New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1588
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

(Yeah, I don't have any more questions. Just to confirm, this shrine Vrishma has been told about is the one we are going to?)
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-11-01 at 10:40 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Bugbear in the Playground

((It is the one Genki mentioned, yes))

You make your way through the village with whispers and stares following the group. The chatter in the Elder's Hut dies down as the group enters, and a few elderly Vanarans look at the group.

"Vrishma," the oldest looking one says. "Is that you?"

((This is in Vanaran))

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya just stands there, watching the Vanaras, waiting for Vrishma to explain what's going on.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma has been going through the village seemingly without worry, but he has tried to carefully observe what has changed - and it seems the mood in Ashoka is different than that of the village he left months ago. Friends, my kinsmen may be somewhat... irreverent for your tastes, I fear, but do not take offense. Curiosity is not a means of insult here, I say, he says in common, and adds in moderation, at least.

He enters the hut and bows deeply to the old vanaras, before greeting them with a May the blessing of the spirits be with you. At the words of the elder, he nods Yes, Elder Manu, it is me. The rivers of life lead me back to my home, they do, if only in passing. How fare you, I ask? he says, his words again in the Vanaran tongue.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Chion

The powerfull young noble will stand reverently quiet behind Vrishma as a symbol of respect for the Shamen.

6. - Top - End - #1476

"Things here have been very tense, Vrishma," Elder Manu says. "One of our young men discovered what appeared to be a long abandoned mine some weeks ago. He came back and reported his findings to us. He said he didn't enter the mine because he said it felt as if there was a strange...almost alien awareness to the area." Elder Manu looks up.

"My manners have deserted me," he says to Vrishma. "Who are these people that travel with you? And can they be trusted?"

((This is still in Vanaran))

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma listens attentively to the elder's story and strokes his chin at the mention of the ruin. A mine? Most curious, I say. That a cave in the groves could be left unexplored I can understand, I can, but who would construct a mine here - and how long ago? As for the humans... Hmm, I'd trust them with my own life, I would, but.... Vrishma sighs and bites his lower lip. He then draws a deep breath and starts a tale in his usual calm, melodic voice. I will recount my story so far, I say, so you more about my travels and companions you know, Elder Manu. As you know, Elder Manu, our protector spirits long looked with wariness over the mountains , that they did, and bid me find out more about the darkness that they felt waxing. South to the human lands I traveled, I did, to ask their sages and see myself what happened. As the spirits willed, they were long fighting the spawn of the Darkness - fell beasts and ogres, all, I say. An army the human high chief raised to fight the Darkness, they said, and with I went. A bleak,tainted wasteland we entered, we did - the homelands of the Darkness, it is, which humans call the Lands of Shadow. Yet the army failed, that it did: a magic item of great power exploded in a battle and many died with it. I and two of my comrades - the masked one, Masaya, and the robed one, Ikeira, are survivors, we are. After the battle, we suffered an illness from the taint of that dark place, I think. We were told to seek a hermit Genki, we were - he was thought to be a great shaman among the humans and long an enemy of the Darkness. The other two - the young warrior, Chion, and the huntress, Masumi, offered us assistance in our travels, that they did.

We traveled long, we did, before meeting this shaman, and several times by the blessing of the spirits we felled the spawn of Darkness. The shaman told us of several sites that hide items that the Dark wants and that could help us cleanse ourselves. One he said was near here; I thought it was the ruins the Kaiahata live near, I did, but these news make me think it could be closer.

As for how trustworthy they are, Elder Manu, for many things reliable I think them, I do. They would no more a stretched hand bite than I would, I believe, and they have their own reasons to want the Darkness banished. It is a strange honor that guides them, indeed it is, but honor nonetheless. Their help I trust, Elder Manu, though not all secrets would I divulge to them. Does something worry you, I ask - something that you prefer them not knowing?
    he finally ends, looking at the elder with curiosity and concern.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-11-05 at 08:45 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1478

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion will stand and look around the room, shaking his long hair which is tied in a top occasionaly to break up the boredom which now creeping into him.
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2007-11-05 at 08:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1479

Elder Manu shakes his head. "If you trust them, than shall we all. An interesting tale you have told, Vrishma."

Elder Manu turns and addresses the entire group in fluent Common.

"Welcome, all. Vrishma has just told me of your plight. Perhaps it is the Spirits wish that Taint tortured individuals are the ones that must relieve us of our Shadowland troubles. Not too long ago, a cave was discovered. It was long abandoned and showed signs of having been a mine. The scout came back to report what he found and that he felt...alien eyes watching his every move. We sent a small group in to investigate. We haven't seen them since. Vrishma, your mentor went to investigate as well...and....hasn't been heard from. We also have seen Shadowlands creatures poking around near the mine, but those who go in do not come out."

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ogre in the Playground

What is the name of this cave? asks Masaya. We are looking for a specific shrine, and I wonder if it may be the same one.

11. - Top - End - #1481

"If some legends are to be believed, this cave houses the Shiro Heichi shrine," says Elder Manu. "So we simply call it Shiro Heichi."

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ogre in the Playground

(That is the one we're looking for, right?)

13. - Top - End - #1483

((hehe, it is indeed))

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ogre in the Playground

That is indeed the same shrine we came to investigate. It seems the spirits are with you... but not with us, as this will make our task much harder. Masaya looks around at his companions. Well, we had better investigate what has happened at this cave. We need to reach the shrine anyway.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

((Is this still taking place in the night?))

As soon as possible, Masaya, indeed we shall. For now, it may be a good idea some rest to get, I think. We have been on the move for quite a while, indeed we have, and we may not find a good opportunity soon either. Does anyone have other ideas, I ask? Vrishma says in common.

16. - Top - End - #1486

PirateGuy

Chion

"The sooner we deal with the shrine the better." Chion will bow to the Elder. "Thank you for your time and council. We will try and cleanse the shrine as we can." The Unicorn Bushi will nod and await the others,

17. - Top - End - #1487

It's a little past dawn at this point.

18. - Top - End - #1488

"We thank you for your generous help," Elder Manu says. The other elders nod their heads. "You all look tired. Feel free to rest here as needed. I'll have our people prepare a meal for you all for later in the day. It will be a feast of sorts."

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Ogre in the Playground

That seems like the best plan, nods Masaya. We will recoup our strength, and then venture into the shrine in the afternoon.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

((Oops, is it too late to say V left Shimikawa near the village, telling her to wait until called?))

I thank you for your hospitality, I do, the shaman says with a small bow and a barely noticable yawn. ((Does Vrishma know of a place in the village that they are likely to be invited to or one where they could leave their mounts?))

21. - Top - End - #1491

((I'm sure V's family would like to see him again and put him and his group up in their lodgings for as long as needed. *wink wink nudge nudge* Hehe))

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Ogre in the Playground

((I guess I'm not exactly the best person to play a high-wis, high-int character, am I? Thanks for the hint, I appreciate it. Still, is there something like a stable in the village? I do not picture Vanara being exactly horse-people, but you never know ;) ))

Vrishma

The shaman looks at his companions and nods towards the exit. Well, that was that, I say. There are others I would like to see, I would... Would you care to come along, I ask? he says to them with a slight smile on his lips.

23. - Top - End - #1493

PirateGuy

Chion

"Well, why not. Family is one giri that we should not forsake lest we anger the ancestral spirits." Chion will sigh and continue on with V.

24. - Top - End - #1494

((V, you notice that the horses are calm and docile, much the way they were when they were in Genki's domain. You could probably just let them go once you reach your family's hut. Speaking of which...))

You walk for a little ways and then you see the house where you grew up, V. There is an older Vanaran female outside doing laundry. She stops and looks up and runs over to Vrishma and hugs him warmly.

"Welcome home, dear son. And how have the spirits been?"

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya simply stands behind Vrishma, looking slightly uncomfortable. He scratches his face under his mask.

26. - Top - End - #1496

((Waitin on Vrishma))

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma hugs his mother tightly and laughs merrily. I missed you too, mother, that I did, he says in Vanaran. After she lets go of him (it takes a while) he looks at her with a wide grin on his face before answering. Ah, the spirits have sent me on quite the errand, that they have. To the human lands I traveled their bidding to do, that I did - but as they would have it, there is something for me to do closer to home. Quite the story, it is! But first, meet my fellow players, I ask - they are Masaya, Chion, Masumi and Ikeira, he says, pointing with his hand over to the others.

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya waves uncertainly.

29. - Top - End - #1499

"Welcome all," she says in heavily accented Common. "Welcome to our home. Please, make yourselves comfortable, I'll see if I can find some food. You all look so undernourished."

She bustles into the kitchen, singing softly in Vanaran.

30. - Top - End - #1500

PirateGuy

Chion

"My thanks for your hospitality, may your horses run true." Chion will smile and rest his naginata against his chair and sit down with a small flash of movement. He will look around with assuming airs or passing judgement on the house. He seems content to look around the house that the young shamen grew up in.