New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1588
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

Vrishma

Vrishma nods and steps down from the horse. He looks at one of the guards for a moment, then relaxes and addresses him calmly in their own sing-song tongue. We come in peace, Agni - is that you, I ask? I am Vrishma, I am, and the humans my friends are. To the Kaiahata lands we must travel, indeed we must, and here safe rest I thought to find. What has happened, I ask? Quite alarmed, you seem.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-10-10 at 11:38 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Bugbear in the Playground

((I believe the people who run this lovely forum want us to keep strings to 50 pages or less, so once we reach the 50 page mark, I'm going to start a part 2 string.))

"Vrishma, how have you been?" exclaims the one. "What brings you back to your homelands so soon after leaving? Perhaps that it is good that you have returned. The sacred grove located in your tribe's lands has become...off. People have disappeared, and Shadowlands creatures are glimpsed sometimes going into a cave, and they never come out. Any scout or force that has been sent in has also been lost."

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Chion

"Yes ! ...., I mean how unfortunate. We should go there with all haste to battle the shadowland infection in your land Vrishma."
    Chion will sit easily in the saddle and smile at the shaman.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi

The werewolf glances at Chion with a sour look; though this may also be due to the fact she's once again in the saddle and looking somewhat pensive about that to begin with.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

5. - Top - End - #1445

((I will be gone for the weekend. So just post a few things if you want, and I will address actions Sunday night/sometime Monday. Have a good weekend all.))

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya just waits, watching the Vanaras' conversation with interest.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

The shaman's wary calmness (or what passes for wary calmness in his case) nearly evaporates that the sentry's words, and he stares at his kinsman with wide-open eyes. By Hanuman's tail, the sacred grove, you say? And the spirits have not even called me, indeed they haven't?
    Are they seeing no need...No, I think. Either a dire test, this is, or vile forces weaken them so their call does not reach me! Horrible!
    How...when...Indeed most distressing, this is! I apologize, Agni, but I must make haste, I must. Is the way to the village safe, I ask?
    he says. While he seems to have regained some composure with the last sentence, his speech sounds hurried and alarmed.

((Did the sentry reply in Common, or in Vanara?))

8. - Top - End - #1448

((The conversation is taking place in Vanaran. If you'll recall, Genki spoke of the Shakoki Dogu already, so you have some idea of what's going on already. If you need a refresher, I'd be happy to do so))

"The way is clear, Vrishma. May the spirits bring you luck." The vanaran guards bow and let you all pass.

9. - Top - End - #1449

PirateGuy

((Strike what Chion said then, he will look on if the conversation is in Varayan.))

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

The shaman nods to the two guards, May the spirits bless and protect you, I pray. Be alert, I say - a while back, several of the smaller bakemono and an oni tried to ambush us. Like chill wind in the spring, they come unexpected. he says, thoughtfully, as he climbs back in the saddle.

((Presuming the guards don't ask him for more details))

Vrishma taps his horse's haunches to get him to move. He starts mumbling something in Vanaran as he goes, nodding to himself.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

So, Vrishma-san, asks Masaya as he follows Vrishma, what was that about?

12. - Top - End - #1452

PirateGuy

Chion

The unicorn clansman will urge his horse forward at the end of the line of that is the party.

13. - Top - End - #1453

((Anymore char interaction, or shall I move things along?))

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

(I want to find out what Vrishma learned from his conversation, but as long as he tells us in Rokugani what they said in Vanaran, I'm happy to move on.)

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

(Masumi is rather quiet at this juncture after having been in wolf form in front of her allies for the first time... It's left her somewhat sullen)
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

16. - Top - End - #1456

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

Ikeira continues to be ikeira, though he is getting more and more sluggish in the mornings as if he wasnt getting enough rest. this of course is only an apparent situation as he has no troubles with activities during the day, though he does seem more irritated when woken up. on top of that he starts scratching random spots, except for the tattooed arm.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

The vanara looks on for a moment before catching up with his name. Wha? Oh, Masaya, it is you, I say. I fear some trouble I may have, I do. Darkness has befallen a holy site near my tribe's lands, indeed it has, and monsters roam there. A shame for both my kin and the spirits, it is... You do not begrudge me a little stay there, I hope. Having said that, he turns backwards and looks around the road for a minute as the horse goes on.

((Are we still on the way which Shimikawa can follow? I think V told her that we'd be going in a certain direction.))

18. - Top - End - #1458

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will ride up happily clutching the naginata and looking at ease in the saddle.

"Vrishma, remember we were told the taint has gotten stronger. I think this is not a side task but our destiny to cleanse the taint as we come across it. We were chosen to do this. Lead on good shaman to this shrine that will be clean again.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground

Is the shrine the same one we are going to, or a different one? asks Masaya.

20. - Top - End - #1460

((Shimikawa is indeed with you))

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma cheers up a little at Chion's reassuring words, and seems to have regained his composure. Thank you for the warm words, I do. Masaya, that... Shiro Heiichi, was it, how the sage called it? It is not in our lands, indeed it isn't. Another tribe has put its homes in that land, it has, but mine is on the way. We are close, we are, and waiting may be worthwhile - a hearth is warmer than a stone, and a calm sleep more restful than nightly vigil. Having said that, he looks at Shimikawa with a slight frown.
    Spoiler
    Show
    What do I do with you, Shimikawa, I ask? No homewife will like you sniffing around her children or foraging in her cellar, dear friend.
    he says in Vanaran.

22. - Top - End - #1462

((Ah, hmm. A misunderstanding perhaps on my part? What you are heading towards is indeed Shiro Heichi. That's the name of the place. The name of the things are the Shakoki Dogu. Of course, reports are muddled and all will be made clearer upon arrival at the village. Speaking of which...))

You all get to the village shortly after. There is a gasp from some guards.

"Vrishma," one says in Vanaran, "it is good that you have come back. Perhaps with your knowledge of the spirits, you can help us in this time of trouble."

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya nudges Vrishma. What's he saying, Vrishma-san? Obviously even if he's got the idea of addressing them by their actual names, it would seem Masaya still hasn't gotten used to the idea of letting Heimin do the diplomacy.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

The shaman replies with a friendly Well met, Akihul! in his language before turning towards Masaya. A moment, Masaya - troubles have darkened the village, indeed they have, but what I know not. Perhaps it's the same thing the sentries mentioned, I think. My knowledge?Did something happen to Aki, I wonder, or are the elders too far?

Vrishma turns back towards the guard who greeted him, and dismounts before addressing them in their own language. What seems to be the matter, Akihul, I ask?
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-10-26 at 04:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1465

"The elders don't know what to do. A long abandoned cave, we think it was a mine at one point, seems to be not so abandoned anymore. I don't know many of the details. If you could make your way to the elder's hut, I'm sure more can be explained to you there."

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma nods at the guards and takes the reins of the horse in his hand, ready to continue on foot. Thank you, Akihul, I do. Presently I will go to the elder's hut, I will; hopefully my friends and I can handle the problem. By the way, has Aki passed by the village soon? I wanted to see her if I could, he adds (so far this, too, has been Vanaran).

((note to Cyrus: as V's story was lost in the RPGwebprofiler crash, you might not remember this: Aki, sometimes called Aki of the Three Thunders, was Vrishma's teacher and is still somewhat of a mentor figure for him. She is/was a bit of hermit, but lived relatively close and passed by the village every now and then as he left.))
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-10-27 at 01:42 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1467

The vanaran looks uncomfortable and looks at the ground but says, "You will get some answers at the Elder's Hut, Vrishma. You should make your way there."

28. - Top - End - #1468

((Any further questions or moving along?))

29. - Top - End - #1469

((Um, hello? You all still around? Lol, did this campaign just die?))

30. - Top - End - #1470

PirateGuy

((We can continue to the hut please Cyrus.))