New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Generica (Team Potato Tree, Thread III)

"Actually, that plan would be the easiest of all to put into motion. It was only the intervention of Daniel that prevented them from inacting such violence the last time you crossed paths; it would be breaking your agreement, but a fight could surely be arranged with little effort."
    Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

"I was fine with the plan up until the 'demon' part. New plan." Danny glowers slightly at Howard.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

3. - Top - End - #273

"I am unsure where the idea of a demon entered from. My memory contains no mention of such from the character Blue."
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

"In all truth, he didn't. He thought we'd blackmail a god. Well, that just doesn't seem plausible, nor does it seem favorable. I don't like blackmailing the good guys. Usually. So naturally, my thought process flipped the equation. If we were not to blackmail a god, we could instead, deal with a demon." Hicchup shifts in place and scratches his chin.

"Of course, that is merely Contingency 6 of plan Alpha 32. I feel that we should explore more options first, so I shall mention Plan Alpha 13, which is to continue our finding of Kuro, teacher of our foes.

As it appears that he is dead, we need a strong conjuration magic to get something of his or some part of his body, I would think, and then strong necromancy to speak with his spirit. Though it is entirely possible that an exceptionally strong necromancer would be able to allow us to speak with his spirit without anything of Kuro's. And, of course, the only reason I wish to speak with him is to understand more about our adversaries. With only their code names to work off of, I cannot stipulate anything more about their intentions.

But there I go again, rambling. We also have the option of Plan number Beta 4, which involves a certain amount of regicide. Which is to say that, instead of them killing me to be able to kill the king, we cut out the middle man and kill the king ourselves. Sort of. It would be... an illusionary death, lasting long enough to trap Team Ornate Lobster."

(OOC: HAH! Only a few DAYS between posts this time. We'll get back into it soon enough, gents. Anybody seen Don_Beegles?)
    Last edited by Gengy; 2007-09-02 at 10:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Danny hmms to himself. "A strong conjurer to... conjure something of Kuro's? Well... there's Jack. Or there's my sister, who's probably better at that sort of thing. If only we had a way to contact her..." He glances at Hicchup.

"...No idea where we'd find a necromancer, although Howard might know."

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

6. - Top - End - #276

((OOC: Beegles isn't coming back; I PMed him and he's too busy to commit himself to Generica. From now on Jimito's an NPC))

"Unfortunately I must strongly repeat my opinion that Plan Alpha 13 is doomed to failure. It is highly likely that the teacher of Team Ornate Lobster is of the matter as themselves; that is, a celestial. Such beings are notoriously difficult to kill, but as body/soul duality does not apply to them they can recieve no afterlife. I must advise you to stop chasing Kuro, as it will serve only to aggravate the Hikari siblings and use up valuable time. You are aware that we have only tomorrow to completely enact the plan? I suggest less deliberation and more action if we are to hope to accomplish anything of value."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Danny pauses for a moment, then looks up at his bandana. "So, uh... what exactly are you? 'Angel ghosts' apparently don't exist... So..."

Without even waiting for an answer, Danny looks back at Hicchup. "...Um. Weren't we supposed to be trying to find a peaceful solution to this? Why are you so keen to make me break my word...?"
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2007-09-02 at 01:34 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278

"I told you before, I'm not dead, I'm just resting. Eventually I'll be able to leave this bandana, once my wounds heal. Although it is really comfy in here....
    Wait, ignore all that. I'm really a spooky ghost. Whoooooooooo!"

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

"...Wounds? What wounds? You don't have a body!" He's arguing with himself again.

10. - Top - End - #280

"And how would you know? I must have missed the bit where you got a degree in pan-dimensional pseudo-biology, Mr I-hit-things-and-they-fall-over."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Danny falls silent. "...Well, you... uh..." No, he falls silent again. His face is flushed, and not in the good way, either.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Wait a minute, don't we already know the Hikaris' intentions? They're gonna kill the King. Seems pretty simple what we do next. They come for the King, we stab them or shoot magic at them or... trip them, they get vanquished and we all go to the whorehouse to celebrate a job moderately well done. Easy.'

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

"Daniel talking to himself aside - and that does concern me, Danny, but we'll get back to it - you forget something, Jack. They are not going to kill the king. They are going to come kill me. Then, after the loss of, my ego must proclaim, one of the world's greatest half-orcs, they will kill the king."
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

"I won't let them kill you," Danny mumbles, mostly to himself. He's still rather uncharacteristically quiet, and doesn't even have a retort for the 'speaking to himself' part.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, thank you, Danny, that is much appreciated. I think I like being alive." Hicchup grins and teases the young ninja, "I hope this time I remain conscious while you do it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

16. - Top - End - #286

"If you do wish to attempt a double crossing, merely lowering the King's magic wards would be enough to prevent them from attempting to kill you. Of course, you must be confident in your ability to defend the king yourself if that is attempted."

17. - Top - End - #287
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Well, there's no point in fighting something if you don't know you're going to win. What we need to do is find out about and steal some weapons that will work on whatever the Hikaris are.'

18. - Top - End - #288

"They do not appear to have any resistance to mundane weaponry, as far as I am able to discern. If you cut them, do they not bleed?"

19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Yeah, book, but didn't we meet Blue today? Someone we thought we'd killed? Something tells me we'd need some special weaponry to finish them off.'

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

"They're ninjas. Unless you can see the body, you always assume a ninja survived anything. Even divine smiting, or huge magic tidal waves."
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2007-09-02 at 05:57 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291

"You are clearly mistaken. Blue has never been taken out in combat against you; he has always effected a retreat with his brother."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

"You just weren't looking, I guess..."

23. - Top - End - #293

Suddenly there is a loud crash, and the gang turns to see that the space where the door was is now occupied by a door-shaped hole and a decidedly livid ninja.

"So that's your idea of enacting political change, is it? Shopping, drinking and a round of backstabbing to finish it off? Consider your period of grace over, Team Potato Tree. I have come to deliver judgement."

((OOC: Thank you, Raymond Chandler!))

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Danny stares at Red for a while. "...I'd just like to make it clear that I was actually serious, and the others just outvoted me. Also, I think a new country springing up suddenly counts as political change, and I'm sure with one more day we could, uh, send an ambassador to King Generic or... something..."

Yeah, he's reaching now.

He then glances at Hicchup. "Hicchup, where'd the backstabbing come in again? Or is he just talking about our usual intra-Team backstabbing?"
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2007-10-26 at 04:07 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295

"You were casually discussing how best to kill me just now! Did we not have an agreement? Did I not spare your companion's life so that you could find a peaceful solution? I see now that that was a very foolish thing to do."

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, that." Danny waves his hand dismissively. "It doesn't count as backstabbing if you already consider us your enemy. And I tried to convince them, but Jack is a stubborn as... well, you."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack leaned over and whispered to Hicchup.

'You want me to stab them now? I think now might be a good idea.'

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Danny ignores Jack. Maybe he just didn't hear him. "...You know, Red, I've come to a conclusion. I really, really don't like you."

29. - Top - End - #299

"I don't doubt that. I'm sure everything involving law is anathema to your childish ways. Sometimes, though, you just have to grow up."

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

"An assassin taking the moral high ground? Interesting. You know, I always thought killing the king was against the law?"