New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Generica (Team Potato Tree, Thread III)

... highly suspicious of anyone who'd want to shake the hand of something on fire, Jack quipped 'very well, just ask his accountant.'

Jack proceded to laugh at his own 'joke', muttering something about his wit being 'deadly. Not as deadly as his knives, but something akin.'

Grabbing Richard's hand instead and introducing himself as Jack The Awesome, Jack then directed his attention to towards Danny.

'Hey, we need to use your sister again to get to the plane of fire, you wanna come with? I can't promise that there won't be danger and danger-related activities, but you can use Hicchup as a shield when you get scared.'

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Danny pauses, confused for a few moments before he removes his blindfold. "Huh?" And then, of course, he spots the others. "Oh, hi guys!" He grins, bounding towards them. "Dad, these are my friends. And Jack."

Danny hmmms at the invitation. "...Sure! I mean, I did get exponentially more powerful the last time I was with you guys. And I don't think sis would actually let you in without me there."
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2008-02-10 at 01:44 PM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

3. - Top - End - #483
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Whatever. Just pack whatever it is that you ninjos use and we'll get going. That is, unless your parents have some reservations about you going to a plane of existence mostly inhabitted by fire.'

4. - Top - End - #484
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mr Jamieson laughs, and puts a hand on Danny's shoulder.

"Oh, I'm sure young Nixon will keep you right. Will you be gone long, Daniel? Perhaps your mother could whip up some supplies for the trip."
    Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

Danny grins, and crosses his arms. "I probably have the least concerned parents in all of Generica." He pauses for a moment. "It helps that I've already broken out of a Fire prince's dungeon." He nods his head, then grins up at his father. "That sounds good."

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

6. - Top - End - #486
    Dwarf in the Playground

'I'm sure we have time for supplies. I like tuna salad sandwiches.'

7. - Top - End - #487

A short while later the dynamic duo plus Jack is leaving Danny's house armed with a picnic basket full of delicious home-made sandwhiches and lemonade. Excepting any bright ideas, a long walk north of Generica awaits them as they march on Isabella's house.
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Screw this, I'll teleport us there,' Jack said after swallowing some delicious picnic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Groupus Teleportus (3d6+3)[18]

9. - Top - End - #489

Despite Jack's track record at group teleportation, he somehow manages to avoid ending up outside a brothel or halfway through a wall. Holding the picnic basket above his head like a novelty sombrero, Nixon takes the initiative and goes to knock on the door. As soon as he grows another metre or so he'll be able to manage it, too.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack reverts into his cheesey grin as he does what Nixon can't and knock the door.

11. - Top - End - #491

The door opens, and Jack is face-to-face with Danny's mother again

Isabella opens the door, a single flower in hand.

"Oh, hello Danny, Nixon. This is a surprise. Are you finished changing the political climate already?"

12. - Top - End - #492
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Oh, Isabella, you joker. I know you're only ignoring me so as to make sure the others aren't left out. We'll play your little game. For now...'

Jack winked knowingly at Danny's sister.
    Last edited by LazyJoe; 2008-02-17 at 06:03 PM.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Danny watches Jack with bemusement for a while, then starts gathering blue energy in the palm of his hand...

14. - Top - End - #494

Spying her younger brother preparing to give Jack his well-deserved-but-socially-inappropriate comeuppance, Isabella coughs and invites the group in. Taking the picnic basket from Nixon she leads them to her sitting room, where they can discuss business and Jack can make a fool of himself.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack accepts the invitation and casually places himself on the arm of one of Isabella's chairs.

'As much as you'd like to spend as much time as possible with me, I must be brief. We need another one of your inter-planar travelling circles so me, Nix, my badgerwhale, your brother and the silent half-orc can go to the plane of fire on stately business. Men's stuff, you know, nothing for you to be worried about. I know you'd do anything for me, that's why I came here.'

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Danny gives Jack a look, then turns to Isabella, smiling a little awkwardly. "Sorry for only coming to you when I need magic done recently... dad keeps me really busy training and stuff..."

17. - Top - End - #497

The gang have some time to relax while Isabella sets up the floral designs necessary for this particular type of planar magic, all the while managing to never actually look at Jack. Hicchup sits with her, recording the details in his magical book, leaving Jack, Danny and Nixon to their own devices for a while.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Hey Hicchup, I need you to cast some shields that'll protect us from fiery doom. I don't want to have to put our host's lovely nose out of joint more than you've already forced her to.'

19. - Top - End - #499

"That is unnecessary at this juncture. A degree of travel through the Inner Frontier will be required before we arrive at the Plane of Fire, rendering defensive spells a pointless drain on our resources."

20. - Top - End - #500
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Hey, I travel with this lot, I think I'd know what's a pointless drain on our resources.'
    Last edited by LazyJoe; 2008-02-17 at 06:56 PM.

21. - Top - End - #501

The book falls silent, murmuring something that sounded like but I haven't got a nose, which only made sense in the universe where people can't quickly change what they said in the recent past after realising their mistake. Which is just crazy.

Meanwhile, Isabella puts the finishing touches to the magic circle, and steps aside to let the team make their triumphant return to the Frontier; after all, the last one went so well, what could there be to worry about?
    Last edited by TamerBill; 2008-02-17 at 07:04 PM.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, I know what's a pointless drain on our resources, too. And its name rhymes with 'knack'." Danny nods his head sagely.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Dwarf in the Playground

After chastising Danny for there not being anyone in the party called 'Mack', Jack stepped past Isabella, did his idiotic idiosyncratic idiotic 'clicking fingers-come pointing' at her and stepped through the portal.
    Last edited by LazyJoe; 2008-02-17 at 07:13 PM.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Danny trots over to the portal, then promptly gives his sister a hug, then a grin. And then, of course, he jumps through into the great unknown! ... Er, Frontier.

25. - Top - End - #505

The gang immediately feels the cold mists of the Inner Frontier swirling around them as they step through Isabella's portal. It faintly shimmers in the air behind them before dwindling and disappearing, leaving them alone with only their wits and a magic bonfire between them.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Well, I'm sure we all have fond memories of this place. On a side note, does anybody know how we're getting to the Fire Plane?'

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Danny stares at Jack for a few moments, then facepalms. "And here I was thinking you were actually prepared for once..." He signs a little bit. Jenny, do you know the way to the Plane of Fire from here?

28. - Top - End - #508

"...yeah. I think I can get us there. Just give me a minute."

It takes Danny a few seconds to notice that he's recieving this message through his ears rather than his special head-gear-to-mind telepathic link. Looking to the left he sees his guardian spirit standing there with her eyes closed, semi-transparent but definately present.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

Danny blinks at Jenny once, then stares at her for a while. He then points dramatically at Hicchup. "Hah!" And then at Jack. "Hah!" And then at Nixon. "H-" He pauses for a moment. "Wait, you believed me."

30. - Top - End - #510

Jenny smiles as she concentrates on busting a hole to the plane of fire.

"When I give the signal you guys need to jump through the portal as quickly as possible. The Sentinels will be hard on your trail already, and none of you are any match for them in a fight."