New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Generica (Team Potato Tree, Thread III)

(Apparently my usercp waits for TB to tell me when there are new posts.)

'So, your majesty, old friend, seeing as we did such an awesome and flawless job in getting rid of anyone who would ever seek to harm you in any way whatsoever and said 'villains' could never 'reoccur', like some 'reoccurring villain', how's about we get some reward for our hard work?'
    Last edited by LazyJoe; 2007-12-07 at 10:28 AM.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Well, I couldn't possibly argue with flawless logic like that. What would you like for your reward?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Dwarf in the Playground

'I can't speak for my assistants here, but another bash at the treasury would be awesome.'

4. - Top - End - #454

"Nonsense, of course you can; speaking for your assistants is what being leader's all about. I should know, I'm a king. Official Treasury Guide Nixon? Take these gentlemen (current and ex) down to the treasury for a reward, would you?"

Nixon salutes the king, spins on his heel and marches down to the royal treasury, singing a marching song as he goes.
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Dwarf in the Playground

Smiling broadly with a hint of evilness, Jack followed Nixon to the treasury.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

Danni considers this for a while. "...You know, I really can't think of anything. Uhm..." She scratches the back of her head. "Could I get, like, a 'one free reward' coupon so I can pick something when I really need something specific?"
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

7. - Top - End - #457

Nixon dives headfirst into the vast pile of treasure that takes up most of the royal treasury, leaving the group alone with their thoughts for a few minutes. When he resurfaces he's carrying a pair of ornate long knives, one in each hand, which he excitedly presents to Jack.

"This one's called Invisy and this one's called Returny! They're maaaaaaagical!"

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Also, talking."

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

"...Do all magic items talk now? How many commentators do we even need?"

She has it worse, too, because one of them can only be heard by her.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2007-12-07 at 01:30 PM.

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

9. - Top - End - #459

While Jack gets acquainted with his talking armaments Nixon hands Danni a small heavily scorched piece of paper, with the words "IOU some phat loot" scrawled on it in red crayon.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Dwarf in the Playground

Through the whole time Jack had known Nixon, the only things he had brought him were half-dead, half-scorched rats and that unfortunate case of fiery scurvy. However, these offerings didn't look half bad. One of the daggers was shorter, with gold etchings along the handle and middle of the blade. It was weighted well and more suited to throwing than close action. The other was long and sharper on the edge, good for slashing and stabbing, although this was hard to tell because of its semi-transparent nature. It looked to be made partly of diamond, or at least of an extremely hard type of glass, interspersed with a swirly black marble. Despite their various materials, the daggers were fairly light and easy to handle.

'Cool.'

He attached his new toys in their scabbards to his belt, putting his two non-magical daggers in his backpack.
    Last edited by LazyJoe; 2007-12-07 at 01:41 PM.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the War Room!' Jack suddenly blurts out.

After a moment he muttered to himself 'that's what I should have said in the Eunician Embassy when it all kicked off... ah, well, I'll save it for the next fight we get into in there.'

(What? I'm bored.)

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

Danni looks down at the IOU in her hand. "...You sure this is legally binding, Nix?"

13. - Top - End - #463

Team Potato Tree emerges triumphantly from the treasury, clutching their newfound swag and/or notes of credit. The King presents each of them with a shiny gold medal, engraved with a picture of a potato on one side and a tree on the other. After considering what task to send the brave adventurers on next, the King has them sweep the floor for an hour, before admitting that he doesn't really have anything for them to do, and sends them on their way. Team Potato Tree goes their seperate ways, taking the opportunity for some well-deserved downtime before the inevitable call back to action.

((OOC: Whee, chapter one finished. Post what you're doing in the month you have free, and head over to the OOC thread for some level-up action))

14. - Top - End - #464
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Well, it looks like this is the end of a chapter... of our lives. I'll see you mooks around, possibly as victims, maybe as simple passer-by mug-ees. Ciao.'

Jack leaves the castle with Nixon, Genghis and his new daggers to spend the next month doing whatever ne'er-do-wells do, including but not limited to larsony, grand larsony, wanton stabbery, theft of things not nailed down or on fire, theft of things nailed down but not on fire, theft of things not nailed down but on fire, petty theft, petty behaviour, petty officery, petty grudges, kicking of shins, lying to guards, guarding liars, loitering without a permit, loitering with a permit, eating eggs on a Tuesday, doing unnatural things to a water vole, doing natural things to a water vole and theft of things nailed down and on fire. It's been a busy month.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Danni stretches her arms above her head, and sighs a little to herself. "And now, I really need to get back to training. I've slacked off quite a bit over the past week..." She grins a little bit, and waves to her companions. "See you later. Nix! If you wanna come over, feel free. You can even bring jack if he promises to behave himself."

And she's gone after giving the others a wave.

Danni spends the next month doing what little martial artists do best; playing and training. And training and playing. And going to the Temple of Senna sometimes. Oh, and getting curses lifted so she's not a she anymore.

And flying. Can't forget flying.

16. - Top - End - #466

Hicchup spends his time off researching in the great University Library, uncovering as much information about the nature of magic as his papery companion can hold.

Meanwhile, as Jack relaxes on a patio that isn't his after his month of nefarious and scandalous deeds, Nixon rushes over to him with an urgent gait.

"Agh... Nixon sense... tingling...."

With a shudder Jack's firey friend assumes his alternate personality and addresses the rogue seriously.

"Jack, we must return to the Elemental Plane of Fire at once. Something terrible has happened; I can feel it! Gather your companions and let us depart with all haste."
    Last edited by TamerBill; 2008-02-10 at 11:40 AM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack watched Nixon's transformation into Ixil with a certain foreboding. Nixon meant that he could have an assistant in crimes and a kicking target, Ixil meant he had to do stuff which involved him doing stuff.

'... really?' he said unenthusiastically, '... is there anything in it for me? And don't you mean something?'

18. - Top - End - #468

"That's what I said. Please don't delay us with your crazy talk, Jack, there's a lot at stake here. We need to speak to Miss Isabella and make use of her planar travel skills."

19. - Top - End - #469
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Damn you and your amazing editting abilities, TB! And your dog!)

'Well, that makes all the difference. I bet Isabella's been anxious to see me again after the impression I made on her a month ago.'

Jack grabbed Invisy and Returny and his backpack, which included his Rod of Wonder, the ever-faithful Sorcery: The Gathering deck, his back-up knives and that pair of glasses that changes his appearence that he used once. With Genghis faithfully at his heels, Jack went with Ixil to pick up Hicchup, with the argument for coming with them of 'just... 'cos.'
    Last edited by LazyJoe; 2008-02-10 at 12:01 PM.

20. - Top - End - #470

Jack's amazing persuasion skillz gets Hicchup on board, and the prospect of seeing Isabella again is clearly nothing to do with it. He joins the party with his faithful tome Howard, and follows Jack while contributing little dialogue that requires me to assume his voice.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Dwarf in the Playground

Deciding not to teleport there, Jack and his cabal walked to Danny/i's house, hitching onto any convenient wagons that happen to be going their way.

22. - Top - End - #472

Taking a lift on a passing milk crate, Jack arrives at Danny's home with little incident and several bottles of swiped semi-skimmed. The eponymous monk-ninja-girl-boy appears to be at home, judging from the sounds of training emanating from inside.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

If the trio choose to go around the back (which, considering how much stolen milk they're carrying, is probably a good idea), they may peer inside the dojo to see Danny, returned to his male form... currently being wailed on by a grown adult! And Danny's blindfolded, too!

Oddly enough, Danny is just dodging, with a look of concentration on his face. The man looks strikingly familiar, too.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack, being the intelligent thief he is, knocked on Danny/i's front door inbetween shots of milk that he pretended to be whiskey. Expecting Isabella, Jack propped himself up against the doorframe with one arm and put on his cheesey, lecherous grin. Thousands of witticisms flashed through his brain:

'Got milk?'
    'You're looking particularly Peeping Tom-worthy today.'
    'I didn't get you chocolates because I'm considerate of your weight.'
    'I'm from the bra company, I'm here to check your wiring.'
    'Wanna see my Rod of Wonder?'
    'Bees like honey.'

Apparently Jack had forgotten that Isabella didn't live there. Jack's very smert.
    Last edited by LazyJoe; 2008-02-10 at 12:36 PM.

25. - Top - End - #475

Thankfully for the world's collective sanity, Jack had no opportunity to put his 'wit' into action, as he belatedly realises that Isabella and Danny do in fact live in seperate houses, and he is in reality flashing his cheesy lecherous grin at Danny's mother.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Dwarf in the Playground

'... oh. Hello Mrs. Von Ninja... we've, er... got your milk. By the way, is either Isabella or Danny in? But preferably Isabella.'

27. - Top - End - #477

Mrs Jamieson graciously accepts the milk from Jack, and shows him and Ixil to the dojo, where the aforementioned mystery man is still attacking Danny.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

Danny dodges, parries and ripostes! He doesn't attack, though.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack by now is used to seeing Danny being assaulted by people older than him, and so leans in the doorway. If he thought Danny was in real danger, he might have helped. He might have! Don't look at me like that!

30. - Top - End - #480

The not-very-mysterious man aims another punch at the blindfolded Danny, but hesitates before following it up. Noticing Jack and Nixon hanging about in the doorway he ends the training session with a bow.

"That's enough, Daniel. I see we have guests."

Walking over to the doorway he crouches down and extends his hand to the elemental prince.

"Richard Jamieson. How do you do?"