New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Generica (Team Potato Tree, Thread III)

Jack taps feebly on the side of his box. In fact, it's worse than feeble, even 'pathetic' doesn't really seem to cover it.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jimito furrows his brow andleans back in his chair. "Well, you've got me there. Honestly, I have no idea what information we need; I just came along for the ride and a few drinks." He picks up Jack's box and looks for a latch. "What happens if I open this thing? Will a clown or something jump out at me? I mean, besides Jack." If he cna find some way to open it, he does, but points it at the bartender just to be safe.
    Cardinal Ximinez by Mephibosheth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui
    And yes, that is pretty much exactly what she meant. Don Beegles FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

3. - Top - End - #153

"There isn't a latch. I don't think you're supposed to be able to open it, though I suppose you could try a sledgehammer or something. Mind you, that could prove incredibly painful to the occupant....
    Should I go fetch one now?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

4. - Top - End - #154

Jimito squints at the box again and nods. "Yeah, I guess you're right. It seems we've reached a point of decision, do we leave him in the box at the cost of his sanity, or try to get him out at possible cost to his continued living." Jimito turns the box slowly as he thinks about it. "Get the sledgehammer."
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

"So, Danny," Hicchup says, from behind his Wall-ter spell, after several minutes of walking "How much further is this place? I don't know about you, but I feel as if I've been walking for days without anyone paying attention to us. Or perhaps I'm still tired."

The half-orc yawns, and so does the two demensional dwarf.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack whimpers from inside his confining, albeit picturesque, jewelry box.

7. - Top - End - #157

The bartender returns shortly, carrying a huge hammer with the Eunician flag design engraved on the head. "Stand back, your highness!"

With a mighty crash he brings the hammer down on the box, crushing it flat and ruining the intricate detail on the inlay. Jack gets to personally experience the unique feeling of being compressed flat by a sledgehammer blow before immediately springing back to full size like an overeager spring. The feeling is extremely diorientating, not to mention unspeakably painful, but at least he's not actually damaged. That's probably to make way for more unspeakable pain.
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack mused on the unspeakable pain which he had just experienced, then said quite plainly 'huh, I think I've just gone insane. No matter. What's the situation, guy who used to be monkey-boy but who is now inexplicably king?'

9. - Top - End - #159

"He needs to question you as to what questionable question it is that you need to question me on. I think."

10. - Top - End - #160

"Yeah, you know. That thing Gengy was talking about when I was thinking about what I was going to get at the bar. Something about a mass murderer or assassin or something like that, though as I recall secrecy wasn't important. Or did he say it was?" Jimito rubs his chin for a moment but dismisses the problem with a wave of his scepter. "Either way, I'm king here so ask the man your question."

11. - Top - End - #161

((OOC: Hicchup, Don, not Gengy. Gengy is the gerbil.))

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Oh yeah. Hey, Mr. Bartender, have you ever heard of a guy called 'Kuro who is most likely dead'?'

13. - Top - End - #163

"I may have heard the name before. Let me think... was he the guy who beat that octupus in a wrestling match? No, wait, that was Black Shale.... Oh yeah! I know who you mean. That ninja assassin dude who used to live in the slums before he disappeared one night without explanation. Here, let me draw you a quick map."

The bartender takes down a portrait of King Jimito The Simian from the embassy walls and scribbles a crude map on the back in red crayon.

"There you go. X marks the spot, as it were."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Seems to have spaced out. He's even drooling slightly from the corner of his mouth.

He suddenly comes to, and shakes himself, whiping drool away on the back of his hand. "Huh? The tailor's? Oh, it's right over there." He points. And so it is.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

"Why, so it is." Hicchup blinks his weary eyes, and heads towards the door of the tailor. Holding it open, he waves Daniel inside. "After you, my boy. You're the one with the expense account."

Not to mention the connections to Senna... The half-orc thinks to himself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Danny grins to Hicchup (not Gengy), and steps inside the tailor, looking around. "Hello? Anyone home?" In a rare sign of respect for the rules, he leaves his staff at the door.

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

17. - Top - End - #167

Danny and Gengy Hicchup are met at the door by a figure who puts Ambiguously-Gendered Sam to shame for sheer gender confusion.

"Yes, good morning! What can I do for you two fine gentlemen? We have a fine selection of bow ties. Or perhaps a new coat? Blue is very much in this season."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack grabs the improvised map, conjures a detective's hat, puts said hat on his head, pushes Jimito out the doors of his own embassy and makes his way to the most familiar place in all of Corsen: the slums.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Danny smiles brightly. "Hi! Actually, I had a special request, good... person..." He scratches the back of his head. "Um. Do you remember ever making something like this?" He holds up one arm, letting the slightly loose sleeve of his gi hang down. "It got ripped and it's getting a little small for me anyway. And, now that you mention it, I'd prefer blue to white..."

20. - Top - End - #170

Danny and Hicchup's Perspective

The tailor flits around Danny like some sort of giant clothes-making lizard, examining the garment from every angle.

"Hmm. Hmm. Hmm.... yes, I think I remember this. One of our custom jobs, yes? And you want it in blue? I think I can manage that...."

~~~

Jack and Jimito's Perspective

The smell of the unwashed masses greets Jack's nose as he arrives in the 'More Unprivileged Residential Area', as the Generica tourist board calls it. Small cockney children watch Jack pass from the shadows, clutching tourist guides to the area to their chests.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

"And as for me, good shopkeep..." Hicchup lets the Wall-ter spell fade. He picks his fingers at the wooly white side of his clothes, and adjusts the red robe side so that it isn't tickling his armpit. "I'm afraid that my own tatty handiwork just isn't going to cut it anymore. I'm a size 3 Half-orc, Intellectual. I don't suppose you have something more... fitting than these rags that I am ashamed to call clothes?"

True. Hicchup could just change his appearance with illusion. But that takes time and concentration. He was, at one point, rather proud of when he sewed those two man-sized robes together so that they would fit him. But ever since he saw Red, Blue, and Pink's outfits... he's been a bit skeptical of his choice of dress. So here, at last, Hicchup hopes to rectify that error.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Danny looks down slightly. "I always thought it was some weird fashion statement..."

23. - Top - End - #173

Jimito cringes as his royal personage is desecrated, but he decides not to mention it, just this once. Instead he follow Jack with his nose held high in the air and his back straight. When he reaches the door, he has a bit of a problem finding the knob like this, so he walks normal but crosses his arms in a gesture of what he believes to be royal defiance. When they reach the MORA he shakes his head disapprovingly at all of the little beggars. "This is a disgrace to the King's name./ I'll have to bring it up at the next meeting of the King's Fishing Club. The KFC will not be happy with this lapse." He sniffs and shakes his head again, and turns to Jack. "Where did you say we were going again?"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

'I didn't, but I think I know which house the map's supposed to be pointing to. I know it's hard to believe, but this fine, cultured, handsome young gentleman before you used to be a child what did used to be part of these here slums.'

Jack follows the map and tries not to think about the grammar of his last sentence.

25. - Top - End - #175

Jack and Jimito's Perspective

Jack's awesome navigation skillz lead the pair to an old run-down shack deep in the slums. Well, it's either the shack or the nearby strip-club; the map's not very accurate. Still, it's probably the shack.

~~~

"We do carry some items for men of... exceptional proportions, such as yourself. What sort of garment did you have in mind?"

((OOC: I never did understand why Hicchup wore two robes sewn together...))

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

"Something that says, 'I'm not dangerous, just a spellcaster'. Something that speaks out intellegence and elegance, but also has the durability for feild work." As he speaks, Hicchup smirks and looks to the sky, a whimsical explression on his face. "Patina may have a drawer with my label on it when I die, but never let it be said that I ignored the wisdom of Senna's good choices."

(OOC: YOU try finding clothes that fit a half-orc in a setting that doesn't have many of them. You'd probably sew together robes too, lol. In other words... it fit my idea during character creation.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Okay, you stay here with Genghis, I'll go snoop around.'

Jack hands Jimito Genghis' leash, draws both knives, concealing them in his sleeves, and tries to find a way into the shack, preferably through the front door.

28. - Top - End - #178

The front door serves adequately as an entrance, and Jack is able to snoop in without problems. The inside of the shack is dusty and decrepid, and strange items litter the floor. Leaning on the back wall, facing the entrance, is a young man dressed in casual clothing. Though his face looks familiar, you cannot place him.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack tightened the grip on his daggers.

'Hi there. This is the strip-club, isn't it?'

30. - Top - End - #180

Jack's Perspective

"Funnily enough, no. I'd advise you to keep your nose out of things that do not concern you, Jack. It could be hazardous to your health, if you follow my thinly-veiled threat."

~~~

"Hmmmmmm.... yes, I think I have just the thing! To the design book!"

The tailor exits at speed to the back room, leaving Danny and Hicchup in the proverbial dust.