New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Generica (Team Potato Tree, Thread III)

Having forgotten what the rest of the group's aims were, and being too lazy to look over the past few pages... er... hours of his life, Jack settled for satisfying his own curiosity.

'How did you know I was going to be here? I'm a master thief, I shouldn't be this easy to track.'

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jack's Perspective

Blue leans back lazily on the way behind him.

"Who said I knew you were going to be here? This is where I hang out. Do you even know where you are?"

~~~~

Hicchup's Perspective

"As a book, I feel I am unable to venture any sort of opinion on matters of fashion. However, I'm sure it is very 'sharp', and well worth spending our sorely-limited time on."

~~~~

Danny's Perspective

Danny is handed another copy of the map given to Jack and Jimito (scrawled on the back of a peace treaty with the squirrels) and sent on his way with a shove.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Danny grins, shouts a thank you, then jogs in the direction of the house Jack is apparently in. He could sprint, but he doubts Nixon could keep up with him.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

4. - Top - End - #214

Jack's been gone a while, and Genghis is starting to get a little antsy. Or badgerwhaley, as the case may be. Jimito looks at him nervously, thinking that even at this age a handsome and lean priest like himself might make a fine meal for a growing monstrosity. "Come on little Gengy, let's get you some dinner. I bet you my embassy will have something for you." He heads back to Eunicia the same way that Danny is coming, but backwards, of course. When he sees his young friend he runs to meet him. "Well Danny, how are you doing? Have you met Gengy?"
    Cardinal Ximinez by Mephibosheth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui
    And yes, that is pretty much exactly what she meant. Don Beegles FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

5. - Top - End - #215

Danny and Jimito's Perspective

Danny's running is brought to a halt as he encounters Jimito and Ghengis on the streets of Generica. Nixon, never the most aware of folk, continues running happily in a straight line without bothering to stop, his cries of "Wheeeeeeee!" eventually turning to "Oof!" as he encounters a wall at the end of the street. Ghengis the badgerwhale is uneasy around the new figure of Danny, sniffing him cautiously from a distance.

~~~~

Jack's Perspective

After his question is met with a blank stare for several minutes, Blue picks up the inanimate Jack and puts him outside. He then goes back inside and eats a sandwich.

~~~~

Hicchup's Perspective

The half-orc in question is now dressed to kill (or at least incapaciate for interrogation) and ready to begin the next phase of his fiendishly cunning plan, which is so devious and amazingly-well-thought-out that no-one can remember what it was.

~~~~

Idi'inth's Perspective

In an afterlife somewhere, someone throws a rock at the gnome. This is completely irrelevant but also rather amusing.
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Danny blinks at the fire elemental, the ape-priest, the abomination against nature and the badgerwhale. "...Uuuh, Nix, you were supposed to stop here. Are you okay, buddy?" He then promptly prods Jack in the arm. "Hello?"

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TamerBill View Post
    Hicchup's Perspective

The half-orc in question is now dressed to kill (or at least incapaciate for interrogation) and ready to begin the next phase of his fiendishly cunning plan, which is so devious and amazingly-well-thought-out that no-one can remember what it was.

...not even him. But...

The cosmos are a funny and amusing thing, and Patina can be wise in all her many clerical workings - and when clerical is mentioned in this sense, it does not mean the healer priest most commonly thought of, but of the secretarial and recorder position. That is, in fact, a common misconception that is most aggravating among certain peoples. Someone could be perfectly fine, not hurt or dying at all, and yet they say, "Get a cleric!" Of course, a priest is immediately rushed to the scene, typically bribed good money to even be there, and the one who asked for him to come looks at him, and hands him paper and quill. Worse yet, I suppose, is when someone is on the verge of ending their lifelong existence, and in their extreme pain, they, or someone close to them, asks for a cleric, and when one arrives, he can do nothing to save said dying person... but if he is any kind of clerical recorder at all, he will have drafts of several different documents labeled 'Last Dying Will', and can at least assist in...

Wait. That's completely off track.

Where were we? Let's see. Cosmos, funny, Patina, wise, clerical workings, remembering the plan, insulting Idi'inth, finding Jimito and Danny, thinking about finding Jack... no, wait, too far. Clericals workings? Hmmm... Right! But just to be sure, back it up a bit...

Patina can be wise in all her many clerical workings, so a mere moment to sit and refresh myself - in stylish fashion, if I may say so - should give me exactly what I need to remember the plan.

The unruly Wall-ter has been walking for quite some time, looking rather grim. Right behind the illustrious illusion, however, is the large Half-orc - now well dressed - and Hicchup is looking rather thoughtful. Or confused. Or both.

In other words, normal. For Hicchup. Stopping in the middle of the street, and looking at the sky, the brain of the bunch contemplates and reflects on what seems like months of things, but in reality is less than five days. Four, if you don't count the day when Hicchup was being chased by guards and hauled into... the king's waiting room.

With a tiny shudder at the thought of waiting rooms - they can be more evil than dungeons, since dungeons at least have some form of bed, while waiting rooms only have uncomfortable couches - Hicchup finally remembers the plan.

"Ha! Idi'inth couldn't have done half of what I do, the dead post of a ill begotten gnome!" The next portion of his immediate checklist taken care of, Hicchup begins walking again, intent upon finding Jimito or Danny. As a means to the end, the Half-orc begins looking around for them, walking in the general direction of a hopeful person in a big city intent upon finding a boy ninja and a monkey man.

(OOC: LOL. That felt good.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

8. - Top - End - #218

Hicchup is swiftly led to the rest of the gang by a random passer-by, who mumbles something about 'getting the game moving again' before disappearing into a back alley, to never be seen from again.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Odd. Oh well. Now, I wonder if we should find Jack? Hicchup waves to both Jimito, Danny, and Nixon. Yes. Both. Grammer shall once again be slowly and cruely maimed to death.

"Greetings, my good fellows. I... is that a badgerwhale?" The half-orc stops and stares.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Having been thinking for quite a while about Blue's words, mentally throwing rocks at Idi'inith, naked mud wrestling, and deciphering what the hell Hicchup was thinking about the cosmos, Jack finally came to his sense as Danny tapped his arm.

'What do you want? Since when was I outside? Who stole my bundt cake?'

Shaking himself out of his seemingly month's-long confusion, Jack spotted Hicchup.

'Oi, half-dork, what's the plan? Blue's in there and he's talking about stuff.'
    Last edited by LazyJoe; 2007-02-25 at 11:13 AM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Danny hmmms to himself, then turns to Hicchup, asking the first question that comes to his mind. "What's a bundt cake?"

12. - Top - End - #222

Relishing the opportunity to actually be used as a reference book for once, Howard takes it upon himself to answer Danny's confectionary question.

"Bundt cake is a popular type of oven-baked dessert cake, named after its inventor Sir Robert Cake. It is generally baked in a torus shape, and is popular amongst both the lower classes of Generica and with dwarven immigrants."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Danny hmmms. "Thanks Howard..." He pauses for a moment. "But I am a lower-class Generican. Anyway, I thought you didn't like me?"

14. - Top - End - #224

"I do not withhold information on the basis of personal reputation. The knowledge of the bundt cake is not a great secret to be shared with only the worthy."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

"You're just annoyed by the fact that no one actually uses you as a reference book, aren't you?"

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hey now, Howard has many uses, and being a reference book is merely a perk, as far as I am concerned." Hicchup comes out of his momentary stupor, and turns to Jack. "If I ever hear that half-dork comment again, Jack, I will play you at Sorcery: The Gathering. And knowing your track record, I feel that is a significant threat. So either come up with more subtle insults that I can recognize as some form of intellegence, or you and I shall have words. Big. Long. Words. The verbosity of which shall render you baffled, beffudled, and bemoaning... more frequently than usual, that is."

Hicchup shakes himself, and cleans off the cuff of his new outfit. "As to your question about the plan... Well, let's just go have a chat with Blue first, if indeed he is inside."

Which, even if that claim is true, I seriously doubt he's still there. Ninja aren't filed under 'Easily Disappearable' for nothing. The half-orc thinks to himself as he turns toward the door and, hand straying towards his overly large pen, enters the building. "BLUE? A peaceful word with you, if you have it in you!"

Mentally, Hicchup prepares to throw up a defensive shield should their be an attack.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

17. - Top - End - #227

"Great, now they're multiplying...."

Blue steps out from the shadows at the back of the room and into view. He is dressed in his costume again, but is not obviously armed.

"What do you want?"

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

"To confirm that Jack wasn't completely insane." Hicchup blinks, mildly surprised that Blue is, indeed, here. "Now that I know he was telling the truth, however, I suppose the next thing to ask is this... What do you think of this republic idea? Not what Red thinks, but you. If we pulled it off, would that be enough for you?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

19. - Top - End - #229

"I think it's crazy, and about as likely to work as a Generican hobo. But if you do manage to blackmail a god into making it happen then I would consider my job here done. I hope you won't be offended if I make a contingency plan, though."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Hey, I thought we'd established that the republic was a stupid idea by a stupidly stupid little person. However, this 'blackmailing gods' thing interests me and I wish to learn more.'

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hush, Jack." Hicchup motions for silence - not expecting it, but hoping. "That's pretty much what we've come up with too. Feel free to make as many contingency plans as you want... but, on sheer principle, you understand, I'd recommend against any that involve me dying. What does Kuro think of this republic idea?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Danny watches throught the door silently, spinning his Rod of Water gently in his hand. Not threateningly or anything, just... cautiously. He doesn't trust Blue at all, which is rather obvious.

23. - Top - End - #233

Blue looks at Hicchup to see if that was supposed to be a joke.
    "Our sensei is dead. His opinion on your silly little plan will remain forever undisclosed."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Because obviously speaking with the dead is impossible, Danny thinks to Jenny.

25. - Top - End - #235

"To be fair, I'm not technically dead. More inconvenienced, really."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well that's just it, isn't it? There in lies the true crux of the problem. The stick in everyone's spinning wheel. The metaphor that causes confusion. The four-stamped paper within the five stamped pile." Hicchup pauses, speculative. "You get the idea. Look. I don't consider everything black and white. There are many different shades of idiocy and life, as far as I am concerned. But some of what... Red has done is... inexcusable in my mind. Threatening the current political power is not quite among the top of the list. I don't expect you - or anyone else, for that matter - to understand where I'm coming from. Where I am going, however... That's a different matter. Unless you've a question for any of us, I think we're done here. We've a god and or goddess to speak with."

There. Let him stick THAT in Red's pipe so it'll be smoked. Not to mention that that diety conversation idea is actually NOT a bad idea.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

27. - Top - End - #237

"...is it wrong that I'm beginning to empathise with Jack? That sort of longwinded verbosity ought to be banned by treaty."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not having a clue what 'empathise' meant, Jack assumed it meant that Blue respected him as a sneaky warrior and fellow awesome person.
    Last edited by LazyJoe; 2007-02-28 at 04:19 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

"You want to be fair to him?" Danny pauses. "...I really need to stop talking to Jenny out loud. Sheesh... how do telepaths manage it?" He muses on this as he follows along beside Hicchup, beckoning Nixon as he continues tossing his Rod of Water in the air, letting it spin, and catching it.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Once outside, Hicchup draws in a deep breath and lets it out slowly. "Right. We've got very little time left to inact some sort of plan. We've a few things we can do, and none of them are pleasent. Some of them are even less pleasent than others. First thing first, though... let's get to a more respectable establishment than here. Danny's parent's house, a nice tea shop, or a bar free of shadowy old men with problems that we've no time to deal with."
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself