them, and they are pleased with your prowess. Yet as they approve of your bravery, they warn you not to be reckless. Three Broken Blades says that if you continue upon this path, you may need a sword to guard as well. Sit down, and let me minister to your wounds.

    ((Casts spontaneous cure serious wounds in place of a 3rd level spell "invisibility to enemies." Cures 18 points of damage; if it's not enough he will cast another - just let me know.))

    He then goes towards the noise, interested in what the human general is so excited about.

    ((He will listen to what is being said for a while, then go to sleep. I will prepare the spells for tomorrow shortly.))
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Akira looks slightly injured, but Vrishma is tending to those wounds, aside from that, Taka looks scratched, but Miko is tending to those.

    Those who approach the center of camp can hear Kyo, and he is holding a large oni head in his hand.

    "This is the best that the Shadowlands can send at us? Bakemono and some Oni? We have proven our mettle, my comrades, and this is a sure sign of our victory. They can't stop us! We will win!"

    Cheers go up around the camp again. He gives a few more rousing words and then bades the camp to go to bed.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ozzy_G's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Beyond the ken of mortals

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Masaya sneers when he hears the general's words, but he says nothing, and goes back to sit by his sleeping mat, meditating.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Vrishma

    Vrishma hears a little of what the general is shouting, then decides not to stick until the end. He goes back to the campfire, mumbling softly under his breath in his native tongue.

    This human general seems like the wind - full of more bluster than strength, he is. I hope he knows what he is doing... or I may have to leave this army before it is too late. You can't teach a tiger to fly, try as you might. Hmm, I wonder what they guard so carefully... I suppose I should find out, but I am tired tonight.

    He takes a large cloak out of his backet, and sets it on the ground, close to the fire, like a mat (alternatively, if the army is well supplied and mats have been provided, he will use it as a cover. Shimikawa still looks a little restless, so he instructs it to guard around - and when tired, sleep close by (Speak with Animals)
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((Gleeman, I'm assuming you are going to sleep as well. *If you wanted to do something first, we can always address that quickly))

    ((Apologies for this "cutscene," so to speak))

    Weeks pass, more people join the army, and you all find yourselves on the border to the Shadowlands. *That night, General Kyo reveals to the army what has been so secretively stored within the cart. *It is a massive "ball" of jade, shimmering brightly. *

    "We march to the Festering Pit of Fu Leng, my brethren," announces General Kyo in his carrying tones.

    "This will go into the fountain, and will cure the taint at its source. *There are no monsters at the border to the Shadowlands! *They are running scared. *Let us march to victory!"

    With renewed confidence and resolve after a moving speech by General Kyo, the army begins its march into the tainted Shadowlands.

    Chaos. *Confusion. *Carnage. *Battle has erupted very close to the Festering Pit of Fu Leng, after a long march without any resistance. *Projectiles are raining down from the sky and colliding with the ground in tremendous explosions. *Some in the army have given way to the Taint as they turn on their comrades. *Your small group has managed to stick together, and it has fallen upon your group to take the device of cleansing to the center of the Festering Pit. *You've found out that a humongous orb of Jade, reinforced with potent, high level healing spells, will be put over the fountain at the center of the Pit, and will act as a filter of sorts. *Your group of eight finds themselves in a trench leading up to the Pit. *An explosion goes off to your right and the wall gives way. *Hordes of bakemono and oni pour through the opening, closing in on your position. *General Kyo is with you. *With a thunderous shout, the general charges into the throng, his katana shimmering in the moon light. *Taka and Akira put down the push cart the orb is in to go assisst the general. *

    A shout from Miko.

    "You four, get that thing to the pit. *We'll hold this horde off for as long as we can. *Just go. *Go!"\

    ((Actions? As an aside, the cart requires the work of two to be pushed))

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ozzy_G's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Beyond the ken of mortals

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Masaya pushes against the cart.
    Whichever one of you is strongest help push, two pull, and Ikiera blast anything that gets near us! Work, you heimin!

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    haunting your nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Ikeira

    Ikeira does something totaly unexpected......he casts obscuring mists and then helps pull the cart to its destination. all the while he is smoking on his pipe.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Vrishma

    The Vanara hisses slightly under his breath, then puts a hand inside his large sash. Don't get yourself killed in this unclean place, humans; do not, or your soul's rest tainted shall be. You, stay close, you should. he says to the others, and gives the cougar a command to follow him. He takes out a handful of salt and sprays it over and around himself, droning a slow, moaning chant as he does so. With the same chant still going, he nears the cart and begins to push.

    ((Cast magic circle against evil, protective version.
    Pushes the cart with a strength of 14))
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((Er... bump? Where is everyone?))
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((waitin to see what Gleeman will do. We can always move on for now))

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((Ah, ok... he hasn't mentioned that he's leaving or something, but if you decide to go on I'm game))
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((I will post the next part and then PM Gleeman.))

    Most of you pick up the cart and get it moving along the narrow trench you are in. Sounds of battle begin to fade behind you as you move on, but you can all still sense movement around you as you move on. Four bakemono jump into the ravine in front of you, growling and wielding cruel looking blades.

    ((Initiatives and actions))

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    haunting your nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    Ikeira


    Ikeira suddenly bursts into action and casts an ice knife spell at the bakemono in the middle of the pack.

    (initiative +0, sudden action feat, target of the spell hopefully has one or more bakemono within the spread damage range of the ice knife)
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((Are we in the Shadowlands? As in, do we need to make checks to cast and the like (I don't know if a jade piece helps for this, I admit...) ?))

    Ikeira!the Vanara hisses,The barrier should keep these creatures at bay. Don't push your luck too far.

    Initiative roll: 7
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((The jade does indeed help. (IF the rules state otherwise, which I'm pretty sure they don't, DM house rule, so they do :P))

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    ((OOC: Does the barrier effect of the MC ag. Evil apply to spirits like the bakemono?))
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

    While the bakemono eye the giant glowing ball warily, it seems to have no effect as they advance.

    ((What are gleeman and Masaya doing?))

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •