New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Magic Under the Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Entertainer13 View Post
    ((Hey! Shalar got a shave!))
    ((I'm not sure what you're referring to. You can't see any leg hair in stick-atar, I don't think I've ever noticed her having unusual amounts of facial hair, and her regular hair is as shiny as ever.

Either way, I think you need to watch your mouth!))

What direction is the potential camp in? (Relative to Razorvok's camp, that is.) I'll wait for Merlin to make his rounds and let him know what's up. Then I'm going in for a closer look.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hooray, were off to face more baddies, in the wonderful world of magic under the sun. (If you read this in a singsong way, doesn't it remind you of we're off to see the wizard. Um anyway, it amused me for a second or two.)

Also, Tamboc, I think Quint is refering to the fact that our DM's avatar lost his beard. Besides, he obviously said it in a happy joking sort of way.
    Last edited by Tarinth; 2007-02-19 at 12:57 PM.
    "I am TARINTH, slayer of dragons and eater of souls!"...The orc scratches his head. "Who?"

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

The camp is to the south and a smidgen to the west. But not enough to even call it south-southwest. Just "south and a smidgen to the west."
    The Future just ain’t what it used to be.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

((Shalar used to be a guy... oh, never mind!))
    Rarity's number one admirer!
    Click on the dragon eggs to help them hatch and grow, or get some for yourself!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, I guess we're off. I am going to initiate Inertial armor before we go and augment it for a total of 5 points and a +6 armor adjustment, making my new AC a spiffy 23When we get closer to the camp site I will initiate conceling amorpha for 2 points.

(Ok, why is Tamboc peeved? I'm confused as usual. I guess Shalahar's Avatar does look like its got a boob coming off the right side, but i know that's his sleeve.)
    Last edited by Tarinth; 2007-02-20 at 11:41 AM.
    "I am TARINTH, slayer of dragons and eater of souls!"...The orc scratches his head. "Who?"

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tarinth View Post
    (Ok, why is Tamboc peeved? I'm confused as usual. I guess Shalahar's Avatar does look like its got a boob coming off the right side, but i know that's his sleeve.)
    ((He... is a girl... now...))

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, this camp is pretty small, right? We could surround it from all sides if that's the case, preventing them from running. Of course, Quint's sweet ranged spells would kill them all anyway, but we're going for capture right?

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

The answer to that depends on a coupla details.

1.) Tamboc saw it just before turning back. He'll have to get closer to make out the details. So, does he?

2.) Has Tamboc reported this camp to anyone yet?

9. - Top - End - #189

Quote Originally Posted by Shhalahr Windrider View Post
    1.) Tamboc saw it just before turning back. He'll have to get closer to make out the details. So, does he?

2.) Has Tamboc reported this camp to anyone yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by adanedhel9 View Post
    I'll wait for Merlin to make his rounds and let him know what's up. Then I'm going in for a closer look.
    10 characters

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

(( Gah! I got so caught up in the Out-of-character GB-week comments, that I missed that! Sorry. ))

It looks like a mostly abandoned camp. There's only one tent that's still standing. But what captures your attention is a fenced in area with a lot of people in it. There are also a few larger humanoids on the outside. Can't be sure without getting much closer, but it looks like they might be ogres.

Of course, as it's such a clear day, if you get any closer to confirm that suspicion, they will definitely see you, if they haven't already.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Halfling in the Playground

To make sure they don't see me, I could hide and ready my arrows. That way they won't see me and if need be I can shoot my arrows.
    Last edited by ericoedge26; 2007-02-23 at 11:57 AM.

12. - Top - End - #192

Okay, we'll turn before we get too close and head back towards camp. Hopefully Merlin's relayed the message, and we can make our plan of attack.

((Quintar's 16 Int says we should probably take steps to make sure the presumed slaves don't get caught in the fray. Tamboc, Squaw, and Azzy could put themselves between the slaves and the guards while the rest attack from the other direction.))

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

Sounds like a plan, boys and girls. I say we just go for it, and position appropriately!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sounds good to me.

So, let's move out. As soon as I see Tamboc dive into the camp, I'll attack the first orc, ogre, or other icky thingy I come across.
    Last edited by Tarinth; 2007-02-27 at 03:04 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195

I'm all up for it.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, now that we've all weighed in DM, does everything go OK en route to the camp. Do we have a map or is this going to be a rinky dink fight(and by that I mean no offense since these are probably just left overs from the main force of Raservak)?
    Last edited by Tarinth; 2007-03-01 at 03:02 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

When you reach the camp, you find the place in shambles. Tents, flags, carts and more are scattered about. Much of the debris has been burnt. Some ash piles still smolder, creating the smoke Tamboc saw while scouting. There's even a small mound of as-yet unburied orc corpses.

Yet amidst all this destruction, there remains a slave holding pen, miraculously untouched. There are many people inside. Guarding it are two ogres and a hellhound.

After a short fight, you defeat the guards. The prisoners cry out, "Thank you! Please free us!"

18. - Top - End - #198

Azzy can sets them free, but makes sure that some of the people stay for questioning.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

Well, I don't think they have anywhere to go, Az. Let's feed them what we can, get them back to the camp site, and get what we can from here. If any of the ogres still breath, we take them back, and then all can be taken back to the castle.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

Meow? unburied orc corpses? These guys aren't the ones we killed, right? I ask one of the freed slaves what happened here(as Politely as an intimidating wemic possibly can and without any weapons in my hands).

21. - Top - End - #201

Tamboc will check for injuries amongst the humans (?), then help Quintar out with any conscious beasts. Squaw will head to the sky again, to do some more scouting.

22. - Top - End - #202

Azzy helps wherever needed, I suppose.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

You release the prisoners. Most are villagers from Serranton and Carascon. Among them are Wynn, proprietor of the Sleeping Dog inn in Serranton and his daughter Zelda.

"Quintar? Tamboc? Is that you?"

After letting them all out, Tamboc sees to the sick and wounded. Many are suffering from dehydration and have minor wounds.

As Tamboc does so, Wynn tells Quintar what happened:

"They were on us 'fore we knew what was happenin'. They came through tha forest. Even kept that dragon o' theirs flyin' low to take the drop on us. Not that it woulda mattered much anyway. It was a pretty dark night.

"Anyway, I was seeing to tha tavern. Summa the boys were restless, an' it was gettin' rowdy. But then there was a racket comin' from outside. I wen' out to see what was goin' on. Crazy ol' Kerith's place was already in flames. Next thing I know, there were orcs, ogres, fire-breathin' dogs, and a winged horror above. 'Twasn't pretty.

"I ran in, rallied the boys that could fight, 'n' set Zelda to gettin' everyone else to tha cellar. Grabbed myself my club from behind the bar. But I didn' last long. After clubbin' one o' them nasty pigs in the face, I felt a club behind my own head, an' everything went black. I woke up in this pen with pretty much the rest o' tha village.

"Late afternoon, they shackeled us up, packed up their camp, 'n' we moved on. They sacked Carascon the next night. Then they marched us to where we are now.

"Anyway, yesterday, they were resting when suddenly that dragon o' theirs rebelled. Don' know why. Tore up the place pretty bad. Even took a piece outta that big black guy that was leadin' the horde. But he—tha black guy—told the dragon somethin' an' the dragon flew off.

"After that, they packed up what they could, left those ogres and the dog you killed behind to watch us. Whatever they were up to musta been important, 'cause he got orcs moving about in the middle of the afternoon. I think he mighta been chasin' after tha dragon, but I can't be sure.

"So, that's what happened here. What're you doin' here?"

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

We were on a mission for the Empire. We were sent to stop this rampage. We'll take you back with us - all of you. I can't believe Serranton is gone...

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Wynn responds, "Nay, lad. Just the buildings. Tha importan' part, tha people are still here." He suddenly frowns, "Well, mmm... most of 'em anyway."

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tarinth asks, This, um, black guy. Did he have pointy ears and a thin fisique?

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Wynn gives Tarinth a puzzled look "No. He was bigger than tha ogres. Big 'n' beefy. Had tha flamin' red hair. He was tha leader."

28. - Top - End - #208

((Hmmm, wanna bet the rebelious dragon was wearing a familiar-looking circlet?))

We need to get them to city. We can't hunt evil-doers with them nearby.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, a black guy seems like it could have described a drow. Anyway, I agree with Tamboc. I bet that was the red dragon we already killed.
    Last edited by Tarinth; 2007-03-07 at 12:29 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

(( If you want to take them to another town, nearest place is probably Villmore, but that's a small village that wouldn't be prepared for refugees. ))

After thinking a moment, Wynn volunteers, "Oh, yeah. I don' know if its important, but there were a coupla strange folks in cloaks in tha group, too. Certainly tweren't orcs. Din' get a good look at 'em, as they kept their distance, but I'm bettin' they were magic-users o' some sort. Didja know about them when you came?

"Oh, and exactly how're you plannin' to, uh 'stop this rampage' as ya said?"