New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Oriental Adventures (Restart)

Vrishma

Vrishma doesn't seem to be convinced by Masaya's explanation, and he shows it. His tone is polite, as he does not want to offend the samurai, but he doesn't believe the offhand explanation.

Really? There be a tradition of hunters called vanaprajara, protectors of the forest, among my people. The spirits of nature have blessed them with many powers, they have, and what you say is hardly impossible. I have heard that such guardians exist here, too - you call them rangers, you do. A few times did my ears hear mention of those ninja around the campfires here and there, indeed I have, so when you talked of them I thought you may have more knowledge about them.

Anyway,
    he says, hoping the conversation won't get sour from there on, our road beckons, and long it may be. Do you have any more particular supplies that you need, before we meet it tomorrow?

Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

((Bump))

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

(as much as i like the interaction as well i think its time to move on)

Ikeira spends a few more hours gathering information about genki and their soon to be guide from the old men. then retires for the night.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

((If we're through here, Vrishma will walk around town and see what's up. He would probably visit the town healer/herbalist/shugenja to present himself and inquire if there is any assistance he can give. If there are any people that may need his help, he'd probably aid them to the best of his knowledge. Afterwards, he'd buy various spell components and order some provisions - say, 2-3 portions. Cyrus, if you don't want to trouble everyone, you could PM what happens.))

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi politely excuses herself to the room she bartered for and... goes to sleep! Really, she was actually quite tired and put herself down for a long nap, sword cluthed to her chest as if it were a child's favorite toy. Of course Nobody is around to see this. ...Right? ¬_¬
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

(OOC:*Pokes with stick* ...We didn't use up our roleplaying with that last bit, did we?)
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

7. - Top - End - #217

PirateCaptain

((no but this is the point at which the game started dying last timearound so i want to move on))

8. - Top - End - #218

((I just wanted to see what Ozzy would do)).

Whoever was asking about healing (apologies for not remembering who), the local healer is a bit of an elderly man who uses basic herbs to heal wounds. There are many who are sick (from poverty or destitution more than anything else) and can be tended to easily.

((If that's all...moving on. And good rolls on those saves, hehe))

Vrishma, Masaya, and Ikeira, you three have strange nightmares while you sleep. You feel somehow deeply dirty (perhaps Tainted would be a better word :P) and you all have these visions of seeing through the eyes of massive, hulking monsters who are chasing down faceless villagers and either ripping them to shreds or devouring them in about ten bites. All three of you awaken in a cold sweat, and if any of you care to look at your left arm (where the &quot;tatoo&quot; is) which feels like it's being scorched from the inside out, you will notice that traces of the tattoo have moved up your arm a bit (think Prince of Persia: Two Thrones if you've ever played it).

9. - Top - End - #219

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

Ikeira guesses that they just suffered through a transformation and calculates the time between the last one at the healers and this one, then packs up and heads downstairs smoking his pipe to study his spells again.(note comparing time between transformations and assuming that they transformed in the shadow lands to try to figure out an interval of transformation)

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

((Can I post again now?))

11. - Top - End - #221

((Yes indeed. I'm just waiting on the other two before proceeding))

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi yawns with unladylike clarity as she comes into the bar room well rested and looks about for the innkeeper to badger.

&quot;Oy, Innkeeper... Might I have some morning tea before you're rid of me again?&quot;

13. - Top - End - #223

You come down the stairs, but the innkeeper is nowhere to be found. If you wander into the kitchen, you won't find anyone there, either. There is, however, a bit of a commotion going on outside.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Curious, Masumi looks out the doorway to see what the commotion is, moving on the faith that she hasn't been left behind by the others.

15. - Top - End - #225

((Just waitin on the others))

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Vrishma

Waking himself up with a start, Vrishma looks at his hand as the tattoo-like coloration catches his eye easily. He sits up, seriously worried, and tries to pluck at his memories for what exactly is its significance.

((Cyrus, let me know what roll would be involved, or roll yourself: my sheet is at http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=30178 )

Afterwards, he puts on his clothes and goes downstairs. He wants to meditate in order to prepare his mind for the day's ordeals, and more importantly, check if the taint has affected his connection to the spirits.

Good morning to you, miss Masumi, he greets her, politely, as he sees her downstairs. I trust you slept well, I do. Is there something the matter her, I ask? he says, nearing the door and peeking out.

17. - Top - End - #227

((Go ahead and roll just a plain intelligence check. As soon as we have a post from Ozzy))

Ikeira, you don't see at this point what sort of significance there is or pattern at this stage.

18. - Top - End - #228

((Anyone hear from Ozzy? I just pmed him, so we'll see what's going on. Incidentally, we have another interested party in this campaign. What say all of you to another person joining us?))

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

(not a problem... And ozzy was in a kinda poor health state, so I imagine he's still with us but may not be able to post...)

20. - Top - End - #230

PirateCaptain

((the more the merrier i always say, &quot;sure whats one more boadb going to hurt&quot;))

21. - Top - End - #231

((I had taken that into consideration. Perhaps physical therapy or what have you. Alright, I'll let that other guy know that he can join if he still likes))

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

((bummer - and I was so proud of his knowledge skills. Oh well, here goes nothing: 1+2 = 3. Did I mention my opinion of Invisible Castle and its malicious intentions towards my characters?))

23. - Top - End - #233

((Heh, well sadly, you can't place any significance to the transformations other than that it's happened at least once or twice))

((Point of clarification. You aren't actually sure if you changed into monsters or not. It may have just been an extremely vivid nightmare. None of the three of you have any blood on you or in your room. Anyone who wants to get somewhat an idea of what happened, roll a sense motive check. As Ozzy may not be able to do things right now, but I sincerely hope that he is ok, we'll move on for now, unless everyone wants to wait until this new guy joins us.))

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

(Wait, wait, I'm here! I'm really sorry, but I moved to uni on Sunday, and I had loads of problems setting up the internet through the really stupid and ultra-secure, ie very complicated, routing service. But I've got it now!)
    (Intelligence check 19)
    Masaya walks down the stairs, stifling a yawn. Good morning, all! How are you today? Sleep well? He gives a meaningful look at Ikiera and Vrishma.

25. - Top - End - #235

((And what is the intelligence check for? I figured you were around))

As you come down the stairs, you notice everyone else's focus is directed outside towards town square. You can't really make much out from the crowd, but the water in the town well looks tinted red.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Masumi ambles into the crowd, not shoving her way but slides around with predatorial ease, not liking this in the least. She seems to be heading to inspect the water..

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

As soon as Masumi is gone, Masaya sidles up to Ikiera and Vrishma.
    The mark on my wrist has moved up a bit in the night, and I had weird nightmares. Are you two alright, or did something similar happen to you?

28. - Top - End - #238

PirateCaptain

Ikeira

&quot;something similar yes. Hazarding a guess from facts we do know id say there might have been a transformation....at least in the spiritual realms if not physical. we may have held it off tonight but this is to soon to determine an exact pattern, or triggering conditions. shall we go see what the fuss is. any information about what happened last night would be useful to genki to help us figure out what is happening and why, but more important how we stop it.&quot;

Ikeira then moves out the door to see what is happening at the well.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Masumi follows him (with an ear out to hear Vrishma if he replies, of course), hand on the hilt of his katana, making sure the arm of his kimono covers his wrist, obscuring the mark.

30. - Top - End - #240

((Anyone else have problems over the past few days connecting? Also, our interested party can't find his books. Anyone know of a place to look *gasp* online?))