New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 227424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 1588
  1. - Top - End - #1531
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

((You'll need to roll a Heal check if you want to check her condition. W/o a roll, you can tell it's "not good," hehe.))

2. - Top - End - #1532
    Ogre in the Playground

((Well, at least IC keeps my previous rolls, hence modifiers... Heal Check: 22))

3. - Top - End - #1533

Your mentor is alive, but barely. Her breaths are coming in short gasps and she has a few wicked looking wounds on her. It would also appear that she's spent most of her magical (or spiritual if you want to look at it that way) capabilities just trying to get back to camp.

4. - Top - End - #1534
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma bites his lips and tries to concentrate enough to study his mentor's condition, shutting the outside noise (which I presume there will be in abundance) out. Eventually, he sighs loudly and asks the nearest relatively stable vanara if there is a place in the village that the old shamaness can be put to rest for a while. While he still appears distraught, some of the color is back in his face.

((so, does she look like her condition is stable and if yes, is it likely that we can get something out of her with a little rest and perhaps a few more low-level spells?))

5. - Top - End - #1535
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaya walks up behind Vrishma. Vrishma-san, did she say who attacked her? We ought to go and stop them before they get away, or attack other Vanara.
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-12-08 at 07:57 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1536

A little more healing wouldn't go amiss. All the Vanarans are now crowding around the group, attempting to see what's going on and who stumbled into the camp.

7. - Top - End - #1537
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Chion

the young noble will dash down the path with his red jaket and pants showing under the grizzlybear pelt he wears for warmth. he will scan for any signs of the enemy and return.

8. - Top - End - #1538

There are no signs of any hostile people or creatures, alive or dead.

9. - Top - End - #1539
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma turns towards Masaya and shakes his head. She barely made it here, Masaya, that she did. She may have more to say when she regains conscience, she may. When her life not in is danger, we will. Having said that, he takes out a gnarled, strangely inscribed branch from within his robes and clasps his hands around it. He points it down and begins an incantation that causes a pale yellow-green light to shine from it and strike the body of the elder female.

(CLW wand, 3 1d8+1 rolls for 6,4, and 9)
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-12-09 at 08:32 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1540

PirateGuy

Chion

"There's no enemy chasing her now that I could see."
    the young noble will keep watch on the horizon while standing by the group.

11. - Top - End - #1541

Aki twitches and lies still, looking a little less injured, but still a little out of it. Elder Manu will speak up.

"Bring her to my hut. We will let her rest and then we'll speak with her. May the Spirits protect us."

12. - Top - End - #1542
    Ogre in the Playground

((Does she look like she can walk with someone's shoulder to lean on, or should we carry her?))

13. - Top - End - #1543

((She's definitely going to need a litter. With that said...))

Some Vanaran dressed in light robes leave camp and come back a short time later with a litter and gently place Aki on it. She is slowly and carefully brought back to the village.

Elder Manu announces, "We'll give her the night to recover. First thing in the morning, we will talk and see if she remembers anything."

((Any interactions, or shall we move along?))

14. - Top - End - #1544
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

The shaman starts off going with the litter, before turning to face the others. Some time with Aki I will need, I will. I trust that no problem that will be, I do.

15. - Top - End - #1545
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, okay, Vrishma-san... Masaya looks around, seeming rather forlorn. What shall we do while you're away?

16. - Top - End - #1546

((So, moving on then?))

17. - Top - End - #1547

PirateGuy

Chion

"Yes Vrishma-san I can patrol on horseback and see what is occuring in the land." The young noble will will start off for his horse, naginata in hand with a white knuckle grip.

18. - Top - End - #1548
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

The shaman shakes his head at Chion. Unwise it may be, Chion, to go far when evil lurks, I say. Also, the mountains and forests less welcoming for a rider are than the plains of your homeland, indeed they are... If you should your mouth follow, near around stay, I ask

19. - Top - End - #1549

((Moving along for fear of stagnation))

Vrishma, you wait by Aki's side until she wakes up. Her eyes flutter awake and she smiles.

"It is good to see you, Vrishma. Out in the world, I thought you were."

20. - Top - End - #1550
    Ogre in the Playground

Post Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

Vrishma

The shaman, who was beginning to doze off, perks up immediately. Aki! It does me joy to see you better, that it does. The river of my journey took me back home, it did, though only in passing. I hoped to see you, indeed I did, though better circumstances I could wish for. He appears relieved, though still not quite at ease.

21. - Top - End - #1551

"Glad I am that I was able to make it back to report what I found."

The elders all come into the tent at this point.

"The scout force has been split. If they aren't lost in the mine, then they've been killed or captured by the Shadowlands creatures. I know not why they capture instead of outright kill, but I'm sure the motives are evil. The Shadowlands creatures also appeared to be attempting the mine, but to no better luck than our scout forces. Anyone or thing that goes in there hasn't yet come out. I sensed spirits in the mine, but they were alien. While they didn't seem to want to harm me directly, I made almost no progress through the mine, much as I tried. I couldn't even communicate with them. I got a name. Shakoki Dogu."

22. - Top - End - #1552

((Bumpity))

23. - Top - End - #1553
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside, Masaya paces uneasily, waiting for Vrishma to return.

24. - Top - End - #1554

PirateGuy

Chion

Chion goes to check on the horses.

25. - Top - End - #1555
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Vrishma looks around uneasily at the elders. Could you leave us alone for a few moments, I ask? There is something I would like to ask Aki, I would, but it is for her ears only to hear.

26. - Top - End - #1556

The Elders all nod as they are used to this sort of "shaman business."

The horses are fine.

((Feel free to interact amongst one another as V talks to Aki. Also, I will be incommunicado for the next couple of days, so break until the day after Christmas, I think. I may be able to get on before that, but maybe not. Feel free to post actions/comments if you'd like, just don't expect them to be addressed until early into this upcoming week. Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it. Happy Holidays to the rest. ))

27. - Top - End - #1557
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

The younger shaman nods at the elders thankfully, then sighs, turning to his mentor. He looks at her somewhat sadly before asking, Much have I heard and gone through that distresseses me, Aki, that I have. Before I have not asked you this, but how much do you know of the taint of the dark creatures and how jade can be used to counter it?

28. - Top - End - #1558

Aki looks at you in a slightly confused manner but speaks.

"The dark things of the Shadowlands hate Jade and Onyx. If one must travel into the Shadowlands, taking along fingers of Jade will lengthen the amount of time it takes for a creature to become a tainted creature of that awful place. Someone can be brought back if tainted, but once a person becomes fully corrupted with the power of the Shadowlands, it is impossible to bring them back. You know most of this, Vrishma, for I taught it to you. Why ask now? Have you not been keeping up with your studies?" She takes on the tone of a mentor with this last question.

29. - Top - End - #1559
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

The younger shaman smiles sadly. I fear my studies have become only too advanced, I do. It pains me to hide this from others, it does, but I walked in the darkness with the human army who sought to vanquish the shadows - and two of the humans with me walked beside me, they did. Yet their campaign failed, indeed it did, few survived... and we three have been marked with a strange mark. Of the shadow it is, I fear, and ill it brings to soul and body. He sighs, drawing up his sleave to show his marks, then breathes in once again. Jade I wore, of course I did, yet I fear it was of little help; after a huge jade crystal burst darkness descended before me. I awoke in the human lands, in a healers' hut, where the survivors remained. Their healers said we had wounds from jet-black shards, indeed we had - and one night we had changed to demons, killed many who yet survived, and then changed back. I dared not believe it, I did, but we left to seek council from an old human sage, Genki - though if he indeed is human or just wears the skin of one I don't know, for he seems to have lived much longer than is normal for their race.

Vrishma proceeds to tell his mentor about their travels to the sage and what Genki told them and did (all he remembers), before saying. So this is why I've come back to our forests, venerable Aki, indeed it is. The spirits yet grant me their favor, indeed they do, but my heart is heavy like the mountains. Yet another thing troubles me - doubt. I know not this sage, indeed I don't, and his wisdom and goals are not clear to me. Fell creatures flee from the sacred jade, and most strange a place the Shiro Heiichi is for such a treasure. If I took it, I thought, would not the taking of such purity weaken our lands and the spirits? And killing the human lord... I know little of their goals, but they venerate him akin to a the mightiest of spirits, and we would raise a hand towards what is most honored and venerated in all their lands.

I sought to meet you, indeed I did, and perhaps other elder shamans, for I know not whether this Genki I could trust. I would know more about what my acts could bring, I would, before I put my life and others on such a... gamble,
    he finishes, using the human word for game of chance for lack of a good Vanaran substitute.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-12-30 at 07:21 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1560

Aki listens intently to your story before speaking.

"There are those that live as long as they need to. Genki could be one of those rare individuals. If Genki were an agent of the Shadow, surely you would all be in the grasp of this corrupted Emperor. When I was younger, I too traveled among the lands of the Humans. While they revere their Emperor as a God, there are old legends that foretell of when those of the Shadowlands will usurp the throne. This could be that time, Genki. You could be a part of something larger than a Human Emperor and even all the Vanaran lands. We gather our strength not from any jade, but from the strength of spirits and our ancestors. If this jade is what you need, than this jade you should take. And pray Genki still lives, for I know not the ritual he would use on you three poor souls."

((If anyone else is hanging around outside, make listen checks to see if you hear any of this))