New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

((I'm not sure. I pmed him and didnt hear anything back. I'll pm him again. If I don't hear anything, then the story will evolve somewhat. Gleeman's character will have gone missing after the attack and no one has seen any trace of him since. He'll still be around in case he comes back or whatever.))

As you are all about to leave, the doctor runs after you.

"Wait!" he calls.

"There is a very old, very wise man who may be able to help you with this problem. His name is Genki. Many people have called him Genki the Sagacious."

((At this point, roll
    knowledge history for those who have it. Those who don't, roll plain old intelligence checks. I will continue on after everyone has posted their rolls and given their responses to this))

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

1d20+2=11 knowledge check
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

1d20+2 = 7

((I pm-ed him back in August and he still hasn't responded... Any chance we advertise for another character? 3 allows a fast-paced game, but we may miss on a few skills and the like. I know I feel a little weird that my character - a total outsider - mechanically may end up as the best speaker of the group.))

In the meantime, Vrishma has gone to the storeroom to pick his luggage. He sees that his robe hasn't suffered too much, because of the protection of his armor, but he's a little crestfallen because of its wear.

One more thing, where are we right now? I will need to go to a river soon.
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

(If we do get another character, we'll need a tank. I'm the skill-monkey, and we have an arcane and divine caster, but we all have low HP and AC.)
    Knowledge 10

5. - Top - End - #125

((Well, we'll continue for now, and I'll open up recruitment again))

Ikeira and Masaya, you two have heard the name before, and you know mainly legends. He's purportedly been around for hundreds of years. He has stopped disease and famine, he has cured those who are deathly ill, and from what you've heard, he can apparently travel on the wind.

Vrishma, you have no idea who that person is.

"We applied a jade salve to your wounds, and that helped those markings on your wrist recede a bit. They were making their way up your arm. We haven't been able to fully get rid of whatever that is, however. There was an outbreak of a particularly virulent strain of Plague in a town North of here awhile back. It goes by the name of Bikami. Genki was last seen there. They may have more information for you. Feel free to ask me any more questions."

6. - Top - End - #126

PirateCaptain

ikeira

"no more questions from me, just a favor from a witness. please make sure those shards you pulled from our bodies make it to the emporers shugenja and tell them ' when the weapon reached its destination, it was either too weak or too powerful and so exploded.'"

7. - Top - End - #127

((Shall we keep going for now? Or are we putting things on pause? It's up to those still interested in keeping this thing going))

8. - Top - End - #128

PirateCaptain

(im all for moving on)

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

((I don't mind moving on... But Vrishma needs to find a river soon. Anyway, we might need a purer "skill monkey" - summons can act as a shield if necessary, but if it comes to locks or bluffing, we may have a problem))

10. - Top - End - #130

((Well, we have two adds. Well one definite one maybe, so moving on for now. They shall join us in a bit. And there will be a river coming up mighty soon, not to worry.))

"If you take the road north from here, you will come to a road which leads right to the town. As most of my colleagues are very nervous about your presence, I would ask you to leave as quickly as you can. I apologize if that seems rude, but I need to look out for my friends and colleagues along with those that we heal. Best of luck to the two of you."

11. - Top - End - #131

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

Ikeira heads out and up the road muttering to himself mostly.
    " the fools probably wont tell the shugenja. they dont understand the importance. it will be on thier heads when it is proven that we said something that would have helped and they discounted it."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma puts the pack on his back, and is ready to go. He has a lot he'd like to ask these healers, but unfortunately they don't look as if they're in the mood to answer. Still, some things need doing.

Well, we should be going then; we do. There is a lot we need to find out, but one remains to do here. Where are the others from the army buried?

((If you want to skip this, ok: basically he will go to the burial site and place offerings to apologize to their spirits)).

13. - Top - End - #133

((We'll skip over that, hehe.))

As the two of you move out, the sun is shining and birds are chirping. Things seem to be going smoothly. About mid-day, you reach a river.

((Somethin you need to do here, Vrishma?))

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Seeing the river, Vrishma sighs and signals to the others.

Some time I will need here, I will. I have not been able to pay due homage for a while now, and the spirits shall most displeased be if this continues.

He sits down the river, and after starting a chant, opens his basket. He puts out some of his rice cakes on a nearby rock, arranging them in a little pile. Afterwards, he takes a bottle of shochu and pours some over them before setting them aflame , then dousing them with water while chanting a sutra dedicating the sacrifice to the spirits. He takes a strong drink and pours the remainder into the river. Then, he takes a medidative posture and seems to fall into a trance.

A gift for you, Gawa no Jijii. Alas, your decree will not be as simple as I had hoped, but I shall persevere.

Only after several minutes does he rise up and pick his belongings, motioning to his comrades that he's ready to continue.

15. - Top - End - #135

PirateCaptain

ikeira

Ikeira waits patiently for the shaman to finish. after all he had to reinstate his own connection. different paths same consequences. when done Ikeira moves on. still smoking on his pipe.

16. - Top - End - #136

You two make it to the town of Bikami without a hitch. Once at the gates, you are stopped by two guards who eye you with distrust.

"State your business for coming into our noble town of Bikami," says one, barring your path.

17. - Top - End - #137

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

" I am Ikeira, a wu-jen. my friend and i were part of the imperial army. something happened and now we seek Genki the Sagacious to help us with what appears to be some sort of curse, at least thats what the healers describe the effects of."

18. - Top - End - #138

The guards squint at you, suspicion plain on their faces.

"Do you carry some sort of plague? Our town was ridden with plague awhile back. We were hit pretty hard. Genki cleared things up, but no one has seen him in many years."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

((Two of us? I take it Ozzy left as well))

Vrishma arches his brow with curiosity at the mention of the sage, but curiosity gives way to concern at hearing he has not been seen for so long.
    Gone for years, they say? Finding him may be a problem, then. Still, we should restore ourselves before I can find any answers.

We bring no plague, guardsman. I myself am a healer among my people, and I give you my word, I do. We went on a long journey to combat the Shadows, we did, and now we seek the sagacious sage for his wisdom, so that we fully clean ourselves after our ordeal. We were told he was last seen here, indeed we were, and we came here so we could learn where he may be now. If there is still some taint of the illness in your town, I would be happy to help you, I would.

20. - Top - End - #140

((You know, off the top of my head, I don't remember if Ozzy is still around. Something is telling me that he isn't, but if you are Ozzy, feel free to post and apologies for assuming you were gone))

21. - Top - End - #141

((We seem to have picked up two interested parties, so they will be joining us shortly, I think))

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

((OOC: Just give me the word And I will introduce one of them. C'mon coach, send me in!))
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

23. - Top - End - #143

PirateCaptain

((waiting on the gaurds))

24. - Top - End - #144

((Oh good call. My apologies))

The guards stare at you suspiciously, but raise their weapons back to their sides.

&quot;Very well. But you will be monitored closely, and if there is any funny business, you will be kicked out immediately.&quot;

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

((I will probably be away for a few days, starting tomorrow. If I do not post later today, could you &quot;drag&quot; my character along or NPC-play him?))

26. - Top - End - #146

PirateCaptain

ikeira

&quot;naturally. it is a comfort knowing the gaurds of this fine town are so dilligent. could you perchance tell us where the inn is?&quot;

once Ikeira recieves directions, he will thank the gaurds and move on to the inn.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

(OOC : that My cue?)
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

((Ok, so I managed to get the time for one more post... I'll let you know when I can continue))

As they walk towards the inn, Vrishma asks Ikeira (if Masaya is there, he will try to keep some distance so he can't overhear).

Wise Ikeira, several times I have heard the word &quot;heimin,&quot; I have. I am not sure I understand its meaning... and I have at times felt I was being addressed with it.

((After the reply, he will probably make some small talk for the time being.))

29. - Top - End - #149

((Your cue is coming, sir, and you shall know it by the shedding of blood and the public outcry...I'll also inform you as to when you can hop in))

&quot;We have a few inns in town. There are two old codgers, named Akio and Daisuke who hang around the Graceful Crane all day, nursing their drinks and arguing over facts about Genki the Sage. That may be your best bet to finding him, although I wouldn't hold up much hope. Follow this main road to the middle of town, and a bright blue building will be on your left. That is the inn you are looking for.&quot;

The guards keep eyering you as you walk by.

30. - Top - End - #150

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

Ikeira leads the way to the mentioned inn.

((honestly i cant answer vrishma's question as i myself no not the answer))