New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Generica (Team Potato Tree, Thread III)

Previously on Generica...
    Previously previously on Generica...
    OOC Thread

Hicchup and Danny's Perspective

The professor shakes his head. "No, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the current faculty. I think at least half of them are just hallucinations anyway."

~~~

Jack's Perspective

A random prisoner, who Jack can only hope is Legitimate Phil, hooks onto his arm and says "I'd love to."
    ~~~

Jimito's Perspective

The crowd goes silent at Jimito's claim.

"...what is an 'azer'?" asks the high Jimmy.
    "It's a type of plant, isn't it?"
    "A small mammal, I thought."
    "Isn't there a St Azer's in the south somewhere?"

((OOC: Is that a celebratory movie in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?))
    Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Jimito, Wereape Priest of Phonnus

Jimito raises his hands to get silence among the masses. "NO, no, you're all wrong. An azer is a small human whose head is always on fire." Realizing this rather sparse descrption diminishes the weight of his accomplishments, he embellishes. "They're also vicious as beavers, always hungry for man flesh. Now that I've converted them, however, they only eat the flesh of men who are not named Jimmy, which is quite an accomplishment. Oh, and yes, I belive there is a St. Azer's just a few miles from East Westminsterville, but the name is just a coincidence."
    Cardinal Ximinez by Mephibosheth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui
    And yes, that is pretty much exactly what she meant. Don Beegles FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: Generica (Team Potato Tree, Thread III)

The crowd 'oooooh's appreciatively, and parts to allow Jimito and the newt tamer to the front of the stage.

"The current situation is a dead tie between Jimmy the Azer Dude and Jimmy the Newt Handler! Who can claim the advantage now?"
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

4. - Top - End - #4

"Wait, wait. I fail to see your math here. I convert two bloodthirsty extraplanar demons and he converts one big salamandar, and it's a tie. Explain your reasoning, please."
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

5. - Top - End - #5

"Well, it was a particularly big newt...."

"Huge, really." interjects the Jimmy. "Almost dragon-sized. Infact, I remember now, it wasn't a newt, it was a dragon."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack sighed. Mentioning homosexuality within a 50' radius of a prison was always a bad idea, yet it happened every time.

'You go ahead,' he whispered, without checking to see whether it was Phil or not.

Jack doubled back sneakily (5, 5, 3 + 5 = 18) to the alleyway behind the cells to call down into the sewers for Nixon.

7. - Top - End - #7

Nixon comes out of the sewers accompanied by a small rat, which he is chasing happily. He is also singing the rat song, which consists of the word 'rat' sang over and over again with whatever tune he feels like at the time.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, we thank you for your time. Do you suppose you could assist us in getting outside without going through the traps? The occasional water bucket is all well and good, but I rather like staying in my skin." Hicchup grins.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

9. - Top - End - #9

"Well, I could whisk up a quick summoning circle if you'd like to get out fast... or I suppose there's the secret passage behind the bookcase (like anyone would prefer that)."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

"Normally, Proffesor, I would be the first to try a magical means of nearly anything, but today has been a long day. Unless my young companion here wants to, I think we'll take our leave through the bookcase. Danny?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Danny looks up, startled. "Hm? Oh, uh, right, yeah, the bookcase sounds fine to me."
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

12. - Top - End - #12

"Very well. Boris, would you do the honours?"

The bookcase at the back of the room slowly slides aside, revealing what appears to be a dank tunnel, illuminated by torches set into brackets on the side.

"That should take you out by the entrance. Just don't take the path that leads to the giant spider's nest and you should be fine."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

"Then, Proffesor, Boris, we take leave of you. Once again, thank you for your time." Hicchup heads to the bookcase and out of the university, intended towards the castle.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

14. - Top - End - #14

Outside the castle Hicchup is met by the sight of the king out practicing manouevers with his elite guards. So far they've mastered the straight march, the quarter turn and the double melon.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

(OOC: ...double... melon... ? O_o ?)

"Well, Danny, shall we pay our respects to his majesty and report an update of our situation? I know I certainly intend to ask for lodgings for the evening." Hicchup says, under the guise of the Wall-ter spell.

(OOC: Dice = 6, 1, 2... +2 for False Images, and + 3 Wis to equal a total 14 for the Wall-ter spell. Just, you know, so I could feel like this is a dice rolling game again.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

"..I'd rather not. Besides, you can stay at my house. Mum wouldn't mind... probably."

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

"Rather not? Why not?" Hicchup watches the guards perform the double melon, and starts to get hungry.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Danny looks down. "Well, you know what I've been... thinking about. What I talked about with Red. I don't think I could trust myself to talk to him right now."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

"No. Actually, I don't. My memory of around that time is rather hazy. Something to do with a kick to the head, I believe. So remind me, if you will." Hicchup had wondered why the boy was so quiet. First inclinations were that he'd watched Miss Jenny die. Second deductions were that he was talking with Miss Jenny, who was not quite dead, but rather in his headband. And now, Hicchup thinks he understands at last. Something else happened while the half-orc was uncouncious.

Something important.

(OOC: I've re-read this, and re-thought it. I don't think Hicchup was concious for Red and Danny's conversation. I know if he had been, there would have been many objections. TB, er, I mean, Bill can tell me that I'm wrong, of course, in which case the addled memory really IS do to being kicked in the head. Twice. And almost dying. Twice. From Danny. Twice.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Danny looks down. "Can we go somewhere more, uh.. private, then? I don't want to talk about it within earshot of the king."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

"Your house, then? That is, of course, if it's private enough." Hicchup grumbles this out, and holds out a hand, motioning for Danny to lead the both of them.

Whatever this is, it's not going to make me happy, I don't think.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Danny nods, swallowing lightly, then leads Hicchup back to his house. When they reach the door, he walks in, mutters a soft 'hi' to his mother, then leads Hicchup to the dojo. Luckily, his father isn't back from work yet.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Hicchup dispells Wall-ter and sits on the floor.

"All right, Danny-boy. The pipes, the pipes, are calling. And by pipes, I mean my vocal cords. And by calling, I mean questioning. So. In laments terms..." Hicchup puts on a concerned, stern look, imagines himself playing bongos for some reason, and says, "Danny, you've got some splaining to do!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Danny nods slowly, looking down. "...When I was... seven, I think, my sister used to tell me stories. She mostly told me stories of this far-off utopian society... Um. Do you know what a republic is? I think there's a couple near here, but I've never been very far outside Generica..."

25. - Top - End - #25

Jimito waves his hands and makes choking motions at the newt, er, I mean Dragon-Jim. "Yes," he spits , barely able to hold in his fury at the idiocy of it all. "It was a dragon, I understand that memory is often faulty. Because of that, I'm sure you'll understand when I reveal that I just remembered that I actually converted the Azers, a fire giant and an entire army of lesser imps. Those things tend to get forgotten, you know."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Hicchup nods, "Yes, I know about this 'republic' thing. I'm not sure I approve of a non-monarchic system of government, but I've heard tell that they exist."
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

"Um. Well, this place my sister told me about was a republic... Well, no. It had a king, but he wasn't... exactly the same kind of king you get around here. He had powers, of course, but mostly the country was run by a sort of council... He could veto any laws they came up with, and they needed his signature to make laws at all, but he was mostly ceremonial.."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

"So a figurehead for a collective amount of people. Execpt the figurehead has a certain governmental powers. I'm with you so far. I'm failing, however, to see relevance, or why this is something that can't be said out doors. Discussions of far off diplomacy is..." The candle lit for a moment in Hicchup's head, then blew out. It was long enough, however, for the half-orc's face to become more uncomfortable. "All right. I'm begining to see what's going on. Continue."
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Nixon, come,' Jack said before making his way back to the merchant's.

30. - Top - End - #30

Nixon follows Jack back to the marketplace, herding his rat with him and still singing the rat song. When he gets to Honest Pete's, both Pete and Phil are waiting there for him.