New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Magic Under the Sun

Azzy continues making sure no one escapes.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

(( The following takes place over the course of five rounds. ))

As Mab brings the pattern towards Azaedth's tower, she shouts for Azadeth to help her inside the keep. Azadeth returns to the interior portion of the keep as the construct squeezes its way out the tower door. Mab casts a quick spell to fly to the ground level on the inside of the keep as the pattern enters the tower. She starts droning "Halt-stay-where-you-are-you-are-in-my-thrall-you-will-listen-to-me-and-not-yourself-you-will-only-hear-my-voice." Quintar, Tianna, and Tarinth guard the hole in the tower wall.

Tamboc reaches a group of unconcious humans and begins checking them for signs of life. He is able to confirm that two are dead and begins to check a third.

As Mab's rainbow pattern ends, her hypnotism takes effect, and the wemic and humans both continue to stand entranced. "Good. Now that I have your attention, please surrender yourself to my friends' custody."

The wemic drops his gear and holds his hands out in surrender.

Mab nods at Chonk, and the goblin begins to tie the wemic's hands with the rope he retrieved from the stable.

(( Azzy's turn. Map updated. ))
    The Future just ain’t what it used to be.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tarinth asks Will that spell last long enough for them to walk themselve into our jail cells?
    "I am TARINTH, slayer of dragons and eater of souls!"...The orc scratches his head. "Who?"

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

"The spell won't last more than a minute, but the suggestion should have a slightly longer lasting effect."

5. - Top - End - #125

Azzy helps to tie people up if he is need for it...otherwise he just make sure everything goes smoothly if he is not required to help with anything.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

(( Anyone want to do something before these folks are moved to the dungeon? Otherwise, I think we can skip ahead. ))

7. - Top - End - #127
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tamboc keeps checking on the downed opponents, healing as necessary. Squaw will do his best to rearguard the prisoners.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

"I assume all of you, with the help of the construct, can handle them. I'm going to find our dear friends who joined us last night."

Quintar goes to do just that.
    Rarity's number one admirer!
    Click on the dragon eggs to help them hatch and grow, or get some for yourself!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ooh, good call quint. I'm going to go get a shovel, if we have any at the keep, and start digging som shallow graves outside, and far away enough from the shore that I wont be digging in mud. (I think we need a janitor for this type of thing )
    Last edited by Tarinth; 2006-12-06 at 10:31 AM.
    "I am TARINTH, slayer of dragons and eater of souls!"...The orc scratches his head. "Who?"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

You know... you could hand a shovel to the construct, and I'm sure it can do some digging. ;)

11. - Top - End - #131

And he won't complain...SCORE! Anyways, I have nothing important to do before they're all locked up.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright, I guess I can do that. How intelligent is the construct? Will I need to take him out and show him what to do, or can i just give him reasonable instructions?

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

He can do simple instructions like, "Anyone other than us *the Elfsong gang* enters into the courtyard, stop them." I'm sure as long as we're specific, we should be fine. But... showing him couldn't hurt.

Anyway, great DM, have I found our friends, yet? The gnome was freaking out, and well, that other dude? We need to question him, methinks.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

I take the construct outside saying follow me and procede to intruct it in digging a shallow mass grave. I tell him to stop when its large enough for fourty bodies.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Mab hands Tarinth the control amulet so he can instruct the construct in the clean-up operation. Tarinth notes that there are no signs of damage on the construct's body, despite taking that flask of acid full-on earlier.

During his search of the bodies, Tamboc finds six men still living, though they are in need of medical attention. The shadow elves are both dead, however.

Mab leads the concious prisoners to the dungeons below the tower, while chonk binds the sleeping wemics. The cells are too small to hold more than a single wemic each. The human prisoners will have to be split among two cells while each wemic gets one of the remaining four to itself.

As Quintar heads towards the barracks, Jacasin emerges. "Wow! That was absolutely amazing! You killed that dragon. It was—it was—uh, I don't know how to describe it, but wow!"

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

((Um... that's the mean human I assume.))

"Uh, thanks. Come with me." Quintar motions for the man to follow him in finding the gnome, giving a sideways glance to the guy.

Quintar makes a sense motive check.

(1d20+1)[6]

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm guessing the proccess of taking the construct and showing him what to do will take at teast three rounds, so I continue doing that again.

18. - Top - End - #138

Tamboc will make as many heal checks as necessary. Here's some:

"Heal" - (1d20+1)[10]
    "Heal" - (1d20+1)[11]
    "Heal" - (1d20+1)[4]
    "Heal" - (1d20+1)[15]
    "Heal" - (1d20+1)[12]
    "Heal" - (1d20+1)[15]

If there's someone who looks to be on death's door, I'll use my wand to to make sure they stay alive. Here's a bunch of those:

"Wand of Cure Light Wounds" - (1d8+1)[5]
    "Wand of Cure Light Wounds" - (1d8+1)[7]
    "Wand of Cure Light Wounds" - (1d8+1)[7]
    "Wand of Cure Light Wounds" - (1d8+1)[5]
    "Wand of Cure Light Wounds" - (1d8+1)[4]
    "Wand of Cure Light Wounds" - (1d8+1)[9]

Also,

Tianna! People hurt! I need help!

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

(( All the living soldiers you find are stable by the time you reach them. You can still heal them if you want. ))

While Mab, Tamboc and Tianna deal with the living, Tarinth deals with the dead, and Quintar speaks with the keep's guest.

Jacasin responds, "Yes, Lord Quintar?" He pauses for a moment then says, "Oh! Yes, by the way—you might want to check on our other friend. I don't think he belived me when I said it was safe. Last I saw, he was curled up in a ball by one of the bunks."

(( Results on the Sense Motive shall come after about a minute of in-game time of interaction. You need to see just a tiny bit more to get a feeling for his mood... ))

20. - Top - End - #140

Azzy can go check on the guy...he's got nothing better to do.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

(( Oops, I missed that you were going to take Jacasin to check on the gnome. I was waiting for you to continue the conversation... ))

Quintar, Azadeth, and Jacasin go into the barracks, where they find Eckel as described. All huddled by one of the beds, he appears to be whispering something to himself. As you get closer, you can just make out, "IdontwannadieIdontwannadieIdontwannadie..."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

"Dear friend," Quintar says, "The fight is over. We won."

He takes another look at Jacasin, and by side-long, I don't mean obvious. :p

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Jacasin tells the gnome, "I told you it was over and we won."

Eckel looks up cautiously and asks Quintar, "They aren't making you get me, are they?"

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

"Whom is this 'they" you're talking about? I can assure you that we're not under threats. I would rather die than be a slave, in any form."

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

The gnome gets up, creeps to the small window by the bed and takes a peek."It looks safe..."

Jacasin replies, "Of course it's safe, you silly man! I told you: they killed the dragon. The bad guys are done for!"

Erckel looks at Quintar and Azadeth. "Woah..."

(( Quintar, Jacasin strikes you as honestly enthused and amazed at the party's feats of bravery outside. ))

Meanwhile, outside, Tianna and Tamboc tend to the wounded opponents, bringing them to the main keep. (( Are you going to spend any healing to make them concious? ))

Mab requests Tarinth come away from digging the grave for a while to help deal with the sleeping wemics—Chonk has tied them up and the spell is about to end. She wants to make sure they don't cause trouble when they wake up.

(( While doing the above, the relevant creatures are, of course, stripped of their gear. You don't have it all yet, but I'll let ya know that the 14 human archers all had: longsword, composite longbow, 32 arrows, banded mail, heavy darkwood shield, dagger, and 5 coronas. The wemics: a backpack, good quality breastplate, a good quality greataxe, 4 tanglefoot bags, and up to 10 clay flasks of strange liquids (there are a total of 74 flasks on 8 wemics, 39 of them are red with flames etched on them, and the rest are a deep green). The 3 folks have the same gear as the archers except they have no bows and arrows, their armor is of obviously nicer quality, and they have 5 silver suns in addition to the coronas. ))

26. - Top - End - #146

For now we won't use any healing, I'd rather get all the living secured before we heal them.

If it looks like Mab & Tarinth are going to have any problems with the wemics, I'll head over to help them out, too.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ok, I guess I'll start taking down the huge tent. It'll be nice for the keep if we want to have a picknick or something. Meow

28. - Top - End - #148

Tamboc'll check over the bodies, looking for wounded to heal.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

BTW, just out of curiosity, what is the color scheme on the tent? Also, is there some means to carry it, like a cart or something that they used to haul supplies.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

Da Loot:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Taken from Razorvach's corpse:
    • Large greatsword surrounded in an aura of cold (radiates magic (duh!))
    • Large warhammer (radiates magic)
    • Large crossbow
    • 20 Large bolts (radiates magic)
    • A potion-vial with smokey-grey contents (radiates magic)
    • ruby ring (radiates magic)
    • boots (radiates magic)
    • a giant-bag containing five throwing rocks, a tinderbox, cloak, boots, tankard, string, piece of fur, haunch of meat, knife, 30 flares

Found near the Hellhound's hitching post:
    • 4 sets of barding, sized for the Large hounds (radiate magic)

The Scaly Orc From the Tent:
    • +1 full plate (radiates magic)
    • +1 heavy mace (radiates magic)
    • 5 throwing axes
    • an obvious wand (radiates magic)
    • ivory ring with a scale pattern (radiates magic)
    • several silver necklaces, rings, bracelets, and earrings
    • pendant with an iron sculpture of a flame
    • component pouch,
    • 6 flares, 34 silver suns, 50 coronas, 100 eclipses

6 of the more muscular orcs each had:
    • greataxe
    • full plate, flail
    • composite longbow
    • 15 arrows
    • potion vial with red contents that smell of anise (radiates magic)
    • 3 steel vials with an imprinted flame insignia (the first one opened has contents that burst into flame)
    • dagger in a boot sheathe

The remaining 24 orcs each carried:
    • 38 coronas
    • greataxe
    • dagger in a boot sheathe
    • banded mail

The Four Ogres each had:
    • Large greatclub
    • 5 Large javelins
    • Large breastplate
    • potion vial with red contents that smell of anise, the consistency seems a bit thicker than that found on the orcs (radiates magic)
    • potion vial with brown
    • 3 smokesticks
    • a large onyx stone

Tamboc: While checking bodies, you find that one of the more muscular, better equipped orcs is still alive. Eight of the smaller orcs are also still breathing. One of the larger hellhounds is still alive, too. There is also a muscular orc that escaped injury due to his isolation in Mab's hypnotic pattern. Though he makes an attempt to fight back and escape when the spell wears off, you and the others quickly subdue him.

Tarinth: As you can expect from a fire giant, the tent is patterned in red and black.

While taking down the tent, you notice that, despite its size, it contains only bedding material and a large silver circlet. It looks like Razorvach was in a hurry when he was packing. Indeed, those scrounging around outside the campsite notice, even in the dark, that there isn't much in the way of camping gear. The only food items were personal rations set out near the orcs' and ogres' bedding.

Upon closer inspection, Tarinth notices that the large circlet is identical in all respects but size to the circlet Arzel was wearing—black adamantine with a prominent diamond. When detecting the loot for magic, it radiates a Strong aura.